Author Topic: a question for one of the mods  (Read 131717 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: a question for one of the mods
« Reply #1000 on: April 24, 2024, 04:53:13 pm »
I was thinking about next seasons pre match threads earlier and this also got me thinking about post match.

Not so much in what we the pre match writers do, but I wondered about closing all players threads at KO and not re-opening them until the next day?

This would help keep all discussion relating to the match in one place including player performances.

Once the initial post match thread calms down, we’re more likely to get considered opinions, thoughts etc which could improve the player threads and avoid some of the mud slinging and back and forth that currently makes them no go areas for some posters on here.

I know closing threads is probably a bit of a ball ache for mods but I think some of the match day Comms also have the ability.

Just an idea. Might be worth a trial, see how it works?

Good suggestion duvva, I think most of the commentary team can do that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: April 24, 2024, 08:53:09 pm »
Same dickheads as always in the Nunez thread mid game slagging him off
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1002 on: April 24, 2024, 09:05:28 pm »
Well I think the point has been made better than I ever could
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: April 24, 2024, 10:15:15 pm »
Probably should have started this tonight

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1004 on: April 24, 2024, 10:19:36 pm »
Shouldn't have bothered opening the thread on the Main Board but then the pollution would be in all the other threads, maybe close the entire site down when we lose!

I mean that some nark has actually said that Klopp has lost the dressing room, I mean WTAF
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1005 on: April 24, 2024, 10:20:37 pm »
Good suggestion duvva, I think most of the commentary team can do that.
don't think we can lock threads on the Main Board Jill, at least I can't, I had a look tonight as was going to do it

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: April 24, 2024, 10:26:22 pm »
don't think we can lock threads on the Main Board Jill, at least I can't, I had a look tonight as was going to do it
I can’t either but I think Tepid and Jill can

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1007 on: April 24, 2024, 10:56:59 pm »
I can’t either but I think Tepid and Jill can
👍 definitely needs to happen

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2024, 11:08:09 pm »
I put this in the fallout thread the other day, in a similar suggestion to duvva's

I feel like the most match threads should be labelled 'Reaction' threads. Let everyone get out their words, lets face it having a conversation during the mass of posts after a loss, or after a win is impossible and pointless, especially while emotions are running high. Don't bother quoting anyone and trying to get them to explain something said after we've just lost an annoying game. As long as there is nothing horrific said.

We should then have the proper breakdown thread that opens the next morning, allow people to give their thoughts on the game in full whether its tactical or emotive, no short shitty posts that add nothing. Full thoughts, full breakdown, if you challenge something you do it in an adult way. Anyone that starts trying to cause arguments or throws insults at players, fans, other posters, just fuck them off the site for a bit.

There is just no point in anyone going through the post match threads to try and give proper debate 20 minutes after a game. I'd even just lock all player threads for a while, but obviously that weighs heavy on the mods.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1009 on: April 26, 2024, 12:44:10 pm »
Question to the mods, does blaming Klopp's departure on the documentary still carry a ban?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: April 26, 2024, 01:27:10 pm »
Question to the mods, does blaming Klopp's departure on the documentary still carry a ban?
I'm not sure if anyone was initially banned but any such posts will be deleted so its a waste of typing time :)

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: April 26, 2024, 06:01:07 pm »
I hate the player threads, I'd rather we just had a thread for a topic, easier to read and well, delete when someone has a meltdown.
I put this in the fallout thread the other day, in a similar suggestion to duvva's

Losing the player threads could be a better way to go and as suggested by Claire and Elzar having threads for topics. Would certainly be more manageable for mods I’d have thought.

It’s a team game anyway so whatever we have to say about the players in respect of their form/performance should be in that context and would fit in with post match reaction threads.

If anyone feels a topic around the team/manager/coaches/tactics/back room staff/owners etc needs a more in depth discussion then they can start a thread on that (we already have some). Although these can also end up in circular discussion it should be easier to mod, and encourage more nuanced and contextual discussion than we often get in the player threads.

Certainly think some changes are worth consideration to try and encourage posters who avoid the main forum back and hopefully discourage those who just want to vent at players or drive player based negatively.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #1012 on: April 26, 2024, 06:43:24 pm »
Potentially an incredibly prescient username choice by the OP
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: April 26, 2024, 09:33:05 pm »
Potentially an incredibly prescient username choice by the OP
;D  brilliant.
 It's taken a few years but finally we see the fun in Party Phil  :)

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #1014 on: April 26, 2024, 10:14:26 pm »
;D  brilliant.
 It's taken a few years but finally we see the fun in Party Phil  :)

It's only taken me 19 years to win you over  :'(
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: April 26, 2024, 11:13:44 pm »
I reckon player threads are OK but the idea of locking them during games is a good one; could they be moved to a specific Current Players sub-forum, would that make it easier to lock/unlock? Also would sit nicely alongside the Former Players sub-forum.

