Author Topic: Jimmy Greaves  (Read 5348 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2020, 02:06:50 pm »
There's a documentary on him on BT Sport tomorrow after our game has finished.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2020, 07:43:59 pm »
There's a documentary on him on BT Sport tomorrow after our game has finished.

Yep starts 10.30pm
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2020, 10:12:06 pm »
Waiting on it now
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 12:20:40 am »
Think he once scored 5 in a match against us. Spurs beat us 7-2 I think

That was amazing. I'll never forget it. We beat them 5-2 at Anfield on Easter saturday after being 2-0 down at half time and then 2 days later at White hart lane on the easter Monday they tonked us 7-2. Didn't remember Greavesie got 5 but he would wouldn't he - I probably tried hard to forget! I think that may have been the same year they also beat Everton 10-4 and Crewe 13-2.

:)

Just watching the documentary now. What a goalscorer he was. Cool as a cucumber.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:36:52 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 12:37:16 am »
That was amazing. We beat them 5-2 at Anfield on Easter saturday after being 2-0 down at half time and then 2 days later at White hart lane on the easter Monday they tonked us 7-2. Didn't remember Greavesie got 4 but probably tried hard to forget! I think that may have been the same year they beat Everton 10-4 and Crewe 13-2.

:)

Just watching the documentary now. What a goalscorer he was. Cool as a cucumber.

When you see the state of the pitches he played on, then the shithouse tackling back then & that was allowed too, you wonder how many he'd score today with today's mostly immaculate pitches & rules?
#Sausages

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2020, 12:46:04 am »
When you see the state of the pitches he played on, then the shithouse tackling back then & that was allowed too, you wonder how many he'd score today with today's mostly immaculate pitches & rules?

I agree. Greaves was one of those players with an immaculate touch even on a cabbage patch so god knows just how easy it would be for the likes of him and Bestie on the bowling greens of today

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2020, 04:32:45 pm »
I agree. Greaves was one of those players with an immaculate touch even on a cabbage patch so god knows just how easy it would be for the likes of him and Bestie on the bowling greens of today

I really enjoyed the programme - no ‘hype’, lots of honesty about the drinking culture, and loads of evidence about just a) how good he was and b) what a good bloke.

Along with our own Robbie Fowler, the best finisher I’ve witnessed in domestic football, the guy was pure quality.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 12:42:32 am »
I really enjoyed the programme - no ‘hype’, lots of honesty about the drinking culture, and loads of evidence about just a) how good he was and b) what a good bloke.

Along with our own Robbie Fowler, the best finisher I’ve witnessed in domestic football, the guy was pure quality.

I've only watched half an hour of it so far - including one of his goals against us down there - but it's been a wonderful trip down memory lane. Looking forward to the rest.