Author Topic: Work's Christmas Party  (Read 42488 times)

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
Re: Work's Christmas Party
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2009, 10:59:02 am »
Like it. How many people called you Scrooge?

It was a free party, so probably none of them. Although I'm sure afew more colourful terms may have been used ;D

Oh well, fuck em.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2009, 11:22:13 am »
It was a free party, so probably none of them. Although I'm sure afew more colourful terms may have been used ;D

Oh well, fuck em.

A kindred spirit  :wave

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2009, 01:25:43 pm »
A kindred spirit  :wave

I don't think in all the years we have been on here we have ever commented to each other.

Amusing that it takes us being bitchy about the happiest time of the year to bring us together ;D
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline borg08

• Main Stander
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »
Ours is tomorrow in the Thistle by the Pierhead. I'm not going because well, I can't be arsed.

It's always shite and I hate everybody's little cliques. I try and mingle with everybody but it's hard sometimes. I've been here nearly 5 years and I'm just sick to death of the place!

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2009, 03:05:00 pm »
I don't think in all the years we have been on here we have ever commented to each other.

Amusing that it takes us being bitchy about the happiest time of the year to bring us together ;D

Indeed. Out of sorrow, entire worlds have been built.  8)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2009, 03:16:36 pm »
I've got one tomorrow and another on Wednesday.

For the one tomorrow (which is more of a leaving do for someone) I've been told that the normal policy of splitting the bill between the number of people attending has been abandoned because of the amount of food I have ordered compared to everyone else.

Spoilsports.
Legacy fan

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:28 pm »

Indeed. Out of sorrow, entire worlds have been built.  8)

Get a room you pair of quilts
Legacy fan

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2009, 05:29:40 pm »
Going to one today.

Went out on Thursday and the bar started to get loads of people on their Christmas do. Its not pleasant when your dancing with your friends to be joined by a group of 40+ year old men and women looking to join in.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2009, 05:35:47 pm »
Ageist

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2009, 05:46:27 pm »
Second Christmas do if the year last night. Had a really nice meal and then drinks till 3 am this morning.

Somebody sent me this - said it reminded them of me last night...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jO_pdFxKNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3jO_pdFxKNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2009, 07:41:16 pm »
:lmao at the video

doing the 12 pubs tomoorrow makeshift xmas jumper in tow!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:46:59 pm by bryanod »
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2009, 11:21:11 pm »
When living in Dublin i ended up going out with a gorgeous Irish lass i worked with.

The only slight issue was her dads absolute hatred for all things english.

After maybe 6 months i was allowed into the house, so to be invited over for xmas dinner, and also being told i could stay in their house after our works party was surprising.

Aftershocks at the xmas party ruined it all for me.

I apparantly woke up about 3 in the morning (Just about the time her taxi driver dad came ini and had a cup of tea in the living room) and started to head up to the toilet for a burst. Bollocko.

For one reason or another i decided i did not want to wait until i got to the toilet, so i just turned around and pissed all over the newly carpeted stairs.  Her dad must have heard the splattering of piss, so obviously came out of the living room to investigate.  I can only assume i heed it in at this stage, as he apparantly then led me back to the bedroom and told me to "fucking get dressed and stay in there" and all that without me even pissing on him.

It is at this stage my decision making became even worse. Upset at offending her dad, i decided to go and iron things out with him, by going back into the living room, sitting next to him on the couch and talking it over. Bollocko.

I ended up spending xmas day having dinner alone, and was barred for around 6 months from her house.

When i did go back, the first thing i noticed was the different colour carpet covering the last 6 or 7 steps where they had replaced the pissy bit.

We split up not long after.

Fuck Christmas parties RIGHT OFF

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Brilliant.

We are not having a christmas night out, more a christmas lunch at a restaurant. Very civilised!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2009, 09:38:15 am »
Our yard lads went out with some of the office staff last night (yard lads had money given to them). Would have gone if not for feeling shite.

Office one on Tuesday, meal in town and alcohol after.

Then the following day we're off to Cafe Sports England to use our quiz won vouchers for free food and wine...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2009, 10:22:51 am »
We went to a restuarant in town. The food was nice, the company of my work colleagues was less so. After 3 beers, 2 double Glenmorangies and an Amaretto I realised that everyone was more drunk than me and I was bored. So I left.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2009, 12:20:06 pm »
Our was supposed to be last Wednesday evening but was postponed and has now become lunch in a pub somewhere next Monday.  Since I'm on holiday next Monday to Wednesday I'm not going to drive 30 miles just to have lunch with that bunch of tossers!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2009, 05:14:31 pm »
I've got my second one tonight, unfortunately I cant stay too late as I have to work in the morning.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2009, 02:20:23 am »
Second Christmas do if the year last night. Had a really nice meal and then drinks till 3 am this morning.

Somebody sent me this - said it reminded them of me last night...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jO_pdFxKNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3jO_pdFxKNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Haha. Surely owner of house wasn't there (unless it's him) as I'd be volleying him out

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2009, 01:00:02 am »
I used to work at a pub, so for our Christmas do we'd basically just have a massive lock-in, we'd all contribute £10 and then have an infinite amount of free drinks all night. At our first one a girl passed out within the first 45 minutes after drinking a bottle of Wray & Nephew rum (not recommended), and it just got considerably more messy from there.

Have to say I've never had as much fun at a Christmas Party since.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline fd1

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2009, 06:04:23 am »
pizza and coke in the meeting room.

wont be going, will have my own christmas party, f**king sh*te.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2009, 06:05:55 am »
pizza and coke in the meeting room.

wont be going, will have my own christmas party, f**king shite.

That has to take the prize as the shittest Christmas party...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline fd1

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2009, 06:06:55 am »
That has to take the prize as the shittest Christmas party...

yeh? well you shouldve seen last years...

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2009, 08:19:47 am »
I am fuck spending £120 to spend 5 or 6 hours with people I work with.

They should be paying me.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2009, 11:52:51 am »
Had mine last night. The highlight was the girl from one of the other offices coming in looking like an Oompa Loompa from fake tan and my drunken mate going... "Ooo, someone's been on holiday. To Boots."

Yes, it was that dull. In fact, me and a few others only stayed a few hours and then went for a few quiet drinks away from the c*nts we spend the year slagging off. Got back before one it was that uneventful.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2009, 11:53:32 am »
Had mine last night. The highlight was the girl from one of the other offices coming in looking like an Oompa Loompa from fake tan and my drunken mate going... "Ooo, someone's been on holiday. To Boots."
:)

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2009, 01:03:43 pm »

Yes, it was that dull. In fact, me and a few others only stayed a few hours and then went for a few quiet drinks away from the c*nts we spend the year slagging off. Got back before one it was that uneventful.

Well look on the bright side, you didn't try and fit yer nob in someones ear

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2009, 04:52:15 pm »
At our first one a girl passed out within the first 45 minutes after drinking a bottle of Wray & Nephew rum (not recommended), and it just got considerably more messy from there.

Call me sceptical but really? A whole bottle? Of 63% rum?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2009, 05:42:21 pm »
Chose not to drink at my other one again this year, it was pretty crap to be honest and I left at midnight.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 8, 2013, 11:50:36 am »
Got our work xmas party this Friday, doubt I'll go. It's crap as no-one ever goes except finance and HR. Some lady from HR actually came down last week trying to sell tickets as they weren't really selling well apparently.

Had an xmas meal last week though, was brutal. Never knew how bad it would be, just full of small talk with people you work with every day and forcing conversation and bad jokes by the director of the department. Not to mention the food was atrocious. Won't be going ever again, will need to think of a new excuse every year though

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #148 on: December 8, 2013, 01:24:49 pm »
We're basically going to the pub on Friday at our own expense, so basically it's a normal Friday night drinks, but we may have to wear stupid xmas hats..which become less stupid and essential wear as the night goes on

"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 8, 2013, 05:16:11 pm »
I am dreading ours, it's some twat restaurant in East London which means I have to either wear kevlar to avoid being stabbed or ear protectors to avoid listening to the twat hipster bullshit.

None of the above is as bad as spending a night with Pointless Pete, Lazy Bones or Fugly, I will put money on at least one of those three pulling a sickie the day after.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 8, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »
Got our work xmas party this Friday, doubt I'll go. It's crap as no-one ever goes except finance and HR. Some lady from HR actually came down last week trying to sell tickets as they weren't really selling well apparently.

Had an xmas meal last week though, was brutal. Never knew how bad it would be, just full of small talk with people you work with every day and forcing conversation and bad jokes by the director of the department. Not to mention the food was atrocious. Won't be going ever again, will need to think of a new excuse every year though

Start my new job tomorrow and a bit terrified that I'll be asked to the Christmas party. Need to plan an excuse early doors.
tell them your Jehovah's ;D

Although Joey's a bit fucked now he's already been to one. :D

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #151 on: December 8, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »
We get to have a meal at a venue of our choice paid for (upto £30 per head) & also get free drinks so everyone can get legless if they want.

The xmas do is usually great as there are a great bunch of people where I work.
Last couple of years have been especially interesting as I copped off with girls from the office both times  after getting pissed...   :lickin
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #152 on: December 9, 2013, 02:40:53 am »
Mine is on Saturday and I'm still not sure whether I should go. The last one I have attended (in 2010) was rather dull. Not much to do except getting drunk, but not too drunk so nothing embarrassing happens. ;) The other downside is that I'm playing football with some mates Sunday-morning. Not the best idea showing up being still half-pissed and having smoked a packet of ciggies the night before...

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 9, 2013, 05:17:57 am »
We are having a golf day this weekend for ours.  It's out of town as well so i'm looking forward to a road trip with the lads  :).

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #154 on: December 9, 2013, 07:54:52 am »
Had ours on Friday. This wednesday seems to be the last unofficial working day for close to 60% of the employees (Im new to this place) and hence last Friday.

So yeah. We had this awesome dinner at this hotel/lobby/hall place in Stuttgart that included Champagne and red wine. A starter buffet, a main course buffet and a dessert buffet. Santa was his usual - spreading cheer and advising people on the spirit of christmas. There was a play area for the kids. Our bosses gave short and interesting speeches about the companies history and plans for the future. And a cocktail bar to end the night with. Was different to the christmas party I experienced in 2012. But still enjoyed it. Even got myself a branded pen set from France.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 9, 2013, 08:27:00 am »
Had ours way early this year as my boss was off for a long Xmas vacation for the whole of December. Pretty good night, we are a small company so there were I think 9-10 of us, went for a banquet-style menu in an Asian fusion place and ended up at a whisky and cigar rooftop bar, all paid by work which was pretty sweet.

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 9, 2013, 10:40:18 am »
I've already done the 'awww, that sounds fun...' face and made my excuses but ours is at Namco funscape, so I do have some sympathy for my middle aged-rather-be-sat-in-a-boozer colleagues ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #157 on: December 9, 2013, 10:49:05 am »
Ours is always decent actually. 3 course meal and free bar all night. Pretty generous in that respect so can't complain. Only problem is there's not a huge number of people I'd happily drink with at work and a couple of them aren't going.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 9, 2013, 11:15:16 am »
Does that free bar include spirits? Ours never includes spirits which means my attendance record is very poor.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #159 on: December 9, 2013, 11:16:54 am »
Does that free bar include spirits? Ours never includes spirits which means my attendance record is very poor.

I think so (within reason - probably nothing fancy and the cheapest versions of each spirit!).