One of the nice things about a player thread is being able to revisit their journey from Lean Day to Leave Day, it would be a shame to lose that just because people are emotional about a derailed title push.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: April 27, 2024, 09:22:00 am »
I reckon player threads are OK but the idea of locking them during games is a good one; could they be moved to a specific Current Players sub-forum, would that make it easier to lock/unlock? Also would sit nicely alongside the Former Players sub-forum.

One of the nice things about a player thread is being able to revisit their journey from Lean Day to Leave Day, it would be a shame to lose that just because people are emotional about a derailed title push.

Fucking hell. It's got nothing to do with that  :butt

Have a read of the Nunez thread from any month that isn't April. It's littered with c*nts sticking the boot in at any opportunity. These pricks probably couldn't point to Liverpool on a map yet sit watching on their Now TV subscription hoping he'll lose the ball or hit an effort wide just so they can get another 10 posts in saying how crap he is.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: April 27, 2024, 02:38:33 pm »
Deffo need to lock the player threads, the vitriloic shite being posted in the Salah thread from a couple of people deserves a ban.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1018 on: April 27, 2024, 02:47:08 pm »
Feel free to ban me, because I've never felt so disconnected from the fans of this club and it would probably do me good not to be here any more.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1019 on: April 28, 2024, 11:17:51 pm »
Might be a good idea actually mate.
Just before I was made a Mod, very nearly 10 years ago, most player threads were actually banned because they were toxic.

We'll probably have a discussion about it.

OY!! I thought of it first - Fallout Shelter thread, April 8th:

A lot of the post game noise is venting but it gets out of hand in a heartbeat. I wonder if a standard 24hr lock on all player threads after every game  would improve things?

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1020 on: April 29, 2024, 08:39:47 am »
A separate board for players threads might be worth it, easier to lock as a whole for a period after the game, leaves the main board for actual topics of interest and discussion, rather than just having 18 player threads bumped every week.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: April 29, 2024, 10:03:54 am »
SMF permissions are insane so probs not that simple.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1022 on: April 29, 2024, 10:54:40 am »
SMF permissions are insane so probs not that simple.

Just delete them all when we lose then. :D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: April 29, 2024, 12:42:38 pm »
Just delete them all when we lose then. :D

The threads or the posters? ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1024 on: April 29, 2024, 01:57:35 pm »

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: May 1, 2024, 11:38:35 am »
What does having the Black Lives Matter symbol prominently on your website mean when there cannot be a discussion about the fact that the same state violence used to suppress the BLM protests is being turned on a student-led protest that is in every major American university? The same kids who marched for BLM are again experiencing state violence for protesting.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: May 1, 2024, 12:01:13 pm »
What does having the Black Lives Matter symbol prominently on your website mean when there cannot be a discussion about the fact that the same state violence used to suppress the BLM protests is being turned on a student-led protest that is in every major American university? The same kids who marched for BLM are again experiencing state violence for protesting.
Hi Mimi, there's lots of issues we could explore about the difference and for us to try to suggest that you mustn't conflate the two subjects, but we don't want the discussion. We've decided we don't want Gaza as a topic on this forum, at the moment or for the foreseeable future that is not debatable and we've asked on several occasions that this is respected.
If it is absolutely imperative for you to get your voice heard or your opinions known there are many other places for you to express them.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #1027 on: Yesterday at 09:20:56 pm »
So we still don't have a topic on the horrors inflicted by Israel on Palestinians with over 30,000 dead,  the violation of numerous international laws and brazen threats to commit to more action with potentially hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties?.

I understand the logic that this is a football forum and the mods do not want to deal with the fallout of heated discussions in these topics, but at the same time, there is an active News and current affairs sub section with numerous discussions going on currently. I see numerous posts criticising the likes of Iran, Russia and even India for their actions and positions on various issues but for whatever reason any discussion on Israel and Palestine is not permitted.

The entire world is talking about it. There have been protests going on in many countries, including the well publicised American student protests.

Why is any discussion on these matters completely prohibited? I also understand some 'senior' members have made it their fiduciary duty to jump to Israel's defence in any such discussion and make excuses/offer justifications for their actions. This leads to heated discussions, which is understandably a headache for moderators. However a complete prohibition on any discussion on Israel's actions feels dissonant in a place that claims a strong left wing legacy.

I came here after a while, jumped into the news section expecting pages and pages of discussion, only to find zilch.

I don't expect any justification or explanation from the mods. As a member since 2011, I am just unable to accept the 'evolution' of the politics of this place.

Phuk yoo

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: Yesterday at 09:31:37 pm »
We've decided we don't want Gaza as a topic on this forum, at the moment or for the foreseeable future that is not debatable and we've asked on several occasions that this is respected.
If it is absolutely imperative for you to get your voice heard or your opinions known there are many other places for you to express them.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly