Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 121731 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #640 on: October 15, 2012, 09:22:06 am »
He probably did comfort his kid, doesn't stop him from being allowed to wet his kecks. I would've.

If a child of two is pointing at 'a man' it stands to reason that he'll point upwards, he's only two years old. Unless the poster lives in a mansion, the odds of pointing at the loft hatch on the landing of a standard UK house or dwelling are quite high. Kids sleep walk and sleep talk all the time.

Some people are so credulous it beggars belief.

In other news, please visit my new website at www.magicbeans.com

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2012, 12:05:33 pm »
Seriously - even if the kid thinks there's a man in the loft, which there won't be, shouldn't his father be reassuring him and helping him get to sleep rather than shitting his pants.

Fuck me, if believing in ghosts turns you into a gibbering idiot who can't look after your kid thank fuck I grew out of it when I was five.

I love a rufty tufty bloke

;)
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »
Not really a ghost story this, but quite a few times during early mornings when outside my house I have heard (I think) what sound like war-time sirens in the distance. Can't figure it out.

Used to hear them all the time when we lived in Kirkby. If you're hearing the same one, its a test of the sirens at Ashworth, in case one of the loons escapes.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2012, 01:44:18 pm »
Mate in work came in yesterday saying he had one of his friends ring him proper shit up.
Said they've got a two years old son and he's been waking in the night and walking into their room asking to get into their bed etc. Anyway few nights ago his mate woke to the sound of his son laughing in what he thought was his room but when he walked onto the landing, his son was stood near the stairs. He put him back into bed and all was right.
Next night same thing happened and he found his son on the landing but this time looking up at the loft. He asked him what he was doing and to come back to bed when his son said "The man, the man" and pointed up at the loft.
Safe to safe he shat his kecks and is currently in the middle of a crossroads in his life as he was a firm non believer in ghosts.
He doesn't believe in ghosts, his son sleep walks and his conclusion is "GHOST!"?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2012, 02:49:29 pm »
He doesn't believe in ghosts, his son sleep walks and his conclusion is "GHOST!"?

Bizarre isn't it?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2012, 04:46:54 pm »
Bizarre isn't it?
Yep. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. And is now questioning his entire belief system?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2012, 04:55:42 pm »
Like I've said, this thread cracks me up. Nearly every post starts with : I don't believe in ghosts,blah,blah, strange lights,blah,blah, conclusion= GHOST!
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2012, 05:05:21 pm »
Related to sleepwalking, if you believe in the paranormal my sister would scare you (especially if you've seen paranormal activity). She's always had a problem with sleepwalking, the thing is you would never know she is actually still asleep. We were sharing stories a couple nights ago which reminded me of it.

First story was at about 1am when we were in highschool, I heard someone playing piano in her room. Her light was on so I walked in, and her head was hanging low not even looking at the keyboard, but she was playing Mary Had A Little Lamb very slowly. So I poked her and she started screaming, realized where she was and after a few seconds started laughing.

A few nights later, around 3AM I was asleep in my room. Something woke me up, and it took me a while to realize I was actually awake. I was falling back asleep but felt some sort of "presence" in the room, so I turned over and opened my eyes and she was standing next to my bed just staring at me. I whispered "Sara...Sara!" and she just walked back into her room. She has no recollection of either of these instances.

Her roommates have had similar experiences and now lock their doors :) . One of her roommates was telling us last night she woke up to pounding and saw her standing on the corner of her bed, slamming the wall with her fist. She said "What are you doing?!?" and my sister said "Well don't just stand there!"

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:45 pm »
Brad, I'd like to hear more about your sister pounding. And put up some pics of her, please.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #650 on: October 15, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »
Seriously - even if the kid thinks there's a man in the loft, which there won't be, shouldn't his father be reassuring him and helping him get to sleep rather than shitting his pants.

What if someone has broken into the house?..

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: October 15, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »
Related to sleepwalking, if you believe in the paranormal my sister would scare you (especially if you've seen paranormal activity). She's always had a problem with sleepwalking, the thing is you would never know she is actually still asleep. We were sharing stories a couple nights ago which reminded me of it.

