Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877440 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #5000 on: May 20, 2019, 02:42:41 pm »
Arsenal can't afford to spend that much money on one player.

How much do you reckon they would get for Aubameyang ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5001 on: May 20, 2019, 03:28:38 pm »
How much do you reckon they would get for Aubameyang ?

Why would they be selling him? Even if they do, hypothetically, given his age, they aren't making a significant profit on him, that would fund Coutinho plus everything else they need in their squad.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5002 on: May 20, 2019, 03:45:56 pm »
Why would they be selling him? Even if they do, hypothetically, given his age, they aren't making a significant profit on him, that would fund Coutinho plus everything else they need in their squad.

Auba is close to 30 - more or less has one foot in the grave according to GOT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5003 on: May 20, 2019, 03:59:02 pm »

There's just a bit of talk about him moving on,silly season and all that & they'd be nuts to sell him,just wondering if they could put a package together for Phil,they're not exactly skint are they.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5004 on: May 20, 2019, 04:00:36 pm »

There's just a bit of talk about him moving on,silly season and all that & they'd be nuts to sell him,just wondering if they could put a package together for Phil,they're not exactly skint are they.

In a swap you mean? That proposes a problem for Auba, where does he fit in, considering Griezman is more than likely going to Barca and with Dembele already there.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5005 on: May 20, 2019, 04:02:46 pm »

How much could Barcelona expect to recoup if they sold him in the summer? They are bound to make a loss, but if it's significant, wouldn't they be better keeping him, maybe he'll outlast Valverde and the next coach may know how to get more out of him?

Arsenal may not be as skint as they like to pretend, but they still aren't going to be throwing a massive fee at one player when they need so much more.

As for Auba, can't see him wanting to leave. His priority was signing for a team who'd give him that last massive contract. He got his wish.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5006 on: May 20, 2019, 04:03:24 pm »

I can't see it,Arsenal should go for him now Chelsea aren't appealing or PSG will buy him if the tumbler leaves.

Not sure I can see PSG and Barcelona doing business any time soon, even if it probably would be a good deal for all involved.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5007 on: May 20, 2019, 04:09:46 pm »
How much could Barcelona expect to recoup if they sold him in the summer? They are bound to make a loss, but if it's significant, wouldn't they be better keeping him, maybe he'll outlast Valverde and the next coach may know how to get more out of him?

Arsenal may not be as skint as they like to pretend, but they still aren't going to be throwing a massive fee at one player when they need so much more.

As for Auba, can't see him wanting to leave. His priority was signing for a team who'd give him that last massive contract. He got his wish.

I think that they've already decided to keep him,if they weren't then surely they would've kept him on the bench and not activated the £4.5m add-on.

As for price,who knows but I don't think that he is playing like a £100m player let alone £130+m

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5008 on: May 20, 2019, 05:00:07 pm »
The fact that most of us probably gave more of a shit when Owen went there says a lot about Coutinho  ;D

Don't want him to go there.  But if he does?   Meh.
I think it says more about the state of United and ourselves. Like seriously who can they get to threaten us? Even Messi+Ronaldo wouldn't be enough for them.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5009 on: May 21, 2019, 11:24:18 pm »
That was what was announced at the time but apparently it was actually linked to Barca reaching the quarter finals.  They did that so we got the payment.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-deal-16251944

If he stays for another season you'd imagine the final two payments are assured (depending on if the last CL payment is linked to quarter final or final involvement).

If not we still rinsed them for £130m+ for a player they're going to sell on at a loss just on transfer fees, let along the unseen payments, wages and bonuses that a transfer of that magnitude generates.  I'm not sure he was that much of a commercial bonanza as it's difficult to make a big splash in a pond fully occupied by Messi.

I wonder if there's the scope to get tougher on addons in the future e.g. write it so that if a player gets sold before the end of their first contract, they have to pay the remaining appearance addons that would have been earned during that time.  ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5010 on: May 22, 2019, 07:16:42 am »
The fact that most of us probably gave more of a shit when Owen went there says a lot about Coutinho  ;D

Don't want him to go there.  But if he does?   Meh.
we got a lot less for Owen relative to his real value and him running his contract down

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5011 on: May 23, 2019, 10:01:40 pm »
Currently in Barcelona and saw a number of sports shops selling Barca shirts with Griezman's name on.

Shitheads.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5012 on: May 24, 2019, 01:26:15 pm »
Currently in Barcelona and saw a number of sports shops selling Barca shirts with Griezman's name on.

Shitheads.

You talking about those shops that are seemingly on every corner?  If so, those are knockoffs and probably the shop owners are the ones printing them. 

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5013 on: May 24, 2019, 10:21:15 pm »
we got a lot less for Owen relative to his real value and him running his contract down

Klopp would have played him in the CL and made him see out his contract.  Even at the time, £8m was such a pittance for a player like him it was hardly worth the money - and that was when our club record was £14m for Cisse. 

