Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877515 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #4720 on: May 9, 2019, 11:15:09 am »
Re Coutinho

He's a fucking idiot, and Barca are idiots.  Phil took years to settle in and shine with us, then fucked off just when things were getting interesting.  Not all his fault - he had whispers in his ear that Barca was the kind of club players like him went to and he listened to them.  But still a dumb move - could have helped us win the CL last year instead of cooling his heels, watching Roma turn his new club over from the stands.

But Barca bought him seemingly without any clear idea of what to do with him.  It's their institutional arrogance that they can have pretty much any player they want that has undone them here.  They just saw a good player and said, "we'll have him!" without apparently checking his history or studying how Klopp and Brendan had made use of him.  They seem to have bought him for no other reason than that they could.  He's a worse vanity purchase than Pogba.

If they want Phil to work out they need to show a bit of fucking patience and see how well the team and him can adapt to make best use of his talents.  But they wont, because it's Barca and modern football isn't like that.  They'll just jettison him and move on to the next big player.  And Phil will be left crushed, wondering where it all went wrong as he tries to play off Luke Shaw.

As for Suarez, well fuck him.  I never minded him being a cnut when he was our cnut, but as others have said, he showed precious little respect for us in either leg of the tie.  Liverpool and Liverpool fans stood by him through all kinds of crazy shit.  We're not asking him to throw the match and we know he's an aggressive winner, but being a dick towards former team mates is a shite way to play.  He was pulling shit he knew our club would never have allowed him to do.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #4721 on: May 9, 2019, 11:24:08 am »
United.
Also, to hell with Coutinho. Who cares about his great sadness. The entire Barca twitterdom and biased Spanish media are painting him as the failure that has brought Barca down this season. He is being destroyed by millions around the world.

It's not that he wanted to fulfill his lifelong dream that I had a problem with, it's the way he did it and the timing thereof.

Klopp had him pegged though, he's a canny one is our Jurgen

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4722 on: May 9, 2019, 11:38:22 am »
"Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour. Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more.”
Quote from Klopp before he left us

Don't think Klopp would even be interested in him and he's burnt his bridges with the fans. The way he went around sulking on the pitch from summer to January was an absolute disgrace. He would also not be worth the £75+ million that they would want for him. Cheaper alternative who suit our style out there who can play in different positions (Ziyech for example, only seen him throughout the champions league but he looks like he was made for a klopp team)

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4723 on: May 9, 2019, 01:03:49 pm »
I have no animosity to Coutinho or Sterling, Suárez though is the biggest c*nt I’ve seen play for us since Diouff. Despite that people on here were always so willing to defend him, as was I at a time, but he’s a c*nt on the field akin to Ramos akin to Pepe and I lost even more respect for him over the last two weeks. In fact when he was bringing up his supposedly black great grandfather to justify why he  wouldn’t be racist I was getting red herrings, he’s someone who will do anything to win including making
remarks about ones race, bite opponents multiple times and even purposely injure players, we are incessant in our support as Liverpool fans, but I do think sometimes why it has taken this long for us to all see how aboherrent of a person he is, at least on the field.

[/applause.gif]

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4724 on: May 9, 2019, 01:10:52 pm »
No way Klopp would ever bring him back after he burned those bridges. Also Klopp always felt we sacrificed part of game to accommodate Coutinho in the system because he didnt have the fitness levels capable to go a full 90 in Klopps system, hes not gonna revert after the strides we made since Coutinho left.

This is the reason we won't be bringing Coutinho back.  We have a fully functioning side which is different then the one we had when Coutinho was here.  We won't be bringing him back but will bring someone in who fits in with how Klopp has us playing and has similar attacking attributes to Coutinho. 

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4725 on: May 9, 2019, 01:22:59 pm »
"Stay here and they will end up building a statue in your honour. Go somewhere else, to Barcelona, to Bayern Munich, to Real Madrid, and you will be just another player. Here you can be something more.”
Quote from Klopp before he left us

Don't think Klopp would even be interested in him and he's burnt his bridges with the fans. The way he went around sulking on the pitch from summer to January was an absolute disgrace. He would also not be worth the £75+ million that they would want for him. Cheaper alternative who suit our style out there who can play in different positions (Ziyech for example, only seen him throughout the champions league but he looks like he was made for a klopp team)

Fekir was that player. A player who has all the silky skills of Coutinho, scores goals like him and works as hard as Firmino. It's a rare combination that one may never get. Pity with those fitness issues, and I pity us more than him in this case. We'd have gotten a lot better with him than he'd have with us. But then, he'd also be competing for the biggest honours in club football.

