Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2015926 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #16560 on: July 2, 2023, 10:37:55 am »
But we didn't say no to Sterling money. I remember we were pissed for not getting more.

It's my personal view, the club makes it's own decision obviously.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16561 on: July 2, 2023, 10:45:48 am »
I suppose this all comes down to what standards and expectations you place on footballers. If you believe they are exceptional human beings with tremendous levels of morality and standards then you will be heartbroken when stuff like this happens. If on the other hand you believe they are basically normal people who earn a massive amount of money and will go wherever that massive amount of money can be gained as quickly as possible, you wont be surprised at all.

I think we place some weird expectations on Liverpool players, and assume that because they've been touched by the magic of our club and become integral parts of it that this then means they've bought into the culture and history of the city and the club. Most players who come here do so for money or to play at the highest level. They've all made decisions based on some form of greed to become Liverpool players in the first place, but some choose to think they've picked us because they've made some political or moral choice.

Its never been that way. We famously had a dressing room full of Tories in the 80s at the very time that party was trying to ruin the city. Emlyn Hughes and others played their formative years under Shankly in the late 60s and early 70s but didn't think anything wrong with going for a photo op with Thatcher only a few years later.

Hughes is a club legend, one of the greatest captains we've ever had, he should be revered for what he did on the field, but for me it stops there. I'm the same with people like Firmino. He was a great Liverpool player, nothing else. His private life, his beliefs and his motivations are a complete mystery to me, and I'd have no desire to find out about them if they weren't. He's a footballer, a lad who is good at a sport. Why that makes some think he's a moral saint who will only ever make true and moralistic choices baffles me, because sticking a Liverpool shirt on doesn't make you a good person, although we'd hope our manager picks mainly good people to represent us.

I have higher standards over Klopp, because I think the manager is a different category and any Liverpool manager worth his salt does get a sense for what the club is about. He also speaks more openly about his beliefs and his outlook, and I think this is why we love him because we know he gets us. I've never had the sense that most players get us, and I've never really cared. They are cogs in a team, and if the team is led by a manager who gets us, I'm happy with that. But I don't think it is a players job to get us, it's their job to fight for the team and try and win us football games.

There are exceptions of course. Henderson as captain has spoken in ways that allow me to respect him as a fella as well as a player, but again like the manager, being captain does come with greater responsibilities and means you end up talking more about non footballing matters at times. But most players never tell us who they vote for, what they think about political and social issues or why they even ended up at Liverpool in the first place. And I'm not bothered if they do because half the time I'd be disappointed in the answer, much like I would be if I picked out 10 people in most towns and asked them those questions.

Firmino is.free to do what he wants, and I'm free to think he's an idiot for doing it. But I never really looked at him as anything other than a lad playing football, and I find it strange that some people worship players as if they are just like us, when they're clearly not. I'll still love what he did as a Liverpool player, he gave me amazing memories, but that's it for me, he's a lad who played for my club, nothing more.

Now Gerrard and Fowler, lads from Liverpool, different story altogether.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16562 on: July 2, 2023, 11:03:50 am »
Fair point it was late, I obviously misunderstood. :D, I actually agree with the last point as well, I wouldn't want any of their dirty money either. It probably makes little sense football wise but entirely due to not wanting to legitimise their nasty operation.

And that’s the key. They use Bobby’s status as a player and Fowler’s legendary aura as a means of vicariously linking their sub standard football league to one of the giants of world football. LFC.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16563 on: July 2, 2023, 11:18:03 am »
And that’s the key. They use Bobby’s status as a player and Fowler’s legendary aura as a means of vicariously linking their sub standard football league to one of the giants of world football. LFC.

Absolutely.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #16564 on: July 2, 2023, 12:11:30 pm »
This is what you said...

No 'twisting', 'implying' or 'completely twisted my words' at all.

What does myself going there for money have to do with their leader handing out death sentences?

What does Bobby going there directly have to do with death sentences?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16565 on: July 2, 2023, 12:18:54 pm »
What does myself going there for money have to do with their leader handing out death sentences?

The whole point of sportswashing is to deflect away from human rights abuses and create positive PR for the regime. That is why they are throwing ridiculous money at Footballers, Golfers and Boxers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #16566 on: July 2, 2023, 12:23:34 pm »
The whole point of sportswashing is to deflect away from human rights abuses and create positive PR for the regime. That is why they are throwing ridiculous money at Footballers, Golfers and Boxers.

But I don’t know anyone whose opinion is changed by that and I know just as many people who were talking about their human rights abuse before as I do now, the league hasn’t distracted anyone, nor has the golf or the boxers. If anything, more people know about the atrocities now.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #16567 on: July 2, 2023, 12:56:10 pm »

Ah, so we're moving on from you accusing me of 'twisting', 'implying' or 'completely twisted my words' - despite trying to claim that you...

I said footballers GOING TO PLAY THERE.

when you actually said...

Worse issues in the world then footballers going to Saudi for money, asif most of you guys wouldn't in the same position.

If you think I'm going to continue having a conversation with someone who does that, then claim I've twisted their words and purposefully or completely taken them out of context... doesn't acknowledge or apologise for their shit when proven wrong, and then tries to change/expand the subject into other areas...

...go give your head a wobble.

If you genuinely want some answers/further reading, then give RAWK's '2022 Qatar World Cup' thread a thorough read through:

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305953.0

and don't try to bullshit, cast blame onto others for your own words, and then attempt to change the subject, in the future... though that is completely up to you, of course.

« Last Edit: July 2, 2023, 12:58:31 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16568 on: July 2, 2023, 01:10:49 pm »
Mate I wrote about Firmino and other footballers going to play there and you’ve quoted me with an article about death sentences. If I’m wrong about most people going there fair enough but in your reply you’ve said “ worse things going on in the world “ and have brought up the human rights issues which doesn’t have anything to do with Roberto Firmino working there or me if I did, sorry that you don’t agree with me on that but don’t change what I said.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16569 on: July 2, 2023, 01:14:42 pm »

I understand that is why they are doing it, Roberto Firmino playing football there doesn't change my mind about them and it doesn't change my mind about him either. Grow up like he did and maybe can doubt him. Don't compare his upbringing to growing up in England like Gerrard or Flower did.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16570 on: July 2, 2023, 01:17:56 pm »
Mate I wrote about Firmino and other footballers going to play there and you’ve quoted me with an article about death sentences. If I’m wrong about most people going there fair enough but in your reply you’ve said “ worse things going on in the world “ and have brought up the human rights issues which doesn’t have anything to do with Roberto Firmino working there or me if I did, sorry that you don’t agree with me on that but don’t change what I said.

It's legitimizes the whole league when players go there, they are bringing respectability to a government who currently has a numbers of people, including children waiting on death row for doing something as banal as standing up for their human"rights." The whole sport of football is doing a smashing job at ignoring what's going on in the world as the Qatar World Cup proved, but it still doesn't excuse why so few footballers give this even the vaguest of thought before counting the money.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #16571 on: July 2, 2023, 01:18:03 pm »

I think everyone can clearly see what you wrote - and what you are continuing to do. This 'conversation' is over (for the reasons stated above). But, please continue...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16572 on: July 2, 2023, 01:22:23 pm »
It's legitimizes the whole league when players go there, they are bringing respectability to a government who currently has a numbers of people, including children waiting on death row for doing something as banal as standing up for their human"rights." The whole sport of football is doing a smashing job at ignoring what's going on in the world as the Qatar World Cup proved, but it still doesn't excuse why so few footballers give this even the vaguest of thought before counting the money.

Many people who didn't know what was going on there will probably learn about it hence there " favorite players" are going there.

It may "legitimize" the league but it also might bring more eyes to what actually is going on once people ask them selves why are these players getting so much money to play there.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16573 on: July 2, 2023, 01:22:44 pm »

I think everyone can clearly see what you wrote - and what you are continuing to do. This 'conversation' is over (for the reasons stated above). But, please continue...

Ok mate  :wave

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16574 on: July 2, 2023, 03:28:25 pm »

Because at the end of the day its that leaders money they are getting.
Its his image & state that's being washed by the association.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16575 on: July 2, 2023, 03:33:17 pm »
But we didn't say no to Sterling money. I remember we were pissed for not getting more.

You not interested in that free all inclusive cruise ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16576 on: July 2, 2023, 03:35:46 pm »

The fact that you seem to be refusing to get it is part of the problem.

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #16577 on: July 2, 2023, 03:43:22 pm »

You not interested in that free all inclusive cruise ?

