Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433794 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: Manchester City
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2011, 12:22:59 pm »
Why are you not in your exam?

OT: City are poo.

;D ;D

OT: Manchester City ruin football.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:24:55 pm by ChaChaMooMoo »

Offline ♥ Carroll 9 ♥

• Main Stander
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2011, 12:23:38 pm »
The clue is in the link, its a rumour. Nothing more.

Thats because its in the section rumours. And he didnt say its rumoured they bid, he said flat out. CITY BID 100 MILLION.

Im not saying its true, but he didnt say its rumoured, he said its true and he said it this morning on SSN aswell
I WANT LIVERPOOL TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL, I MUST BE HIGH

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:49 pm »
Thats because its in the section rumours. And he didnt say its rumoured they bid, he said flat out. CITY BID 100 MILLION.

Im not saying its true, but he didnt say its rumoured, he said its true and he said it this morning on SSN aswell

Fucks sake, he did not. Is english your first language? Watch it again and listen. He said They think it will happen. At no point does Ball-bag say it has happened.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #363 on: May 20, 2011, 12:27:50 pm »

Offline Twiggthemanc

• Thinks that Evra's by far a better left back than Evra. Definitely.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2011, 12:29:34 pm »

If you spend your whole life getting excited about things like that, definitely believing everything you read in the papers, and "knowing" that Chelsea are signing Neymar and Lukaku. If you spend your time signing up to a Liverpool forum with the name of another teams player, and a sig and location begging him to come, you're going to end up disapointed.

Summer season is exciting, because it's the main time your squad can improve, but you can't believe all this shit, and you can't get too excited over players who aren't your own. Just watch it unfold instead of searching out every rumour and following the shit they say on skysports.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2011, 12:31:12 pm »
Why are you not in your exam?

OT: City are poo.
Got the time wrong, was actually at 9:30 this morning, only realised last night, thank fuck I decided to double check before I went to bed. All went well anyway you'll be delighted to know  and you're direction suggestions were better than any Sat Nav system could dream of being ;D

OT: I completely agree
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2011, 12:31:19 pm »
If you spend your whole life getting excited about things like that, definitely believing everything you read in the papers, and "knowing" that Chelsea are signing Neymar and Lukaku. If you spend your time signing up to a Liverpool forum with the name of another teams player, and a sig and location begging him to come, you're going to end up disapointed.

Summer season is exciting, because it's the main time your squad can improve, but you can't believe all this shit, and you can't get too excited over players who aren't your own. Just watch it unfold instead of searching out every rumour and following the shit they say on skysports.

Twigg mate, as im sure you know, RAWK is chock-full of these hyperactive fuckers.  >:(

Offline Twiggthemanc

• Thinks that Evra's by far a better left back than Evra. Definitely.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2011, 12:33:43 pm »
Twigg mate, as im sure you know, RAWK is chock-full of these hyperactive fuckers.  >:(

Every forum is. It's worse on facebook, the funniest thing I've seen on facebook is this:

http://www.facebook.com/SIRalexMANCHESTERUNITED

Some WUM pretending to be Alex Ferguson saying he's signing Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, and people believe him. I don't understand how it's come to this. It beggars belief that there are people who get more excited about a big name signing than they do supporting their own team.

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2011, 12:35:16 pm »
Every forum is. It's worse on facebook, the funniest thing I've seen on facebook is this:

Some WUM pretending to be Alex Ferguson saying he's signing Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, and people believe him. I don't understand how it's come to this. It beggars belief that there are people who get more excited about a big name signing than they do supporting their own team.

