Author Topic: Pre Match Preview - THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS THE RENT DODGERS - 4/12 - KO 2015  (Read 29292 times)

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Lesson surely learned in the last year or two, no matter how shite these lot look it's a different story come derby day.

Yesterday showed us what to expect, 5 at the back, low block and try and counter. Hopefully Keita and/or Ox start in midfield, or even drop Bobby back and play Big Div through the middle - we know they shit themselves at the sight of the big man. 

I hate it when I see any win will do but this time it really would. Used to love derby day, some of the games at Goodison in particular were brilliant, and the spankings we gave them at Anfield. Now it's just a slug fest against a team with zero ambition.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
This is a big game on paper for us, albeit against wank opposition. Which is why I think we'll play much better than we've been doing as of late and beat them by a couple. Look at the other 'big' games at Anfield this season. Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, City. We outplayed each and every one of them and should have beaten both Spurs and Leicester by more than just 2-1. Whilst Everton may be an inferior opponent to each of those sides, the magnitude of this fixture tells me that Klopp will go all out in this and restore some of that press and absolute chaos we cause teams in the opening half hour or so and there will be no complacency at all while chances will come our way very often.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Total madness.  You are saying you would rather take 6/6 from Everton but lose both games to City?

Where did I say that?

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I'm expecting a tight game, while they aren't too good they will give everything in this game. We need to be more ruthless with our chances as well. An early goal would be good, otherwise it will be torture. Love to see Big Div get another goal against them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Where did I say that?

Let's not play politics during the election season. If you are saying that Everton is your most important fixture then that implies that given a choice you would prefer to beat Everton than City.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Let's batter the fuckers...PLEASE.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Luckily i have a ticket for this so let's twat these twats - don't want a 2 hour drive back to the Fax in a mood!

Offline Bill Shepherd

• Main Stander
  • Works well under constant supervision.
Top vs bottom APLT clash, this...
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere. On the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watched them yesterday they aren't very good, we have had the extra days rest , get into them early take our chances game over the longer it stays 0-0 that will give them hope , trust them to be the same opposition that ended our 31 game unbeaten run last time, but this current Everton side are a shadow of the side back in the day
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I find that the worse Everton are, the harder they are to play against. Like for us, this is a must-not-lose game.

They will run harder, tackle harder and fight for the whole game to stifle us and try and catch us on the counter.

It's going to be a brusing encounter and one you have to fear because the three officials in charge are the three that try and stuff us every game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Watched them yesterday they aren't very good, we have had the extra days rest , get into them early take our chances game over the longer it stays 0-0 that will give them hope , trust them to be the same opposition that ended our 31 game unbeaten run last time, but this current Everton side are a shadow of the side back in the day

Was at the QPR away game just prior to the Everton one.. I thought we would go the whole season unbeaten...
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I find that the worse Everton are, the harder they are to play against. Like for us, this is a must-not-lose game.

They will run harder, tackle harder and fight for the whole game to stifle us and try and catch us on the counter.

It's going to be a brusing encounter and one you have to fear because the three officials in charge are the three that try and stuff us every game.

Just like last year then

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
We haven't comfortably beat them since 2017 so it would be nice to do so midweek. Silva is properly fighting for his job and this is their cup final though. Added to the fact we haven't been killing games off recently means this will probably be a tough one for us.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
Silva in charge for this one hope we hammer them and he gets the bullet after it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Its going to be a tight game, we all know it. Would like to see us show them zero respect and pick an extra attacker or two. Maybe give Shaqiri a start.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Its going to be a tight game, we all know it. Would like to see us show them zero respect and pick an extra attacker or two. Maybe give Shaqiri a start.

He hasn't played football in months, and given the intensity that's required, this won't be the first game we are throwing him back into.

It would be good to play the same midfield again, particularly Ox for this type of match.  He played 70 minutes so a chance for him to get another 60 at least, with Keita or Lallana/Keita coming on later.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
He hasn't played football in months, and given the intensity that's required, this won't be the first game we are throwing him back into.

It would be good to play the same midfield again, particularly Ox for this type of match.  He played 70 minutes so a chance for him to get another 60 at least, with Keita or Lallana/Keita coming on later.

We could get away with Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain against them. Wijnaldum in the deeper role and rest Henderson.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
We could get away with Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain against them. Wijnaldum in the deeper role and rest Henderson.

Can't see him dropping Henderson for the Derby. Think he'll get his rest away at Bournemouth.

Only thing is where Gini gets his rest. We want him playing at Salzburg and I can't see him resting both him and Hendo at Bournemouth. Maybe we see him miss out vs Everton and have a Hendo/Keita + 1 midfield. Not sure, but rotation is surely going to increase from this point onwards.

EDIT

Actually, yeah, I'm sold on the Hendo/Keita "2". Means we can go 4-2-3-1 with Mo/Sadio wide, Bobby in the 10 and Big Divvy through the middle giving Pickford nightmares.

« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 02:14:45 pm by wige »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

If anyone comes in in midfield it'll be Milner, won't it? Everyone will cry about creativity in advance but Klopp will want people not afraid of a scrap first and foremost imo.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Midfield and front 3 cannot play 3 matches in 7 days so we will have to rotate slightly Wednesday

Would bring Milner and possibly Keita in on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 02:27:34 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Feels like Silva has been walked up into an enormous wicker man to me.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
This will be as tough as ever regardless of current form or differing strengths of the two teams.

I thought they played ok against Leicester and will probably look to set up the same way and be difficult to break down. Will mean we have to be clinical in front of goal with the chances we get.

Losing Alisson is a blow but we’ll still have the best goalie on the pitch and I’m sure he’ll be fine when called upon.

Other than that I expect the same back 4 and front 3 as against Brighton, obviously there’s a range of options in the middle and given the number of games we could rotate. Wouldn’t surprise me to see everyone’s fav 3 of Gini, Henderson and Milner though. Personally wouldn’t mind Ox keeping his place to build up some rhythm, plus he brings that extra goal threat with shots from the edge of the box which might be needed if they are tough to break down
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 02:59:45 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite

I think Ox will start possibly with Gini and Milly / Keita resting Hendo

I think if we went with Ox it will give us more of a higher tempo and more attacking options coming from midfield playing Hendo and Milner v Napoli did not give us this I feel having them both playing we are to defensive and lacks balls into the front 3. Would really like us press from the start and go for it try get a couple early goals.

A lot of folk on here been moaning about the atmosphere in anfield this season I really hope we are up for this.

3.0 reds Mane double and a Ox strike outside the box.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

I think if we went with Ox it will give us more of a higher tempo and more attacking options coming from midfield playing Hendo and Milner v Napoli did not give us this I feel having them both playing we are to defensive and lacks balls into the front 3. Would really like us press from the start and go for it try get a couple early goals.

A lot of folk on here been moaning about the atmosphere in anfield this season I really hope we are up for this.

I cannot see there being any chance that our captain does not start the derby.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Is Ox ready to start to games on the bounce, do you think?  Chances are he would have finished the Brighton game if Alisson hadn't gone off.

Going off the Leicester game I'd rather stay compact and let them wear themselves out, then run at them mid second off as they tire.  Not sure we gain much from having a higher tempo right off the bat. 

Think Klopp will go conservative for the start of this game, especially given the very obvious turmoil going on with our Blue Brethren.  I don't think any of us rightly know what kind of team might turn up, but knowing our luck it will be the second coming of Napoli ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
If anyone comes in in midfield it'll be Milner, won't it? Everyone will cry about creativity in advance but Klopp will want people not afraid of a scrap first and foremost imo.

Its never a scrap. They sit back and give up the midfield. Same as against Man Utd.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
So onto the latest instalment of 'ruining Christmas for the bitters'. Everton once had the holy trinity playing for them in midfield, and in order to celebrate this the Premier League have decided to supply their own version; Mike Dean as ref, Anthony Taylor as 4th official and Martin 'fuck me I'm really shit at this VAR/reffing malarkey aren't I' Atkinson. I shudder to think what these three wanking wombats are going to conjure up, so let's hope our lads just score three or four worldies that can't be disputed.

Let the fun commence.

Top, Top, Top OP. This paragraph sums up all my fears and sincerest hopes for this match. It can't be right that we get Atkinson twice in the same week. It is no secret that this motherf***** takes every opportunity to screw us over.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its never a scrap. They sit back and give up the midfield. Same as against Man Utd.

There are more red cards in this fixture than any other in the premier league. One of theirs broke the ankle of our striker a couple of years back. I've no idea how Barkley avoided a red for a similar challenge on Henderson a year or so later. They did their absolute best to make the atmosphere feral at Goodison last time out. The tactics change, but the intensity of the derby alone makes this a game you've always got to be ready for a scrap in regardless. 
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
I know wont happen.
But would love it if we unleash the Cube on them!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is Ox ready to start to games on the bounce, do you think?  Chances are he would have finished the Brighton game if Alisson hadn't gone off.

Going off the Leicester game I'd rather stay compact and let them wear themselves out, then run at them mid second off as they tire.  Not sure we gain much from having a higher tempo right off the bat. 

Think Klopp will go conservative for the start of this game, especially given the very obvious turmoil going on with our Blue Brethren.  I don't think any of us rightly know what kind of team might turn up, but knowing our luck it will be the second coming of Napoli ;D

For me I would rather us go at them with pace. They struggled badly yesterday when attacked at pace.

Hopefully, we can put this game to bed early but they will fight for everything.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
I think Henderson and Milner will -and should- play. The third member I would ordinarily say Wijnaldum but based on the first two I think there's a chance it's AOC or Keita. Although I still have no idea if Keita is available.

Every other position picks itself.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
I hope one of Keita/Oxlade-Chamberlain start, but I think it's more likely we will see Milner, Henderson, and Gini. Keita is still coming back from his injury and Oxlade-Chamberlain played 75 minutes at the weekend, so I don't think he will start again.

I hope we come out with the same intensity we have in our other big games so far this season. If we do, we will blow them away. Salah's injury is worrying, but hopefully we have more of an effect on this game than he did at the weekend.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
I've got a feeling the Ox will be important for us here and as usual, we'll win 2-1.
FAME makes a man take things over

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Let's not play politics during the election season. If you are saying that Everton is your most important fixture then that implies that given a choice you would prefer to beat Everton than City.

Put it this way when the fixtures come out I’ve had 30 odd years of looking for when we play Everton and United 1st and foremost.

I’ve had 1 season out of 30 odd (this season) when the City fixture has crossed my mind in June.

Does that make the Everton game more important in the context of a season? Probably not but at the start of a season it’s always been the game I’ve wanted to win above any other
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hope one of Keita/Oxlade-Chamberlain start, but I think it's more likely we will see Milner, Henderson, and Gini. Keita is still coming back from his injury and Oxlade-Chamberlain played 75 minutes at the weekend, so I don't think he will start again.

I hope we come out with the same intensity we have in our other big games so far this season. If we do, we will blow them away. Salah's injury is worrying, but hopefully we have more of an effect on this game than he did at the weekend.

yeah I can't see Ox starting again.

Plus milner didn't play at all on Saturday - so he's starting.

It's a question of who of Henderson and Gini doesn't start.....or do they both start again.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Feels like Silva has been walked up into an enormous wicker man to me.

Sacking Silva won't bring back their apples.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
We have plenty of options to rotate. I'm not sure the other lot have that luxury. They'll be frothing at the mouth though, that's guaranteed.

I think we're all looking forward to the Dean/Atkinson combo in a Merseyside Derby. What hilarious japes can they get up to this time.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Ok. So we have to make Everton and the morons reffing the game completely irrelevant by smashing the fucking shit out of them!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Heard on TAW that Klopp has never started our normal front 3 against Ev. Hope this is the time he does. If so, I reckon Milner for Gini May be only change. Clean sheet and three or four I reckon.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!