Now we're sucking diesel.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16578 on: July 2, 2023, 03:46:53 pm »

Now we're sucking diesel.

;D

You can claim it as well but you'd need to wear neon pink hot pants to qualify

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #16579 on: July 2, 2023, 04:42:56 pm »
This line of thought embodies exactly the sportswashers strategy. Exactly. Why are money the problem, this is free capitalism, anyone who has them can buy anything they want. It's not a clear line, it's not black and white; that's part of the strategy. And the money have certain appeal to all of us, but if you don't think where they came from, you can still be complicit. Like the British government and FA acceptance of Abramivich in the PL; he was a proper owner a few years ago, and when the Ukraine war started, he was suddenly a bad guy. The same has happened with the acceptance of Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia, and no one bats an eye.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16580 on: July 2, 2023, 11:21:57 pm »
we all know footballers don't generally study politics and have a passionate interest in human rights issues - sorry to generalise but it's true - there are some but the voices are little

so i'd be surprised if bobby has looked into the issue of human rights and the furore and politics that surround it before making his decision (which doesn't excuse him of course)

but he's most probably thinking of his family and future first

and i do hate to talk for him but i don't think we'll ever hear his side of things

again, it's the 'separating the art from the artist' thing all over again - and my personal take on that is that it is solely up to the individual and their own moral compass as to what they think is acceptable

but when taking lots and lots and lots of money from genuinely evil people then it does sit uneasy with me

You don’t need a degree in politics to understand KSAs human rights abuses. He knows.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #16581 on: July 2, 2023, 11:37:12 pm »

I still don’t get the mentality behind sports washing. Would we be here right now talking about Saudi Arabia’s shit human rights record if Bobby hadn’t signed for them? It just brings more attention to it rather then hide it.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16582 on: July 3, 2023, 08:17:30 am »
I still don’t get the mentality behind sports washing. Would we be here right now talking about Saudi Arabia’s shit human rights record if Bobby hadn’t signed for them? It just brings more attention to it rather then hide it.

The (some) of the posters on here are reasonably well informed about football and the world in general. You just have to look at any comments column in the media to see that lack of knowledge, intelligence and a basic grasp of communication of so called football fans.

I bet not one Ronaldo FC supporter were any wiser about KSA’s human rights abuses when he went to play there.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #16583 on: July 3, 2023, 09:28:37 am »
Ah, so we're moving on from you accusing me of 'twisting', 'implying' or 'completely twisted my words' - despite trying to claim that you...

when you actually said...

If you think I'm going to continue having a conversation with someone who does that, then claim I've twisted their words and purposefully or completely taken them out of context... doesn't acknowledge or apologise for their shit when proven wrong, and then tries to change/expand the subject into other areas...

...go give your head a wobble.

If you genuinely want some answers/further reading, then give RAWK's '2022 Qatar World Cup' thread a thorough read through:

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305953.0

and don't try to bullshit, cast blame onto others for your own words, and then attempt to change the subject, in the future... though that is completely up to you, of course.

If you read the ‘you guys’ in his comment as being ‘you people who play football professionally on this forum’ then there is no controversy, no?

Just for arguments’ sake, he could have been intending to speak to the many current and former LFC players who frequent the forum …

Albeit I don’t think so …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16584 on: July 3, 2023, 09:35:53 am »
You don’t need a degree in politics to understand KSAs human rights abuses. He knows.

Most footballers will judge things by their own experience, and of course when you're elite, you're going to have an elite experience in those countries. As others have said, footballers are not the brightest humans, probably because of the lifestyle and having very little time for education - most of them move abroad at very young age, so they don't understand many issues of regular folks.

Zlatan is the best example:

https://youtu.be/2hzfoFfZKxk
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16585 on: July 3, 2023, 09:39:32 am »

It's not about sportwashing.  That narrative is wrong. It's just about broadening their power and influence.  They couldn' give a shit about deflecting away from human rights abuses etc.  Most of the things they do, are done in secret anyway (golf takeover), Newcastle and Chelsea ownership), so it's not about getting good publicity.

In short, the 'Sportswashing' idea is wrong.  It's all about power, influence and control. 
« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 09:41:07 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #16586 on: July 3, 2023, 09:40:39 am »
I love the hypocrisy.

Bobby is going for the money.

He is being criticised for going for the money but a large percentage of posters would bite the hand off any Saudi club who were willing to massively overpay for our players.

Er, proof?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #16587 on: July 3, 2023, 10:37:55 am »
Er, proof?

Al did a scientific survey earlier.

Or possibly he just made it up. Not sure which.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #16588 on: July 3, 2023, 10:51:07 am »
If you read the ‘you guys’ in his comment as being ‘you people who play football professionally on this forum’ then there is no controversy, no?

Just for arguments’ sake, he could have been intending to speak to the many current and former LFC players who frequent the forum …

;D

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #16589 on: July 3, 2023, 12:46:04 pm »
Most footballers will judge things by their own experience, and of course when you're elite, you're going to have an elite experience in those countries. As others have said, footballers are not the brightest humans, probably because of the lifestyle and having very little time for education - most of them move abroad at very young age, so they don't understand many issues of regular folks.

Zlatan is the best example:

https://youtu.be/2hzfoFfZKxk

Yep living in a very luxurious cosseted bubble is not going to help you see the bigger picture. And yes, there’s a lack of education too perhaps. But also a third factor, pertinent to Bobby. A lot of players were dirt poor growing up. When you have that experience you learn it’s money first, morals second. Look at China, they’ve successfully* lifted 700 million people out of poverty in the last couple of decades. That is phenomenal, probably up there as one of the biggest leaps forward in human history. Sadly, they’ve done it in a very dirty way, terrible for the environment locally and internationally and they’ve squashed any kind of self governance model you can imagine. The Han (China’s main and most compliant ethnic group) are even being moved en masse to populate China’s fringes so that they will out number any separatist democracy. Yet, in their eyes, they’ve still “won”. I wouldn’t mind betting that Bobby is still feeling like one of life’s winners even when he’s sipping the Saudi dollar. We’ll see much more of this in the next few years as the Middle East weans itself off oil and on to being a globally important tourism and leisure destination.

For the avoidance of doubt (some posters think I’m pro-Saudi just because I like chatting through the issues from different angles :butt) I’m from the net zero, woke, liberal, Gary Lineker/Alastair Campbell podcasteratti side of life, much to Suella’s distaste.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 12:48:34 pm by Penfold78 »

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #16590 on: July 3, 2023, 01:55:29 pm »
Yep living in a very luxurious cosseted bubble is not going to help you see the bigger picture. And yes, there’s a lack of education too perhaps. But also a third factor, pertinent to Bobby. A lot of players were dirt poor growing up. When you have that experience you learn it’s money first, morals second.

That's not a bad point, although I think you exaggerate its frequency. Many poor people fight against poverty and inequality - they always have done, hence the existence of things like the labour movement.

Bobby clearly isn't like that. I had an uneasy feeling watching the 'documentary' that the club made for him and his family, and expressed some of my thoughts on here before this Saudi business blew up. It was a pure puff-piece of course, but he and his family came across as a bit self-obsessed. They had nothing of interest to say about Liverpool (the place) or poverty in Brazil or any wider issue beyond the family and religion. When Bobby talked about discovering Christ (after he won the European Cup, not before) it was all about Christ giving him and his family a good life. Rewarding him in other words. Blessing him. Not a god of social justice, but a god making sure Bobby had a nice life. Then he tinkled out a tune on his piano that was barely audible, half crooned a few words, and clapped himself. I think you got the measure of the man there. Vacuous!

I don't mind that. It's Bobby the footballer that I love. Whenever you look for the man behind the footballer you love you're often likely to be disappointed. The sport itself continues to throw up self-obsessed individuals who don't think beyond their own wealth and status. It's partly why we have World Cups in places like Qatar.

On the other hand there are admirable footballers too. Our Jordan Henderson has the 'right stuff' about him. Marcus Rashford does. Bielsa, who managed Leeds, clearly thought beyond the game. And of course there's Jurgen and there was Shanks. But they're older.

Bobby will make tons in Saudi. HIs poor wife won't have much of a social life, but will probably have yet more cosmetic surgery. The kids? It's them I feel sorry for. Will they be expected to live there too? Not much of a life.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16591 on: July 3, 2023, 02:51:10 pm »

I play adult league on Tuesday nights - 7 v 7.

I know that I need to rebuff the sportswashers when they come for me.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #16592 on: July 3, 2023, 06:51:43 pm »
That's not a bad point, although I think you exaggerate its frequency. Many poor people fight against poverty and inequality - they always have done, hence the existence of things like the labour movement.

Bobby clearly isn't like that. I had an uneasy feeling watching the 'documentary' that the club made for him and his family, and expressed some of my thoughts on here before this Saudi business blew up. It was a pure puff-piece of course, but he and his family came across as a bit self-obsessed. They had nothing of interest to say about Liverpool (the place) or poverty in Brazil or any wider issue beyond the family and religion. When Bobby talked about discovering Christ (after he won the European Cup, not before) it was all about Christ giving him and his family a good life. Rewarding him in other words. Blessing him. Not a god of social justice, but a god making sure Bobby had a nice life. Then he tinkled out a tune on his piano that was barely audible, half crooned a few words, and clapped himself. I think you got the measure of the man there. Vacuous!

I don't mind that. It's Bobby the footballer that I love. Whenever you look for the man behind the footballer you love you're often likely to be disappointed. The sport itself continues to throw up self-obsessed individuals who don't think beyond their own wealth and status. It's partly why we have World Cups in places like Qatar.

On the other hand there are admirable footballers too. Our Jordan Henderson has the 'right stuff' about him. Marcus Rashford does. Bielsa, who managed Leeds, clearly thought beyond the game. And of course there's Jurgen and there was Shanks. But they're older.

Bobby will make tons in Saudi. HIs poor wife won't have much of a social life, but will probably have yet more cosmetic surgery. The kids? It's them I feel sorry for. Will they be expected to live there too? Not much of a life.

Good post.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #16593 on: July 3, 2023, 09:17:59 pm »
I play adult league on Tuesday nights - 7 v 7.

I know that I need to rebuff the sportswashers when they come for me.

More power to you then

YNWA …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #16594 on: July 4, 2023, 11:54:04 am »

Informative post Yorky as I didn’t see that Docu about Bobby and family.

Not really surprised you came to that conclusion and it’s true that many of our idols on the field are a disappointment off it. Crazy Horse was another one if I remember.

It will be interesting to see next summer if Bobby and his family do have anything to say about Liverpool and it’s people after living in such a restricted society.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16595 on: July 4, 2023, 01:24:33 pm »
I don't know what firmino spends his money on .. hopefully he isn't funding churches back in Brazil.  I wonder how I would feel if it were Salah or Mane going to Saudi, both players with history of investing in their home communities.

few years in Saudi could fund a school or two .. or a big fuck of evangelical church ..

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16596 on: July 4, 2023, 01:42:48 pm »
I don't know what firmino spends his money on .. hopefully he isn't funding churches back in Brazil.  I wonder how I would feel if it were Salah or Mane going to Saudi, both players with history of investing in their home communities.

few years in Saudi could fund a school or two .. or a big fuck of evangelical church ..

Sadio has been linked with a move there today, although I think it's via the Mail.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #16597 on: July 4, 2023, 08:34:42 pm »
'Liverpool hero Roberto Firmino completes move to Saudi Pro League with Al Ahli':-

Roberto Firmino has completed his move to Saudi Pro League side Al Ahli after his Liverpool contract expired at the end of last season.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/07/04/liverpool-hero-roberto-firmino-completes-move-to-saudi-pro-league-19067921

'Roberto Firmino: Saudi Arabian side Al-Ahli sign Brazil forward after Liverpool exit': www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66105022

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/2023/07/04/al-ahli-da-arabia-saudita-anuncia-roberto-firmino.ghtml - with presentation video of Bobby in an Al Ahli shirt.

Al Ahli info - www.alahlifc.sa : www.facebook.com/alahlifc1937 : https://twitter.com/alahli_fc : www.instagram.com/alahliclub.sa : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Ahli_Saudi_FC

The 'A few videos and some info on Bobby...' post: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325807.msg18450488#msg18450488 - won't be updated anymore.

« Last Edit: July 5, 2023, 12:50:00 am by oojason »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #16598 on: July 4, 2023, 08:37:44 pm »
Retired
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16599 on: July 4, 2023, 08:44:43 pm »
3 year deal he's signed. Good luck to Bobby.

Lets' move him to the retired forum.  :wave