Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 185349 times)

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #720 on: December 29, 2018, 01:22:57 am »
I think he'll move on myself, I know he's liked but I think with a decent offer and we'll accept

I dunno. We made him sign a new contract before his loan so we still feel that he can make the cut. Both his loan managers have been very impressed with him so there's something there. I reckon he'll have another couple seasons on loan and then take Milner's spot if he does well. If not, then he'll still have takers.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #721 on: December 29, 2018, 10:38:16 am »
I dunno. We made him sign a new contract before his loan so we still feel that he can make the cut. Both his loan managers have been very impressed with him so there's something there. I reckon he'll have another couple seasons on loan and then take Milner's spot if he does well. If not, then he'll still have takers.

Klopp seems to have a knack of making anyone fucking amazing so we may yet have a world beater in him for all we know :D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: December 29, 2018, 10:49:13 am »
Update from the past 6 weeks:

Harry Wilson - Derby - Wilson has started all 7 games since the last update and completed 90 minutes in all but one of them. He scored 5 goals in that time across 4 different games, taking his tally for the season to 9 goals (8 league) and 2 assists in 22 games. Derby are currently still in 6th place and therefore in the play off spots, although have started to fall off the pace for automatic promotion, 9 points behind 2nd and 12 behind 1st.

Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Ejaria played a final 4 games for Rangers before cutting the loan spell short, apparently because he hadn't settled there but there are other speculated reasons. He completed his spell with Rangers having made 23 starts (inc. 9 in Europa League), 5 sub appearances, scoring twice and assisting once.

Ryan Kent - Rangers - Unfortunately for him and Rangers, still carrying an injury. He missed the final 3 games of Rangers' Europa League group stage which saw them take just 1 point, having taken 5 from the 3 he started in. Rangers are still 2nd in the league but 3 points behind Celtic who have a game in hand, with the old firm coming up tomorrow. No news as far as I can see on whether Kent will be available or not, but I'd assume not.

Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - This loan has been a bit of a disaster for Taiwo after having such an impressive run in this same league last season. Gent were eliminated from the Europa League in the qualifying rounds, and after the first few games of the season he lost his starting spot and has been limited to cameos from the bench since, having not completed 90 minutes since September. Overall, he has 3 goals in 22 games, with 0 of those goals coming in the league. Would not be surprised to see (another) recall here as he shown last season he's capable of scoring goals when played.

Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Stats for this guy have evaded me since we signed him! He's at Gent (same club as Awoniyi) but hasn't made a match day squad, so I assume he's playing for their U23 side.

Allan - Frankfurt - Allan is still out injured, but has an estimated return date of Dec 31 so we may see his comeback once the Bundesliga returns from its winter break. After initially failing to get any gametime for Frankfurt Allan had started to pick up some minutes before his injury, so hopefully they'll continue to give him chances once he's back. They're 6th in his absence, 4 points outside the CL spots.

Shamal George - Tranmere - Still playing back up to the more experienced Scott Davies. Made 3 appearances in total, 1 in the League Cup and 2 in the EFL Trophy, they lost those 3 games. Davies has been the first choice for FA Cup games, which they're still in (they have Spurs next week). As for Tranmere they're having a decent season, challenging for a play off spot having only been promoted this summer, and as already mentioned still in the FA Cup.

Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - 6 clean sheets in 17 league games for Bogdan so far, although Hibernian are down in a disappointing 8th.

Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - We have probably seen the end of this disastrous loan spell for Woodburn, with him having returned to Liverpool a couple of weeks ago with an injury. If it is the end, then he leaves Sheff Utd having made just 7 league appearances, failing to complete 90 minutes, and only having featured in 1 game since September (which was a 10 minute appearance from the bench).

Herbie Kane - Since the last update Kane has been given a new contract here and extended his loan spell at Doncaster. According to Doncaster's manager he had the opportunity to play in the Championship but along with us agreed he was developing well at Doncaster and would continue there: “Herbie could have gone to seven or eight Championship clubs, or four or five top end League One clubs,” said Rovers boss Grant McCann. “But what he believes is that he is developing well here. Liverpool believe that he is developing well here and we’re delighted to have him. I think this will give him a great grounding for next year. “Hopefully that’s with us. If it ‘s not with us, the boy is going to have a huge career in the Championship next year.” He's completed 90 minutes in all 6 of the league games since the last update, scoring 3 and assisting 1. His form is helping Doncaster challenge for promotion, currently in 7th, and they still remain in the FA Cup, with an away tie at Championship Preston up in Round 3.

Danny Ings - Southampton - A change in management at Southampton since the last update, which has saw Ings start 3 and score 3. He now has 7 league goals in 14 games, averaging 1 every 146 minutes.

Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - Returned from injury and scored 1 in 3 games but then picked up another injury and has missed the past 3 games, although he hopes to be fit by the time the Bundesliga returns after winter break. In better news, they love him there! Here's a quote from their manager: “I've been at Hertha for 22 years, this isn't meant as an insult to anyone else, but Marko is by far the best midfielder I've seen in my time at the club. I was a defensive midfielder and managed to score 17 goals, which isn't bad. But Marko carries much more of a goal threat. He's got a sensational shot on him and is much better than I was. He can play anywhere in midfield. He's got so much potential. He's good in the air, he wins tackles and has got such a strong desire to win.” Hertha are 8th after 17 games.

Connor Randall - Rochdale - Randall made his return from injury sooner than expected, playing for the first time in 3 months at the end of November. He only managed 40 minutes though and hasn't made a match day squad since, so I assume he picked up another knock but haven't been able to find any confirmation on that.

Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Played all 6 games since the last update keeping 2 clean sheets in the meantime, making it 3 clean sheets in 13 league games. Beşiktaş are a very disappointing 7th in the league, 9 points behind 1st. They're also now out of the Europa League, finishing behind Genk and Malmo in the group.

Corey Whelan - Crewe - Started 4 of the 6 games, taking him to 13 league starts for the season. Crewe are 17th, 8 points above the relegation zone.

Sheyi Ojo - Reims - Incredibly disappointed to report that Reims have only had 1 0-0 draw since the last update, having drawn 4 of their opening 6 league games that scoreline. They're still drawing a lot though, and unfortunately Ojo hasn't nailed down a spot in the side. He has started 3 games for them since the season began, with just 1 of them coming since September. Yet to score or assist in the league, although did score in a cup game. Reims are 9th in the table.

I think at this point it would be safe to say that Wilson, Kane, Kent, and Grujic have been the successful spells so far.

Cheers Joe
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: December 29, 2018, 10:55:45 am »
Putting aside my opinions about Hodgson, I think that's potentially a good move for him - he shouldn't be short of opportunities if he gets games alongside Zaha and Townsend.

I agree, with Benteke out you'd expect Dominic to get games and playing alongside Meyer, Zaha and Townsend should mean he gets a lot of chances
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline AntonisCyprus

• Legacy Fan
  • Cyprus Branch
The Cyprus BRANCH RED Fans

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #726 on: December 29, 2018, 12:55:03 pm »

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #727 on: December 29, 2018, 01:04:17 pm »
Ryan Kent having a blinder in the Rangers V Celtic game.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: December 29, 2018, 01:23:42 pm »
Ryan Kent having a blinder in the Rangers V Celtic game.

Yep he's best the best player on the pitch in the first half and setup the goal.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: December 29, 2018, 01:34:40 pm »
Why do we bother signing Anderson Arroyo? A Colombian unlikely to ever get a work permit and immediately sent to two other teams' reserves or u23s? Smells dodgy.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: December 29, 2018, 02:04:29 pm »
Why do we bother signing Anderson Arroyo? A Colombian unlikely to ever get a work permit and immediately sent to two other teams' reserves or u23s? Smells dodgy.

It's called marketing

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: December 29, 2018, 02:05:11 pm »
Yep he's best the best player on the pitch in the first half and setup the goal.

Man of the match by a country mile.

By far the best player on the pitch.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: December 29, 2018, 02:10:37 pm »
Thanks so much for the update
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #733 on: December 29, 2018, 03:15:26 pm »
Mirror claiming Cardiff want Clyne on loan. It would be strange to loan him out at this stage of the season, even with a surplus of options at RB
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nathaniel-clyne-close-liverpool-loan-13789367.amp?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:18:59 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: December 29, 2018, 03:19:53 pm »
Yeah def keep him around for another 6 months, might not be ideal for him but we are trying to win a league here and he's already helped us. He's also much better than a nothing club like them.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #735 on: December 29, 2018, 03:51:33 pm »
Just in from the game and was surprised Kent was in the team after almost 2 months out (other than a 45 minute appearance a few weeks ago). Very good performance from the lad and he ran Celtic ragged. A wee bit more composure in front of goal would've been nice but all round it was a great performance from him

