Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6753440 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Everton/FC Sexy - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #37320 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:33 pm »
Yeah it stinks if they get any cash for it from the council, even loaned. Still, maybe he can shut a load of childrens centres, libaries or maybe even cut the homeless budget or something. Maybe empty the bins just once every 2 months. No wonder he's desperate to raise the council tax as much as possible. I do not trust that fat c*nt in the slightest and dont think he gives a fuck about anyone in this city apart from himself, Everton and looking after his mates.

We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Going on past form I would say sweet fuck all.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37321 on: March 22, 2017, 10:05:09 pm »
every Bitter i've spoken to cant wait for the derby...all seem convinced that 'Rom' is going to sign off by giving us a twatting

I love it when they're confident before Derby day. It's like they never learn.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37322 on: March 22, 2017, 10:05:47 pm »
to be fair that's probably one of the rare times he's right, saw a video of ped from got saying the club are saying capacity is between 60-80k, 60k is probably the top end of the sense scale but how the fhck willed they ever plan to fill more than that, personally think over 55k to start with is madness
People used to throw around figures like this for the expansion of Anfield. If you build a 60K stadium to one day expand to 80K you still have to do the groundwork for an 80K stadium now. And then you start gambling on x happening, and then y and then z on the remote chance that Everton will some day need an 80K stadium. Pie in the sky stuff.

Does the free stadium rumour have anything to do with Durban pulling out if the Commonwealth games?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37323 on: March 22, 2017, 10:20:24 pm »
Does the free stadium rumour have anything to do with Durban pulling out if the Commonwealth games?
would wager that's fat joes excuse, will use Manchester as someone who has done something like that.

Still haven't got the games tho, so it'd be hilarious if Liverpool didn't get the commonwealth games, not that anyone would care bar hotel owners

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37324 on: March 22, 2017, 10:30:48 pm »
It's a conspiracy.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37325 on: March 22, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »
would wager that's fat joes excuse, will use Manchester as someone who has done something like that.

Still haven't got the games tho, so it'd be hilarious if Liverpool didn't get the commonwealth games, not that anyone would care bar hotel owners
So many variables.

They're as giddy as school girls over on GoT. I hope this won't be like the Riquelme transfer.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37326 on: March 22, 2017, 10:44:04 pm »
So many variables.

They're as giddy as school girls over on GoT. I hope this won't be like the Riquelme transfer.
remember reading in the MEN a while ago that mancs and brum are interested and the government aren't too keen on Liverpool getting it and they prefer Birmingham, if true the Tories have some good stuff!

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37327 on: March 22, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
Can't sleep, got a premonition my head is going to inexplicably fall off tomorrow.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37328 on: March 22, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »
remember reading in the MEN a while ago that mancs and brum are interested and the government aren't too keen on Liverpool getting it and they prefer Birmingham, if true the Tories have some good stuff!
If the Tories want it going to Birmingham, I'm a bit... hmmmm. If it's good for the city and by some miracle they end up getting a free stadium, so what? They're still Everton.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37329 on: March 22, 2017, 10:57:11 pm »
If the Tories want it going to Birmingham, I'm a bit... hmmmm. If it's good for the city and by some miracle they end up getting a free stadium, so what? They're still Everton.
the money would be better spent on services right now than a stadium for a two week event in 5 years?

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37330 on: March 22, 2017, 11:10:06 pm »
the money would be better spent on services right now than a stadium for a two week event in 5 years?
That's why I said miracle. Incredibly hard to justify in this economic climate.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37331 on: March 22, 2017, 11:38:59 pm »
That's why I said miracle. Incredibly hard to justify in this economic climate.
if you support them it's easy to justify, and moshiri of course who fat joe will have made so much richer for doing him this solid

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37332 on: March 23, 2017, 12:41:26 am »
Sound City who have used the Bramley Moore Dock site for the last few years have sacked it off and using a bigger site at Clarence Dock.
If you were to build a stadium for Commonwealth games surely Clarence dock site would be better suited.

But Clarence Dock really is prime land, and I thought Peel had big plans for that part of the riverfront.
Bramley Moore area is far less desirable, being right next to the sewage farm and close to the scrap metal wastelands. Quite apt putting them there, really.  ;)

If those council rumours are true, surely there would be complete uproar? How is it in any way justifiable when services are cut to the bone and we can't even fill in the potholes in the roads, never mind fill in a dock and build a stadium a club which suppopsedly has 'billions' should be paying for itself. Also, a club that has no need to expand capacity anyway. Even if they did need a few thousand extra seats they could expand the Park End. Surely they have the room to do that now?

