Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by redgriffin73 on Today at 05:18:11 pm »
Just reminds me of the beach ball game, that black shirt/gold shorts combination. :'(
News and Current Affairs / Re: India - deteriorating?
« Last post by Bullet500 on Today at 05:16:07 pm »
The level of discourse. And, of course the election commission doesn't do anything.

Spoiler
[close]
How can you not see the reason why we got away with minimal net spend over last 9 years?

Klopp practically didn't make a single meaningful mistake in the market over that period. It's a small miracle, it's why we'll be crying our eyes out in few weeks.

We either need to keep finding managers who perform like this or we need to up our spending significantly so the managers who are only human can be allowed to make mistakes and still be successful.

I’ve always found the net spend merchants to be a bit odd. I remember Paul Tomkins getting serious legwork out of the theory in the Benitez era, it made a lot more sense then because we essentially had to sell to buy after we’d signed a player or two. Having a low net spend really meant you struggled to make up ground, especially against United and particularly Chelsea, who spent at levels we’d never seen before or since.

However, to still be spouting off about net spend now is quite frankly ridiculous. How many of Klopp’s best players have the club sold? I think you could argue only Coutinho and we held onto him despite him doing his best to leave in the summer. Aside from that, who else is there? I can’t recall any player where I thought selling them will cripple us but it’s necessary to raise funds. The reason our net spend was relatively low was because we continued selling academy produced players and players purchased for small fees were flipped for good ones.

If people are going to talk about spend or net spend being some ultimate measure of success, you can’t just mention transfer fees, you have to look at total wages (not just players, include all staff as they play their part) and you have to add the context regarding the player sales that really impacted the squad. Otherwise the argument becomes a little hollow.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by cptrios on Today at 05:15:30 pm »
So...what would everyone's minimum offer be at this point? I'm all for keeping him for another season if he wants to stay, as with the lower physical demands next year there's no reason to think he can't perform. And just the fact of him wanting to stay here would add some positive vibes for Slot's first year. But if he's open to a move to Saudi and they offer us, I dunno, £80m?
Trent
Macallister
Quansah
Soboszlai
Elliott
Both points pretty much nail it on. The corruption Taylor commited on Saturday and I'm not talking blowing the whistle, I'm talking about telling Areola to fake an injury and forcing him to go to the floor would not be accepted in any other company. PGMOL will do fuck all about it as per usual.

I think an apt comparison would be a jockey in a horse race. Because there is so much money wagered on racing then if a jockey is deemed not to have tried and that affects the outcome of a race they are banned.

Imagine how much would have been wagered on Liverpool on Saturday. Imagine how many accas they would have been in. Taylor directly impacts the result of that game and there is not a peep.

The silence from the Premier League and the PGMOL regarding Taylor blatantly cheating on Saturday is breathtaking. As you say doing that in any other job would mean real consequences.
Just for information really - England are currently in 3rd spot, with an average of 17.375.  If Villa win both their games, AND then win the final, they will earn 6 points, plus a bonus point for reaching the final (the bonus point for reaching the semi finals have already been counted).  Add those on, and divide by 8, and we'd have 18.25.  Germany are currently 2nd on 17.928 - 2.25 points would get them level, so effectively they'd need 3 points to stay ahead and claim the 5th CL spot.  Any win is worth 2, any draw is worth 1 - so 2 wins, 1 win and a draw, or 3 draws would get them over the line.  If Villa only get a win and a draw whilst qualifying, say - then 2 points would be enough (so 1 win, or 2 draws) from the German clubs would suffice.
The Boozer / Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Last post by Barneylfc∗ on Today at 05:14:05 pm »
I've PM'ed it to you, if you're still after it.

Nice one, cheers  :wave
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by End Product on Today at 05:13:29 pm »
I'm all for Adidas if they bring our 09/10 away back. Bring sexyback  ;D

Fun fact thus is our least successful kit ever never winning in it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10