Author Topic: Birds keep flying into my windows...What gives?  (Read 1266 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Birds keep flying into my windows...What gives?
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:34:34 pm »
Seriously the birds who have been congregating at the rear of my house this week(noticed them because they must be about 20 of them making bird noises all day,they are pretty loud) have been flying into both windows upstairs,noticed it started on Tuesday a couple of times a day and gone on all week,me and the other half have counted at least 7 times today.

Funny thing is i walked into the back garden to see if a nest was nearby on the guttering on the house and garage at the side and found nothing,as i walked back into the house a few seconds later heard another thud.

Anyone else had this before,i know birds are territorial but my house serious. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: Birds keep flying into my windows...What gives?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:20:22 pm »
They could be seeing their own reflections and think they're seeing a rival bird about to take over their territory.
Maybe...  :-\
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:23:32 pm »
They could be seeing their own reflections and think they're seeing a rival bird about to take over their territory.
Maybe...  :-\

We had two young Thrushes in the garden who both flew into our window one day. The pair of them were lying on the ground dazed, a weird experience it was.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 10:24:57 pm »
Seriously the birds who have been congregating at the rear of my house this week(noticed them because they must be about 20 of them making bird noises all day,they are pretty loud) have been flying into both windows upstairs,noticed it started on Tuesday a couple of times a day and gone on all week,me and the other half have counted at least 7 times today.

Funny thing is i walked into the back garden to see if a nest was nearby on the guttering on the house and garage at the side and found nothing,as i walked back into the house a few seconds later heard another thud.

Anyone else had this before,i know birds are territorial but my house serious. :D

You used to be able to get some silhouettes. I think the RSPB recommend them to put the birds off. Not sure if you can find something like that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 10:29:10 pm »
We had two young Thrushes in the garden who both flew into our window one day. The pair of them were lying on the ground dazed, a weird experience it was.
They were just idiots  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »
Any pics of pretty birds in your house?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:44:49 pm »
Drop a black microdot and flip out.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 10:59:14 pm »
Calm down Tippi.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 11:30:37 pm »
Stop standing in front of the window when masterbating. They think it's s worm

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 06:26:48 pm »
Looks like it's sorted out now.

I put 2 lines of duct tape vertically on the windows as i've read on some websites so they can distinguish it being a window.

No thuds yet. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 09:06:36 pm »
They're the souls of former residents that have got trapped in the birds' feathers.  Send me £1000 by PayPal and I'll tell you how to free them. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »
Looks like it's sorted out now.

I put 2 lines of duct tape vertically on the windows as i've read on some websites so they can distinguish it being a window.

No thuds yet. ;D

Put a x there and Mulder and Scully might turn up

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 10:40:08 pm »
Use a Mac?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 11:38:04 am »
Seriously the birds who have been congregating at the rear of my house this week(noticed them because they must be about 20 of them making bird noises all day,they are pretty loud) .

what did you fucking expect them to do? Bark? Sing Nessun Dorma? Recite the bible?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 12:20:05 pm »
what did you fucking expect them to do? Bark? Sing Nessun Dorma? Recite the bible?

;D

Always rely on Sir HF for a sympathetic post!