Author Topic: Gone off in Sydney  (Read 2311 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Gone off in Sydney
« on: April 13, 2024, 09:11:02 am »
Sounds like two fellas knifed up in a shopping centre, running around stabbing people.

They reckon one of them is dead, the other on the loose. Could! be over 4 people dead. Obviously we all hope not. Bar the twat with the knife of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2024/apr/13/australia-news-live-major-police-incident-in-sydney-after-reports-of-multiple-stabbings

Edit: 5 people dead. One a small child/baby.

Tragic is putting it mildly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:22:43 am by CHOPPER »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Gone off in Sydney
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 09:23:50 am »
Sounds like two fellas knifed up in a shopping centre, running around stabbing people.

They reckon one of them is dead, the other on the loose. Could! be over 4 people dead. Obviously we all hope not. Bar the twat with the knife of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2024/apr/13/australia-news-live-major-police-incident-in-sydney-after-reports-of-multiple-stabbings

5 deceased, solo assailant shot dead by police, multiple people in hospital including a very young child.

My mate was upstairs in the gym. Spread eagled and searched by tactical police in the car park as were most people.

Assailant appears to be wearing an Australian Rugby League jersey.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 09:27:04 am »
Shame the scum was killed (but understandable) as now he won't face any justice.

No doubt he set out to be killed, while taking as many defenceless normal civilians with him. Loathsome c*nt. He's even stabbed a baby.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 09:27:58 am »
The police just had a press conference.

Was apparently just one man doing the stabbings.

9 people stabbed.
5 victims dead on scene.
Others in hospital including a child.

The suspect was shot dead by a police officer who was nearby and responded.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:31:37 am by leroy »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 10:58:31 am »
Kinell. Was reading that on the BBC before.

Horrendous. Where do dickheads like this come from

Fucking horrible.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 11:24:34 am »
Fucking hell, that's horrible. 7 dead now.

Shame the scum was killed (but understandable) as now he won't face any justice.

No doubt he set out to be killed, while taking as many defenceless normal civilians with him. Loathsome c*nt. He's even stabbed a baby.

Yeah, its too dangerous, even when armed with a gun, to try and arrest him on her own, she's done the right thing there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 11:26:33 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 11:39:18 am »
Horrible. Love Sydney. RIP

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 01:05:20 pm »
Awful news. RIP to those lives lost so senselessly.  :(

Might want to change the thread title? Add some context?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 02:57:02 pm »
Pretty surreal that this is happening. We're exceptionally lucky in Sydney to have a very low violent crime rate, with seemingly most murders confined to gangs. But earlier this week a school kid stabbed another teen to death and now this. Just read that the mother of the baby that was also stabbed has died. What an absolute tragedy. The eyewitness account of two brothers who helped take the baby and compress its wounds to stop the bleeding is hard to read.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 12:34:26 am »
Police have given an update on the suspect. He's an Australian man from Queensland with a history of mental health issues.

Fortunately, if you can say that, it's not terrorist related. Also, the fact it was an Australian born person who committed this heinous act we can put to bed any chance of anti-immigrant group using this as a 'reason' to retaliate or protest, as has been seen in many other parts of the world.

Note: Bondi Junction and Sydney's Eastern Suburbs have a large Jewish community.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 11:04:22 am »
RIP to those killed and my condolences to their families and those injured.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 11:39:40 am »
Note: Bondi Junction and Sydney's Eastern Suburbs have a large Jewish community.

I've lived in Sydney 23 of the last 30 years and I have to say I wouldn't have known this. I googled and it seems to be true, approximately 15% in the Junction. I'm just not sure it's part of the public consciousness though. Hell, my wife is technically Jewish and her aunt is a community leader, and this never came up. I suppose a rabid anti Semite would be more dialled in, but it still surprises me that Junction demographics were raised as a potential motive.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 10:40:32 pm »
Some heartbreaking stories about the victims. Obviously the young mum. But also the young girl who was engaged, and the poor security guard who apparently try was on his first day on the job. Beyond tragic. Rest in peace, all of them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2024, 07:05:47 am »
Terrible story this.

Fortunately, if you can say that, it's not terrorist related. Also, the fact it was an Australian born person who committed this heinous act we can put to bed any chance of anti-immigrant group using this as a 'reason' to retaliate or protest, as has been seen in many other parts of the world.

Yep. Story isnt helped by bad dickheads like Rachel Riley feeding such conspiracy theories.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 11:54:51 am »
Terrible story this.

Yep. Story isnt helped by bad dickheads like Rachel Riley feeding such conspiracy theories.

Yeah, Riley and Hartley Brewer have exposed themselves as the racist c*nts they are.

They will keep their jobs though I imagine
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 12:09:00 pm »
What have they said? Or was it just the usual rush to imply the religion of the attacker?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 12:30:41 pm »
What have they said? Or was it just the usual rush to imply the religion of the attacker?

Yes

They got excited hoping to back up their own prejudice.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 01:04:44 pm »
This. At least in the case of Riley.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 01:05:55 pm »
Yes

They got excited hoping to back up their own prejudice.
No. Not really. At least - from what I have read - in the case of Riley.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:55:15 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 01:11:17 pm »
No. Not really. At least - from what I have read - in the of Riley.

Of course it was

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 06:18:38 pm »
Yeah, Riley and Hartley Brewer have exposed themselves as the racist c*nts they are.

you devalue your accusations when you just flop accusations like that out.

she pointed out historical facts of previous stabbing (and other) terror attacks during a famously documented campaign, and pointed out that some people in London and elsewhere are regularly gathering and chanting favourably about replicating and extending those campaigns.

not a single thing race-related in any of that. any explanation how you drew the conclusion she's a racist c*nt because she worries about sectarian violence?

she just wrote it at an ill-timed/judged tweet using a contemporaneous terror attack. which she subsequently apologised for

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024, 06:28:14 pm »

she pointed out historical facts of previous stabbing (and other) terror attacks during a famously documented campaign, and pointed out that some people in London and elsewhere are regularly gathering and chanting favourably about replicating and extending those campaigns.

not a single thing race-related in any of that. any explanation how you drew the conclusion she's a racist c*nt because she worries about sectarian violence?

she just wrote it at an ill-timed/judged tweet using a contemporaneous terror attack. which she subsequently apologised for

I guess it comes down to whether you see her apology as genuine or as a contrived post-hoc justification.

I'd also guess that opinions on that will likely be a proxy for opinions on the subject that is not to be discussed and so it's probably best just to leave it.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2024, 06:44:18 pm »
I guess it comes down to whether you see her apology as genuine or as a contrived post-hoc justification.

I'd also guess that opinions on that will likely be a proxy for opinions on the subject that is not to be discussed and so it's probably best just to leave it.
yep to the latter. she's someone whose mere existence boils the blood for a lot of people of a certain zealous, noisy - but fortunately now fringe - political persuasion. whatever she says or does they hate, largely on account of her campaigning against racism and bigotr (ironically).

on the former, while you're probably factually accurate it doesn't cover the 'is this racist' question for me. think these things are much more objective than that, or should be, and accusations like KJs should be far more considered. otherwise, you're just training people to ignore you as unreasonable (boy who cried wolf stuff) if you ever make similar accusations again against someone else in the future.

so whether or not the apology is considered sincere isn't relevant to whether she's a racist c*nt - and unless someone (ideally KJ but I don't expect it) can point to her mentioning anything to do with race/ethnicity in her words it feels like you can't objectively come to KJ's conclusion.

just as i was about to post, decided to search her name and funnily enough saw KJs posted about Rachel Riley tweets before - upset that her use of two emojis use wasn't seen as 'violence invoking' or "dangerous" as he claimed it was. so, realistically he's probably just throwing the "racist c*nt" label out because he dislikes her for proxy silly factional stuff you'd expect rather than something less disingenuous - almost entirely predictably
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 06:47:49 pm by classycarra »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2024, 07:53:20 pm »
yep to the latter. she's someone whose mere existence boils the blood for a lot of people of a certain zealous, noisy - but fortunately now fringe - political persuasion. whatever she says or does they hate, largely on account of her campaigning against racism and bigotr (ironically).

on the former, while you're probably factually accurate it doesn't cover the 'is this racist' question for me. think these things are much more objective than that, or should be, and accusations like KJs should be far more considered. otherwise, you're just training people to ignore you as unreasonable (boy who cried wolf stuff) if you ever make similar accusations again against someone else in the future.

so whether or not the apology is considered sincere isn't relevant to whether she's a racist c*nt - and unless someone (ideally KJ but I don't expect it) can point to her mentioning anything to do with race/ethnicity in her words it feels like you can't objectively come to KJ's conclusion.

just as i was about to post, decided to search her name and funnily enough saw KJs posted about Rachel Riley tweets before - upset that her use of two emojis use wasn't seen as 'violence invoking' or "dangerous" as he claimed it was. so, realistically he's probably just throwing the "racist c*nt" label out because he dislikes her for proxy silly factional stuff you'd expect rather than something less disingenuous - almost entirely predictably

I dont believe her apology,  she was linking the attack to intifada because she assumed the attacker was an Arab, because Muslims as terrorists is a well known trope
Her tweet was designed to use an awful event in Sydney to stir up hatred against Arabs/Muslims.

Sydney Mall is what they have been calling for

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2024, 08:57:29 pm »
I dont believe her apology,  she was linking the attack to intifada because she assumed the attacker was an Arab, because Muslims as terrorists is a well known trope
Her tweet was designed to use an awful event in Sydney to stir up hatred against Arabs/Muslims.

Sydney Mall is what they have been calling for
I continue to fail to understand how Riley's jumping to conclusions makes her 'a racist c*nt'. You really need to explain that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2024, 09:02:50 pm »

She implied the race of the attacker and tried to link the attack to Islamic violence.

I dont actually think that was the worst thing as she could have just made a mistake and rage tweeted or something. The issue was then afterwards she created some story to make it seem that she wasnt in fact doing that. She should have just said sorry that she didnt fact check and that she shouldnt have linked this to some islamic extremism.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2024, 09:03:23 pm »
Such a serious topic but I can't help but snigger every time I read the title.

Too much Carry On as a kid.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2024, 09:03:56 pm »
I continue to fail to understand how Riley's jumping to conclusions makes her 'a racist c*nt'. You really need to explain that.

The apology is the bigger issue in all this.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2024, 09:05:27 pm »
Yep.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2024, 09:07:00 pm »
She implied the race of the attacker and tried to link the attack to Islamic violence.

I dont actually think that was the worst thing as she could have just made a mistake and rage tweeted or something. The issue was then afterwards she created some story to make it seem that she wasnt in fact doing that. She should have just said sorry that she didnt fact check and that she shouldnt have linked this to some islamic extremism.
I think that's reasonable.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2024, 09:08:43 pm »
The apology is the bigger issue in all this.
Yes. It was far from fulsome. As you said, she should have apologized for jumping to conclusions and without equivocation.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2024, 09:13:43 pm »
Yes. It was far from fulsome. As you said, she should have apologized for jumping to conclusions and without equivocation.

She then did the whole, I cant be racist, i know some people of that race because they helped me.

Either way it was ridiculous and probably it shouldnt really be in this thread or take up much of it.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2024, 09:15:18 pm »

Assuming the attacker was a Arab/Muslim so supporting the stereotype that they are  terrorists.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2024, 09:24:01 pm »
Assuming the attacker was a Arab/Muslim so supporting the stereotype that they are  terrorists.
But does that make her a 'racist' and a 'c*nt' to boot? I am not saying that there are no legitimate complaints to make about her original comments or apology (such as it was).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2024, 09:26:09 pm »
But does that make her a 'racist' and a 'c*nt' to boot? I am not saying that there are no legitimate complaints to make about her original comments or apology (such as it was).

Yes.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2024, 10:02:31 pm »
what part of her tweet said or did that? where's the quote?

so far the only person i've seen linking ethnicity to negative stereotypes is you (however, I'm not gonna leap to calling you racist!)
sorry, again can you use a quote to explain this wild conclusion? i'm at a loss to where the incitement is - but maybe i've missed some words from the tweet that weren't reported?

from my understanding, if she was stirring up hatred it was a hatred of people who go round stabbing innocent civilians - a hatred I think i feel some empathy towards
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:04:07 pm by classycarra »

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2024, 10:30:16 pm »
what part of her tweet said or did that? where's the quote?

so far the only person i've seen linking ethnicity to negative stereotypes is you (however, I'm not gonna leap to calling you racist!)sorry, again can you use a quote to explain this wild conclusion? i'm at a loss to where the incitement is - but maybe i've missed some words from the tweet that weren't reported?

from my understanding, if she was stirring up hatred it was a hatred of people who go round stabbing innocent civilians - a hatred I think i feel some empathy towards

Here's what she said:

For six months now, people have been out on our streets proudly calling for the ‘Intifada Revolution’. If you want to know what ‘Globalised Intifada’ looks like, see the Sydney Mall.

Five victims stabbed to death and eight transferred to hospital, including a baby, due to one man and a knife.

In the second intifada over 1,000 Israelis were murdered in restaurants, on buses and in the streets by suicide bombings, stabbings, stoning, lynching, shooting rockets. The youngest victim was just nine hours old.

Sydney mall, multiple times over is what they’ve been proudly calling for.

She obviously assumed it was an Islamist terror attack. Don't really blame her, it would be the prime suspect and I'd wager most our initial guesses would have been the same, but daft for a public figure to make that leap on twitter before the facts are known.

If it actually was an Islamist terror attack what she wrote would've been spot on

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:37 am »
Here's what she said:

She obviously assumed it was an Islamist terror attack. Don't really blame her, it would be the prime suspect and I'd wager most our initial guesses would have been the same, but daft for a public figure to make that leap on twitter before the facts are known.

If it actually was an Islamist terror attack what she wrote would've been spot on
Yeah that would be my guess too, although she's obviously not gone as far as saying that.

As said before, there's nothing in there about race/ethnicity. And even if she did mention fundamentalist terrorists more specifically, which she clearly hasn't, that still isn't anything to do with race/ethnicity. The issue is the distasteful timing, using it to share something that's obviously an ongoing legitimate concern for her.

So KJs accusation still just looks daft and probably more influenced by an apparent long term dislike of her for political/factional reasons that cloud rationality.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2024, 10:02:57 am »

So KJs accusation still just looks daft and probably more influenced by an apparent long term dislike of her for political/factional reasons that cloud rationality.

I was thinking similar about your defence of her.  Reeks of an agenda :wave

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2024, 10:13:34 am »
I didn't know who this Rachel Riley was until five minutes ago, but if you start publicly attributing atrocities to a race or religion before the facts are known (and don't give me "she didn't say that, only that this is what X looks like"... end result is the same), then that is the dictionary definition of prejudice right there. I also see on Wikipedia that she ran an anti-fake news campaign, so she also a massive hypocrite. Can't say she's made a great first impression, I must say!