Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632119 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Marvel Musings. No Infinity War Part 2 Spoilers.
« Reply #4920 on: March 20, 2019, 04:55:47 am »
And I listen to what she said, and have no issue at all with it. You have an issue with the term “white dudes”, even though each time she said it, she said she had no problem with white dudes. I’d say you should be more offended by the systemic racism and sexism within the US. Or even just the widespread sexism and manipulation that exists within Hollyweird. But it’s much easier to just call her an idiot and dismiss anything she has to say.

Sure Kash. What I mean is, many white men don’t appreciate that they have privelige, simply don’t see it. I know I do, but probably don’t appreciate how much. Just as an example, a black  guy I worked with told me he had to have the talk with his son. But “the talk” was about what to do if you get pulled over by the police. That sort of discussion hasn’t ever really entered my head.

So...empathy, I suppose, is what I want. Listening to The dollop podcast has shaped many of my views re: white dudes in America. Probably moreso than living here for 20 years now :P

Edit: actually having two daughters has probably affected me more. I will always scrutinise comments from men about women more because of them. But we all have our biases.

My issue is white male privilege isn't an all-encompassing binary advantage. To deny it exists is foolish but at the same time I'm not telling a struggling blue collar worker that he should remember his privilege and suck it up, nor would it be fair to be dismissive of a successful white male professional with the implication they didn't work their ass off to get there.

Having a problem with what Brie said doesn't have any correlation to the systemic racism and sexism in the US, again that's all lines in the sand stuff for me. I watched what she said, thought she came across as a bit of a dick head and then moved on.

More pressing concerns comes from our electorate in my own country voting for Brexit off the back of a massive anti immigration sentiment, those are the real social issues to me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 04:58:09 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4921 on: March 20, 2019, 09:39:12 am »
Disney now officially owns Fox.
https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/

Ignoring the scarily huge media monopoly that might create, If Patrick Stewart isn't in a post credit sequence for Endgame I'll be disappointed.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4922 on: March 20, 2019, 10:31:58 am »
Claus right now

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4923 on: March 20, 2019, 11:30:47 am »
Disney now officially owns Fox.
https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/

Ignoring the scarily huge media monopoly that might create, If Patrick Stewart isn't in a post credit sequence for Endgame I'll be disappointed.

He retired from the role with Logan. McAvoy, though... Or Sigourney Weaver as Ripley...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #4924 on: March 20, 2019, 04:13:58 pm »
He retired from the role with Logan. McAvoy, though... Or Sigourney Weaver as Ripley...

Was there an Alien/Marvel crossover? I know Batman vs Alien exist, there was even Terminator vs Predator/Alien... cannot recall Xenomorphs or Ripley in Marvel...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4925 on: March 20, 2019, 04:17:01 pm »
I watched what she said, thought she came across as a bit of a dick head and then moved on.

Pretty much my take on her too. To quote Jay from RLM, she's a bit of a "dingbat", or to paraphrase, a bit of a moonbeam. It's not just her, though. They're all at it. From DiCaprio to Gwen Paltrow. They all put their foot in their own bullshit at some stage or another. I suppose that's what happens when you live in a La La Land bubble.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4926 on: March 20, 2019, 04:22:31 pm »
Was there an Alien/Marvel crossover? I know Batman vs Alien exist, there was even Terminator vs Predator/Alien... cannot recall Xenomorphs or Ripley in Marvel...

Not as yet. The comics rights to Aliens (and Predator) are still with Dark Horse for the time being, although it would not be a surprise if Disney wanted to bring them back in-house, as they did with Star Wars.

The Batman-Aliens thing was one of the most idiotic stories ever. Batman punches an alien in the face.

The Dredd/Aliens/Predator crossovers have been pretty good.

The possibilities now are endless. Alien v Wolverine v Animal from the Muppets, anyone?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4927 on: March 20, 2019, 04:25:51 pm »
Not as yet. The comics rights to Aliens (and Predator) are still with Dark Horse for the time being, although it would not be a surprise if Disney wanted to bring them back in-house, as they did with Star Wars.

The Batman-Aliens thing was one of the most idiotic stories ever. Batman punches an alien in the face.

The possibilities now are endless. Alien v Wolverine v Animal from the Muppets, anyone?

