Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333329 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #4040 on: January 13, 2022, 02:15:01 pm »
This weather pattern seems like it's going to persist for the next week or two.

There's a high pressure meandering about in the vicinity of the UK. Where it's positioned will dictate the air flow for different areas of the UK and how much cloud gets caught up in that flow, but the general forecast is that it will be settled and either a) pretty still with overnight mist & frost, sunny by day; or b) cloudier with less frost and cooler by day.

Some charts a couple of days ago were showing the high retrogressing northwestwards to Greenland/Iceland, feeding a much colder flow of air in, and likely some snow, but that possibility has faded a bit.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4041 on: January 13, 2022, 02:43:30 pm »
Been frosty every morning this week. Working Saturday, so will be out the door between 4:30 and 5:30am depending on start time, thank fuck for heated windscreens and heated seats. Just hoping I get a truck that has been out during the night.

Edit - shifts for this and next week just been cancelled, v quiet at work  :butt
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:27:47 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4042 on: January 13, 2022, 04:02:20 pm »
It's been beautiful here the last couple of days. 

Both days we've been out in the garden, had the doors open, no heating on till around 4pm and I've even managed to get all the bedding washed and dried on the line today.

It's my birthday tomorrow so hopefully it'll be similar again so we can get out for a long walk somewhere.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: January 14, 2022, 11:05:50 am »
Happy birthday, Anglesey Debs

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: January 26, 2022, 10:58:55 am »
Happy birthday, Anglesey Debs

Ha only just seen this mate.  Thank you.

It was 21° at the top of Snowdon yesterday. 

A weather phenomena known as an inversion apparently as it was barely 2° at its base.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4045 on: February 2, 2022, 05:40:41 pm »
Hey guys we may get to see the Northern Lights tonight in the north west. Anyone sees it, photos on here would be appreciated. Thanks.  ;D

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topstories/can-i-see-the-northern-lights-in-the-uk-tonight-why-solar-storm-could-make-aurora-visible-in-some-areas-today/ar-AATowwE?ocid=uxbndlbing
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: February 2, 2022, 05:45:17 pm »
Hey guys we may get to see the Northern Lights tonight in the north west. Anyone sees it, photos on here would be appreciated. Thanks.  ;D

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topstories/can-i-see-the-northern-lights-in-the-uk-tonight-why-solar-storm-could-make-aurora-visible-in-some-areas-today/ar-AATowwE?ocid=uxbndlbing

They've been visible a few times recently from Anglesey not that we've seen them but quite a few of the community Facebook pages have posted up photos.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4047 on: February 2, 2022, 05:46:54 pm »
They've been visible a few times recently from Anglesey not that we've seen them but quite a few of the community Facebook pages have posted up photos.

Thanks for that Debs, I will take a look on Facebook.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: February 2, 2022, 05:49:46 pm »
Thanks for that Debs, I will take a look on Facebook.

Anglesey socialmedia and images of Anglesey are the pages but you might need to join them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: February 2, 2022, 05:51:23 pm »
Anglesey socialmedia and images of Anglesey are the pages but you might need to join them.

I will take a look, thanks once again.  :D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: February 2, 2022, 05:52:32 pm »
I will take a look, thanks once again.  :D

I've sent you a link via PM

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: February 2, 2022, 05:56:46 pm »
Thanks Debs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: February 2, 2022, 10:33:53 pm »
There was a solar flare on January 31st, but apparently the odds of the UK seeing an aurora are essentially zero. Hope that's wrong though!

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/auroral-activity/auroral-oval.html
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: February 2, 2022, 11:05:30 pm »
There was a solar flare on January 31st, but apparently the odds of the UK seeing an aurora are essentially zero. Hope that's wrong though!

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/auroral-activity/auroral-oval.html

I certainly haven't seen it tonight. Debs said they see them in Anglesey.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: February 2, 2022, 11:06:58 pm »
I certainly haven't seen it tonight. Debs said they see them in Anglesey.

