Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4165090 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62520 on: February 27, 2020, 03:50:32 pm »
Hearn saying AJ on the phone, saying make it happen.

No way is Joshua beating Tyson Fury.

People need to understand AJ has vastly been staged managed and has struggled in a lot of his fights.

No way he beats Fury for me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62521 on: February 27, 2020, 03:55:06 pm »
He's had 22 fights the idiots seem t think he should've been fighting for world titles in his first 10 fights or something.  ;D

I'd say hes' got a better CV than Fury outside of the Widler fights and he's certainly got a better CV  than Wilder.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62522 on: February 27, 2020, 04:01:25 pm »
Fury doesn't have the physique as AJ but don't be fooled into thinking he can't fight at a good pace for 12 rounds. Some people don't buy it but IMO, AJ does have an issue with conditioning and Fury can box at a higher pace for longer. Fury might go for the stoppage late on if/when AJ is tired and ragged but I just see it being a stinker of a fight but one where Fury boxes to a UD.

Watching the Wilder fight back again yesterday and to me Fury looked gassed by the fifth. Wilder was staggering about and Fury looked like he didn't have the energy to finish him off.

I'd fancy Joshua if the fight went the distance.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62523 on: February 27, 2020, 04:03:33 pm »
People need to understand AJ has vastly been staged managed and has struggled in a lot of his fights.

Aside from the fact that Joshua has the better CV that's all true, yeah.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #62524 on: February 27, 2020, 04:07:35 pm »
Watching the Wilder fight back again yesterday and to me Fury looked gassed by the fifth. Wilder was staggering about and Fury looked like he didn't have the energy to finish him off.

I'd fancy Joshua if the fight went the distance.

I didn’t notice at the time but if so that could well be down to Fury throwing a lot of heavy power shots early. That isn’t how he normally fights and he wouldn’t fight like that against AJ, which was my point.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62525 on: February 27, 2020, 06:03:09 pm »
AJ/Fury isn’t happening anytime soon anyway so who’s arsed  :wave

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62526 on: February 27, 2020, 06:19:23 pm »
I didn’t notice at the time but if so that could well be down to Fury throwing a lot of heavy power shots early. That isn’t how he normally fights and he wouldn’t fight like that against AJ, which was my point.

It's the same with AJ though. His problems with conditioning have all come when he's been trying to finish him off. If he went for a jab fest with Fury like he did in Ruiz II then his conditioning would be fine.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62527 on: February 27, 2020, 06:21:09 pm »
We have to remember also these lads are Super Heavies, if the conditioning ain't perfect then they're all likely to gas in the  7-10 rounds before gaining that second wind.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62528 on: February 27, 2020, 06:39:47 pm »

Stage managed but fought Klitschko in his 19th fight  ::) Vinny Maddalone was Fury's 19th.

Looking forward to seeing who Dubois fights in 3 fights time! 

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62529 on: February 27, 2020, 11:19:58 pm »

Fury's 'CV' is not great though, is it? Aside from his two Wilder fights, his comeback has consisted of a cruiserweight so poor they named him twice, Francesco Vienetta ice-cream who was at his peak (as a plodder) about 7 years ago, Tom Schwartz and All in Wallin. His win at the weekend was superb, but let's not pretend he has cleaned out the division or anything like that. Fighters like Whyte (yes I finally give him his due), Parker, and even aging Povetkin are all decent wins for Joshua along with the win over Wlad. Yes, he also hasn't the best ever resume, but he isn't Primo Carnera for fuck's sake  ;D

I have Fury as strong favourite, however. That said, what makes you think Pulev will beat Joshua? He is the ideal opponent and will get bounced out inside six rounds.

Stage managed but fought Klitschko in his 19th fight  ::) Vinny Maddalone was Fury's 19th.

Looking forward to seeing who Dubois fights in 3 fights time! 
Joyce is a very decent level opponent for Dubois given his inexperience IMO. Better than Maddalone or Audley Harrison who was Wilder's 30th or 31st fight!

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62530 on: February 28, 2020, 12:13:57 pm »
Joyce is a very decent level opponent for Dubois given his inexperience IMO. Better than Maddalone or Audley Harrison who was Wilder's 30th or 31st fight!
I agree with that but was just saying he won't be fighting Joshua or Fury in 3 fights time which is pretty much what AJ did.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #62531 on: February 28, 2020, 01:01:28 pm »
The Fury that fought last week has his way with AJ. His biggest challenge will be maintaining his professionalism and keeping his demons at bay between camps.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62532 on: February 28, 2020, 01:10:23 pm »
The Fury that fought last week has his way with AJ. His biggest challenge will be maintaining his professionalism and keeping his demons at bay between camps.

Fury from last week spends all night eating double jabs.  No way would he try and walk AJ down the way he walked Wilder down, it will be a completely different fight with a completely different gameplan.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62533 on: February 28, 2020, 04:18:43 pm »
If Fury goes into a potential AJ fight with the same tactics he had for Wilder 2 he will probably lose. Even KO artists don't exactly have the same game plan set up for all their opponents.  ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62534 on: February 28, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »
Wonder who will get the Canelo fight out of Smith and BJS. Rumours are now saying the fight with Callum has been agreed, would be a cracking fight.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62535 on: February 28, 2020, 11:33:27 pm »
Sky posted this today on Youtube, a 2013 "The Gloves Are Off" with Lennox, Bruno, Scott Welch, AJ and Fury.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G4hDNLAT71U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G4hDNLAT71U</a>

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #62536 on: February 29, 2020, 01:31:10 pm »
Fury from last week spends all night eating double jabs.  No way would he try and walk AJ down the way he walked Wilder down, it will be a completely different fight with a completely different gameplan.