First story was at about 1am when we were in highschool, I heard someone playing piano in her room. Her light was on so I walked in, and her head was hanging low not even looking at the keyboard, but she was playing Mary Had A Little Lamb very slowly. So I poked her and she started screaming, realized where she was and after a few seconds started laughing.

A few nights later, around 3AM I was asleep in my room. Something woke me up, and it took me a while to realize I was actually awake. I was falling back asleep but felt some sort of "presence" in the room, so I turned over and opened my eyes and she was standing next to my bed just staring at me. I whispered "Sara...Sara!" and she just walked back into her room. She has no recollection of either of these instances.

Her roommates have had similar experiences and now lock their doors :) . One of her roommates was telling us last night she woke up to pounding and saw her standing on the corner of her bed, slamming the wall with her fist. She said "What are you doing?!?" and my sister said "Well don't just stand there!"

Your sister's possessed mate. Better call the parishioner.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: October 15, 2012, 05:33:49 pm »
Brad, I'd like to hear more about your sister pounding. And put up some pics of her, please.

You're making me reconsider my post on rawker I'd most like to meet

Your sister's possessed mate. Better call the parishioner.

Nah she's more fun this way
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #653 on: October 16, 2012, 02:19:53 am »

:o  :-\

I have always found people talking or walking in their sleep to be creepy for some reason although it's scientifically proven to be a normal.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: October 16, 2012, 05:34:43 am »
What if someone has broken into the house?..

Two nights running? And why would they hide in the loft? You're right though - if there was 'a man' it would be person not a ghost. Because there's no such thing as ghosts.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline givemekaliber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: October 16, 2012, 06:04:54 am »
Two nights running? And why would they hide in the loft? You're right though - if there was 'a man' it would be person not a ghost. Because there's no such thing as ghosts.
Prove it
 :D

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:02 am »
Prove it
 :D

Err... no - I don't need to. All the evidence - I'll repeat that: all the evidence - that is currently available overwhelmingly supports my opinion. It's the ghosties who need to prove it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: October 16, 2012, 08:10:06 am »
Think he was just joshing, but you're right.

There is no evidence, whatsoever that any supernatural phenomenon exist. None. Nothing.  Nada.

Fallible personal accounts of something "spooky" happening is not evidence. It's anecdotal.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #658 on: October 16, 2012, 08:19:08 am »

You really have an absolute opinion on this subject Alan. You seem to go out of your way to emphasise your scepticism, whilst taking the piss out of other posters perception and what they believe in.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline givemekaliber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: October 16, 2012, 08:28:45 am »
Err... no - I don't need to. All the evidence - I'll repeat that: all the evidence - that is currently available overwhelmingly supports my opinion. It's the ghosties who need to prove it.
I was joshing but you have to admit mate there must be times you have felt scared/frightened/uneasy about something - at some point (ghostie wise)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #660 on: October 16, 2012, 08:40:05 am »
You really have an absolute opinion on this subject Alan. You seem to go out of your way to emphasise your scepticism, whilst taking the piss out of other posters perception and what they believe in.
Because he's right. The only time RAWK entertains conspiracy theories/supernatural phenomena is so that Alan and Gulley can stroll right in and debunk it.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: October 16, 2012, 08:40:26 am »

Probably because he knows, from evidence, that it's not real and he wants people to see how ridiculous it is.

Generally why I have a condescending attitude towards a lot of these things.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: October 16, 2012, 08:40:36 am »
I was joshing but you have to admit mate there must be times you have felt scared/frightened/uneasy about something - at some point (ghostie wise)
Nope.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:37 am »

Some people just aren't like that in fairness. For example, I don't believe in ghosts but I do get really spooked easily so my imagination might play tricks on me and I end up thinking I had a ghostie experience, whereas Alan in the same position might not, simply because he wouldn't get spooked or allow his imagination to go mad.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: October 16, 2012, 10:48:43 am »
:o  :-\

I have always found people talking or walking in their sleep to be creepy for some reason although it's scientifically proven to be a normal.
Creepy as fuck. If I was woken up by a sleep walker just staring at me in the middle of the night, I'd kick the fuck out of them to make sure they never do it again, just too damn weird.

I find it weird how little kids always stare at a corner or a space and say "the man." Can't tell if there's something there or its just their imagination.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #665 on: October 16, 2012, 10:56:57 am »

I find it weird how little kids always stare at a corner or a space and say "the man." Can't tell if there's something there or its just their imagination.

About 18 months ago my son had a temperature and a bit of a fever. He woke up in the night in a right old state so we brought him into our bed and he was in an absolute panic. He kept looking over his shoulder and sitting bolt upright talking about a bad dog. He was obviously just hallucinating/been affected by a bad dream but it was freaky to watch and yet be helpess to do anything as he was so petrified (and yes Alan, obviously I pointed out there was nothing there!). The next morning he had no recollection of it and he has always liked dogs and never been afraid of them. A child's imagination is weird!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: October 16, 2012, 11:11:32 am »
About 18 months ago my son had a temperature and a bit of a fever. He woke up in the night in a right old state so we brought him into our bed and he was in an absolute panic. He kept looking over his shoulder and sitting bolt upright talking about a bad dog. He was obviously just hallucinating/been affected by a bad dream but it was freaky to watch and yet be helpess to do anything as he was so petrified (and yes Alan, obviously I pointed out there was nothing there!). The next morning he had no recollection of it and he has always liked dogs and never been afraid of them. A child's imagination is weird!
Do you have Cujo in your movie cabinet?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #667 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:42 am »
Do you have Cujo in your movie cabinet?

Yes, we have it playing on a 24 hour loop in my son's bedroom. Why do you ask?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: October 16, 2012, 11:29:18 am »
Yes, we have it playing on a 24 hour loop in my son's bedroom. Why do you ask?
Ah.

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #669 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:49 am »
when i was a kid and had an amazingly high fever i saw heads on my roof and men in black cloaks in the corner.. it was truely fucked up. but yeah that was just hallucinating, amazing how your brain can change everything so easily.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: October 16, 2012, 11:39:14 am »

I do have an absolute opinion in that I'm a sceptic and that informs my view on life. But the thing is, if there's evidence for something I'll believe in it. It's a great way to live because it means you aren't tied to a particular belief system. It's sometimes scary and disconcerting because to be truly sceptic, you have to be open to ideas and concepts that go against your current views. When I investigated people's claims about 9/11 on here a few years back I was completely open - I reviewed all of the information that was presented as evidence in support of the various theories and there were moments when it seemed there might be something there. But ultimately... there was nothing.

With ghosts, I can see the appeal. I love a good ghost story and a great horror movie. I'm a massive Lovecraft fan and love to have my spine tingled. 6Th Sense was a great movie - but it was a movie. Lovecraft was a horror writer not an archaeologist or naturalist.

And yes, I'll take the piss out of people in the same way that people take the piss out of me for my views. Have you not read my custom title? I mean, come on, if a grown man is shitting his pants because his kid is pointing at the loft he needs to have the piss ripped out of him, not encouraged to behave like a five-year-old.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:00 am »

There were times when I was a kid and also when I used to take various hallucinogens. But they were fears, not ghosts. Humans are pattern makers - we are constantly trying to make sense of the world around us. That includes interpreting  vague shapes as faces and figures, abstract noises as voices and, depending on our cultural back ground, natural phenomena as ghosts, spirits, angels, dragons or nowadays UFOs. We try and assemble random events and coincidence into narratives that give our lives purpose and meaning.

Personally I find that far more interesting and amazing than going goggle-eyed at a photo of dust caught in a camera flash and thinking they are 'ghost orbs'.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #672 on: October 16, 2012, 12:52:45 pm »
Many years ago my Mum was in hospital and Jess was still a little girl. We had the phone call from the hospital that we needed to get there as there wasn't long left, so we rang Deb's parents and got them to come and sit with Jess (as she was in bed sleeping). We went to the hospital and at 2.45am my Mum died. A day or two later we were sat talking with Deb's parents and they said that during that nght Jess had woken up very disturbed and was mumbling something about Nanna. When we asked what time that was they said it was 2.45am.
A few nights later when Jess was in bed asleep, we heard her talking to someone. Debs went up and Jess was sat up in bed looking at the window and talking away. Debs asked her who she was talking to and Jess said she was talking to Nanna. Debs asked where was Nanna and Jess said she was sitting on the window sill.