Debs is a lucky sod! ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: February 12, 2022, 09:43:52 am »
It's been pissing down for five hours here,so much for tidying the garden.  :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: February 12, 2022, 10:11:10 am »
It's been pissing down for five hours here,so much for tidying the garden.  :(

I'm fitting new worktops in the kitchen, having to do the cutting in the garage, which doesn't have much space, as it just will not stop pissing down. 3 weeks on the run now its been dry during the week and pissing down of a weekend :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: February 12, 2022, 10:32:16 am »
I'm fitting new worktops in the kitchen, having to do the cutting in the garage, which doesn't have much space, as it just will not stop pissing down. 3 weeks on the run now its been dry during the week and pissing down of a weekend :butt

The last two days it's been like the middle of spring,as soon as I've got a  bit of time on my hands the heavens open.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: February 12, 2022, 07:05:10 pm »
If the weather channel is anything to go by, we've got about two weeks worth of rain/showers. On the plus side, it will be relatively mild, and at least the days are getting longer. Cold comfort if you want to enjoy the weekend or get stuff done though.  :-\

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: February 12, 2022, 09:37:10 pm »
The last two days it's been like the middle of spring,as soon as I've got a  bit of time on my hands the heavens open.

Same here.

My garage is now caked in sawdust, gonna take ages to get it clean :no

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: February 13, 2022, 09:40:47 am »
Same here.

My garage is now caked in sawdust, gonna take ages to get it clean :no

Our garage is permanently caked in sawdust.

The weather's even worse today,perfect 'replace the flooring in the downstairs loo' conditions.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: February 14, 2022, 07:44:11 pm »
Snowed all day sunday in this part of New England,about 5-6 " total,light fluffy so easy to shovel,cold wind today,hoping this is the end of it for this winter.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: February 14, 2022, 07:56:00 pm »
Snowed all day sunday in this part of New England,about 5-6 " total,light fluffy so easy to shovel,cold wind today,hoping this is the end of it for this winter.

Feels like New England has been brutally cold for 3 straight months other than two days last week.

It was 3'F / -16'C here this morning.

There's just no need for it.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: February 15, 2022, 11:19:28 am »

I think New England has possibly the best climate on the planet.

Most years you get proper winters, proper summers - and glorious autumns.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: February 15, 2022, 11:28:52 am »
There's not much being made of it at the moment, as it's kind of come out of nowhere, but Friday is going to bring heavy snow to some areas.

It's part of a nasty little storm feature that's going to run across the country, bringing severe gales for a time. On its northern edge, as the low sucks in cold air from the north, there will be a band of snow running roughly west-east, about 50-100 miles wide.

Trouble is, the path of the low is far from settled, with different output models tacking it on different tracks. The most southerly track showing has the band over mid-Wales/Midlands; the most northerly over the northern half of Scotland.

It could be anywhere in between.

The air in advance of the band isn't particularly cold, so lowland areas (especially if the band is positioned further south) would probably see a rain-to-snow event as evaporative cooling of the air occurs. Depth totals wouldn't be that great and the snow would be slushy. Places with a big of elevation (over 100-150m) would enjoy better snow and deeper totals. With the strong winds, there's a chance of blizzard conditions in some lucky places.

After that, a wintry mix of showers feed in the from the NW, then perhaps a smaller-scale repeat of a band of snow/sleet moving across. But given the uncertainty of the initial feature, it's hard to pin down what happens after.

One thing is for sure, Friday is going to be very windy.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4065 on: February 15, 2022, 08:36:30 pm »
Another storm forecasted for Sunday too.
#Sausages

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: February 15, 2022, 10:00:54 pm »

So much to look forward to.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4067 on: February 15, 2022, 11:04:21 pm »
Like buses, you don't see one for a while, then three turn up at once. 😤
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4068 on: February 16, 2022, 07:07:22 am »
One thing is for sure, Friday is going to be very windy.
Yup. Grim-looking. Seen the model for Sunday yet? Horrific esp in N. Scotland. Nobby when's the last time you saw three storm category systems conveyor-belting into the UK in less than a week? I can't remember ever seeing that.....

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: February 16, 2022, 11:17:53 am »
UK weather: ‘danger to life’ warning for back-to-back storms Dudley and Eunice

Scotland, Northern Ireland and northern England braced for travel and power disruption from 90mph winds

People in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the north of England have been warned to brace themselves for travel disruption, power cuts and fallen trees as back-to-back storms were forecast to bring gusts of up to 90mph in exposed areas.

John Swinney, Scotland’s deputy first minister, said the coming days would be “very challenging” and urged everyone to plan their journeys in advance, exercise caution on the roads, and follow the latest travel advice.

ScotRail said as a safety precaution the vast majority of services would end at 4pm on Wednesday, the estimated start date of Storm Dudley.

Avanti West Coast urged passengers travelling north of Preston to do so before 4pm and said ticket restrictions would be removed. Wednesday tickets could be used on Thursday, it said.

The Met Office issued an amber weather warning for Dudley from 4pm to midnight. That included “injuries and danger to life” from large waves and beach material being thrown on to coastal roads and seafronts.

