Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760993 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #8280 on: August 31, 2019, 10:00:36 pm »
I haven't said a word YET..
It’s not the Hendo thread though, but I suspect you’ve been struggling for something in that space for a while now 😉
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8281 on: August 31, 2019, 10:05:22 pm »
What a side.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8282 on: August 31, 2019, 10:06:10 pm »
He was right to be annoyed. But he's been guilty of it in the past. Both Salah and Mane can be greedy sometimes. Some will tell you that's why they score a lot. I'd say they'd both score even more if they weren't as greedy.

I'm sure it's got to point where Klopp needs to have a little word with both. And I'm sure he has.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #8283 on: August 31, 2019, 10:12:23 pm »
Here we are with problems at the top of the league.

More money points more problems.

Such a comfortable game against a team that thrives in making these sorts of games uncomfortable.
We've certainly matured as a team and are playing with the swagger and confidence of a team that expects to lift trophies come trophy lifting time. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8284 on: August 31, 2019, 10:19:56 pm »
What a side.

Absolute quality. When we are so good the only negative people have to throw around is that one of our players shows emotion then you know you're dong alright.
After we went 2-0 up it was so comfortable to watch. Great seeing our lads do to Burnley what they pride themselves on, winning the physical battles.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8285 on: August 31, 2019, 10:22:04 pm »
At least he passed it to Keita instead of shooting himself on that one, presumably to try give his mate his first Liverpool goal. Mo didn’t pick out either, especially Firmino when he had 0 chance of scoring after cutting back onto his right.

I'm sure things have been sorted in the dressing room, these days we're lucky to be having comfortable games against Burnley and then feel comfortable about how things like these will be handled, we have the best man in charge.

But on the specific point of passing to the other, it is only getting overblown because now both are in the race for Golden Boot. Nobody criticized Salah for being like this in his first season though because of his extraordinary goal return, and people forget that Salah has more assists than Mane. I know Mane does unselfish work with all his defensive contribution and carrying the ball from deep, but he has also been guilty of blazing shots over in the past when simple squaring of the ball would've been certain goals. It was a bit of an overreaction from him today and I hope he realizes that. 

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8286 on: August 31, 2019, 10:27:06 pm »
Not arsed about his reaction. He's not a robot.

If anything, reactions like that will stop Salah doing similar in the future, which can only be of a benefit to us. I can't remember to many instances of Mane being greedy after the Everton game spoken about above.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8287 on: August 31, 2019, 10:29:31 pm »
I really don't care about who was first not to pass to whom, in which season.

All I know is that Salah should have made obvious passes to Mane and Firmino today. He didn't.

This kind of decision-making is not acceptable. Not at this level. I don't care what the result is. Or how many Twitter followers Salah has. He is paid to play for the team. Not himself. This is not men's singles tennis.

Mane and Klopp went berserk with Salah. That much was obvious to everyone. But it would have been better if Mane had saved it for the dressing room.

Klopp (and Hendo) need to sort this sh%t out. Behind the scenes.

Not acceptable? Having a bit of a laugh with an inside joke there maybe? What are you going to do, sack Salah? Players make wrong decisions in every game. That's how chances are created and conceded, goals are scored and conceded.

Klopp went berserk with Salah? I'd like to know what you're on now. Anything strong?

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8288 on: August 31, 2019, 10:32:16 pm »
Can understand why he was so mad but, you know, get over it. Whinging about not getting a pass is schoolyard stuff, his emotions just got the better of him. Let the coach address that if it needs addressing. Salah is greedy as he's a striker, Mane's reaction is not just because he was in a better position but because he's greedy too. They all want goals, Mane this year I think wants to be our top scorer. Long may that continue as it will take him up one more level.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8289 on: August 31, 2019, 10:32:45 pm »
What a side.
Absolutely. We are frighteningly good. Shame this non story is making the headlines.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8290 on: August 31, 2019, 10:34:20 pm »
If Salah thinks he can score, he'll shoot. But ultimately he needs to make correct decisions. If Messi slips past a couple of players and scores, nobody thinks "he should've passed". But Messi is just as likely to pass if he thinks that is the better call. Salah just needs to learn when to make the call to go for it and when to make the call to pass.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8291 on: August 31, 2019, 10:36:34 pm »
Not arsed about his reaction. He's not a robot.

If anything, reactions like that will stop Salah doing similar in the future, which can only be of a benefit to us. I can't remember to many instances of Mane being greedy after the Everton game spoken about above.

The thing is, it's okay with being greedy until one or the other takes it as more than an on field decision.

I can vaguely remember a period, not just one Everton game, but a whole set of games when people were thinking that Mane was not passing to Salah (last season or the season before somewhere) and a two to three games where he blazed chances over the top or to the sides.

He is not a robot, agreed, but in the crucial Napoli game where Salah scored and Alisson made the final save which took us to the knock-outs, someone (I think it was Salah) squared it to Mane for a tap-in/sitter and he blazed it over, I didn't see anyone having a hissy fit even though it put us at risk in a must win game where the goalkeeper had to make a blinder in the last minute for us to even get through and eventually win our first trophy under Klopp.

As long as players know they all miss chances and miss passes, everything is fine. We were 3-0 at Burnley anyway.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8292 on: August 31, 2019, 10:42:19 pm »
I remember two of our layers having a fight in the pitch...

That was a problem... this isn’t
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #8293 on: August 31, 2019, 10:46:54 pm »
Shit happens..remember game against Everton the one with the Lovren non penalty which ended 1-1, we actually lost 2 points that day bcoz Mane did the same thing

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8294 on: August 31, 2019, 10:47:07 pm »
What we saw today, probably happens more than we realise, today we just got to see it on camera. I expect these things get sorted out behind closed doors most of the time, and they just get on with it.
I wouldn't worry too much, as we have the best manager in the world for handling such things. Plus I do think they have a good relationship off the pitch, and probably get along quite well.

Bobby's reaction in the tunnel was funny, but it was quite telling too. He's obviously seen this before and knows it'll all be sound once Sadio cools down.
The media will be doing their best to make a big deal out of it, but best to just ignore it and let Klopp and the lads get on with their business.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8295 on: August 31, 2019, 10:50:00 pm »
If you're not picking out a player in a position where he has a very high probability of scoring and taking on a low probability shot yourself, then you are costing your team the probability of scoring and therefore making the probability of a win lower. Whether it's Mane, Salah, whoever. Where the margins between us and City are so slim, we just can't afford errors like that. Errors through honest mistakes or bad luck are one thing. Errors from ego are another.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #8296 on: August 31, 2019, 10:54:22 pm »
It will be fine. Pretty sure Klopp will remove all golfing equipments around.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8297 on: August 31, 2019, 10:55:05 pm »
If you're not picking out a player in a position where he has a very high probability of scoring and taking on a low probability shot yourself, then you are costing your team the probability of scoring and therefore making the probability of a win lower. Whether it's Mane, Salah, whoever. Where the margins between us and City are so slim, we just can't afford errors like that. Errors through honest mistakes or bad luck are one thing. Errors from ego are another.
Yep you’re right. It’s cost us today

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8298 on: August 31, 2019, 10:55:12 pm »
Was he not shouting at our conditioning guru Andreas Kornmayer? Maybe he was just pissed that he was subbed and Kornmayer advises the management team which players could do with being saved in games that are won using stats.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8299 on: August 31, 2019, 11:00:47 pm »
I miss the Suarez-Sturridge arguments. I loved those and maybe we will see the rebirth of that on field aggro.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8300 on: August 31, 2019, 11:04:50 pm »
Sell them both.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8301 on: August 31, 2019, 11:05:50 pm »
I miss the Suarez-Sturridge arguments. I loved those and maybe we will see the rebirth of that on field aggro.

Much prefer the Bellamy vs. Riise
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8302 on: August 31, 2019, 11:06:57 pm »
Yep you’re right. It’s cost us today

I mean, when you're failing at the first mention of probability it's unlikely to be worth trying to explain his further.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8303 on: August 31, 2019, 11:12:58 pm »
I mean, when you're failing at the first mention of probability it's unlikely to be worth trying to explain his further.
You seem determined to make a mountain out of a molehill. We’re top of the league just enjoy it instead of trying to find fault. It’s really not an issue now any more so than it’s been in the last few years. The only thing that’s changed is we’ve seen a reaction from Sadio which has probably happened before but behind the scenes.

When they start costing us points then you’ll have a point.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8304 on: August 31, 2019, 11:21:35 pm »
We shouldn't make the adjustment after it costs us a point. Just make it now, so it never costs us a point. I hope it's drilled into all players that it's unacceptable.

If you look at it in xG terms then both incidents summed probably cost us over a goal. I don't know if that's a mountain in this one game, but it's not a molehill. Like I said, the margins are tight. These thing DO matter*.

*Y'know, in the context of this being a silly game of football and that.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8305 on: August 31, 2019, 11:23:58 pm »

When they start costing us points then you’ll have a point.

Bollocks.

Prevention is better than cure
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8306 on: August 31, 2019, 11:27:25 pm »
Bollocks.

Prevention is better than cure

Let's employ machines rather than footballers then. You can't take the emotion out of the players they're human, mistakes will be made regardless. These forwards are competitive animals so things like this will always happen from time to time. But why this has to dominate over the actual game is something I will never understand.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8307 on: August 31, 2019, 11:32:41 pm »
We shouldn't make the adjustment after it costs us a point. Just make it now, so it never costs us a point. I hope it's drilled into all players that it's unacceptable.

If you look at it in xG terms then both incidents summed probably cost us over a goal. I don't know if that's a mountain in this one game, but it's not a molehill. Like I said, the margins are tight. These thing DO matter*.

What’s unacceptable ? What on earth are you talking about?
Taking the wrong decision with the ball is now unacceptable???
And this will be determined and enforced how?

This has to be the worst, most overblown, miscast discussion ever on RAWK

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #8308 on: August 31, 2019, 11:37:03 pm »

Haha that reply is overblown if anything

Whoever you’re quoting clearly means anyone trying to get themself a goal instead of playing in someone who’s basically going to score

Mané, salah, Firmino whoever. It IS unacceptable to chose yourself over the team

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8309 on: August 31, 2019, 11:37:36 pm »

Do you really think these things aren’t spoken about? Doesn’t mean that during the game either of them will make the right choice every time. Most of time it won’t cost us, occasionally it might. Today it didn’t, not even close. We’re top of the league we’ve won every game fairly easily so far, so there isn’t much to find fault with.

They are forwards they both love scoring goals, show me a forward who isn’t selfish at times when they shouldn’t be. All the best ones are, it’s why they’re the best, doesn’t mean they get it right every time.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8310 on: August 31, 2019, 11:39:32 pm »
Let's employ machines rather than footballers then. You can't take the emotion out of the players they're human, mistakes will be made regardless. These forwards are competitive animals so things like this will always happen from time to time. But why this has to dominate over the actual game is something I will never understand.

Im fine with players making honest mistakes.  A world class footballer not choosing not to pass to players in a better position is completely different.

Anyway the point is that I disagree with Duvva thats its not an issue until it costs us points.  Thats just burying your head in the sand
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #8311 on: August 31, 2019, 11:40:58 pm »
They both know that one of them will have to make way for Mbappe next season so they're subconsciously making up this fight this season.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8312 on: August 31, 2019, 11:42:37 pm »

Whoever you’re quoting clearly means anyone trying to get themself a goal instead of playing in someone who’s basically going to score

Mané, salah, Firmino whoever. It IS unacceptable to chose yourself over the team

They’re not choosing them self over the team. They’re backing themselves to score and most of the time they’re right to because they score a lot and one of the reasons they score a lot is because they back themselves.

They will get it wrong from time to time but is it really worth worrying about when we’re winning matches easily and one of the reasons we are is we have 3 forwards banging in goals.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #8313 on: August 31, 2019, 11:42:40 pm »
Much prefer the Bellamy vs. Riise
I preferred Carra v. Arbeloa

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8314 on: August 31, 2019, 11:43:58 pm »

Haha this is genuinely hilarious
So how will our coaching staff determine if this has happened, if a player has made an “unacceptably” selfish decision with the ball - walk me through it..

We’ve scored countless goals where the player who shot had a team mate he could pass to ... is it unacceptable or acceptable that he chose to shoot if it goes in?

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8315 on: August 31, 2019, 11:44:06 pm »
Update:

Sadio Mane is right here. He is okay. He is sleeping now. Angel. Bless him. He had a rough day. Even though he scored. He really enjoyed that. He is such a good boy.

Mohamed is in his room. He was a naughty boy today but we all know he is not that. It was so funny how he didn't pass. Did you see that look on his face when Sadio walked passed him? Look at him now. They are always so good when they are sleeping.

So many times they didn't pass to each other last season, but you would never remember that. They grow so fast.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8316 on: August 31, 2019, 11:45:45 pm »
Some of you have never played football , or new to the game entirely. There is no other explanation for some of these baffling comments.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8317 on: August 31, 2019, 11:45:52 pm »

Making wrong decisions as an honest mistakes we can talk about but making the wrong decision in a costly act of selfishness is unacceptable, yes. I mean we're getting down the the whole concept of team sports here and the goals of the team outweighing the individual's.

I'm not sure what is difficult for you here. You either seem to think that Salah's non-pass was just an honest lack of judgement or that Salah should be entitled to do whatever he wants if it benefits him over Liverpool?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8318 on: August 31, 2019, 11:46:07 pm »
Im fine with players making honest mistakes.  A world class footballer not choosing not to pass to players in a better position is completely different.

Anyway the point is that I disagree with Duvva thats its not an issue until it costs us points.  Thats just burying your head in the sand
Ok I got that wrong. It’s not an issue full stop. It’s just forwards being forwards. Scoring lots of goals and occasionally making the wrong choice because they’re human and most of the time the decisions they take work out.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8319 on: August 31, 2019, 11:46:42 pm »
Exhibit A ^