Can't stop rambling, but I still can't believe the events that unfolded regarding him. I'd watched his games for a long time (a full season to be frank) before he was linked with us and was incredibly chuffed when he was linked with us. When we were about to get him, I was jumping up & down, because there's not a more Klopp player in the world who doesn't play for us. Alas!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: May 9, 2019, 01:30:15 pm »
From my limited tactical knowledge it seems Mane is mostly playing the role vacated by Coutinho and he's absolutely excelling there.  There's the caveat that Klopp has tweaked the role to suit Mane's skills but Mane is a bigger threat than Coutinho ever was.

I miss Coutinho's set-pieces and he had that 20+ yarder in his locker that none of our current players really have (Salah against Chelsea excepted).  It might be that Coutinho without all the baggage would be someone Klopp would be interested in but I don't see any chance that Klopp or FSG would have him back.  It would also split the fan base that is currently very united.

The world is full of technical, skilful attacking midfielders.  Coutinho is at the upper end of that but there's no shortage of others if that's the type of player Klopp wants to add.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4727 on: May 9, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »
Hope that crushing defeat stays within them forever as our glorious comeback will stay with us too. It is so sweet beating them, watching Suarez and Coutinho deflated and also overcoming their shithousery and giving them a taste of their own medicine.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4728 on: May 9, 2019, 04:20:57 pm »
I don’t think Coutinho misses us at all to be honest

Won 2 La Ligas, in sunny Spain, playing with Messi I don’t think he gives a shit about us. We shouldn’t about him.

I don't anyone thinks or cares if he does?

Just people finding amusment in the fact no bugger seems to like him or rate him at the club he was desperate to join  :P 

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: May 9, 2019, 04:53:12 pm »

I don't anyone thinks or cares if he does?

Just people finding amusment in the fact no bugger seems to like him or rate him at the club he was desperate to join  :P
Fuck him, fake injury twat, and fuck Suarez, the absolute lack of any respect shown to the club or fans that in his own words, "made him" was shocking.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: May 9, 2019, 05:11:23 pm »
Fuck him, fake injury twat, and fuck Suarez, the absolute lack of any respect shown to the club or fans that in his own words, "made him" was shocking.

Have you read some of his other quotes? I actually dont think he thinks we "made" him. He Legit feels he should be respected and loved because he got us back into the CL and almost us won us a title. And while i agree that is true, we also gave him a chance on a bigger stage to shine. Its mutual and he spat in our faces these two games. I respected him but after those two games he is a fucking twat

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #4731 on: May 9, 2019, 05:30:29 pm »
Just seen the footage of Suarez gloating in Robertson's face after Messi's free-kick in first leg. Feels good now. Prick

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4732 on: May 9, 2019, 06:56:13 pm »
Loved how Luis stormed off the pitch at full time.  Didn't wait to be consoled, didn't try to console anyone.  He knew he wouldn't get anything from our fans, or the former team mates he had dicked with.  Barcelona might be a winning machine, but I doubt they have the same fundamental team spirit and bond that our squad clearly has. 

Our team is family, theirs are just colleagues.  Purely a working relationship.  Suarez went off to sulk alone in the bog.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4733 on: May 9, 2019, 07:40:33 pm »
Just seen the footage of Suarez gloating in Robertson's face after Messi's free-kick in first leg. Feels good now. Prick

Haha hope Robbo found him

My cash on Robbo in a tear up
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4734 on: May 9, 2019, 07:44:55 pm »
Ronaldo: "Barcelona has a great team. They have the best player in the world, Messi, and i heard that the loss was the fault of Valverde, Coutinho but never Messi's fault. Instead, when they win it's the Barcelona of Messi that wins. It's a tremendous injustice for all of the players and the staff."

;D
:D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4735 on: May 9, 2019, 07:53:22 pm »
Suarez never really gave a fuck about us, he would've been on the first plane to London if given the chance. Put him in the same bracket as Sterling, Coutinho, Torres and Owen.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4736 on: May 9, 2019, 07:54:55 pm »
Ronaldo: "Barcelona has a great team. They have the best player in the world, Messi, and i heard that the loss was the fault of Valverde, Coutinho but never Messi's fault. Instead, when they win it's the Barcelona of Messi that wins. It's a tremendous injustice for all of the players and the staff."