The strong westerly winds were expected to hit south-west Scotland and northern parts of Northern Ireland before extending across southern Scotland and northern England.

Forecasters were uncertain about the timing and location of the strongest gusts but inland speeds of 60-70mph were likely and “perhaps briefly up to 80mph in a few places”. Exposed coasts and hills could be battered by gusts up to 90mph.

Scotland and northern England may get the worst of the stormy weather but a yellow warning for very strong winds from Storm Dudley was also issued for the Midlands, Wales and parts of East Anglia.

After Dudley would come Storm Eunice, expected from Thursday afternoon to Friday evening. A yellow wind warning for Eunice was in place across all of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and southern Scotland.

Power firms said they were prepared after storms Arwen, Malik and Corrie caused widespread power cuts.

Northern Powergrid said there was a relatively high likelihood of disruption to power supplies. Paul Glendinning, the director of policy and markets, said the company had ensured resources were in place to respond to the storms.

“Our network control engineers have capability to restore power supplies remotely, switching electricity through alternative routes on our network wherever possible to get customers back on supply,” he said.

“In parallel our frontline workforce will be deployed to carry out local switching and repairs to restore power as safely and quickly as the conditions allow.”

Northumberland fire and rescue service urged people to be prepared. That included having batteries for torches and radios and some food that did not need cooking, charging phones and checking in on elderly and disabled neighbours.

The chief fire officer, Paul Hedley, advised residents not to go out in the storms unless it was absolutely necessary.

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution asked people to stay well back from stormy seas and cliff edges.

The east coast train operator LNER said damage to overhead lines had led to the cancellation of a number of trains between Leeds and London on Wednesday. It also said Storm Dudley was likely to bring disruption to services to Scotland.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/16/uk-weather-met-office-danger-life-warning-storms-dudley-eunice-scotland-northern-ireland-england

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: February 16, 2022, 01:24:05 pm »
Yup. Grim-looking. Seen the model for Sunday yet? Horrific esp in N. Scotland. Nobby when's the last time you saw three storm category systems conveyor-belting into the UK in less than a week? I can't remember ever seeing that.....

There's another shaping up for next Tuesday, too (again affecting mostly Scotland - at the moment).

Very rare, as you say!

There's a huge area of low pressure well to the north of the UK, and it keeps spinning off shortwave lows, which cyclogenesis into distinct features themselves. Would you agree that the warmer Atlantic sea surface temps are aiding this? Here's latest anomalies from average, and the North Atlantic is almost universally above average:

For most of the winter, the Jetstream has been weak, as the Polar Vortex has for long periods been fragmented. The Jet began to fire up a couple of weeks ago but has now become meridional and buckled (at least in the western hemisphere), allowing the Atlantic lows to trough far south.

The Met Office are making a big deal out of Eunice because of where it's likely to hit hardest. This is the initial impact zone, and those reds over the coast of Cornwall and into the Bristol Channel are at the top of the scale - and remember these are mean sustained wind speeds; gusts in those areas are likely to be 90-100mph (perhaps even higher)

Those peak winds move east along the south coast and don't really dissipate - and I think the biggest worry is when they hit the South East mid-afternoon.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: February 16, 2022, 01:27:57 pm »
It's also now looking like more consensus is building for the snow band to be further north than here. Most likely area being north of a line from about Morecambe Bay to the Humber Estuary. But still time to correct southwards (fingers crossed!!)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: February 16, 2022, 02:00:36 pm »
Would you agree that the warmer Atlantic sea surface temps are aiding this?

Those peak winds move east along the south coast and don't really dissipate - and I think the biggest worry is when they hit the South East mid-afternoon.
Indubitably - and yikes that's some grim weather right there!  :-[

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4073 on: February 16, 2022, 05:40:56 pm »
Hold onto your hats...  😲
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: February 16, 2022, 06:09:38 pm »
Flying out of Manchester airport at 6am tomorrow. Expecting a bumpy take-off.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: February 16, 2022, 07:00:34 pm »
Flying out of Manchester airport at 6am tomorrow. Expecting a bumpy take-off.
Point the plane in the right direction and you won't need engines mate.......

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Windy
« Reply #4076 on: February 16, 2022, 08:17:47 pm »
Innit?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Windy
« Reply #4077 on: February 16, 2022, 08:42:29 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: February 16, 2022, 09:14:23 pm »
Just a bit.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #4079 on: February 16, 2022, 10:23:33 pm »
The Man City plane coming back from Portugal earlier couldn't land at Manchester and had to divert to Liverpool.  ;D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."