Who said anything about the game plan?  Point I was making is if Fury stays in the same mental and physical shape as he is now, he wins handily.

No matter the game plan really.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 01:34:36 pm by BER »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62537 on: February 29, 2020, 01:51:44 pm »
Boxing isn't about going in there and bashing someones head and face in mate.  I know it seems like it watching pub brawls over the years.  ;D

Every boxer has a game plan for his opponent or should have one.  Fury's plan will be diffrent to Wilder 2 and it should be because they're no where near the same fighters.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62538 on: February 29, 2020, 03:37:30 pm »
Any one see Wilder's video on twitter?  ;D

"Your King is here"

"I will rise like a phoenix from the ashes"

"The war has just begun"

He's lost the plot.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62539 on: February 29, 2020, 04:01:50 pm »
Who said anything about the game plan?  Point I was making is if Fury stays in the same mental and physical shape as he is now, he wins handily.

No matter the game plan really.

Nothing we saw last week means Fury beats Joshua easily. Completely different fights.

If you'd said Dusseldorf you'd have a point.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62540 on: February 29, 2020, 10:14:14 pm »
After that stupid Instagram video and his ridiculous excuse, Wilder is the biggest laughing stock in boxing right now. I think Fury once mentioned that he just wasn't very smart and now it shows.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #62541 on: February 29, 2020, 10:37:17 pm »
Wonder who will get the Canelo fight out of Smith and BJS. Rumours are now saying the fight with Callum has been agreed, would be a cracking fight.

Be very interesting indeed.

Callum is 6'3". Should be able to give Canelo some serious problems on height and reach.
20 and 7

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62542 on: February 29, 2020, 10:59:50 pm »
Frank Warren has confirmed Wilder team activated the rematch clause last night, fight has to take place before 18th July. Obviously take place in the US.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62543 on: February 29, 2020, 11:09:12 pm »
Arum said last week they are looking at a September/October date.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62544 on: February 29, 2020, 11:10:53 pm »
Be very interesting indeed.

Callum is 6'3". Should be able to give Canelo some serious problems on height and reach.

Aye but you're not factoring the 100 different stipulations Canelo will insert into Callum's contract.  ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #62545 on: March 1, 2020, 12:12:37 am »
Any one see Wilder's video on twitter?  ;D

"Your King is here"

"I will rise like a phoenix from the ashes"

"The war has just begun"
Yeah.. I saw it, and i just sank back in my seat..  :boxhead  .. just what the f*ck, Cringe..  :mindblown
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #62546 on: March 1, 2020, 09:37:09 am »
If Wilder is the king, he better make sure that crown isn't too heavy - the weight might cost him another fight  :butt

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62547 on: March 1, 2020, 10:33:06 am »
Can't blame the guy I guess, going for another payday before he taps out in a couple of years.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62548 on: March 1, 2020, 02:50:11 pm »
Larry Holmes basically calling him out as bottler and quitter today. Man when you're down people will come for you, know that.  ;D

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62549 on: March 2, 2020, 07:51:57 am »
Yeah.. I saw it, and i just sank back in my seat..  :boxhead  .. just what the f*ck, Cringe..  :mindblown

Seems to be a slight lack of belief in Wilder going by the replies  ;D...

https://twitter.com/BronzeBomber/status/1233617858464079872

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62550 on: March 2, 2020, 08:07:04 am »

It's Saunders next for Canelo.

His coach has said and offers have gone in for the fight. Deal close. 2nd of May.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62551 on: March 2, 2020, 08:24:07 am »
Seems to be a slight lack of belief in Wilder going by the replies  ;D...

https://twitter.com/BronzeBomber/status/1233617858464079872
Perhaps he could have learned how to box a bit better rather than stalking opponents and looking to land his bomb right hand. He is a man who fell in love with his power and it seems as if he never bothered to work on his boxing skills. He has been a pro for many years with over 40 fights, so he isn't going to start now!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62552 on: March 2, 2020, 10:16:52 am »
July 18th for Fury V Wilder 3

At the MGM Grand..

This is the most likely date.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #62553 on: March 2, 2020, 10:18:02 am »
Joshua vs Pulev at the Tottenham stadium on June 20th is confirmed.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62554 on: March 2, 2020, 10:28:54 am »
Easyish win that. See a 8 or 9th round stoppage for AJ.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62555 on: March 2, 2020, 10:36:34 am »
They were supposed to fight in 2017 at the Millennium Stadium but Pulev got injured and Takam got  flown in.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62556 on: March 2, 2020, 02:16:22 pm »
They were supposed to fight in 2017 at the Millennium Stadium but Pulev got injured and Takam got  flown in.  ;D

That fight was hard work too. If AJ has a weakness, it's late replacements!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62557 on: March 2, 2020, 02:44:38 pm »
Felt like Takam's head was made of granite that night! Routine win for AJ, Pulev is starting to show his age

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62558 on: March 2, 2020, 04:09:04 pm »
DAZN UK just launched. Wonder how Eddie Hearn is going to manage the conflict.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62559 on: March 2, 2020, 04:24:56 pm »
DAZN UK just launched. Wonder how Eddie Hearn is going to manage the conflict.

It will mean that the Canelo, GGG and any main fighter signed to them that are non U.K based will be on their channel.

I believe it's a streaming channel at £9.99 per month or £5 per event.

It's a problem for Hearn and his Sky Sports exclusive nonsense now.