;D

True but that plastic fucker never stops talking about Messi

Messi just gets in with his game. I’ve never seen him as unsporting as he was v us at Camp Nou. Shame really cos I love Messi, he’s given me huge joy as a football fan. A Torturer of United
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4737 on: May 9, 2019, 07:56:16 pm »
Suarez never really gave a fuck about us, he would've been on the first plane to London if given the chance. Put him in the same bracket as Sterling, Coutinho, Torres and Owen.

Had we been willing to deal then he would've ended up where he did.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4738 on: May 9, 2019, 08:14:36 pm »

Messi just gets in with his game. I’ve never seen him as unsporting as he was v us at Camp Nou. Shame really cos I love Messi, he’s given me huge joy as a football fan. A Torturer of United

As big a compliment as this club, its players and fan base could ever receive.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4739 on: May 9, 2019, 08:29:49 pm »

I should have said it's Brazil's Ronaldo.
:D

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4740 on: May 9, 2019, 08:34:44 pm »

Remembered he threw a hissy fit when we didn't let him join Arsenal. But his next season with us made up for it so we forgot.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4741 on: May 9, 2019, 08:39:21 pm »
Yep, agreed

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4742 on: May 9, 2019, 08:43:50 pm »
Loved how Luis stormed off the pitch at full time.  Didn't wait to be consoled, didn't try to console anyone.  He knew he wouldn't get anything from our fans, or the former team mates he had dicked with.  Barcelona might be a winning machine, but I doubt they have the same fundamental team spirit and bond that our squad clearly has. 

Our team is family, theirs are just colleagues.  Purely a working relationship.  Suarez went off to sulk alone in the bog.

Yep, they are a collection of expensive mercenaries rather than a team.

As a club they seem so self-absorbed too. Maybe I've missed it, but since Tuesday I've not heard a single one of them acknowledge Liverpool's performance. I understand that they have to look at themselves after getting such a mauling, but I think you also have to show some respect and acknowledgement towards a team that can do that to you. It's strange, because their fans seemed, by all accounts, to be great, but the club seem to lack any humility. Their arrogance was clearly on show, though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4743 on: May 9, 2019, 08:52:05 pm »

He doesn't give a fuck about Barcelona either.

Yep, they are a collection of expensive mercenaries rather than a team.

As a club they seem so self-absorbed too. Maybe I've missed it, but since Tuesday I've not heard a single one of them acknowledge Liverpool's performance. I understand that they have to look at themselves after getting such a mauling, but I think you also have to show some respect and acknowledgement towards a team that can do that to you. It's strange, because their fans seemed, by all accounts, to be great, but the club seem to lack any humility. Their arrogance was clearly on show, though.

It's the "we are Barcelona" syndrome; no different from Real Madrid, really.  They're not a club, they're an entity.  I'm sure it wasn't always like this but somewhere along the way they've lost a little bit of their soul. 

I've not seen any of the reactions from Barca fans, other than that twitter link somebody posted.  The impression I have though, is that the players care more about their own bruised egos than the pain of their supporters, despite the apologies offered.  I don't know, I may be seeing something that isn't there, but it all just seems a bit... hollow.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4744 on: May 9, 2019, 09:02:01 pm »
Remembered he threw a hissy fit when we didn't let him join Arsenal. But his next season with us made up for it so we forgot.

And the only reason it made up for it was because he played his arse off to get his move. Still feel we got ripped off in that deal and should have got way more than 75m but guess we countered that by getting 100+ for Coutinho. Doesnt look like we will see alot of those add-ons in that deal.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4745 on: May 9, 2019, 09:04:55 pm »
It's the "we are Barcelona" syndrome; no different from Real Madrid, really.  They're not a club, they're an entity.  I'm sure it wasn't always like this but somewhere along the way they've lost a little bit of their soul. 

I've not seen any of the reactions from Barca fans, other than that twitter link somebody posted.  The impression I have though, is that the players care more about their own bruised egos than the pain of their supporters, despite the apologies offered.  I don't know, I may be seeing something that isn't there, but it all just seems a bit... hollow.

