Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 244877 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #3880 on: April 21, 2024, 08:58:35 pm »
Came in did his job and helped us to three points.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3881 on: April 21, 2024, 09:00:07 pm »
Sure our 8s have a good first touch, but they are far too easy to mark.

IMO Jones, Gravenberch, Harvey and Szobo have similar problems. They have skill, but they play too cute and with too many touches and slow us down. Their off the ball work is not sufficient.
Endo is a better player at his job, and often his simple passes are much more effective.

Mac is more skilled than Endo, and importantly hes able to use it effectively.

This is why Id rather see upgrades at 8 than at 6

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3882 on: April 21, 2024, 11:10:57 pm »
I think he needed that little rest, he was looking tired to be fair, but much more refreshed today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3883 on: April 22, 2024, 01:23:22 pm »
I like Endo, and I hope he has a squad role with us for another season or two, but it's obvious in every game we play that he is targeted by opposition managers as a weak-link on the ball.

Watch closely and you'll notice that every time he is on the ball for more than a few seconds, he is immediately pressed, in a way that MacAllister, Szobo, Jones, Elliott aren't.

As he isnt the best on the ball, he has been caught in possession a few times in recent games, and I think the team needs a new first choice DM, who is strong on the ball, to which Endo would then take on a squad role/cup games.
FAME makes a man take things over

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3884 on: April 22, 2024, 04:49:37 pm »
I like Endo, and I hope he has a squad role with us for another season or two, but it's obvious in every game we play that he is targeted by opposition managers as a weak-link on the ball.

Watch closely and you'll notice that every time he is on the ball for more than a few seconds, he is immediately pressed, in a way that MacAllister, Szobo, Jones, Elliott aren't.

As he isnt the best on the ball, he has been caught in possession a few times in recent games, and I think the team needs a new first choice DM, who is strong on the ball, to which Endo would then take on a squad role/cup games.

All of our 6’s have been targeted over the years. It’s a potential weak link in our system that opens up both sides of the pitch on the counter, the easiest path to the goal. Even Fabinho was susceptible. He’s not exactly known for playing with the ball at his feet.

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #3885 on: April 25, 2024, 12:49:25 am »
Couldn't find the Endo thread was on the 2nd page. He's gone from one of the most discussed players to no mention. Probably sums up the disappointment we all feel now with the way the season has ended after a shit month

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3886 on: April 25, 2024, 12:51:26 am »
I reckon he has taken Milner’s tag for the worst Derby sub performance by a Liverpool player in Klopp’s tenure.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3887 on: April 25, 2024, 12:57:08 am »
The irony is that our biggest problem over the last month has been the ability of the six to get the ball to the eights.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3888 on: April 25, 2024, 02:19:06 am »
I reckon he has taken Milner’s tag for the worst Derby sub performance by a Liverpool player in Klopp’s tenure.
Really don’t see the point of digging out individual players when the entire team breaks down. There were obviously bigger problems than Endo.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3889 on: April 27, 2024, 01:20:52 pm »
Frightening how often he gets left for dead.
Don't post during the fucking game.

Thanks

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3890 on: April 27, 2024, 03:40:04 pm »
He’s a long way from being good enough for a CL team, let alone a title hunting team. Given that our frailty is in transition he’s far too slow and given how much we can struggle to build up through a press he’s far too vunerable in tight spaces and when being pressed.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3891 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:18 pm »
He's what he is. Has surpassed expectations and he'll be a decent squad player next year.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3892 on: April 27, 2024, 03:46:44 pm »
He's what he is. Has surpassed expectations and he'll be a decent squad player next year.

In some games he’s easily surpassed expectations. Against City for example. But in others he’s been significantly below them.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3893 on: April 27, 2024, 03:47:59 pm »
In some games he’s easily surpassed expectations. Against City for example. But in others he’s been significantly below them.
There was no expectation to begin with :D

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3894 on: April 27, 2024, 03:49:19 pm »
There was no expectation to begin with :D

If Klopp signs a player for £16 million I expect a player good enough to play for Liverpool. Otherwise why do it. And in some games he’s been more than good enough. But in others he’s been no where near good enough.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #3895 on: April 27, 2024, 04:42:11 pm »
It was the "we need your legs" comment from Jurgen in meeting him that was surprising when you see him play.

It was like Steptoe had stepped on the field vs Newcastle. It was anything but legs. It could well be the German league makes you look quicker (he looked it on his YouTube footage, plus Keita looked much more powerful/quicker in that league). The first showing various people suggested he was tired having just signed, that was the hope anyway, but then you saw him again and he really is that slow. When he went off at Newcastle the tempo immediately ramped up, and we overturned a game in which we had been dominated. As you'd expect he has improved in his understanding of the team since then, and hes tidy, but the lack of athleticism and the effect he has on the 8s who have to stay near him so as not to expose him, restricts the midfield.

I dont think he would get in a top 10 PL side (he definitely wouldn't get in the 14th place Palace side who targeted him twice), this league is just so demanding physically (though Atalanta also did it to us/him). We saw last season what happened with Fabinho's legs going, pretty much every opposition ran through our midfield at will. Southampton who were already relegated opened up us time and again, with a completely shot Fabinho trailing behind the runners.

We were despondent in the summer when the big DM deals fell through as we knew how vital that position was. When Endo's name came up there was almost an incredulity (lots of googling), then Jurgen's first comments to him, which sounded promising (I thought this fella was going to be a Ji Sung Park type who could run all day). Its then when you see him, and the lack of mobility, and the restrictions it places on the midfield, when reality set in. The midfield has been disjointed all season as there isnt enough running power in the DM position to track runners when teams break (saw it again multiple times today, including when Bowen breezed past him which ended up with Allison saving, and when Kudus went past him which saw him get booked for dragging him back). The passivity, the lack of speed, athleticism, intensity, the lack of screening the back line, the slower tempo he imposes on the team, the 8s having to play closer to him as they know he doesn't have recovery pace when teams break (and being compact is not suited to a pressing side which takes risks), the effects are wide ranging. The 6 doing his job allows the 8s to do theres, and the whole team functions better, attacks are more effective with the 8s further advanced, and the defence has someone protecting them, putting out fires, preventing easy chances being given up (and we give up easy chances aplenty with a dreadful United putting 6 past us in 2 games despite us dominating possession).

It's such a key position that we have now gone two seasons without an adequate one for what the club aspires to achieve. It's the first thing Slot has to address as no doubt Klopp would have done.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:44:29 pm by KC7 »

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3896 on: April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 pm »
Why the hell should we waste time verbally beating on a squad player who’s worked like a dog through an injury crisis and been seriously overplayed this season? His only cover is Mac who’s also been overplayed? It’s clear we don’t have enough depth for the position given the intensity with which we play. Endo is gassed. We need Bajcetic back in pronto.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3897 on: April 27, 2024, 08:49:50 pm »

Not his fault the club failed to bring a top young dm.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3898 on: Yesterday at 09:53:39 pm »
Very good game. We completely fell apart when he was taken off.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3899 on: Yesterday at 10:00:59 pm »
Taking him off is like drilling holes in the side of the Titanic to help the buoyancy. Baffling.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3900 on: Yesterday at 10:02:47 pm »
How did Mac Allister stay on.

Was gassed after an hour
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3901 on: Yesterday at 10:03:41 pm »
We were conceding loads of transitions with him on anyway.

We need to work on our control of games over the summer. Grim watching us give goals up out of nothing.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3902 on: Yesterday at 10:05:35 pm »
Think they ran through us with him on and they ran through us when he came off to be honest. Not much pressure on the ball throughout.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3903 on: Yesterday at 10:06:52 pm »
Everytime Endo got substituted the last few games our midfield melts into butter.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3904 on: Yesterday at 10:07:27 pm »
Think they ran through us with him on and they ran through us when he came off to be honest. Not much pressure on the ball throughout.

Yep, we were shambolic with him and without, not sure this is the game to apparently show how vital he is.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3905 on: Yesterday at 10:07:53 pm »
Opinions, innit! I thought he was pretty awful in the first half, just continually a yard behind play and never in the places you'd expect him to be. They cut through us at will either way - the midfield rebuild has not worked.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3906 on: Yesterday at 10:11:02 pm »
Yep, we were shambolic with him and without, not sure this is the game to apparently show how vital he is.

He's not good enough to start for us ultimately, but he's the only midfielder we have who actually wants to get stuck in and do a defensive shift. He can't cover enough ground though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3907 on: Yesterday at 10:14:50 pm »
Opinions, innit! I thought he was pretty awful in the first half, just continually a yard behind play and never in the places you'd expect him to be. They cut through us at will either way - the midfield rebuild has not worked.

It has, we were abysmal last season. this season we've been decent. It's just not complete because we bought a squad player for the most important part of the rebuild.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #3908 on: Yesterday at 10:31:16 pm »
Think I must have been watching a different game again. Take him off against Spurs and we fall apart. Same again tonight.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3909 on: Yesterday at 10:32:38 pm »
He's very decent but we need an upgrade this summer.

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #3910 on: Yesterday at 10:33:59 pm »
Think I must have been watching a different game again. Take him off against Spurs and we fall apart. Same again tonight.

So are you suggesting you want to keep Endo as our starting no6 next season?

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #3911 on: Yesterday at 10:35:45 pm »
So are you suggesting you want to keep Endo as our starting no6 next season?
yep

Offline RF

• Kopite
« Reply #3912 on: Yesterday at 10:37:17 pm »
We would have been a lot worse of without Endo this season. That's for sure.

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3913 on: Yesterday at 10:43:06 pm »
All the talk about our midfield revolves around the 6 position, but I think a bigger problem than our 6 is the lack of pressure and defense from our #8s.

We compare Endo with Fabinho, which is fair, but I seldom see comparisons of our 8s with Henderson and Gini. Fabinho didnt do all the defense on his own.
IMO only Mac is near those two in pressing, but the rest are too weak.
Everytime we face a strong midfield, players like Harvey,Jones and Gravenberch look so lost

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3914 on: Yesterday at 10:47:31 pm »
yep

Well we will be fuked next season as well.  Can’t knock the lads effort but he’s simply not good enough.  We need a serious upgrade to compete.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #3915 on: Yesterday at 10:50:02 pm »

He was. Just doesn't have the legs.

Jurgen made the changes as we were too open, as per usual.

Problem is he is the only DM in the squad. Having a DM in there is better than no DM, but we need alot better. And then putting Mac back there shows how desperate the situation is.

That's 1 away win vs the top 10 this season, and that the late steal at Newcastle. Going away from home you especially need a solid, athletic midfield, one that gives little away in terms of openings. We have been wide open all season.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3916 on: Yesterday at 10:54:54 pm »

i agree 100% with this

i dont understand why endo was taken off

the only other 6 we have in the squad is bajetic

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3917 on: Yesterday at 11:15:19 pm »
i agree 100% with this

i dont understand why endo was taken off

the only other 6 we have in the squad is bajetic
They were playing through us for fun when Endo was on the pitch. The difference is that they actually took their chance after he went off.

If we're less lucky and conceded more than 1 then the analysis of his performance would be different.  It's easy to use the scoreline to analyse performances.

"Oh we didn't concede (even though we were lucky) so we were fine."
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:40:52 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3918 on: Yesterday at 11:38:25 pm »
would we have done better with Caiceido or the other bloke this season?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?