Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 12:36:12 am »
Just checked this out of interest.

Feyenoord average 62% possession and complete 85% of their passes.

Liverpool average 62% possession and complete 86% of their passes.

So about the same as Benfica when Nunez was ripping up the League.
General Football and Sport / Re: The NHL Thread
« Last post by TipTopKop on Today at 12:35:23 am »
My goodness how good is Stamkos?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 12:34:52 am »
You're in for a surprise because the only similarity is a close enough formation and heavy pressing without the ball. On the ball, unless won high up the pitch which they're good at, it's actually not get the ball 'forward and fast'. There is a an obsession with control and a methodical approach to opening up the space that the wingers at the top of the pitch can exploit. It's not quite City level but it certainly differs from how we play now.

How about the times they do win the ball high up the pitch?

As for City is that the team who play with Haaland as a out and out 9 who rarely gets involved in the build up.?
If you want ambitious players who are going to take you to the next level then you need to sell the project. You need a manager who can convince the player of two things the project and that the manager will improve the player. That is why we were able to sign Van Dijk and also why we have been able to keep hold of our best players.

We have also been able to recruit outstanding young players because they know they will get a chance under Klopp.

If you look back to how we became a big club then it was the ability of Shanks to sell the club to the likes of St John when we were a second division club. That is a manager telling a player the club is going places and that he will make them a better player. How does that work when you have a Sporting Director in charge of transfers?

But that’s what’s been the case here anyway? And nothing changes regards a player being able to speak with the coach, that still happens in all the leagues around Europe when this is the usual way of working.
The club fucked up here playing it down. Should’ve called blue murder and demanded all at PMGOL step down.

Imagine if it had happened to a United player under Ferguson?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by slaphead on Today at 12:25:22 am »
There's frustration everywhere isn't there. Everyone's a bit sickened from the fans to the players to the management team. Salah is getting a touch because he's as far away as my first shite from where we need him to be and are used to him being.
I don't get this the attack is better than the defense or vice versa argument anyway. The defending side of our game is the whole team, from the forwards. If we're leaking goals it's on everyone. It causes countless arguments in dressing rooms and all. The amount of times there's an argument at half time or full time about where the problem came from is nuts, everyone blaming everyone.  If we're not scoring goals it tends to be the strikers misfiring so it's highlighted more and easier to pin on 1 player and call them a useless bastard.
Just get the season over now, I think we all need a break. Salah has been exemplary for us. He can be forgiven a little tantrum
This summed it up for me.

We allowed an employee to be assaulted by an official.

The club fucked up here playing it down. Should’ve called blue murder and demanded all at PMGOL step down.
So whats your point here?
I said the Club should be the attraction, you seem endorse an individual should (not could) be an attraction but the example you gave failed.
fml, I know how Yorky feels now.

If you want ambitious players who are going to take you to the next level then you need to sell the project. You need a manager who can convince the player of two things the project and that the manager will improve the player. That is why we were able to sign Van Dijk and also why we have been able to keep hold of our best players.

We have also been able to recruit outstanding young players because they know they will get a chance under Klopp.

If you look back to how we became a big club then it was the ability of Shanks to sell the club to the likes of St John when we were a second division club. That is a manager telling a player the club is going places and that he will make them a better player. How does that work when you have a Sporting Director in charge of transfers?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 12:19:19 am »
I have the utmost disdain for opinions like this who minimise or dilute the enigmatic pulling power of Liverpool Football Club.

No question. It isnt hyperbole to state this is an iconic football club, one ot two in England (sorry Arsenal).

Probably the most iconic club ground in the country, certainly the most famous stand, likewise most famous anthem (on the planet).

When the opposition fans come to Anfield they have the cameras out, they know it's special. Foreign newspapers, same adulation about the place

When Jurgen heard of our interest, he asked his family, "how does Liverpool FC sound"?.

Look at Barcelona, a financial basket case (plus I've no idea who their manager is now), they can still draw Lewandowski.

Shall we buy Bowen?

He’ll be 28 in December.

I don’t think we’re spending the kind of money West Ham would want on a 27yr old. If they got £100m for Rice, they’d want £75m+ for Bowen I’d think. Paqueta probably goes for £50m+ too, so they wouldn’t be under any pressure to sell Bowen either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10