Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 371553 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #5000 on: March 20, 2024, 09:35:17 am »
The wokeness may be strong in this one :D

It's 2024 and people like you still exist

Oh no a woman and a person of colour in my Star Wars. Fuck off

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5001 on: March 20, 2024, 09:43:54 am »
Was completely disinterested in this until I googled it and saw it's set 100 years before Episode 1. It's about fucking time they explored a time period outside the 30/40 years in and around the Empire.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5002 on: March 20, 2024, 09:49:15 am »
Was completely disinterested in this until I googled it and saw it's set 100 years before Episode 1. It's about fucking time they explored a time period outside the 30/40 years in and around the Empire.

"Hold on Boss! No-one told me I'd have to use my imagination when I came to work here!!!"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:52:31 pm by [new username under construction] »

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #5003 on: March 20, 2024, 02:01:08 pm »
The wokeness may be strong in this one :D

Jesus Christ, what's 'woke' about it? It has a woman in it? She's black? Empire Strikes back had women and black characters in it, was that woke too? I swear to Christ this bollocks is like listening to entrenched brainwashed people just repeating what they see and hear online.

On to the trailer ... I think it looks great. Obviously will benefit from not having ridiculous Filoni easter eggs and cameos, which runs anything he does. 'Oh look! It's the metal bar that was in the trash compactor!! COOOOOOL!'. I mean, the only thing I think IS going to happen is Yoda? He surely has to be part of the Jedi council at this time, so I do think we'll see him at some point, but how this story affects the line 'the Sith have been extinct for a Millenium' from the Phantom Menace?

'The Sith have been extinct for a Millenium'
'Er, well, actually ... '

So either the new 'dark' Jedi ISN'T Sith, or that line again gets retconned in the canon...
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5004 on: March 20, 2024, 02:18:59 pm »
Jesus Christ, what's 'woke' about it? It has a woman in it? She's black? Empire Strikes back had women and black characters in it, was that woke too? I swear to Christ this bollocks is like listening to entrenched brainwashed people just repeating what they see and hear online.

On to the trailer ... I think it looks great. Obviously will benefit from not having ridiculous Filoni easter eggs and cameos, which runs anything he does. 'Oh look! It's the metal bar that was in the trash compactor!! COOOOOOL!'. I mean, the only thing I think IS going to happen is Yoda? He surely has to be part of the Jedi council at this time, so I do think we'll see him at some point, but how this story affects the line 'the Sith have been extinct for a Millenium' from the Phantom Menace?

So either the new 'dark' Jedi ISN'T Sith, or that line again gets retconned in the canon...

They mean Millenium Falcon

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5005 on: March 20, 2024, 02:28:26 pm »
Not all dark side users are sith I guess. Them 2 in ahsoka weren't. Pretty sure they said kylo ren wasn't either.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5006 on: March 20, 2024, 03:36:51 pm »
Also last I checked the Jedi are pretty arrogant and quite blind to most of what's going on around them, so them thinking the Sith were extinct doesn't hold a lot of weight.

The showrunner quotes oojason come across as pretty arrogant for someone who doesn't seem to have done anything of note in their career until now though, hopefully there's some foundation to it.

It's largely inconsequential but, does anyone else hate the Jedi robes? They feel like one of those details that were briefly in the original trilogy and so just became the de facto Jedi outfit despite looking kind of goofy and never making much sense.

Anyway, a show set outside of the Skywalker era does sound like a good choice, less risk of demands for various cameos and tie ins that compromise the quality.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5007 on: March 20, 2024, 03:57:06 pm »
I always figured the robes were originally intended to be a tatooine thing and just ended up being a jedi thing. But I've no issue with it.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5008 on: March 20, 2024, 05:56:52 pm »
I always figured the robes were originally intended to be a tatooine thing and just ended up being a jedi thing. But I've no issue with it.

Yeah it felt like a tiny detail in the original movies that got forced into the prequels and they can't/won't change it now. Not a big deal either way but it's always struck me as a bit odd that they always dress that way, particularly when trying to blend in.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5009 on: March 20, 2024, 06:13:28 pm »
I've always thought years was a bit of a nuts thing to describe things by in another galaxy.  Given that a year is the time the earth takes to orbit the sun.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5010 on: March 20, 2024, 07:23:10 pm »
What, by having women and POC in it? Prat.
did I say it was a problem? Prat

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5011 on: March 20, 2024, 07:24:01 pm »
It's 2024 and people like you still exist

Oh no a woman and a person of colour in my Star Wars. Fuck off
oh look another one

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5012 on: March 20, 2024, 07:25:54 pm »

the joke I made that seemed to be missed was that there will undoubtedly be complaints about the wokeness, notice I didn't mention it being a problem. Merely highlighting that this will be ridiculed because of it. But well done for jumping the gun

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #5013 on: March 20, 2024, 09:59:15 pm »
the joke I made that seemed to be missed was that there will undoubtedly be complaints about the wokeness, notice I didn't mention it being a problem. Merely highlighting that this will be ridiculed because of it. But well done for jumping the gun

You didn't really articulate yourself very well with that "joke". What else were people supposed to think?
We are Liverpool!

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5014 on: March 20, 2024, 10:30:11 pm »
You didn't really articulate yourself very well with that "joke". What else were people supposed to think?
Yeah, I've been there. Needs a smiley at the least or, well, we've seen what happens.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5015 on: March 20, 2024, 11:25:35 pm »
Given that a year is the time the earth takes to orbit the sun.
And also the time it takes for Coruscant's sun to orbit it.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5016 on: March 20, 2024, 11:33:26 pm »
Yeah it felt like a tiny detail in the original movies that got forced into the prequels and they can't/won't change it now. Not a big deal either way but it's always struck me as a bit odd that they always dress that way, particularly when trying to blend in.

That’s always annoyed me a bit - basing every Jedi outfit around what Ben Kenobi wore to disguise himself and blend in with the moisture farmers on tattooine. In ROTJ, Luke has dispensed with the robes of his home planet and is dressed more like what is now considered Sith clothes.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5017 on: March 21, 2024, 07:33:36 am »

perhaps, so the answer is surely to ask rather than dive in.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5018 on: March 21, 2024, 07:36:24 am »
Yeah, I've been there. Needs a smiley at the least or, well, we've seen what happens.
That is why I added a smiley :D this series will obviously be attacked for the cast it has. Which is the point I was making. Says more about how people responded than anything else

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5019 on: March 21, 2024, 07:54:24 am »
Intruiged by the acolyte and the fact its disconnected from the original stories. You can read earlier in these topics my thoughts on the sequel trilogy would have been cool if Ben would have had like a kill bill role taking revenge for his grandfather by taking out jedi one at a time. So interested in how this story plays out as it seems to be pointing to a similar narrative

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5020 on: March 21, 2024, 10:44:01 am »
Be good to see how they envision some of the precursors to the xwing etc. You could see it a bit in the prequels, and like they did for some of the star trek series'.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #5021 on: March 21, 2024, 01:40:33 pm »

Yeah, Kenobi seemed dressed for Tatooine, rather than 'this is a Jedi outfit' (because Uncle Owen was certainly a Jedi too then). But then they followed it up with Yoda and Luke wearing a black version of that garb at the start of ROTJ, so it became the Jedi outfit.

I have no issue with the robes on them, monk like I guess?

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #5022 on: March 22, 2024, 10:29:03 am »
Painful how the usual gang of Youtubers are all over the trailer for The Acolyte the minute it comes out.

I used to like some of them, but it's equally as dull listening to them now as it is anyone who is accused of being a 'shill'. BOTH sides now equally ridiculous. It's a TV show, either watch it or don't.

I used to like Critical Drinker, but he's as false as any of the people who promote Disney, just does it for clicks now. I don't usually watch a lot of Youtube channels, but they are all just as bad as each other now.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5023 on: March 22, 2024, 10:37:45 am »
Painful how the usual gang of Youtubers are all over the trailer for The Acolyte the minute it comes out.

I used to like some of them, but it's equally as dull listening to them now as it is anyone who is accused of being a 'shill'. BOTH sides now equally ridiculous. It's a TV show, either watch it or don't.

I used to like Critical Drinker, but he's as false as any of the people who promote Disney, just does it for clicks now. I don't usually watch a lot of Youtube channels, but they are all just as bad as each other now.

Driven by algorithms and metrics. It can be easy to fall into the trap of being cynical of everything new that comes out and going looking for reasons for it to fail, but you'd think someone who reviews these things would approach each show/movie on its own merits.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #5024 on: March 22, 2024, 11:13:43 am »
Driven by algorithms and metrics. It can be easy to fall into the trap of being cynical of everything new that comes out and going looking for reasons for it to fail, but you'd think someone who reviews these things would approach each show/movie on its own merits.

Exactly. It's why fandoms are in the doldrums. Too many people have entrenched views, usually based on something they read or saw online. Too many people are swayed by someone else regarding Star Wars, and it's ripe for Youtubers to jump all over as it gets them clicks and money.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5025 on: April 4, 2024, 10:12:48 pm »
a new 6-part animated anthology series... out on 4th May on Disney+

'Tales of the Empire | Official Trailer | Disney+' - 2 minute trailer, from the official Star Wars youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8SIST9t72kY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8SIST9t72kY</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/8SIST9t72kY

'Star Wars: Tales of the Empire - Trailer Revealed':-

www.starwars.com/news/tales-of-the-empire-trailer

'Long live the Empire.

Star Wars: Tales of the Empire, a new six-part animated anthology in the style of Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, was announced today with a surprise trailer and key art reveal.

Journey into the fearsome Galactic Empire through the eyes of two warriors on divergent paths — Nightsister Morgan Elsbeth and former Jedi Barriss Offee. Like the first season following Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku, Tales of the Empire focuses on previously untold events in the lives of the featured characters. The trailer teases that we’ll learn how a young Morgan Elsbeth navigates the expanding Imperial world towards a path of vengeance, while former Jedi Barriss Offee does what she must to survive a rapidly changing galaxy. The choices they make will define their destinies.

Plus, the key art features Thrawn and the Fourth Sister, General Grievous ready for battle, Darth Vader, the Grand Inquisitor and other new and familiar characters including Wing and the Nightsisters.

The talented voice cast includes Diana Lee Inosanto (Morgan Elsbeth), Meredith Salenger (Barriss Offee), Rya Kihlstedt (Lyn, aka Fourth Sister), Wing T. Chao (Wing), Lars Mikkelsen (Thrawn), Jason Isaacs (Grand Inquisitor) and Matthew Wood (General Grievous).

Dave Filoni created the series, is supervising director and executive producer along with Athena Yvette Portillo and Carrie Beck. Josh Rimes serves as co-executive producer and Alex Spotswood is the senior producer.         

Star Wars: Tales of the Empire arrives May 4, 2024, on Disney+.'

A pity it appears to be aimed at fleshing out the backstory of Morgan Elsbeth - whose path and end we already know... which was somewhat underwhelming. Although it could be good to finally see what became of Barriss Offee. Vader fan service is also a pity - undoubtedly amongst other 'key jangling' too, no doubt... (This is from Dave Filoni, after all).

I'd rather see something new and different, new stories & characters - or at least those we haven't seen much of in other modern / recent content (maybe OT/ST/KOTOR/THR eras etc)... rather than a sequel of sorts to the 'Tales Of The Jedi' and continuation of 2008's 'The Clone Wars' series... but will give it a go.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:25:50 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5026 on: April 11, 2024, 01:32:12 pm »

'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - 1950's Super Panavision 70' - a 1 minute trailer-type video, from Abandoned Films:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0uqhAoMkFUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0uqhAoMkFUc</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/0uqhAoMkFUc

;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #5027 on: April 11, 2024, 02:06:14 pm »

A pity it appears to be aimed at fleshing out the backstory of Morgan Elsbeth - whose path and end we already know... which was somewhat underwhelming. Although it could be good to finally see what became of Barriss Offee. Vader fan service is also a pity - undoubtedly amongst other 'key jangling' too, no doubt... (This is from Dave Filoni, after all).

I'd rather see something new and different, new stories & characters - or at least those we haven't seen much of in other modern / recent content (maybe OT/ST/KOTOR/THR eras etc)... rather than a sequel of sorts to the 'Tales Of The Jedi' series... but will give it a go.

Imagine Star Wars now being at a stage of having a series devoted to an unbelievably shite character called Morgan Elsbeth... it's really in the doldrums. No doubt there'll be cameos from any random character Filoni created whether they fit the story or not, to make the seal clappers happy.

It's like Cad Bane turning up in ANY animated show, whether he fits it or not. Creativity is at an all time low.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5028 on: April 11, 2024, 10:01:51 pm »
'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - 1950's Super Panavision 70' - a 1 minute trailer-type video, from Abandoned Films:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0uqhAoMkFUc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0uqhAoMkFUc</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/0uqhAoMkFUc

;D

That's quite possibly the best thing outside the original trilogy!