Facts are, this whole push by them to get a new stadium is rooted in their sheer horror when we built the new Main Stand. I know it fried the brains of many Bitters, and even prompted their club to build a ridiculous tower in the corner of their ground to block out the view of ours. Everything they do is driven by what we do, and this new stadium thing is no different. To be honest, without us as the benchmark which they always strive to surpass (and always fail) I think they'd have slid into oblivion long ago. Without us to measure themselves against, they simply have no other genuine ambition or cause. I imagine they believe a new stadium is some sort of game changer, but if we look around, how many other new build stadiums have been massive game changers? It's like all their fans care about is penis waving. It's actually hilarious to witness.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37333 on: March 23, 2017, 07:15:52 am »
The city council are allowed to borrow money to fund commercial projects that can generate a profit for the council which can then be used to fund services , they cannot borrow to fund said services . But I would imagine that a risk assessment must be done on the said project . And with a 60000 plus there is a huge risk , repayments I would imagine would be based on a certain break even attendance and surely other factors like relegation , loss of tv revenue would all be taken into consideration ...would this be voted through by councillors , I doubt it very much . The council can help with the infrastructure but Im not sure they will take on a 300 million pound stadium ....has the mayor the power to go on this alone .

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37334 on: March 23, 2017, 07:23:07 am »
Shit. It's announcement day. My head feels like it's going to fall off.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37335 on: March 23, 2017, 07:23:55 am »
The city council are allowed to borrow money to fund commercial projects that can generate a profit for the council which can then be used to fund services , they cannot borrow to fund said services . But I would imagine that a risk assessment must be done on the said project . And with a 60000 plus there is a huge risk , repayments I would imagine would be based on a certain break even attendance and surely other factors like relegation , loss of tv revenue would all be taken into consideration ...would this be voted through by councillors , I doubt it very much . The council can help with the infrastructure but Im not sure they will take on a 300 million pound stadium ....has the mayor the power to go on this alone .
spurs stadium is costing them around £800m, this one will be £500m minimum

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #37336 on: March 23, 2017, 07:28:02 am »
If the city council borrows £300 million to build / help build this stadium for Efc , at this time of cuts to our social services and poor maintenance of our infrastructure, it will be a public relations disaster for blue Joe. However they spin it as a money making scheme for the next thirty years, it is more likely to be a toxic debt for Liverpool council tax payers to deal with, if and more likely when the mega rich blues fail to fill it to capacity (60,000) every week. We will ALL end up supporting them to make sure our nans can be looked after and our bins emptied.
For once they may be right that our heads will fall off , but only if they don't pay to build their own ground -we do.
Anderson out.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37337 on: March 23, 2017, 07:36:16 am »

I agree with everything but the £300 million bit. Isn't the land costing £50 million alone? That's before the work is actually done to change the ground to be suitable for a 60'000+ seater stadium, and the actual build itself. I'd imagine easily £500 million.

If the likes of Lukaku is sold this summer, whose to say that next season they aren't fighting relegation? I would imagine any council to approve this, they would need to be getting top 4 consistently, and be already filling there ground to capacity. Imagine Everton having that size stadium and they having a collapse the size of Leeds for example, who would pay for it then?

If and its a big IF this gets announced today that the council are paying for it, I think you'll start to see the true fight of the city of Liverpool, to ensure this never gets approved, after the cuts and rise in taxes in Liverpool, there is no way we are funding this.

To add, I would love the commonwealth games in Liverpool, and I do think it would be fantastic for the city, but it just isn't feasible right now, when the city is about as poor as its been in a long time.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:39:25 am by get confused »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37338 on: March 23, 2017, 07:57:39 am »
I did pluck the £300 million out of the air and the land purchase may well be covered by moshiris trillions , the 2 points I was trying to make where 1-  the council can legally borrow for projects like this but not for services and 2 the fact there is a huge element of risk in this and surely one person alone cannot rubber stamp this and it could easily go tits up . As has been said any default would be borne by the council tax payer . Any council funds borrowed or otherwise that may be used in this stadium project is going to be under intense scrutiny and politically and legally challenged possibly . Suppose it will all be in the detail but none of us will be able to read it as all our heads will have fell off

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #37339 on: March 23, 2017, 08:28:24 am »
The chances of this stadium ever being built are slim. Funding wise it makes little sense; their desire and determination to out-do whatever we do will ultimately be their downfall. It will be their downfall because either A, their sights will be set too high and it will never come to fruition or because B, it actually does get built and they are left with thousands upon thousands of empty seats, tonnes of debt and little to show for it on the pitch.

I thought Moshiri was a multi-trillionaire? I thought his best mate Usmanov was behind all this, the man who has more money than everybody else on the planet combined? If so, why are they seemingly doing this through the council, especially during times of excessive and extreme cuts to services across the borough? It's unjustifiable, and that isn't me being bitter. This is a vanity project from the pie crust snorting wizard with no regards for the majority of people he is supposed to represent.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #37340 on: March 23, 2017, 08:37:13 am »
Shit. It's announcement day. My head feels like it's going to fall off.

Just checking. Mine is still firmly attached to shoulders. Bit stiff in the neck though.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37341 on: March 23, 2017, 09:19:28 am »
You would hope for their sake it actually happens, because the way the echo have been hyping it from 7am, it would be the ultimate 'got our hopes up for nothing' moment.

Some of this stuff  :lmao

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-bramley-moore-stadium-announcement-12780955
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37342 on: March 23, 2017, 10:11:09 am »
I'm really not fussed if LCC lend them the money. In fact, it'd be good for the city because:

It'll help kick start Liverpool Waters
It's not money they could EVER borrow to fund services
LCC will make a profit which they CAN use to run services
The loan with likely by guaranteed by Moshiri et al, so they would have to stump up personally if the Ev can't pay
More visitors to the city
Potential for Commonwealth Games use
Potential for multi-use
Re-use of Goodison, likely as housing in partnership with Riverside or something.

Any fears regarding their capacity being larger than our is pretty childish, in my view. In any event, the Mancs have had a bigger stadium than us since year dot. pretty much and we've spent decades making them look daft.

Good look to em.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37343 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:22 am »
All this build up, you just know it's going to end up as a massive let down for them.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37344 on: March 23, 2017, 10:24:43 am »
Can they fill a 50,000 seater, they struggle enough selling out the current one. In fact they are forever flogging off tickets on our council website.  ;D
Sold out every game this season in league.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37345 on: March 23, 2017, 10:29:56 am »
I'm really not fussed if LCC lend them the money. In fact, it'd be good for the city because:

It'll help kick start Liverpool Waters
It's not money they could EVER borrow to fund services
LCC will make a profit which they CAN use to run services
The loan with likely by guaranteed by Moshiri et al, so they would have to stump up personally if the Ev can't pay
More visitors to the city
Potential for Commonwealth Games use
Potential for multi-use
Re-use of Goodison, likely as housing in partnership with Riverside or something.

Any fears regarding their capacity being larger than our is pretty childish, in my view. In any event, the Mancs have had a bigger stadium than us since year dot. pretty much and we've spent decades making them look daft.

Good look to em.
Ditto.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37346 on: March 23, 2017, 10:32:32 am »

Is this Arsenal and Man City style sold out? Because whenever I've seen them on TV they've had plenty of empty seats.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #37347 on: March 23, 2017, 10:38:47 am »
I really don't see how that slime ball Anderson can convince a cash strapped council that's making cuts to the bone to services across the board the they should fund a 60-80000 seater stadium unless these  2 base criteria are met.....
1- they sell out every home game and have waiting lists for season tickets.
2-they regularly finish in the top 4 which brings in more games and revenue.

It's a no on both counts so there's no way they can agree it no matter how Hard Anderson spins the Snake Oil hard sell.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #37348 on: March 23, 2017, 10:42:26 am »
They haven't mate, they offer the tickets on matchday, case in point my brother who's a blue bought his on matchday against west Brom 2 Saturday's ago and could pretty much pick were he sat with his father in law.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37349 on: March 23, 2017, 11:01:29 am »
I really don't see how that slime ball Anderson can convince a cash strapped council that's making cuts to the bone to services across the board the they should fund a 60-80000 seater stadium unless these  2 base criteria are met.....

It's a no on both counts so there's no way they can agree it no matter how Hard Anderson spins the Snake Oil hard sell.

Quite easily actually. If the deal makes profit to LCC, then it's a no brainer. In fact, if it looks like a money spinner for LCC, they'll be desperate for the deal. Remember also that the mayoral role has much more power than the old Council leader so it's pretty much a sealed deal if the Mayor wants it. The Cabinet needs to approve it but it's the mayor who hires and fires the cabinet.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37350 on: March 23, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
To be honest I don't know all the details but if in the long run this makes a profit for the city and brings in more investment then I'm all for it. My dad and brothers are blues (sensible ones) and I've never grown up with this bitterness towards them and really wouldn't put a football rivalry before needs of the city I grew up in before anything.

As long as the city benefits in the long run, then I'll be happy to see it. Even if it does mean a load of seething, bitter whoppers thinking they've somehow got one up on us.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:25:15 am by Andy82lfc »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37351 on: March 23, 2017, 11:07:46 am »
If it's so profitable and guaranteed then why would LCC need to loan it them, why not go to one of the many financial institutions who would surely be more than happy to lend?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37352 on: March 23, 2017, 11:08:40 am »
I'm not bothered and don't see what all the fuss is about. I want them to have a new stadium and anything that improves the city is a good thing. Getting a new stadium doesn't change anything at all. Yet to see their new owner splash any cash. It's on the pitch where stuff matters. Don't mind if the football is played down the prom in front of five people. Performances on the pitch are what matters.if they can get a good stadium built cost effective for themselves then I say good luck to them .
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #37353 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:58 am »
Quite easily actually. If the deal makes profit to LCC, then it's a no brainer. In fact, if it looks like a money spinner for LCC, they'll be desperate for the deal. Remember also that the mayoral role has much more power than the old Council leader so it's pretty much a sealed deal if the Mayor wants it. The Cabinet needs to approve it but it's the mayor who hires and fires the cabinet.

Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #37354 on: March 23, 2017, 11:23:34 am »

That's my point mate 'IF' they make a profit on there investment. Where's the proof they will? The answer to my 2 main points for making profit are 'NO'
A 40000 seater stadium that the council could use for commenwealth games/events would be far more achievable as a commercial investment and as such be great for the city, but a mega bowl with empty seats that's main purpose is to overtake us (as if we care) would be crazy from an investment sense.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37355 on: March 23, 2017, 11:27:04 am »

Different funding streams. Such a project comes from Capital investment, not  Revenue
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37356 on: March 23, 2017, 11:28:30 am »
That's my point mate 'IF' they make a profit on there investment. Where's the proof they will? The answer to my 2 main points for making profit are 'NO'
A 40000 seater stadium that the council could use for commenwealth games/events would be far more achievable as a commercial investment and as such be great for the city, but a mega bowl with empty seats that's main purpose is to overtake us (as if we care) would be crazy from an investment sense.

It'll be underwritten by Moshiri. If The Ev get relegated LCC are still likely to profit...In any event, it's good to see LCC taking a punt on things like this.  We ain't getting revenue funding from central government.  Welcome to the future!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37357 on: March 23, 2017, 11:31:30 am »
It'll be underwritten by Moshiri. If The Ev get relegated LCC are still likely to profit...In any event, it's good to see LCC taking a punt on things like this.  We ain't getting revenue funding from central government.  Welcome to the future!
rumour is the council are underwriting it

Btw their game revenues are around £20m a year so how much are they expecting it to go up?

Also, assuming it's a council stadium would they make money off non match day events like concerts

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37358 on: March 23, 2017, 11:49:20 am »
Profit and Everton in the same sentence does not compute.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37359 on: March 23, 2017, 12:05:22 pm »

Viewing the thread for actual news and all you get is this shit! Amazing they are supposedly announcing a new stadium and pretty much every post on that thread is not "It will be amazing to have new facilities, we can finally progress" "Bring in more money to get better players" etc but "The RS heads" "RAWK says...". Really, really weird. Someone link me up to the meltdown too please, theres only been about 15 posts in this thread today, most of which were saying it was good for the city!

Had a look at a Spurs forum to see if little local neighbours are all the same but they just seem to be enjoying their good news on the stadium front and updating the thread on the progress rather than "Arsenal mania....." "Arsenal heads...." etc.