To quote our old foe, Steve0, it's a shame really. I used to have a lot of time and respect for that club, but I've seen them in a new light in recent times.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4746 on: May 9, 2019, 09:08:58 pm »
Sorry if this is old news, but I just read on the Echo site that as Barcelona reached the Quarter-Finals, it triggered a five million Euro bonus for Liverpool as part of the Coutinho deal ad-ons.  :)

Nice one Phil.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4747 on: May 9, 2019, 09:11:27 pm »
And the only reason it made up for it was because he played his arse off to get his move. Still feel we got ripped off in that deal and should have got way more than 75m but guess we countered that by getting 100+ for Coutinho. Doesnt look like we will see alot of those add-ons in that deal.

already seen a few of them. 4.5 mill for every 25 appearances up to a 100 (he's triggered 3 of them so far I think). 4.5 mill for qualifying for the CL.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4748 on: May 9, 2019, 09:11:27 pm »
Sorry if this is old news, but I just read on the Echo site that as Barcelona reached the Quarter-Finals, it triggered a five million Euro bonus for Liverpool as part of the Coutinho deal ad-ons.  :)

Nice one Phil.

Nice,I thought it was if they reached the final or maybe that was another trigger.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4749 on: May 9, 2019, 09:14:11 pm »
Nice,I thought it was if they reached the final or maybe that was another trigger.
I forgot to post the link to that story.  ::)

Here it is.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-deal-16251944

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4750 on: May 9, 2019, 09:15:32 pm »
He doesn't give a fuck about Barcelona either.

They got spoiled with the Guardiola days and having 4 world class players in their team of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi who won them countless trophies and they were unbeatable. They now have no big talents coming through la masia and Xavi, Iniesta are gone and Busquets and Messi are 31 & 32 this summer respectively and probably only have 2-3 more years at the top Level but even then I dont think they have that long.

There world is coming crashing down and I think they thought this was there best chance to reclaim a Trophy they won so many times in the past decade and they blew it in their minds.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4751 on: May 9, 2019, 09:29:04 pm »

There world is coming crashing down and I think they thought this was there best chance to reclaim a Trophy they won so many times in the past decade and they blew it in their minds.

I wish no ill will to their fans, but to the Barca team I will find it sweet if we get to #6 before they do.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4752 on: May 9, 2019, 10:56:40 pm »

Torres at least admitted he fucked up and at the time he had every right to want a move after Hodge Podge the owl fuck

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #4753 on: May 9, 2019, 11:12:16 pm »

;D

I don’t really understand what he is saying here.

Anyone?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4754 on: May 9, 2019, 11:21:51 pm »
I don’t really understand what he is saying here.

Anyone?

When Barca win it's because of Messi, when they lose it's everyone else's fault.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #4755 on: May 9, 2019, 11:51:59 pm »
he had that 20+ yarder in his locker that none of our current players really have

Have a feeling AOC will add this.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4756 on: May 9, 2019, 11:58:28 pm »
Has Countihio's form dropped off , in a similar way to Sanchez, or is it more a case of square peg round hole?
I don't feel strongly either way about him coming back, but as other posters have said, Barcelona overpaid, and I am sure we could find a player at least as good for our team for less money.
Difficult summer for the transfer team, gambling on how fit Ox and Keita are going to be.

I guess people can think whatever they want.  For me at least Coutinho didn't go from being amazing with us to completely shit at Barca. It more highlights how there is more to transfers than just a spreadsheet and numbers.  All facets of the player and how the team is going to use him need to be considered and this is why Coutinho isn't working out at Barca.

You can't play him in a forward 3 with Messi as he gets in Messi's way since they both like to cut into the middle and he's not better than Messi.  Suarez can't move so he's not going to pull out wide anymore, it just becomes really congested as we saw to our benefit.  It ends up where Alba had to play as a forward as the only real way to move the ball forward, think he received 10 progressive passes in the game at Anfield whereas nobody else received more than 1.

You could play him in a midfield 3 if he has other players to do the defensive work for him or you focus on playing on the transition to where he doesn't need to get back in a bank of 4-5 so to say.  With Busquets a guarenteed starter that was never going to happen so then you couldn't play him in a midfield 3.

The funny thing is that now with De Jong they should in theory be able to play Coutinho in midfield.  Especially if the new manager is able to also bench Busquets on top of that.  But it sounds like he's burned all his bridges now and has to go.

Hopefully he stays outside of England, with the right manager and system I think he could still be just as good as he was the last 12 months for us.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4757 on: May 10, 2019, 12:02:25 am »
Imagine if Edwards have inserted a sell-on clause

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4758 on: May 10, 2019, 12:03:39 am »
Imagine if Edwards have inserted a sell-on clause

And we bought him back
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan