Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1051814 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #16760 on: January 28, 2022, 11:23:24 am »
If someone starts working as self employed in October 2021, when do they have to notify HMRC of this? Fairly sure they have until end of January 23 to file their tax return, but when do they actually have to tell HMRC that they are self employed?

Have another self employed question

When you end self employment (long term self employed, not like above), do you advise HMRC immediately or at the end of the tax year? Surely it's immediately?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16761 on: January 28, 2022, 11:24:43 pm »
Should have said earlier, https://old.reddit.com/r/UKPersonalFinance is probably a good place to ask this question, I've seen similar questions posted there before.

Cheers mate
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16762 on: January 31, 2022, 09:08:22 am »
Are pre flight PCR tests still a thing for the fully vaccinated?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16763 on: January 31, 2022, 09:11:12 am »

Changes to international travel rules from 11 February 2022
If you arrive in England after 4am, 11 February, the following rules will apply.

Fully vaccinated – from 11 February
If you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you:

will not need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England or after you arrive
will not need to quarantine when you arrive
You will need to complete a passenger locator form before you travel to England.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16764 on: January 31, 2022, 09:59:30 am »

Depends on where you are going. Cyrpus for example are requiring all travellers over 12 to take a pre departure and on arrival PCR test, no matter what your status. Missus was looking at Dubai as we had to cancel Tenerife and that is also a Pre Flight PCR, regardless of vaccine status.

Spain is no PCR's but must be fully vaccinated, if your 2nd jab was more than 270 days before arrival, you have to have had a booster and must be 14 days before travel. No vaccination means no entry.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:03:29 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16765 on: January 31, 2022, 10:37:13 am »
Here's a question, how far from the 2 stadiums Anfield and Goodison and is it an easy walking route?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16766 on: January 31, 2022, 10:40:09 am »
Here's a question, how far from the 2 stadiums Anfield and Goodison and is it an easy walking route?

Put it this way Paul, you wouldn’t need to speed up your video when you put it on YouTube.

Can’t be more than half a mile and you’d only need to go down two roads (or through the park).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:41:44 am by Crosby Nick »

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16767 on: January 31, 2022, 10:46:51 am »
Put it this way Paul, you wouldn’t need to speed up your video when you put it on YouTube.

Can’t be more than half a mile and you’d only need to go down two roads (or through the park).
A'hh ok, champion.  Well I'm going to Liverpool for a few days soon and just trying to work out some places to go when i'm there.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16768 on: January 31, 2022, 10:46:53 am »

10-15 min walk through the park.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16769 on: January 31, 2022, 10:58:32 am »
10-15 min walk through the park.
Nice one, thanks Craig.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16770 on: January 31, 2022, 01:42:10 pm »
A'hh ok, champion.  Well I'm going to Liverpool for a few days soon and just trying to work out some places to go when i'm there.

Will look for your posting of that video, Paolo... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16771 on: January 31, 2022, 02:52:57 pm »
I think I heard once that it was 1200 yards between the two stadiums
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16772 on: January 31, 2022, 03:31:40 pm »

Do the LFC tour and from the windows in the Main Stand, you can see across the Park to the Pit, save yourself the walk and disappointment of seeing the shithole close up ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16773 on: January 31, 2022, 05:56:50 pm »
Do the LFC tour and from the windows in the Main Stand, you can see across the Park to the Pit, save yourself the walk and disappointment of seeing the shithole close up ;)
it is really, really not worth the walk.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16774 on: January 31, 2022, 06:04:55 pm »
Thanks for the replies above!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16775 on: January 31, 2022, 06:58:57 pm »
All righty then, thank you for the replies and the advice.  I'm into walking and walk miles and miles so a little stroll across the park will be nothing and saying as I will be in the area I want to go there and have a look around the place for myself, o'hh and I'm used to going to shitholes, i'm not too far from Sunderland and Middlesborough   ;)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16776 on: January 31, 2022, 07:00:46 pm »
All righty then, thank you for the replies and the advice.  I'm into walking and walk miles and miles so a little stroll across the park will be nothing and saying as I will be in the area I want to go there and have a look around the place for myself, o'hh and I'm used to going to shitholes, i'm not too far from Sunderland and Middlesborough   ;)

Compared to those, the pit will be posh ;D

Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16777 on: January 31, 2022, 07:02:06 pm »

With any luck you'll get to see the famous cuckoo clock at Goodison, unless Frank's lost a few games and the rabid mob is out in force blocking the entrance to the ground.

