Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
It does seem incredibility low doesn't it, I was quite shocked myself, assumed it would be the Truss reign? But anyway it's here, 1st June 2019 - set filter to ALL.

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/

Ah, the Johnson effect, makes sense. I don't think they have a Super Sub with the Super star status in their ranks anymore - unless Rees-Mogg fancies a crack at the top job?
 :o
But, you will note, Reform was actually slightly ahead (22%) of the Tories (20%) at the time, for a combined share of 42%. Whereas now, their combined share is 35%.
Had the misfortune of listening to Monday night club on 5 live last night . Apparently we cannot question officials. End of .  Other teams should have stood with us over Spurs .
Richard Keys talking more sense over it than the Sky cabal:

The reason I don’t have a problem with Forest’s statement is because I happen to know that they warned Howard Webb (showbiz showbiz showbiz) on Friday that appointing Stuart Attwell to VAR was asking for trouble. Attwell is a Luton fan.

That’s not news - we all know that now. Forest knew it on Friday and asked for Attwell to be removed - quietly and without going public. Good call. Why not?

Nobody at Forest was suggesting that Attwell would adversely affect the game. I don’t believe any ref ever sets out to make bad decisions, but there’s always the risk of a game turning out the way it did - with controversial decisions being made - and a stench to follow.

I’ve argued this so many times when Anthony Taylor gets games between Man City/United and Liverpool. Of course he won’t make bad decisions intentionally, but why run the risk of him making a genuine mistake that backfires on him? Why? It’s stupid. It’s also arrogant and stubborn for the PGMOL to continue this practice. It’s bitten them badly with Attwell. I feel for the guy. I really do. It’s not his fault, although you could argue that he should’ve recused himself.

Webb was fully aware of the dangers. He should’ve stood Attwell down. Referees wanted to play a bigger role on match days. They wanted to be professionals. They wanted to be taken seriously. Well with those things comes accountability and scrutiny. I’m sorry, but that’s how it is now. We all live in that world.

If the small number of us that keep asking questions and pointing out failings don’t keep up that work nothing will change. I’m with Forest on this one.

Just shows though, he was happy to drink the kool aid when he was actually on Sky. They say what they're told.
Its one really good season where he got a team from near relegation last season to CL football places in Germany. I mean, its good but hardly bundles of qualification there is? Plus he was sacked at the club he was at before.

You suggested that he could only be a top choice based on unseen data, but lots of widely available data suggests he gets his teams playing a way that suits our players.

Plus being sacked means he ticks that facing adversity problem people had with Xabi. Hoffenheim haven't exactly cracked on since his departure either - he had them 9th.

I'm also quietly confident that he doesn't ride a skateboard into training, which I know is important to a lot of people on here.
Why ?

He is finally at a club which is big, loves him and has a decent pot of money, with realistic expectations thus far. He comes to us and he will join a massive club where there will be questions over his appointment and pressure on in day one.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 07:32:26 am »
Also, the only one Spurs play away is us at Anfield, which might help. Ideal scenario they win both at home and lose to us, making them the best team in the world and a lovely bunch of lads that everyone always thought were just great.
Emery would be mad to leave Villa now.

There isn't a manager on the planet who'd stay at Villa if offered the Liverpool job
One thing for sure is that Spurs arent winning all 3 games vs us, Arsenal and City.

But I don't think they lose all 3 either.

They're most likely to get a result vs Arsenal IMO due to the hatred factor.

Everton first anyway. Have to win.
If Amorim ends up at West Ham, it’s because we decided he’s not the one. It certainly feels like we may have U-turned on him a bit. I’d actually warned to the idea of him so it’s a bit of a shame.

Lots of people talking about Mourinho but it obviously won’t be him. There’s no way he’s scoring high on any analysis, nor a personality that is going to be compatible with the club. Tuchel seems like a Mourinho Lite so I wouldn’t go near him.

De Zerbi terrifies me because Hughes is supposedly a big fan.

With respect, I think the job is too big for Slot or Hoeness, and I don’t think Iraola, O’Neil or Frank are good enough.

It’s all pretty wild. I was so sure it was Alonso or Amorim. They seemed like the only two who ticked all the boxes.
Why would it be too big a job for Slot but not Amorim? They seem to have done similair jobs domestically, Slot's done decent in Europe as well
There's a lack of leadership in the league which isn't helping. Scudamore was a prick, but he did oversee the league better. Masters looks out of his depth.

But then was it much better when you had Alex Ferguson with a mafia like grip over the league? Nobody ever took him on, or reigned him in, least of all Sky.

It's happened since VAR has come in though. It's the effect VAR has. It's just a wretched and insidious effect on the game and leaves fans/clubs feeling cheated more than it ever used to after games.

It also becomes tribal and fans / media just tell the impacted Club to move on.

The latest tweet from them is fine but their unprofessionalism on Sunday means no one will listen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10