Well Animal would take it obviously. He's insane.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #4928 on: March 20, 2019, 04:34:03 pm »

I can see how Dredd/Alien/Predator crossover would work, can easily swap Dredd with Punisher and that would do just as well. But the problem is always the mechanics of the story and how you give it some kind of depth that connects. A simple meathead vs scary monster becomes boring after about ten minutes. Any crossover has potential to work if the theme fits the storyline, and there is some kind of depth to the characters.

For example, I think MCU should add in other genres in the MCU, why not do a horror version of Doctor Strange 2 with Nightmare and include Dr. Banner in it like they did in the Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell cartoon.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4929 on: March 20, 2019, 04:45:44 pm »
I can see how Dredd/Alien/Predator crossover would work, can easily swap Dredd with Punisher and that would do just as well. But the problem is always the mechanics of the story and how you give it some kind of depth that connects. A simple meathead vs scary monster becomes boring after about ten minutes. Any crossover has potential to work if the theme fits the storyline, and there is some kind of depth to the characters.

For example, I think MCU should add in other genres in the MCU, why not do a horror version of Doctor Strange 2 with Nightmare and include Dr. Banner in it like they did in the Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell cartoon.

Yes, Marvel has done some great horror stuff over the years. I'm hoping Giant Size Man Thing* makes it to screen some day.

*Yes, Giant Size refers to the comic rather than the character, but it's still a great movie title!
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4930 on: March 20, 2019, 11:29:01 pm »
My issue is white male privilege isn't an all-encompassing binary advantage. To deny it exists is foolish but at the same time I'm not telling a struggling blue collar worker that he should remember his privilege and suck it up, nor would it be fair to be dismissive of a successful white male professional with the implication they didn't work their ass off to get there.

Having a problem with what Brie said doesn't have any correlation to the systemic racism and sexism in the US, again that's all lines in the sand stuff for me. I watched what she said, thought she came across as a bit of a dick head and then moved on.

More pressing concerns comes from our electorate in my own country voting for Brexit off the back of a massive anti immigration sentiment, those are the real social issues to me.

I totally agree, mate, there’s far more pressing issues than what she said and at Society at large. Who does and does not review a film....who gives a shit, really. The only useful thing to come from it is if it’s endemic of society at large.

I’m not seeing the dick head thing from her, however.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4931 on: March 20, 2019, 11:52:14 pm »
I totally agree, mate, there’s far more pressing issues than what she said and at Society at large. Who does and does not review a film....who gives a shit, really. The only useful thing to come from it is if it’s endemic of society at large.

I’m not seeing the dick head thing from her, however.

It is endemic of our time, I yearn for simpler times before every moron had access to the internet. People clearly weren't ready and now we're a bit fucked.

Regarding her being a dick head, that's completely fair - happy to disagree on that ;D I simply wish to be able to call her a dick head without the implication of me being a sexist, not that anyone here has implied that but that's how black and white it can be now. I also think Robert Downey Jr is perhaps a bigger dick head, but it largely has little to no effect on my enjoyment of the MCU.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: March 21, 2019, 12:03:14 am »
Wolverine V Animal from The Muppets sounds amazing. As does Batman punching a Xenomorph in the face. I mean, it couldn't be worse than Justice League or Prometheus respectively. Could it?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4933 on: March 21, 2019, 12:11:06 am »
It is endemic of our time, I yearn for simpler times before every moron had access to the internet. People clearly weren't ready and now we're a bit fucked.

Regarding her being a dick head, that's completely fair - happy to disagree on that ;D I simply wish to be able to call her a dick head without the implication of me being a sexist, not that anyone here has implied that but that's how black and white it can be now. I also think Robert Downey Jr is perhaps a bigger dick head, but it largely has little to no effect on my enjoyment of the MCU.

This may be worth it’s own topic, but evolutionary speaking, our brains haven’t caught up to TV let alone twitter and such. People see someone on a screen and feel like they know them, when they really don’t. Only a few thousand years and we will get there ;)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4934 on: March 21, 2019, 01:52:15 am »
What if Endgame has no post-credit scenes at all?

Since it's the end of the "Infinity Saga" (as Feige calls it) they might want to just end it. No links to anything in Phase 4.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4935 on: March 21, 2019, 07:36:48 am »
Per our eldest.

"Why didn't Thanos just make the universe twice as big so there was more room for all the people and creatures and shit?"

Hard to argue with.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4936 on: March 21, 2019, 08:08:52 am »
Per our eldest.

"Why didn't Thanos just make the universe twice as big so there was more room for all the people and creatures and shit?"

Hard to argue with.

https://www.thewrap.com/infinity-war-directors-explain-thanos-double-universe-resources/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4937 on: March 21, 2019, 08:45:22 am »
Went to see Captain Marvel last night. Really enjoyed it. Brie Larson crushed it as Captain Marvel and the 90's references were fun

And as a massive Kevin Smith fan I absolutely loved the Stan Lee cameo. Perfect placement

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: March 21, 2019, 09:30:48 am »
So we know we're getting a Spider-Man film later this year, but beyond that they haven't officially announced any other Phase 4 movies.

There's three scheduled for 2020, and the same in 2021 and 2022 (and beyond presumably).

What will they be? Black Widow is the obvious one as that's close to starting production - saw that Florence Pugh had been cast as Scarlett Johansson's rival - and I'd guess that comes out next year.

Think we'll probably get Black Panther 2 next year too and maybe a Doctor Strange sequel?

Presume Captain Marvel will get a sequel quite quickly too, but probably not until the end of 2021 or even into 2022. Guardians 3 probably won't be until 2022 either as James Gunn needs to shoot Suicide Squad first. We might get a third Spidey film in 2022... and then there's the Shang Chi film too. Wasn't there rumours of an Eternals film aswell?

There's also the possibility of a Captain America film, even if it's Bucky or Sam in the suit. And maybe another Thor film by Taika Waititi?

And surely there will be another Avengers film in 2022/2023 to end Phase Four... maybe that will be where they start to introduce X-Men and the Fantastic Four?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: March 21, 2019, 03:21:28 pm »
All of those seem likely, they’re just waiting until after End Game to make the big announcement.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4940 on: March 21, 2019, 03:24:23 pm »
Expect they do something during comic con

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4941 on: March 21, 2019, 03:48:27 pm »
X-Men Dark Phoenix and X-Men spin-off New Mutants are both out in the summer. Still surprisingly little on the slate from Marvel proper, even including Spider-Man.

I think we can expect all of the following, but I have no idea on the order:
Gambit
Captain Marvel 2 (&3)
Doctor Strange 2 (&3)
Black Panther 2 (&3)
Ant Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (yay!)
Spider-Man 8(!)
Avengers 5 (& 6)
Black Widow
Silver Sable/Black Cat
Venom 2
Spider-verse 2

Also rumours of the Eternals (if I had to guess, this will go the way of the Inhumans) and I would expect to see a reboot of at least one of Iron Man/Thor/Captain America.

If it was up to me, then there would be a solo Thing movie, and maybe a Human Torch before leading into the Fantastic Four.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #4942 on: March 21, 2019, 03:57:06 pm »

How about Deadpool 3 somewhere in there? ;D

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: March 21, 2019, 04:00:15 pm »
How about Deadpool 3 somewhere in there? ;D

Oo, yes. Probably. That's plenty for them to be going on with, anyway.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #4944 on: March 21, 2019, 04:12:26 pm »
Endgame could well be the last Avengers movie. Doesn’t mean there isn’t another movie with a group but seems likely it won’t be the Avengers. The last movie didn’t really feature the Avengers as such as they were spread out and be coordinated actions. This will be their big coming together, potentially as a swan song. There are other teams to bring together for Marvel now, so we don’t need to have them.

The Avengers are increasingly seen as the big must see movies with smaller ones, whereas you could turn every Avengers movie into must sees by overlapping the universe more often in solo movies. Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man and the Fantastic Four are often in the same comics, even if it’s just for one of them. After endgame there is an exciting opportunity to move more towards this than before.

It’ll take another big bad the size of thanos years to build up anyway, so you won’t necessarily need all of them in one movie, and with the additions to the current line up it won’t be the best idea to try and get them all in one as it becomes an unwieldy behemoth. How would you even start getting the whole cast, plus the fantastic four; plus the x-men into one movie!

Whilst they need the central hero for a movie to drive their story, adding more logical decisions like a superhero turning up for a fight because they’ve seen the danger to support the central hero would only add to the stories I think.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: March 21, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »
I think the Avengers as the tent peg makes a lot of sense for them, regardless of the line up, I would be very surprised if they abandoned the concept at this point.
Also, I really hope that the solo movies don't degenerate into crossover frenzies. That's pretty much killed the comics, but the film division seems a bit more aware.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4946 on: March 21, 2019, 04:18:17 pm »
X-Men Dark Phoenix and X-Men spin-off New Mutants are both out in the summer. Still surprisingly little on the slate from Marvel proper, even including Spider-Man.

