Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1340395 times)

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: VAR! Huh! What is it good for? Bit shit innit?
« Reply #11080 on: March 3, 2021, 05:46:59 pm »
He can if he blows again which he did before the ball crossed the line. Play is stopped then and so technically the goal is not disallowed. It just never happened.

Has anyone actually released any footage that shows that the second whistle was definitely before the ball crossed the line?  I replayed it at the time when they had the side on angle and it seemed to me that the ball was actually just over the line when you heard the whistle, but that was just based on me using the pause button, so was assuming that VAR must have had access to different footage or special audio that showed it was definitely before the ball crossed the line.  No one at Sky or BT seemed to question it which surprised me.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11081 on: March 3, 2021, 05:51:27 pm »
He can if he blows again which he did before the ball crossed the line. Play is stopped then and so technically the goal is not disallowed. It just never happened.
Weird that there wasn't all this controversy when Dunk did the same against us.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11082 on: March 3, 2021, 06:06:21 pm »
Has anyone actually released any footage that shows that the second whistle was definitely before the ball crossed the line?  I replayed it at the time when they had the side on angle and it seemed to me that the ball was actually just over the line when you heard the whistle, but that was just based on me using the pause button, so was assuming that VAR must have had access to different footage or special audio that showed it was definitely before the ball crossed the line.  No one at Sky or BT seemed to question it which surprised me.

I have seen it on the BBC, he quite clearly blows the whistle for a second time before the ball crosses the line.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11083 on: March 3, 2021, 06:08:06 pm »
Weird that there wasn't all this controversy when Dunk did the same against us.

Because its not the same incident, our situation comes down to sportsmanship.  Its unsupporting to take that free kick early when the goal keeper has just come on.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11084 on: March 3, 2021, 06:31:37 pm »
I have seen it on the BBC, he quite clearly blows the whistle for a second time before the ball crosses the line.

Yep, I've watched it on You Tube slowed down to 0.25 and its about 4 ft before the line when he blows.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11085 on: March 3, 2021, 06:36:25 pm »
Yep, I've watched it on You Tube slowed down to 0.25 and its about 4 ft before the line when he blows.

Thanks, assumed that must have been the case but hadn't actually seen it anywhere.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11086 on: March 3, 2021, 06:46:02 pm »
I've read in a couple of posts (and that Dale Johnson fella says as well) that players can "ask" the ref to take a quick freekick, but I've not found anything in the rules that says that the ref has to restart the game or allow players to restart the game. The only thing in there is that: "If the referee wants the player(s) to wait for the whistle before restarting play (e.g. when ensuring that defending players are 9.15m (10 yd) from the ball at a free kick) the referee must clearly inform the attacking player(s) to wait for the whistle." Is that some PL-specific rule or recommendation?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2021, 06:48:23 pm by stoa »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11087 on: March 3, 2021, 07:01:53 pm »
Thanks, assumed that must have been the case but hadn't actually seen it anywhere.

Starts at 1:05

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GyEC_mA1NCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GyEC_mA1NCY</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11088 on: March 3, 2021, 09:40:16 pm »
https://spiritofshankly.com/fsa-discussion-with-pgmol/

So everythings fine but it will take 5 years to get it right.  :butt

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11089 on: March 3, 2021, 09:48:49 pm »

Well, it took 12 years for Golden Goal and 3 for Silver Goal, didn't it?...

I was a staunch VAR supporter EXCEPT for offsides, and that's where it found its most widespread application. Now I'm beginning to become more convinced that VAR will have the same fate as those brilliant FIFA/UEFA ideas above.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11090 on: March 3, 2021, 10:14:38 pm »
VAR fail in the Spanish Cup game

Barcelona vs Sevilla

Ball clearly hits Barca players hand in the box - in an unnatural position

Ref talks to VAR but doesn't look at the screen...

Sevilla pissed - Manager red card, players yellows, subs reds
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11091 on: March 3, 2021, 10:14:41 pm »

Basically said referees don’t need to talk about decisions because Dermot Gallagher is on Sky.

Just bats everything else aside on the premise that some people are happy. Like with their decisions, just hiding behind subjectivity.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11092 on: March 3, 2021, 10:18:32 pm »

What a load of horseshit (Riley, not SoS).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11093 on: March 3, 2021, 10:25:28 pm »
Basically said referees don’t need to talk about decisions because Dermot Gallagher is on Sky.

Just bats everything else aside on the premise that some people are happy. Like with their decisions, just hiding behind subjectivity.

Yep, stupid comment about Dermot Gallagher having a program on Sky so it's all ok.

I wonder who the 'many people they had spoken to' who were happy with ‘offside being offside’ even if by 1mm are? My guess is either themselves or worse, it's 'many people' in the same context as when Donald Trump uses it.

'A 1-pixel margin on the best available camera angles (for offsides) but these aren’t visible on a TV screen meaning thicker, less accurate lines are shown to the viewers is such nonsense as well. If you trust them them to be accurate (I don't), it's still crap because it still excludes the fans and if football excludes the fans, what's the point of it?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11094 on: March 4, 2021, 06:30:51 am »

But if you don't have sky and cannot view the programme from a former ref who has nothing to do with the current process.