Actually, do Everton have a museum - rather than Goodison being a museum. An interesting point.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16778 on: January 31, 2022, 07:06:57 pm »
Compared to those, the pit will be posh ;D

Middlesborough has to be the biggest dump in the country, by a mile and the locals haven't got a dozen brain cells between them.  Seriously, steer clear of that place.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16779 on: January 31, 2022, 07:26:37 pm »
Middlesborough has to be the biggest dump in the country, by a mile and the locals haven't got a dozen brain cells between them.  Seriously, steer clear of that place.

Went there to collect a return load from a Tesco near the Stadium, I'd been up near Sunderland and drove in down the A19, as you get near you just think wtf is this place, its horrible.

Mate from work went to the races at Redcar a few years back, load of them went. I said do not go into Boro, the fella who owned the guest house they were staying at said the same. He comes into work on the Monday with a shiner, gone into Boro and got punched by a woman. his brother got battered by a load of lads.

While in Liverpool, go and look at both Cathedrals, the Anglican one is obviously better than Paddys Wigwam, but both worth a visit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 07:28:14 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16780 on: January 31, 2022, 07:34:16 pm »

Why dont you go full Everton and visit the water tower?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16781 on: January 31, 2022, 07:35:12 pm »
Beware of the woodworm at Goodison; they're as vicious as the fans  ;D

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16782 on: January 31, 2022, 07:43:47 pm »
Went to Middlesborough, got a black eye off a woman.  Par for the course Rob, the local females there are like Russian Shot Putters or Hammer Throwers or summat.  You definitely wouldn't want a back hander off one of the c*nts.

Ohh and I will be visiting just about everywhere, Matthew St, I like that place, the Docks, Albert Dock, erm where the Liver Building is.  I'll be there 3 days / 2 nights so time to take plenty in.    :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16783 on: January 31, 2022, 08:10:49 pm »
Paul, see if they are still doing the Tower experience at the Anglican; it's brilliant  8)

Tower Experience
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16784 on: January 31, 2022, 08:24:32 pm »
Paul, see if they are still doing the Tower experience at the Anglican; it's brilliant  8)

Tower Experience
WOWZA, magnificent views from up there.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16785 on: February 1, 2022, 04:24:55 pm »
Maybe should go to the mods with this, but why do some posts show up (for me anyhow, no matter what device I'm using) in much smaller font than others? Does it vary by the poster's device or OS or browser or something?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #16786 on: February 1, 2022, 07:13:37 pm »
WOWZA, magnificent views from up there.
Definitely worth it Paul - I do it almost every time I get back.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16787 on: February 1, 2022, 09:15:02 pm »
Definitely worth it Paul - I do it almost every time I get back.
Arrrgggggg Jim Lad, git over here and give me a cuddle you handsome brute.

In the mean time here's what I've got written down so far.

Matthew Street
Albert Dock
The Beatles Story
Anfield then walk over the Park to the Shithole
Anglican Tower Experience
Maritime Museum
China Town
A ride on the Ferry, this - https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/liverpool-l210/liverpool-river-cruise-on-mersey-river-t48033/

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16788 on: February 2, 2022, 04:56:15 pm »
Arrrgggggg Jim Lad, git over here and give me a cuddle you handsome brute.

In the mean time here's what I've got written down so far.

Matthew Street
Albert Dock
The Beatles Story
Anfield then walk over the Park to the Shithole
Anglican Tower Experience
Maritime Museum
China Town
A ride on the Ferry, this - https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/liverpool-l210/liverpool-river-cruise-on-mersey-river-t48033/

O'hh, and how does one get to New Brighton, a train from Lime Street?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16789 on: February 2, 2022, 05:46:12 pm »
O'hh, and how does one get to New Brighton, a train from Lime Street?

Yes, or Central, Moorfields or James St, if you're closer to any of them. (It's a Merseyrail train, so not in Lime St main station, but there's an elevator/tunnel leading to the Merseyrail station )
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16790 on: February 2, 2022, 05:51:26 pm »

Yes, or Central, Moorfields or James St, if you're closer to any of them. (It's a Merseyrail train, so not in Lime St main station, but there's an elevator/tunnel leading to the Merseyrail station )
OK many thanks.  I will be staying at The Marriot which I think I read is about 350 yards from Lime Street station so will that be the nearest station?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16791 on: February 2, 2022, 06:39:32 pm »
OK many thanks.  I will be staying at The Marriot which I think I read is about 350 yards from Lime Street station so will that be the nearest station?

Yeah, its halfway between Lime St and Moorfields. All four station are easily walkable. The "Wirral line" trains come through the tunnel and do a loop in the city centre before going back through the tunnel - James St, Moorefields, Lime St, Central, James St. The "northern line" trains cut accross and stop at Moorfields and Central. You might want to get one when you go look at the stadiums (get off at Sandhills, then walk) or you can just walk from.the city centre, takes about half an hour.

Oh, you can also get the ferry over to the Wirral and then get a train to New Brighton.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16792 on: February 2, 2022, 06:51:38 pm »

or just follow the locals and swim over.  good exercise and you save a bit of money.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16793 on: February 2, 2022, 06:51:59 pm »
Yeah, its halfway between Lime St and Moorfields. All four station are easily walkable. The "Wirral line" trains come through the tunnel and do a loop in the city centre before going back through the tunnel - James St, Moorefields, Lime St, Central, James St. The "northern line" trains cut accross and stop at Moorfields and Central. You might want to get one when you go look at the stadiums (get off at Sandhills, then walk) or you can just walk from.the city centre, takes about half an hour.

Oh, you can also get the ferry over to the Wirral and then get a train to New Brighton.
It's going to be quite an adventure and I'm looking forward to it.  I've been to Liverpool 3 times before but each time there and back in the same day, i'm into walking and plan to put in quite a few miles.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16794 on: February 2, 2022, 06:53:23 pm »
or just follow the locals and swim over.  good exercise and you save a bit of money.
From memory the Mersey is really wide unlike the Tyne . . . . a hop, skip and a jump gets you over the Tyne.

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16795 on: February 2, 2022, 06:55:47 pm »
From memory the Mersey is really wide unlike the Tyne . . . . a hop, skip and a jump gets you over the Tyne.
what TF do you have floating in there?

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16796 on: February 2, 2022, 07:03:00 pm »
what TF do you have floating in there?
I have a mate who works security along the Quayside and he has told me that there is a body pulled out the river at least once a month. Most of them jump off the Tyne Bridge or High Level Bridge. These are mental times and a lot of people can't take no more. It is horrendous it really is.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16797 on: February 2, 2022, 07:04:04 pm »
It's going to be quite an adventure and I'm looking forward to it.  I've been to Liverpool 3 times before but each time there and back in the same day, i'm into walking and plan to put in quite a few miles.

You can walk back from New Brighton along the prom, then get a ferry or a train back over the river. (The ferries are not very often, so better to check). Nice view over to Liverpool.

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16798 on: February 2, 2022, 07:11:45 pm »
I have a mate who works security along the Quayside and he has told me that there is a body pulled out the river at least once a month. Most of them jump off the Tyne Bridge or High Level Bridge. These are mental times and a lot of people can't take no more. It is horrendous it really is.
christ that's awful.  god help everyone if we have another Delta-type variant.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16799 on: February 2, 2022, 07:16:10 pm »
christ that's awful.  god help everyone if we have another Delta-type variant.
These insufferable Tory gobshites have got a lot to answer for, people suffering up and down the land and they are having a knees up in number 10.  I will leave it there and say no more on the subject before I lose my rag and get a lifetime ban from here.