Gambit
Captain Marvel 2 (&3)
Doctor Strange 2 (&3)
Black Panther 2 (&3)
Ant Man 3
Spider-Man 8(!)
Avengers 5 (& 6)
Black Widow
Silver Sable/Black Cat
Venom 2
Spider-verse 2

Also rumours of the Eternals (if I had to guess, this will go the way of the Inhumans) and I would expect to see a reboot of at least one of Iron Man/Thor/Captain America.

If it was up to me, then there would be a solo Thing movie, and maybe a Human Torch before leading into the Fantastic Four.

Is this confirmed, mate? I really hope so. I know it wasn't great by any means but I honestly had such fun watching it. I know Venom didn't work out so well in Spider-Man last time, but Hardy's Venom could seriously boost that franchise in the future as well.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4947 on: March 21, 2019, 04:20:31 pm »
I expect it'll eventually be a New Avengers line up with Spider-Man, Wolverine, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Dr Strange as the lynchpins.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4948 on: March 21, 2019, 04:21:45 pm »
It’ll take another big bad the size of thanos years to build up anyway, so you won’t necessarily need all of them in one movie, and with the additions to the current line up it won’t be the best idea to try and get them all in one as it becomes an unwieldy behemoth. How would you even start getting the whole cast, plus the fantastic four; plus the x-men into one movie!

They only had maybe 3 minutes of Thanos on-screen in the build up to IW, the next big bad could come from a few post-credits scenes starting with Endgame if they wanted.

I want to see a proper Galactus.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4949 on: March 21, 2019, 04:28:03 pm »
Endgame could well be the last Avengers movie. Doesn’t mean there isn’t another movie with a group but seems likely it won’t be the Avengers. The last movie didn’t really feature the Avengers as such as they were spread out and be coordinated actions. This will be their big coming together, potentially as a swan song. There are other teams to bring together for Marvel now, so we don’t need to have them.

The Avengers are increasingly seen as the big must see movies with smaller ones, whereas you could turn every Avengers movie into must sees by overlapping the universe more often in solo movies. Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man and the Fantastic Four are often in the same comics, even if it’s just for one of them. After endgame there is an exciting opportunity to move more towards this than before.

Whilst they need the central hero for a movie to drive their story, adding more logical decisions like a superhero turning up for a fight because they’ve seen the danger to support the central hero would only add to the stories I think.

I take your point - and arguably, the best Avengers movie wasn't an Avengers movie at all (Civil War).

But I don't think they'll be moving away from having Avengers films - there's huge name recognition in that, and they can keep a rotating cast of stars in them. Don't think they need to get every superhero involved either, there's a point where that's just not feasible.

The Disney streaming service probably gives them the ability to siphon some of the superheroes into there, saving them from having to worry about finding roles for them in the films. Think that's already the plan with Winter Soldier and Falcon, for example.

In terms of building to another Thanos-sized threat, surely they'll do Galactus next?

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4950 on: March 21, 2019, 04:28:52 pm »
The last few posts about upcoming film possibilites makes interesting reading, thanks chaps.

Oh to be a young boy again, I remember my poor old mum taking me to the pictures to see that Spiderman film in the mid 70s, I wish i could have told her that it gets a lot better in the future.

cant wait for whatever arises.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4951 on: March 21, 2019, 04:33:58 pm »
I take your point - and arguably, the best Avengers movie wasn't an Avengers movie at all (Civil War).

But I don't think they'll be moving away from having Avengers films - there's huge name recognition in that, and they can keep a rotating cast of stars in them. Don't think they need to get every superhero involved either, there's a point where that's just not feasible.

The Disney streaming service probably gives them the ability to siphon some of the superheroes into there, saving them from having to worry about finding roles for them in the films. Think that's already the plan with Winter Soldier and Falcon, for example.

In terms of building to another Thanos-sized threat, surely they'll do Galactus next?

Galactus or Doom would be the obvious choices if they want to build another super-duper villain.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4952 on: March 21, 2019, 04:58:12 pm »
They only had maybe 3 minutes of Thanos on-screen in the build up to IW, the next big bad could come from a few post-credits scenes starting with Endgame if they wanted.