Also do they just ask rival fans if they are happy with the decisions to get this everyones happy with it?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11095 on: March 4, 2021, 06:51:38 am »
VAR fail in the Spanish Cup game

Barcelona vs Sevilla

Ball clearly hits Barca players hand in the box - in an unnatural position

Ref talks to VAR but doesn't look at the screen...

Sevilla pissed - Manager red card, players yellows, subs reds

According to some on here that can only ever happen to us as part of conspiracy against us winning the league again.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11096 on: March 4, 2021, 07:05:46 am »
According to some on here that can only ever happen to us as part of conspiracy against us winning the league again.
I doubt that a single person has ever said what you have just claimed, and that's despite acknowledging that there's truckloads of shite spoken here...but not that.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11097 on: March 4, 2021, 11:25:07 am »
Those stats stink to high heaven though. I’m not saying there’s a conspiracy, just something very wrong where one team gets the worst outcomes despite being one of the better teams.

The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #11098 on: March 4, 2021, 11:44:43 am »
Those stats stink to high heaven though. I’m not saying there’s a conspiracy, just something very wrong where one team gets the worst outcomes despite being one of the better teams.

Yeah, it would be intertesting if the likes of Paul Tomkins picked it up or someone with a bigger media presence
Believer

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11099 on: March 4, 2021, 08:41:53 pm »
for once
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11100 on: March 4, 2021, 08:44:37 pm »
for once

You don't really want them to be chalked off but we've had loads of similar goals taken off us.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11101 on: March 4, 2021, 08:46:29 pm »
Important to be consistent and point out that VAR is still bullshit even when it goes our way.

No way that was offside.

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #11102 on: March 4, 2021, 08:49:05 pm »
Ridiculous decision. These millimeter decisions from some random point on the arm are shite. Glad it went our way, for once. But I’d be furious if that happened to us.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11103 on: March 4, 2021, 08:51:06 pm »
As the edge of the sleeve is considered a playable part, so must be the edge of the fart. You can't score with either, but hey-ho. Ridiculous application of VAR, but at least it's not 100% against us anymore.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11104 on: March 4, 2021, 09:10:40 pm »
Important to be consistent and point out that VAR is still bullshit even when it goes our way.

No way that was offside.

Exactly, absolutely ludicrous decision.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11105 on: March 4, 2021, 09:22:43 pm »
Wait, what’s the handball rule now?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11106 on: March 4, 2021, 09:22:55 pm »
So a hand by your shoulder is now considered a natural position?

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #11107 on: March 4, 2021, 09:24:21 pm »
Wait, what’s the handball rule now?

I’m not sure anyone knows anymore. Before xmas, that’s a penalty.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11108 on: March 4, 2021, 09:28:37 pm »
I’m not sure anyone knows anymore. Before xmas, that’s a penalty.
2 weeks ago at Southampton it was.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11109 on: March 4, 2021, 09:29:24 pm »
Just the two penalties we should have had today yet all people are going to remember is the Chelsea goal being disallowed for a tight offside

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11110 on: March 4, 2021, 09:43:21 pm »
Just the two penalties we should have had today yet all people are going to remember is the Chelsea goal being disallowed for a tight offside
it's not a penalty according to Carragher. He just ran into the back of him.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11111 on: March 4, 2021, 09:55:00 pm »
it's not a penalty according to Carragher. He just ran into the back of him.
The irony.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11112 on: March 4, 2021, 10:28:09 pm »
I don't really know what the handball rule is anymore but a few people saying it's changed. Wild that a change can lead to someone being offside because of the position of their hand but when it hits a defender with his arm up it's not a penalty
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11113 on: March 4, 2021, 10:29:05 pm »
Can we have a look at when Kovacic belted the ball into Mane's head after the referee had blown up and fuck all was done about it?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #11114 on: March 4, 2021, 10:36:17 pm »
Can we have a look at when Kovacic belted the ball into Mane's head after the referee had blown up and fuck all was done about it?

We have not had one player protected all year - it is so blatant.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #11115 on: March 4, 2021, 10:43:48 pm »
The handball decision was even more laughable if you consider what Fulham's goal was disallowed for earlier tonight.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #11116 on: March 5, 2021, 07:43:10 am »
I don't really know what the handball rule is anymore but a few people saying it's changed. Wild that a change can lead to someone being offside because of the position of their hand but when it hits a defender with his arm up it's not a penalty
How can they ever consider changing rules midway through seasons?  It has to be a LEVEL and STABLE playing field from a rules and refereeing perspective for the whole season.  But they just do what they like, when they like.  It's insane.  It really is.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11117 on: March 5, 2021, 09:49:58 am »
Pre VAR I would think that the defender could feel hard done by. Post VAR I still think that but by the rules, as I knew them, it is a penalty 1000%. I think it is possibly the worst non penalty for us this season

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11118 on: March 5, 2021, 09:52:54 am »
Can you run at a player with your arms out wide now then? As long as you are close when it hits your hand then it shouldn't be given right?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #11119 on: March 5, 2021, 09:59:12 am »
Kante has his hands up in a position like he's being held up at gunpoint and he interferes with play by stopping a cross yet they deem that as not an offence, I just don't get it.

Incidents like that are why the conspiracy theories about biased judgement surface. I suppose on that note their goal is disallowed for the finest of margins so we weren't stitched up there but overall it was a shitshow.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.