He probably would have signed a new contract after Istanbul, although I've always thought we wouldn't have won with him in the side. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5014 on: May 24, 2019, 10:22:38 pm »
Klopp would have played him in the CL and made him see out his contract.  Even at the time, £8m was such a pittance it was hardly worth the money.  He probably would have signed a new contract after Istanbul, although I've always thought we wouldn't have won with him in the side.
Klopp would have done the complete opposite. He's been pretty open about not getting in the way of players leaving.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5015 on: May 24, 2019, 10:57:23 pm »
You should see the quotes from their latest press conference.

They really are broken by what we did to them

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5016 on: May 24, 2019, 11:00:22 pm »
Messi: "We received a very hard blow in Liverpool, it was difficult to get up and we felt still hurt in the following games, it was a hard blow, really."

Messi: "I did not see much nor listen to the criticism of Valverde, the coach... I sincerely believe that he has done an impressive job during his time here so far and he was not responsible for the elimination in Liverpool, it was our fault, we played a shocking game."

Messi: "I do not think about the Golden Boot. I am still recovering from what happened in Liverpool and I do not think about personal titles, I just want to finish the year with another title."

Messi: "I have not reviewed Liverpool's game, but what I remember is that it was very similar to the Roma game, they quickly scored a goal, we lowered our heads thinking that it could happen again. We did not give Liverpool opposition and we can not afford that."

Messi: "A double is very important for the club, for us... But the year is tarnished by Liverpool."

Gerard Piqué: "The game at Anfield against Liverpool was one of my worst moments as a professional football player."

Messi: "We are all sad because of the game against Liverpool, but it is not on me to decide if there should be changes in the team or not."

Messi: "The game against Liverpool was different from losing the World Cup final. But having an advantage of 3 goals and still lose is unexpected and very tough."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5017 on: May 24, 2019, 11:02:07 pm »
Messi: "We received a very hard blow in Liverpool, it was difficult to get up and we felt still hurt in the following games, it was a hard blow, really."

Messi: "I did not see much nor listen to the criticism of Valverde, the coach... I sincerely believe that he has done an impressive job during his time here so far and he was not responsible for the elimination in Liverpool, it was our fault, we played a shocking game."

Messi: "I do not think about the Golden Boot. I am still recovering from what happened in Liverpool and I do not think about personal titles, I just want to finish the year with another title."

Messi: "I have not reviewed Liverpool's game, but what I remember is that it was very similar to the Roma game, they quickly scored a goal, we lowered our heads thinking that it could happen again. We did not give Liverpool opposition and we can not afford that."

Messi: "A double is very important for the club, for us... But the year is tarnished by Liverpool."

Gerard Piqué: "The game at Anfield against Liverpool was one of my worst moments as a professional football player."

Messi: "We are all sad because of the game against Liverpool, but it is not on me to decide if there should be changes in the team or not."

Messi: "The game against Liverpool was different from losing the World Cup final. But having an advantage of 3 goals and still lose is unexpected and very tough."
At least Messi is taking it well and seems to have put it behind him.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5018 on: May 24, 2019, 11:03:34 pm »
Good to see Messi isn’t dwelling on it.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5019 on: May 24, 2019, 11:14:26 pm »
I just love that we have broken messis spirit, you’d think things like higuain fucking up two great chances to win the World Cup in the maracana and the Copa America could do but it was anfield that did this, need that quote up somewhere at the ground.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5020 on: May 25, 2019, 12:40:57 am »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Love seeing a side so cocky get slaughtered

Has Vidal donated his nuts as promised?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5021 on: May 25, 2019, 12:48:15 am »
Personally, I'm sick of hearing their whingeing self-pity over the tie. Also, I'm sick of their lack of grace in defeat. They were schooled on their own pitch by Liverpool and got away with an absurd 3-0 win in the first leg. At Anfield they were dismantled completely. Despite this, I've not seen one of them come out and have the class to admit they were beaten by the best team in the tie. All they have done is moan and wallow in self-pity like spoiled children after someone finally said no to them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5022 on: May 25, 2019, 12:49:29 am »
Klopp would have done the complete opposite. He's been pretty open about not getting in the way of players leaving.

He played Coutinho in the CL, which utterly nullified his use to Barcelona that year.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5023 on: May 25, 2019, 12:53:44 am »
We left them with a mental scar, ala Milan in Istanbul

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5024 on: May 25, 2019, 12:54:13 am »
Personally, I'm sick of hearing their whingeing self-pity over the tie. Also, I'm sick of their lack of grace in defeat. They were schooled on their own pitch by Liverpool and got away with an absurd 3-0 win in the first leg. At Anfield they were dismantled completely. Despite this, I've not seen one of them come out and have the class to admit they were beaten by the best team in the tie. All they have done is moan and wallow in self-pity like spoiled children after someone finally said no to them.

Yeah.  None of those quotes give us the slightest bit of credit. 

Even though Messi himself said Barca couldn't stand another 90 minutes playing at the intensity we were in the first leg, and though he was clearly crushed that Barca fluffed the chance of a fourth goal.

It's what pisses me off with these arrogant prick clubs.  Their attitude is that we didn't win because we were the better side - they just had a bad day at the office.

Fuck them.  Snide c*nts.

And Messi can fuck off.  Opted to stay at a club where trophies essentially fall into his hands, rather than try to prove himself at another club.  Too scared to step outside of his comfort zone.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:56:24 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5025 on: May 25, 2019, 01:29:16 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5rOiW_xY-kc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5rOiW_xY-kc</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5026 on: May 25, 2019, 01:30:56 am »
We left them with a mental scar, ala Milan in Istanbul

That scar healed pretty bloody quickly by 2007.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5027 on: May 25, 2019, 02:33:45 am »
That scar healed pretty bloody quickly by 2007.

Yeah but they still talk about it to this day as something they've never gotten over despite Athens

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5028 on: May 25, 2019, 07:16:16 am »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5029 on: May 25, 2019, 08:51:29 am »
He played Coutinho in the CL, which utterly nullified his use to Barcelona that year.
Because he came back to training. Im.not saying klopp will roll out the red carpet for a player who wants to go, but if we get the money we wanted i dont think klopp would stand in the way of any player.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #5030 on: May 25, 2019, 09:28:54 am »
Yeah.  None of those quotes give us the slightest bit of credit. 

This is the closest they've come:

Defender Gerard Pique added that it was one of the "worst" nights of his career, but he credited Liverpool for preventing Barca from playing their usual football.

"It was one of the worst experiences as a professional player," he said in a news conference. "We tried to play Barcelona's style, sometimes it's easier, sometimes it's difficult. This is the idea from the coach to the players.

"But it's not just what we want. Sometimes the other team plays, sometimes you have different players or players that maybe are more comfortable playing another kind of game. At the end of the day, a lot of circumstances that make you play one way or another way.

"The wish is to play Barcelona's style, what we learned here in La Masia. But there are times, like at Anfield, when it's not possible to have all of the ball. That's one of the reasons why we lost."

http://global.espn.com/football/barcelona/story/3860744/messi-backs-valverdefaults-players-for-anfield-collapse

To be fair, Valverde praised us to high heavens after the game, if I remember correctly.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5031 on: May 25, 2019, 10:49:18 am »
to be fair after the first leg messi did come out and basically say it wasn’t all over yet, think it’s more the PTSD than anything else

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5032 on: May 25, 2019, 11:09:12 am »
Watched a highly amusing reaction video from a Barca lad this morning.  I guess he was probably about 15.  Kept shouting "Puta Messi!  PUTA!"

At the end of the video he chucks his Messi shirt in the bin.  Spoiled little scrote. :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5033 on: May 25, 2019, 12:01:35 pm »
Is the Copa del Reay final on any channel apart from the nondescript internet tv channel today?

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5034 on: May 25, 2019, 01:12:15 pm »
And Messi can fuck off.  Opted to stay at a club where trophies essentially fall into his hands, rather than try to prove himself at another club.  Too scared to step outside of his comfort zone.
He has had to drag Barca with him often in the last couple of years, honestly. They've often looked toothless when he hasn't started a game, and I don't think they'd have won the league this year without him.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5035 on: May 25, 2019, 01:23:34 pm »
o be fair that last bit can be said about a lot of the legends (Gerrard, totti, Del piero being three obvious ones)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5036 on: May 25, 2019, 01:46:50 pm »
Too scared to step out of his comfort zone :lmao

He should really have gone to Rotherham, test himself there
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5037 on: May 25, 2019, 01:56:49 pm »
Considering Messi seems to have to carry that team on his shoulders, and has been doing for a while, I'd think accusing him of staying in his comfort zone is a bit rough!

After all, I'm sure he could have buggered off to Abu Dhabi FC if he wanted, or wherever he liked, but he stuck with Barcelona, not much wrong with that.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5038 on: May 25, 2019, 02:02:56 pm »
Yeah, harsh to condemn a player for staying at one club (what about Gerrard? Carragher?). Especially when much of the decision won't be a footballing one - they aren't playing FIFA, they've got to consider their lives away from their job as well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5039 on: May 25, 2019, 02:09:17 pm »
Yeah, harsh to condemn a player for staying at one club (what about Gerrard? Carragher?). Especially when much of the decision won't be a footballing one - they aren't playing FIFA, they've got to consider their lives away from their job as well.

Totti,Del Piero, Maldini as well