I want to see a proper Galactus.

He wasn’t but connected characters were. The previous two avengers films were basically building to it. Introducing infinity stones and understudies but it was all Thanos, for basically the first three phases.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4953 on: March 21, 2019, 05:06:39 pm »
He wasn’t but connected characters were. The previous two avengers films were basically building to it. Introducing infinity stones and understudies but it was all Thanos, for basically the first three phases.

Little bits and pieces in most movies did, but the movies themselves didn't (with the exception of the first Avengers). Ultron it was really just the Thor dream sequence and the post-credits scene (that they retconned in IW itself). You could do the same with Galactus, just have "Galactus is coming" in a post-credits scene, maybe have the Silver Surfer show up in another post-credits scene, then go straight into the movie.

I'd actually use that movie to bring in the Fantastic Four rather than use an origin story. But I also don't think I'd do any real standalone movies with those guys, I don't think they work as the focus of a movie.

I really just want to see a proper Galactus, not the evil cloud they used last time (and copied in Green Lantern).
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4954 on: March 21, 2019, 05:16:40 pm »

Gambit
Captain Marvel 2 (&3)
Doctor Strange 2 (&3)
Black Panther 2 (&3)
Ant Man 3
Spider-Man 8(!)
Avengers 5 (& 6)
Black Widow
Silver Sable/Black Cat
Venom 2
Spider-verse 2

Shang Chi, also, which seems to be moving full steam ahead..

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4955 on: March 21, 2019, 05:20:43 pm »
Do we put the non-Marvel Marvel characters in here? Nessy included Spider-Verse in his post so I'm putting it here anyway.

Sony has made no secret about wanting to make use of their Marvel assets, especially where Spider-Man is concerned. With the huge commercial and artistic success of Spider–Man Into the Spiderverse, it only logical that they would look to spinoff from there. That is why it’s being reported by Wegotthiscovered that Sony is looking to develop a film centered around the Spider-Man Noir character that was ably voiced by Nicholas Cage.

The gun-toting black and white wall-crawler with a fedora played a major role in the first Spider-Verse and made quite a splash as one of the team of Spider people who come to the aid of Miles Morales. It is Sony’s hope to once again enlist Cage to bring his vocal talents to the popular character.

If this were to turn out as true, since all things in “development” are just that, would you like to see Spider-Man Noir in his own film? Share your thoughts with us at GVNation.

https://gvnation.com/sony-looking-to-develop-spider-man-noir-animated-film-with-nicolas-cage/

Source is probably shit but I Want To Believe.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4956 on: March 21, 2019, 05:25:56 pm »
Fuck Galactus, I want Doom.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4957 on: March 21, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »
I'm curious how they eventually integrate Fantastic Four and X-Men.

I guess Fantastic Four is relatively easy, and you just say that they've been in the background the whole time but have only just got their powers.

I just have no idea how you bring X-Men into it without some serious retconning. That's easy enough with something like Captain Marvel, where it's one character, but how do you do it with X-Men which is basically a universe of characters in itself?

Do you do a parallel universe thing, introduce an earth where mutants and the X-Men are present but other heroes aren't, and then merge them?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4958 on: March 21, 2019, 05:56:47 pm »
I'm curious how they eventually integrate Fantastic Four and X-Men.

I guess Fantastic Four is relatively easy, and you just say that they've been in the background the whole time but have only just got their powers.

I just have no idea how you bring X-Men into it without some serious retconning. That's easy enough with something like Captain Marvel, where it's one character, but how do you do it with X-Men which is basically a universe of characters in itself?

Do you do a parallel universe thing, introduce an earth where mutants and the X-Men are present but other heroes aren't, and then merge them?

I think this has to be the focus of Phase 4 really. Even if in the background.

I’m sure the X-Men introduction will be tied to the outcome of endgame. Mutations from reverting the snap in people who were dissolved and who had an underlying gene. So X-Men haven’t always been there; they’re discovering their mutations post endgame.

Fantastic four will be easier, but still interesting. They’re much easier to land as well in a existing universe. So hopefully we get a decent film for them!

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: March 21, 2019, 05:59:30 pm »
Shang Chi, also, which seems to be moving full steam ahead..

Yes, doesn't say a lot about him that I was literally talking about him in this thread a few days ago and had already forgotten about it. (Or me, possibly.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA