Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 884595 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #13080 on: September 26, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »
Would be careful with praise from Klein, I'm old enough to remember her being noisy about how Hugo Chavez was a great change for Venezuela. She has many qualities but perspicacity isn't one of them.

She said on Radio 4 this morning that Venezuela had been driven to dictatorship through its dependence on fossil fuels. No mention of Chavez's own propensity for populism and power grabs.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13081 on: September 26, 2017, 04:11:25 pm »
She said on Radio 4 this morning that Venezuela had been driven to dictatorship through its dependence on fossil fuels. No mention of Chavez's own propensity for populism and power grabs.
anyone who praised chavez’s work when he was alive should be treated with a huge amount of scepticism for their current and future work, those that continue to defend it/make pathetic excuses to defend it should be ridiculed and ignored

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13082 on: September 26, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
Ken Loach was on Daily Politics and produced another ridiculous interview.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13083 on: September 26, 2017, 04:14:23 pm »
Ah yes ken, lectures Radiohead for playing in Israel but happily distributes his films there, not to mention his anti capitalism stances whilst taking money from McDonald’s to do tv ads for them

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13084 on: September 26, 2017, 04:20:12 pm »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #13085 on: September 26, 2017, 04:28:17 pm »

She still banging that drum? Oh dear. I delved into her a little a long time ago. The Argentinians invaded the Falkland Islands in order for Thatcher to push through her neoliberal vision of Britain, that phase of her writing. Found her pleasant enough to read so long as one remembered that she was ignoring far more evidence than she constructed from tenuous causality. And the latter was pretty much the entire framework for her adventures in historyland. I suppose she is close to Jeremy from their campaigning over the years, so she'll sell a few more books to the newly converted if she keeps popping up around Momentum and student unions throughout the country.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13086 on: September 26, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »
Ah yes ken, lectures Radiohead for playing in Israel but happily distributes his films there, not to mention his anti capitalism stances whilst taking money from McDonald’s to do tv ads for them

This came up before - I'm pretty sure Ken Loach won't have control over which countries his films are distributed in.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13087 on: September 26, 2017, 04:58:37 pm »
Ken Loach was on Daily Politics and produced another ridiculous interview.

I thought it was a great interview.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13088 on: September 26, 2017, 05:12:22 pm »
This came up before - I'm pretty sure Ken Loach won't have control over which countries his films are distributed in.

He will do, unless he's a bigger fool than I thought.

I imagine his office has been fairly lax about the Israel thing because his films are very popular there and a good source of revenue. I very much doubt he gets any money from other countries in the Middle East!

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13089 on: September 26, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »
pretty sure he can and has stated so in the past

Of course if he did he’d deny totally innocent people access to his work, but hey

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13090 on: September 26, 2017, 05:29:28 pm »
pretty sure he can and has stated so in the past

Of course if he did he’d deny totally innocent people access to his work, but hey

You're probably right, not an expert on the matter.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13091 on: September 26, 2017, 05:32:12 pm »

It was fine until anti semitism reared its ugly head again.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13092 on: September 26, 2017, 05:32:55 pm »

In what way?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13093 on: September 26, 2017, 05:34:13 pm »
He will do, unless he's a bigger fool than I thought.

I imagine his office has been fairly lax about the Israel thing because his films are very popular there and a good source of revenue. I very much doubt he gets any money from other countries in the Middle East!

At least Israel has an active left wing opposition to the likes of Likud. I'm not sure what the Saudi equivalent is?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13094 on: September 26, 2017, 05:34:17 pm »
https://t.co/SYKBrEdC5y?amp=1

Another one invited in

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13095 on: September 26, 2017, 05:34:37 pm »

In this thread.... Ken Loach being criticised for distributing his films in Israel, and for being anti-semitic.  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13096 on: September 26, 2017, 05:35:15 pm »
In this thread.... Ken Loach being criticised for distributing his films in Israel, and for being anti-semitic.  ;D

Is he?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13097 on: September 26, 2017, 05:36:57 pm »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13098 on: September 26, 2017, 05:41:13 pm »

He just asked her who reported it. And she didnt answer, it all seems to come from one tweet and then jumped on.

I could be wrong on that but thats how it seems to me.

Its a bit like the story of Laura Kuenssberg needing a body guard at conference but people have seen her walking about and chatting to people on her own so who knows if thats true or not.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13099 on: September 26, 2017, 05:43:52 pm »

Every penny that comes from the sale to Israeli distributors goes to grassroots Palestinian organisations.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13100 on: September 26, 2017, 05:51:07 pm »
He just asked her who reported it. And she didnt answer, it all seems to come from one tweet and then jumped on.

I could be wrong on that but thats how it seems to me.

Its a bit like the story of Laura Kuenssberg needing a body guard at conference but people have seen her walking about and chatting to people on her own so who knows if thats true or not.

They were talking about the rule change and rather than just do the sensible thing and balance defending the party, Corbyn and condoning anyone who expresses those views he just went on a full Trump style attack.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13101 on: September 26, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »

I never said he was anti semitic.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13102 on: September 26, 2017, 05:54:34 pm »
I never said he was anti semitic.

In that case my apologies, I haven't heard the interview but you're comment read to me like you were saying he was.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13103 on: September 26, 2017, 05:58:12 pm »
https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/912697609717997568

Even Jon ‘fuck the tories’ snow having a go

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13104 on: September 26, 2017, 06:03:00 pm »
Tom Watson bigging up Momentum in his speech doesn't feel right after what hes done for the last 2 years

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #13105 on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:50 pm »
https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/912697609717997568

Even Jon ‘fuck the tories’ snow having a go

I just don't understand this. What does he have to lose politically by condemning Maduro? Is there really anybody who'd suddenly switch their support from him to one of the other parties if he came out and denounced him?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13106 on: September 26, 2017, 06:29:15 pm »
I just don't understand this. What does he have to lose politically by condemning Maduro? Is there really anybody who'd suddenly switch their support from him to one of the other parties if he came out and denounced him?

There's nothing to understand,Corbyn is a snake who walks around with his own head up his arse.  All he had to say is if the reports are true then Maduro has crossed a line but even that is too much to ask of the tool.He pretends to be a man of principles but imo he has none,he is a fraud & the country won't see another Labour gov until he has slung his hook.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13107 on: September 26, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »
At least Israel has an active left wing opposition to the likes of Likud. I'm not sure what the Saudi equivalent is?

Syria used to have an opposition too. But the boss gassed them and shelled them and hired the Russian airforce to destroy their homes.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13108 on: September 26, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »
Labour education policy is a mess.

It holds two diametrically opposessed positions at the same time...

Sigh..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13109 on: September 26, 2017, 06:35:32 pm »
Tom Watson bigging up Momentum in his speech doesn't feel right after what hes done for the last 2 years
No, I sort of agree.  But I think it’s good to build bridges..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #13110 on: September 26, 2017, 06:45:20 pm »
No, I sort of agree.  But I think it’s good to build bridges..

I disagree. Building bridges within the party should be encouraged but Momentum is an outside body. It isn't part of the Labour Party. Watson's criticism of them in the past was bang on and whilst they did a good job in the election, I wish they'd done a fraction of the work during the referendum.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13111 on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:18 pm »
You have to laugh at the News going totally overboard with the run on the pound comment.

He said it was just something they were looking at, they were war gaming all types of things that could happen if they won and this was just one of the things so they were ready whatever happens.

Something the Government should have done before the Brexit vote.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:18:49 pm by Trada »

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13112 on: September 26, 2017, 10:22:15 pm »
The M.app worked again with voting the two left wingers walked it.

CLPD Labour‏ @CLPD_Labour

Results of National Constitutional Committee vote
Emina Ibrahim 35%
Anna Dyer 35%
Rose Burley 16%
Kevin Hepworth 13%
Sulayman Bah 1%

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13113 on: September 26, 2017, 10:30:34 pm »
The M.app worked again with voting the two left wingers walked it.

CLPD Labour‏ @CLPD_Labour

Results of National Constitutional Committee vote
Emina Ibrahim 35%
Anna Dyer 35%
Rose Burley 16%
Kevin Hepworth 13%
Sulayman Bah 1%

Do you not see the downsides? Delegates should be making up their own mind in the interest of the members that they are representing. Blindly following an app is a false economy that looks terrible from the outside. It is also unnecessary.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #13114 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:52 pm »
Labour has been threatened with a ban on holding future conferences in Brighton unless it tackles anti-Semitism.

Brighton and Hove's Labour council leader Warren Morgan said he was very concerned at "the anti-Semitism being aired publicly in fringe meetings and on the floor of conference".

In a letter to Labour Party general secretary Iain McNicol, Mr Morgan said: "As the Labour leader of Brighton and Hove City Council, I will undoubtedly face questions as to why we allow any event where anti-Semitic views are freely expressed to happen in the city, particularly on council premises.

"As a Labour Party member, I expect the inquiry announced today to take firm action; as leader I will need reassurances that there will be no repeat of the behaviour and actions we have seen this week before any further bookings from the party are taken."

http://news.sky.com/story/labour-could-face-brighton-conference-ban-over-anti-semitism-claims-11054721

Mind-boggling at the state the Labour Party has descended to.....

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #13115 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:33 pm »
Do you not see the downsides? Delegates should be making up their own mind in the interest of the members that they are representing. Blindly following an app is a false economy that looks terrible from the outside. It is also unnecessary.

People haven't got to vote for them its just who they recommend.

And with this vote all delegates from the region had to agree on the vote and they had one vote.

Having used the App during the conference even if sadly I wasn't there.

its really good live updates all the time telling queue size at events if times change etc its going to brilliant when its used during an election directing people to where they are needed to campaign etc. 

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13116 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:43 pm »
It doesn't help when leading figures like McCluskey brush antisemitism under the carpet, as he's just done on Newsnight now. Can you imagine him being so blasé about anti-black racism as he is about anti-Jewish racism? I can understand why Ken Loach doesn't take antisemitism seriously. He's an old Trot who has always been a bit insane when it comes to Jews. But McCluskey is the country's leading trade unionist.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13117 on: September 26, 2017, 10:51:19 pm »

And with this vote all delegates from the region had to agree on the vote and they had one vote.

its really good live updates all the time telling queue size at events if times change etc its going to brilliant when its used during an election directing people to where they are needed to campaign etc. 

All of those things are fine and useful. You can see the use for campaigning too, but when it crosses the line into whipping, it just feels wrong.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13118 on: September 26, 2017, 10:52:24 pm »

They shouldnt be recommending anyone. Just like the email about not choosing Brexit, they are using their power and influence to skew things.

They should be making Labour policies and politics available to the masses and gathering support which they clearly know how to do. They can play a positive role in all this but the way they try to influence things shows a very dark streak.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13119 on: September 26, 2017, 10:54:52 pm »
Tanya Chakravarti is now saying McCluskey doesn't know what he's talking about when he says there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party.