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: December 29, 2018, 05:06:43 pm »
Looks like Solanke is off to Palace for the rest of the season. Good move for both parties, can see him starting regularly for them as they're in need of a decent forward.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: December 29, 2018, 05:12:02 pm »
Just in from the game and was surprised Kent was in the team after almost 2 months out (other than a 45 minute appearance a few weeks ago). Very good performance from the lad and he ran Celtic ragged. A wee bit more composure in front of goal would've been nice but all round it was a great performance from him

Thanks for the update mate. He was boss in the first half. Only caught glimpses of the 2nd half but Kent should have scored when he got put through.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: December 29, 2018, 05:20:21 pm »
Looks like Solanke is off to Palace for the rest of the season. Good move for both parties, can see him starting regularly for them as they're in need of a decent forward.

We'll see, can also see uncle Hodgson throwing him under the bus at the first opportunity so hopefully he hits the ground running.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #739 on: December 30, 2018, 02:36:15 pm »
Thanks for the update mate. He was boss in the first half. Only caught glimpses of the 2nd half but Kent should have scored when he got put through.

Cheers. I forgot to add that the lad now has a song. We've started singing 'Kent will tear you apart' to the tune of Love will tear us apart  ;D

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #740 on: December 30, 2018, 04:50:11 pm »
Cheers. I forgot to add that the lad now has a song. We've started singing 'Kent will tear you apart' to the tune of Love will tear us apart  ;D

That’s going to be popular in Liverpool.....
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: December 30, 2018, 05:29:27 pm »
Might as well open the transfer forum. Already talk of Clyne and Solanke going out on loan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #742 on: December 30, 2018, 05:33:13 pm »
Might as well open the transfer forum. Already talk of Clyne and Solanke going out on loan
Be careful what you wish for....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #743 on: December 30, 2018, 05:34:09 pm »
That’s going to be popular in Liverpool.....
You mean because it's a song associated with a Manchester band? So are James though, who wrote "Sit Down", so I don't see why that would be any different. Or is there another reason that I'm not aware of?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #744 on: December 31, 2018, 01:10:26 am »
You mean because it's a song associated with a Manchester band? So are James though, who wrote "Sit Down", so I don't see why that would be any different. Or is there another reason that I'm not aware of?

It’s Giggs’s old song isn’t it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #745 on: December 31, 2018, 04:26:40 pm »
It’s Giggs’s old song isn’t it?
Oh, is it - I dunno, I don't remember that. Must've blocked it out!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #746 on: December 31, 2018, 04:29:02 pm »
Oh, is it - I dunno, I don't remember that. Must've blocked it out!

That's what his brother said...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #747 on: January 1, 2019, 03:02:52 pm »
Wilson has scored another good goal for Derby against Middlesbrough.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #748 on: January 1, 2019, 03:03:10 pm »
Another goal for Wilson, cracking finish.
AHA!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #749 on: January 1, 2019, 03:11:57 pm »
They've only just started haven't they? Jesus Harry, give us a chance to catch up :P

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #750 on: January 1, 2019, 03:13:28 pm »
Such a clean strike by him.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: January 1, 2019, 03:19:51 pm »
What's that for the season now?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: January 1, 2019, 03:28:55 pm »

10 I think

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: January 1, 2019, 03:29:34 pm »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: January 1, 2019, 03:30:29 pm »

First Derby player to 10 goal involvements in the league

9 Goals
1 Assist

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #755 on: January 1, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »

10 in total, 9 in the league (+2 assists), in 24 games, so  pretty good so far.  Includes his participation in the EFL Cup as well (scored vs the Mancs).

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #756 on: January 1, 2019, 04:03:10 pm »
Took about 80 seconds.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #757 on: January 1, 2019, 06:12:05 pm »
was watching Inside Anfield: Behind the scenes of Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal and saw Woodburn follow Milner and the rest of the lads into the changing rooms at half-time. Suggests he's still back at Liverpool whilst recovering form his injury?
« Last Edit: January 1, 2019, 06:14:17 pm by Dudek savessssss.........! »
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #758 on: January 1, 2019, 06:22:24 pm »
was watching Inside Anfield: Behind the scenes of Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal and saw Woodburn follow Milner and the rest of the lads into the changing rooms at half-time. Suggests he's still back at Liverpool whilst recovering form his injury?

Link, please?

YouTube LFC site has Newcastle up, but not Arsenal...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #759 on: January 1, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »
on the main LFC site at the moment;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/332315-watch-inside-anfield-liverpool-arsenal-video

suspect it will appear on the youtube channel soon??
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT