Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2608182 times)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #22360 on: August 31, 2020, 04:08:24 pm »
I was astounded by the absolute joy expressed by Spurs fans at the signing of Matt Doherty. A 28-yr old RB signed from Wolves who I assume will be an upgrade on Aurier but that much happiness at his signing?

I wonder what Spurs fans aspirations are for the coming season. Should be hoping for a top 4 finish, although they are further away than most clubs to getting it. Dare I say, Wolves probably have a better chance.

I think if one had to watch Serge Aurier attempt to play football week in and week out, just about anybody else playing in that position would be a massive upgrade and worthy of great celebration.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22361 on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:34 pm »
if you wonder why spurs never win anything, watch Harry Kane's pre match motivational speeches. He couldve been in the Sparta 300.
Any videos out yet?
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22362 on: August 31, 2020, 04:19:47 pm »
That Twitter video of Mourinho hahahaha.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #22363 on: August 31, 2020, 04:20:05 pm »
Mourinho is hilarious in the Amazon documentary, playing up for the cameras, lots of Partridge / David Brent moments, being a pompous twat, but for some reason I quite like him and his twat ways
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22364 on: August 31, 2020, 04:23:05 pm »
Mourinho is hilarious in the Amazon documentary, playing up for the cameras, lots of Partridge / David Brent moments, being a pompous twat, but for some reason I quite like him and his twat ways

Mourinho's office chats are up there with david brent. Levy comes across like a right twat though.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #22365 on: August 31, 2020, 04:30:36 pm »
That Twitter video of Mourinho hahahaha.

https://twitter.com/AndyHa_/status/1300357059750363136?s=20

This is the real clip, never mind the fake ones going around   ;)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #22366 on: August 31, 2020, 04:32:57 pm »
Is that real? It's amazing! ;D
It’s completely staged and scripted. They could’ve at least hired two better actors. If the doc is going to contain contrived fake drama like that, I think I’ll give it a miss.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22367 on: August 31, 2020, 04:49:35 pm »
I'm really enjoying this so far- I do love these behind the scenes footy documentaries although they can be cringe.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22368 on: August 31, 2020, 04:49:56 pm »
Yes he's a twat but you gotta admit you can't help watching him even with the partridge and gervais moments. Watching pep was like watching fucking paint dry. Maureen is at least entertaining
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #22369 on: August 31, 2020, 04:51:29 pm »
Remember how much stick Brendan got after our series for being like David Brent, i look forward to all the memes about Mourinho this time around!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #22370 on: August 31, 2020, 04:51:39 pm »
He is custom made for reality tv. Comedy gold
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22371 on: August 31, 2020, 05:01:01 pm »
Harry Kane's team talks seem to consist of him saying fuck a lot and can't make out the rest of it.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22372 on: August 31, 2020, 05:01:16 pm »
Its one of those things that you love to see but you dont want your own club to do.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22373 on: August 31, 2020, 05:04:06 pm »
https://twitter.com/AndyHa_/status/1300357059750363136?s=20

This is the real clip, never mind the fake ones going around   ;)
:D

Chelsea fans are so fucking cringe.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #22374 on: August 31, 2020, 05:39:40 pm »
The whole Mended thing stinks to high heaven,
Definitely fixed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22375 on: August 31, 2020, 06:07:48 pm »
Definitely fixed

more like a patchwork quilt

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #22376 on: August 31, 2020, 08:10:15 pm »
if you wonder why spurs never win anything, watch Harry Kane's pre match motivational speeches. He couldve been in the Sparta 300.
Alright guys, lets fucking win this fucking game.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22377 on: August 31, 2020, 08:23:33 pm »
I'm watching episode 2. Its fascinating to see all the stuff behind the scenes but I understand why Jurgen said he'd never allow it. I'm liking Mourinho more. He's a twat but underneath it all there's a decent fella. I think age has taught him some humility. But the most hilarious thing is Harry Kane's motivational speech before the game against Olympiakos. Its hilariously awful. He's as inspiring as a wet Sunday in Grimsby
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #22378 on: August 31, 2020, 08:28:27 pm »
I have amazon prime so i'll binge watch this when all the episodes are released, even though some of it seems staged, it looks miled better than that dull City one they did.
#Sausages

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22379 on: August 31, 2020, 08:39:45 pm »
Mourinho's conversation with Delle Alli is pretty amazing to watch

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #22380 on: August 31, 2020, 10:08:15 pm »
seen citys and the first few of this and spurs players and stuff come off way better than city. Some really likeable characters among them. Also Mourinho is way more authentic than Pep. Oh and two things:

1. Levy is a fucking midget
2. How does Son speak better english than Kane?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22381 on: August 31, 2020, 10:18:27 pm »
Just keep the cameras rolling until it eventually goes tits up. Mourinho at United documentary would have been blockbuster. Couldn't care less about the pr puff pieces with the places, just here for some Mourinho gems.

The City one was shite, only watched the episode were we beat them.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #22382 on: August 31, 2020, 11:10:22 pm »
Watched the three that have been released so far and what has come across is how inspiring Sir Harold's pre-match team talks are!

I'm amazed that Spurs don't win every game after them!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #22383 on: August 31, 2020, 11:16:07 pm »
The Dele Ali discussion about how you brush your teeth was great too, particularly how confused he looked after the other bloke didn't do it the same way he did!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #22384 on: August 31, 2020, 11:39:02 pm »
Jan Vertonghen comes across as a top bloke. I’m not sure why Spurs didn’t offer him an additional year to his contract as they severely lack players with leadership skills.

Love him or hate him, Mourinho is a brilliant to watch and the little things he picked up on after being there a day or two was crucial for their immediate up turn in form.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22385 on: September 1, 2020, 01:07:51 am »
Its more a Jose documentary than a Spurs one. Which is why its fun.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22386 on: September 1, 2020, 03:36:17 am »
Fascinating stuff again. Can’t help but like Mourinho in this, he’s been great to see behind the scenes.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #22387 on: September 1, 2020, 10:10:30 am »
Mourinho has always come across pretty well when it's been behind the scenes stuff or as a pundit.  But it's so difficult to separate that from the way be behaves as a manager.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22388 on: September 1, 2020, 10:10:47 am »
It's a shame that they didn't spend longer on the start of the season. I was looking forward to seeing exactly why it went wrong but there was no behind the stuff bits shown until Pochetino got sacked. I wonder if some legal battle happened which meant they couldn't show it.

Loved Mourinho watching Sky Sports News when he first got the job. Nodding in agreement when they were bigging up his record and then swearing at the TV when he didn't agree with it.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22389 on: September 1, 2020, 10:17:10 am »
I was expecting a bit more tactical nous from Mourinho, seems more of a motivator than a tactician. At least he figured out quickly that Spurs are c*nts and he wants to turn them from soft c*nts to hard c*nts.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22390 on: September 1, 2020, 10:23:46 am »
Mourinho has always come across pretty well when it's been behind the scenes stuff or as a pundit.  But it's so difficult to separate that from the way be behaves as a manager.

I am quite conflicted about him. He is very evidently quite passionate about football and the work he does, and he gets carried away quite easily in the midst of highly emotionally charged scenarios. His eye-gouging of Tito was reprehensible.

However, it seems he has matured a bit more since then. His career obviously hasn't progressed in the way he has wanted it in the last few years and it pisses him off no doubt, but away from all the football drama, he seems like a genuinely nice guy who anyone would get along with.

Put him in a high-pressure scenario and you see an absolute c*nt. In more relaxed scenarios, he comes across as likable and fun. So I'm sure whether I like him or not, though I lean towards liking him more than disliking him.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22391 on: September 1, 2020, 10:26:37 am »
I did spot that Dier speaks very good portugese. I know he spent a short period playing there but his language skills are surprising. You could also tell that Poch really didn`t master the language at all which really isn`t good for a top tier manager who had been here for quite a number of years.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #22392 on: September 1, 2020, 10:33:06 am »
I did spot that Dier speaks very good portugese. I know he spent a short period playing there but his language skills are surprising.

He lived in Portugal for a decade from when he was a kid. He's also apparently learned Spanish now and most of his friends at the club are the Spanish speakers since Vertonghen left

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22393 on: September 1, 2020, 11:04:58 am »
He lived in Portugal for a decade from when he was a kid. He's also apparently learned Spanish now and most of his friends at the club are the Spanish speakers since Vertonghen left

Didn`t know that. Explains it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22394 on: September 1, 2020, 11:10:14 am »

It was something really random but think his mum got a job out there related to Euro 2004 and whilst living there he was then scouted and got involved with the Sporting Lisbon youth set up. He hasn’t kicked on and isn’t great these days but quite a cool story and a different route to the upper levels of English football than you usually hear.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22395 on: September 1, 2020, 11:10:59 am »
He was part of their illustrious youth centre back pairing with one Tiago Ilori, wasn't he?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #22396 on: September 1, 2020, 11:12:12 am »
His Ma was one of the project leads on Euro 2004's hospitality programmes so the family moved to Portugal and from the ages of 7-20 he lived in the Algarve and Lisbon and played for Sporting, to supplement the information given above. He made about 25-30 appearances for the first team in his late teens/early 20s, then moved to Spurs so his formative years developing really were all in Portugal.

Really isn't as technical as you'd often see from a Portuguese player, nor as defensively adept as the likes of Carvalho, Pepe etc but it's always good to have English players embedded in more than just our own insular culture.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22397 on: September 1, 2020, 11:17:46 am »
It was something really random but think his mum got a job out there related to Euro 2004 and whilst living there he was then scouted and got involved with the Sporting Lisbon youth set up. He hasn’t kicked on and isn’t great these days but quite a cool story and a different route to the upper levels of English football than you usually hear.
Amazing also that Sporting is one of the best academies in football and Dier came from it and looks like he came from Burnley's academy, such a limited footballer with more brawn than technique.

He'd look a better player playing for Burnley, Sheff United and Palace.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22398 on: September 1, 2020, 11:46:15 am »
Thanks for the info on Dier. Very interesting back story that I really wasn`t aware of. Good for him. The fact that he has also learnt Spanish as well does help to combat the cliche image of thick footballers. I always marvel at foreign players who come here and speak better English than some of the English players.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22399 on: September 1, 2020, 11:56:34 am »
Jan Vertonghen comes across as a top bloke. I’m not sure why Spurs didn’t offer him an additional year to his contract as they severely lack players with leadership skills.

Love him or hate him, Mourinho is a brilliant to watch and the little things he picked up on after being there a day or two was crucial for their immediate up turn in form.

Probably because he wasn't very good and made some absolute howling errors for Spurs, more so as his career has gone on.  Done the same in recent time for Belgium, one from their Euro qualifier with Bosnia springs to mind.  He really isn't a CB, well not one that is suited to the Premier League.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 12:03:44 pm by latortuga »