Haha, my god, some people really need a reality check. Or a lobotomy  :P

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2011, 12:39:32 pm »
Got the time wrong, was actually at 9:30 this morning, only realised last night, thank fuck I decided to double check before I went to bed. All went well anyway you'll be delighted to know  and you're direction suggestions were better than any Sat Nav system could dream of being ;D

OT: I completely agree

Boring. Was hoping for a story along the lines that the SAS held you at gunpoint and found a life size mock-up of the Queen in your boot, along with rubber gloves, a bottle of Jif and a 12" pink dildo.   :(

Glad it went well though.  ;D

OT: I agree with your agreement.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:33 pm »
I wonder how real city fans feel about this. I mean there is literally no skill involved in spending hundreds of millions of pounds that isnt yours to buy trophies. I know they have lived in the shadow of their neighbours for so long so any bit of success that comes their way will be welcomed but it all seems so hollow.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2011, 01:03:17 pm »

That is fantastic. It just highlights to me, that there is so so so many people out there who haven't got a clue about football... Cringworthy
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #372 on: May 20, 2011, 01:22:52 pm »
He's not worth 150m

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 20, 2011, 01:26:39 pm »

Fucking hell, told by a Manc :P

But yeah, Tevez is a broken record. It'll be his family or it'll be the national team or it'll be the water or whatever.
He'll be 'unhappy', there will be 'talks' and he'll sign 'a new contract' that pays him almost double what he earns.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline ♥ Carroll 9 ♥

• Main Stander
« Reply #374 on: May 20, 2011, 02:06:56 pm »
If Tevez leaves City then they will buy someone huge to replace him because he is there best player by a country mile
I WANT LIVERPOOL TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL, I MUST BE HIGH

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #375 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:26 pm »
If Tevez leaves City then they will buy someone huge to replace him because he is there best player by a country mile

I agree if Tevez leaves who ever replaces him has to be huge, at least 6 foot anyway but next to Tevez that's huge.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:29:04 pm by BMW »

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #376 on: May 20, 2011, 02:32:27 pm »
Non-story, he won't go there and madrid won't cash in he is too valuable in terms of performances and revenue.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 20, 2011, 03:49:53 pm »
I have to agree that I don't think he will go to City, but somebody in Ronaldo's camp is definitely keeping this one going. Must be looking for a pay rise.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #378 on: May 20, 2011, 04:08:55 pm »
Man City are a fucking joke, ruining football for everyone, I hate FIFA but they must do something about this, its a joke.

Dont know why madrid would accept, they paid 80 million for him so clearly they didnt buy him for his resale value. If it gets accepted and Ronaldo goes I will lose every bit of respect I have for the guy, and so will alot of people. I hate Man UTD but they made him into the best player in the world, he then bitched about how he ewanted to go to madrid, how its his dream, then 2 years later he signs for Man City ? I hope Ronaldo tells them to fuck off

Every bit of respect you have for Ronaldo? Who are you? You keep popping up everywhere...
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #379 on: May 20, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »
Every bit of respect you have for Ronaldo? Who are you? You keep popping up everywhere...

One of those weirdos who supports a certain player rather than a club. We already have one in the Suarez thread (though they actually make useful posts about the player's past performances, rather than random speculation about Aguero).
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »
So, if rumours are to be believed, City will bid for both Iniesta (56 million) and would be prepared to fork out for Ronaldo (150 million).

Ridiculously ambitious moves aside, I really don't see Ronaldo as being worth 94 million pounds more than Iniesta on any planet. 
Blank.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 20, 2011, 04:50:21 pm »
I wonder how real city fans feel about this. I mean there is literally no skill involved in spending hundreds of millions of pounds that isnt yours to buy trophies. I know they have lived in the shadow of their neighbours for so long so any bit of success that comes their way will be welcomed but it all seems so hollow.

First trophy in 35 years?  Possibly a 3rd place finish?  I reckon the 'real' City fans, whomever they may be, are absolutely buzzing.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #382 on: May 20, 2011, 05:29:40 pm »
So, if rumours are to be believed, City will bid for both Iniesta (56 million) and would be prepared to fork out for Ronaldo (150 million).

Ridiculously ambitious moves aside, I really don't see Ronaldo as being worth 94 million pounds more than Iniesta on any planet. 

If this was remotely true, how could they justify spending that much on two players and where would the FFP rules come into this?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #383 on: May 20, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »
Man City have actually become everything they 'claimed' to of hated in the past.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2011, 05:44:12 pm »
If Ronaldo does end up at City, they'll defo win the title next season. He's the perfect player to break down the stubborn teams.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »
Tevez said yesterday that he wants to City on Argentinian radio and all of a sudden there linked with Ronaldo....work it out.

Offline The China Fox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »
Perfect player to break down the stubborn teams? Man City's record this season in the league against the top teams has been horrendous and negative, they have few problems against the lower sides.
This threads gone downhill fast.
It promised so much but failed dismally.

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2011, 06:52:34 pm »
The moment Man City fans fell in love with their new celebration:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjDwa3HGjrE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KjDwa3HGjrE</a>

May as well clear it up seeing as you don't understand.

Lech Poznan were doing......the 'Poznan' (As it were)......and City fans were impressed. A few City fans started to do it, around 20, and it looked absolute pants. Lech saw the City fans try and do it and then they started to do it again. Thats when the City fans started to chant that. Irony my friend.

Also, I wouldn't believe anything Guillem Balague says, he's a complete wind up merchant that knows very little.

Ronaldo won't be joining us, we've already denied it and why would he want to join us? He's in the form of his life and has more at Madrid than City could ever offer. Don't his wages go up to €500,000 a week soon as well?

Tevez will be a big loss for us but we'll just have to move on.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2011, 07:04:03 pm »
Ronaldo won't be joining us, we've already denied it and why would he want to join us? He's in the form of his life and has more at Madrid than City could ever offer. Don't his wages go up to €500,000 a week soon as well?
Lol'd hard

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2011, 07:14:55 pm »
IF it is true Madrid would be mugs to not take the money and run.

He wasn't even worth the fee they paid to the mancs.

except he has broken every single club record and La Liga record this year  ::)

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2011, 07:41:49 pm »
except he has broken every single club record and La Liga record this year  ::)

Nobody is worth £80 million

::)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2011, 09:10:00 pm »
Lol'd hard

What a waste of a post. Elaborate buddy.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »
Ronaldo fucked himself when he went to Madrid for that sort of price to be honest. I don't believe he's happy at Madrid, deep down he knows it's going to take something monumental to topple Barca over the next few years and while Madrid have the money they are clearly run by a bunch of manager-sacking clowns. It's too political in madrid. Trouble is now, there's no way out for Ronaldo, only City have that absurd amount of money to splash about but I don't think even they would pay that much for 1 player.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2011, 09:16:49 pm »
May as well clear it up seeing as you don't understand.

Lech Poznan were doing......the 'Poznan' (As it were)......and City fans were impressed. A few City fans started to do it, around 20, and it looked absolute pants. Lech saw the City fans try and do it and then they started to do it again. Thats when the City fans started to chant that.

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND! please, tell us more about your ever so great crowd celebration.....
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2011, 09:17:17 pm »
Lech Poznan were doing......the 'Poznan' (As it were)......and City fans were impressed. A few City fans started to do it, around 20, and it looked absolute pants. Lech saw the City fans try and do it and then they started to do it again. Thats when the City fans started to chant that. Irony my friend.

And then there were bluebirds and rainbows, and you all went out to tea.

Doesn't really matter how it started, you copied a celebration and it still hasn't even fully caught on, it still looks like 20 people doing it. Theirs looks boss, yours looks like a couple of people having a fit in the crowd.

And it makes everyone cringe out of their skin.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
I think it's shit. Who wants to turn away as a goal is scored. I'd rather watch the players celebrate etc.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »
I think it's shit. Who wants to turn away as a goal is scored. I'd rather watch the players celebrate etc.

Sactly.

Goal is scored, Poznan starts, goal ruled offside, Poznan continues, supporters look like bellends

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2011, 09:22:04 pm »
Sactly.

Goal is scored, Poznan starts, goal ruled offside, Poznan continues, supporters look like bellends
TBF, goal is given, supporters look like bellends.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2011, 09:22:46 pm »

Kinda thought of that when I posted it as well.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2011, 09:23:11 pm »

IMO, Supporters are bellends.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there