It's the only time anything like that ever happened....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: October 16, 2012, 01:05:35 pm »
Creepy as fuck. If I was woken up by a sleep walker just staring at me in the middle of the night, I'd kick the fuck out of them to make sure they never do it again, just too damn weird.

It's easy to tell. Take a look at the corner. If there is someone there, there is someone there. If there isn't, it's the kids imagination.

Offline givemekaliber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: October 16, 2012, 01:11:44 pm »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #675 on: October 16, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »
One of my ex's had a nephew, and we were minding him one day, and as we were tapping around a football in the back garden, he started telling me all these things about his deceased Grandfather, I'm not talking about trivial things, I'm talking personal things, which only my ex's Grandmother would have known, not even his children.

I had just assumed this was all common knowledge, so just continued the conversation.

Anyway, later that night we were sitting down, myself and my ex, and we were just chatting and I brought it up, "I didn't know your Grandfather did 'x', 'y' and 'z' ", my ex looked at me as if I had a severed head and asked my what I was talking about, so I told her. She sort of laughed it off with a "You know what he's like", so I thought no more of it.

However, a week or so later we had all gathered at my ex's Grandmother's house, just for a family get together, and the young lad brought the topic up again, and similar to my ex's reaction, her aunts and uncles laughed, however, her Grandmother's face was a different story.

Turns out that what he said was absolutely bang on, and some of the stuff he came out with, was stuff only the Grandmother knew.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: October 16, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »
I was always a sickly child before I had my tonsils removed, so I was on plenty of medication. However, I never could take a cough syrup as I'd throw it all up immediately, so some doctors prescribed cough tablets for me instead. I didn't know it at that time, but cough tablets are powerful hallucinogen's and before long I couldn't sleep because as soon as I closed my eyes, I could see alien creatures seemingly communicating with me. Then I went to a maths tuition class, while still sick and I had my chin on the table. Yet somehow, I could just feel this alien being communicating with me, and somewhat telling me how I was supposed to answer all those questions on the board. It was fantastic really, I could do it all! Stopped taking them soon after so I could sleep, but they were incredibly addictive.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: October 16, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »
Probably the best place for this, a story about a psychic who was wrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/psychic-devastates-dead-students-family-200306198.html

Can't stand these chancers.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »
Anyone got any stories about ouija boards? Was reading one earlier on, rather creepy. Check this one out

Two weeks ago, my friends Ryan, Jose and I played with a Ouija board. The board belonged to Ryan. When Ryan and Jose came to visit me in my apartment in New Jersey, they had the Ouija board with them and we decided to play.

Ryan has played with this board before and, hence, he was the one who was beckoning the spirit so that we can ask questions. About 5 minutes into the seance, the pointer began to move. Ryan asked what the name of the spirit was and it spelled out "JOHN." He asked the spirit when he died and it replied "24 June 1963." I asked the spirit how he died and he did not reply. The pointer did not move. When Ryan asked the same question, the spirit replied "KILLED MYSELF." I think this spirit was more drawn towards Ryan, which explains why he ignored my question. After that, Ryan asked when he is going to die. The spirit replied "2026." He was visibly shaken after hearing that. I was kind of curious about my death as well and I asked Ryan to inquire the spirit about my demise. The spirit replied "2039." At this point, I was scared but my curiosity got the best of me and I asked Ryan to inquire the spirit on how I will die. The spirit immediately replied "Gunshot." Jose was very quiet but he also asked the spirit about his year of demise. The spirit replied "2054."

At this point, the pointer began moving on its own in different directions and it flew off and hit the wall that was behind me. We decided to end the session. Unlike other Ouija Board stories, none of us saw any ghosts or experienced any haunting after we ended the session. I think this spirit disliked me for some reason because it ignored my questions.

I kind of regret participating in this seance because I came to know when and how I will pass away and it is kind of nerve racking, especially for Ryan because his predicted death is only 14 years away.

I think I learned my lesson that Ouija Boards can be dangerous if it used for the wrong purpose.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2012, 02:23:47 pm »
Yeah, on the one or two occassions I did the Ouija I moved it around aswell. Never thought to do the time travel spirit thing, unfortunately.