Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1390274 times)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2017, 09:50:22 pm »
Some excellent defending tonight

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2017, 09:51:00 pm »
Played on sunday and didn't stop chasing and running for a second, today. Good energy from him
The change is cast

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2017, 10:09:49 pm »
Literally didn't put a foot wrong and bailed us out a couple of times when it looked like Plymouth would have a decent chance. He will be a cracking player in time.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2017, 10:37:14 pm »
Full credit to him

Sublime tonight, some crucial tackles and tucking in behind the centre backs

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2017, 11:05:49 pm »
MOTM for me.

Always available, can beat a man. Would have done even better upfield had the ball been passed to him quicker.

Wonderful defensive awareness. Saved our bacon a couple of times. Clyney will be looking over his shoulder.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2017, 11:13:28 pm »
MOTM for me.

Always available, can beat a man. Would have done even better upfield had the ball been passed to him quicker.

Wonderful defensive awareness. Saved our bacon a couple of times. Clyney will be looking over his shoulder.

Agreed, I think he was very good tonight.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2017, 11:14:09 pm »
I love the fact that this kid has potentially saved us a fortune in the transfer market, he's Scouse and he's OURS!!! Plus he's clearly still growing into his body, so there is probably a lot more to come in terms of his physicality. Could he be the first of the next generation of Academy grads who hit it big time? He couldn't be playing for a better manager who can develop him, that's for sure.

God I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it. Been a while since I've been genuinely impressed by the coolness, the ability, the intelligence of a young player. After 6 first team appearances as well. What a prospect.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:54 pm »
If Clyne had that game we'd laying into him. Getting caught in possession in the second half very nearly cost us, and many of their attacks came from his side.

Very young, and I can't imagine the pressure involved making your league debut (at 18) at that shit hole, but I don't think he's ready to be a PL starter just yet.

He did get caught in possession although he was a bit unfortunate how it broke so kindly by Martial. Martial is absolutely rapid by the way, and had a five years start on him, played a great ball to Ibrahimovic who did likewise. United broke at real pace and the ball was played back for Martial yet Alexander-Arnold had bust a gut ro get back and just sid enough to put Martial off.

Yes it was a bad initial error but the recovery pace was very impressive, as was his attitude in getting back to make up for his error.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2017, 11:25:13 pm »
Many attacks came down his side ? You have milner on one side and a 18 year old kid on the other side. Of course United will target him and thei did. He could have come in cocky today but performed brilliantly. Still young but clyne and him looks very promising
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2017, 11:31:17 pm »
That block tonight though when the Plymouth lad was clean through, he knew the danger was coming and dealt with it superbly against a unit of a bloke up front for them. If they score then the shit likely hits the fan. Vital work and impeccably handled. I don't know if Clyne will quite be in a cold sweat just yet, but it's in the post for sure.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2017, 11:39:01 pm »
I really like him, so comfortable in possession, makes some good attacking runs and he seems to intrinsically sense danger defensively which is very hard to coach players (as we've found out with Moreno).

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2017, 12:16:00 am »
That block tonight though when the Plymouth lad was clean through, he knew the danger was coming and dealt with it superbly against a unit of a bloke up front for them. If they score then the shit likely hits the fan. Vital work and impeccably handled. I don't know if Clyne will quite be in a cold sweat just yet, but it's in the post for sure.

That was great reading of the play. He bailed out both Lucas and Gomez on that one, and helped them a couple more times covering for their positioning or mistakes

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2017, 08:55:46 am »
Genuine pressure on Clyne now,so much potential in TAA.

The lad puts in a great effort & took motm last night for me & his thread is sitting halfway down page 2! Wow.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2017, 08:59:13 am »
Genuine pressure on Clyne now,so much potential in TAA.

The lad puts in a great effort & took motm last night for me & his thread is sitting halfway down page 2! Wow.

i agree he was man of the match. i think if we won he would have maybe not had a thread so far down.

sadly likewise if he had of had a mare this thread would now be on 1000 posts

would seem we now have good cover for clyne, was an area ive been concerned about for a while.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2017, 09:07:26 am »
Only positive from last night, looks a real classy player and i think he will have a huge future at the club.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2017, 09:08:26 am »
i agree he was man of the match. i think if we won he would have maybe not had a thread so far down.

sadly likewise if he had of had a mare this thread would now be on 1000 posts

would seem we now have good cover for clyne, was an area ive been concerned about for a while.

What game were you watching? He was as bad as everyone else. He made many good runs off the ball but so many times he gave the ball away when not under pressure.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2017, 09:11:26 am »
What game were you watching? He was as bad as everyone else. He made many good runs off the ball but so many times he gave the ball away when not under pressure.
was our man of the match was what i meant. Romeu, and a few of their lot like Davis played very well

TAA, he was solid, didnt think he was that bad certainly not as bad you make him out. got up and down quite well and defensively didnt do anything wrong.

was a big improvement on his united performance

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2017, 09:13:29 am »
Some of his crosses are absolutely pinpoint, just a shame we are not really set up to take advantage. Ironically Benteke is the sort who'd really do well.

I feel he gets targeted a bit by the opposition attacks and he's not getting the support from the wing, defensive mid or his centre back. It leaves him a bit exposed and he seems reluctant to get a bit tight as there's plenty of space around him.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2017, 09:14:11 am »
was our man of the match was what i meant. Romeu, and a few of their lot like Davis played very well

TAA, he was solid, didnt think he was that bad certainly not as bad you make him out. got up and down quite well and defensively didnt do anything wrong.

was a big improvement on his united performance

He gave the ball away too many times when not under any pressure. Thought he was as bad as everyone else.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2017, 09:16:36 am »
He gave the ball away too many times when not under any pressure. Thought he was as bad as everyone else.
fair enough mate

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2017, 09:20:59 am »
fair enough mate

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't that bad but I wouldn't praise him for his performance either. Clearly a talented prospect and a good back up to Clyne.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2017, 09:29:03 am »
He was ok. Nothing special but Southampton were comfortable leaving him free most of the time and letting him have the ball. I'm sure he'll learn from it and improve but the amount of crosses he was putting in yesterday would make you think we still had benteke in the box to attack these crosses.

He's only 18 so he'll mature and his decision making will improve but don't think he's anywhere near ready to be our first choice right back yet. Solid enough back up though.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2017, 09:30:08 am »
He's got the best first touch in world football.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2017, 09:33:11 am »
Only positive from last night, looks a real classy player and i think he will have a huge future at the club.

Too early to say in my opinion. He did OK but gave the ball away quite a lot.

Still, he's coming into a team which is bang out of form and as a kid that can't be easy

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2017, 09:41:07 am »
I thought he was caught out a lot of the first half and Redmond had the beating of him, still looks a good, composed player though

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2017, 10:05:04 am »

Why bother posting shite like that?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2017, 10:12:52 am »
Why bother posting shite like that?

Why bother being so aggressive? His first touch is genuinely magnificent. His ability to trap a ball dead - especially from a high ball - puts some of our experienced players to shame. I'd put Firmino and Milner in a session with them until they can control a fucking football consistently.

Was obviously exaggerating for a laugh like which I'm sure we could all do with right now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2017, 10:32:24 am »
Tadic and Redmond gave young Trent and Matip a thorough going over in that first half, we were lucky not to be a couple down. Much better second half, good learning experience for him.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2017, 11:15:14 am »
Tadic and Redmond gave young Trent and Matip a thorough going over in that first half, we were lucky not to be a couple down. Much better second half, good learning experience for him.

The two chances they had came from Redmond being free on that side but think both times we gave it away when Trent was on the overlap so I don't think either were his fault.

He gave it away a couple of times but thought he had a pretty decent game.  He did sling a lot of crosses in, some pretty good ones but Southampton were well drilled and defended well. I liked the ball he played inside for Firmino in the first half that let him get a shot away on the edge of the box, showed he can mix it up and hopefully we'll see more of that.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2017, 11:22:52 am »
He was ok. But all their joy came down that side with Redmond. So it is going a bit overboard to call him our MoM. Extremely young guy and I am sure he will improve. Seemed decent at times going forward.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2017, 01:03:24 pm »

:wellin
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »
The two chances they had came from Redmond being free on that side but think both times we gave it away when Trent was on the overlap so I don't think either were his fault.

He gave it away a couple of times but thought he had a pretty decent game.  He did sling a lot of crosses in, some pretty good ones but Southampton were well drilled and defended well. I liked the ball he played inside for Firmino in the first half that let him get a shot away on the edge of the box, showed he can mix it up and hopefully we'll see more of that.

Yep agree with that.
At 18 he already has a fine skill set,quite rapid too.
Really good vision,crackin switch of play too last night.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2017, 02:00:18 pm »
At least we know we have a capable back up now. He will also start this weekend to give clyne the rest/recovery time he needs.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: January 27, 2017, 02:03:06 pm »

This.

People making out the lad got made to look a fool by Redmond, in reality our midfield hung him out to dry.

Amazing to me that people can't see that this lad is class, better on the ball than any RB we've had for over a decade. Massive talent who'll be a fixture here for over a decade, injuries permitting.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2017, 02:06:41 pm »
This.

People making out the lad got made to look a fool by Redmond, in reality our midfield hung him out to dry.

Amazing to me that people can't see that this lad is class, better on the ball than any RB we've had for over a decade. Massive talent who'll be a fixture here for over a decade, injuries permitting.
Calm down, going way overboard over a handful of matches.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: January 27, 2017, 02:39:38 pm »
Calm down, going way overboard over a handful of matches.

I don't think so, going back to 2007, Arbeloa, Glen Johnson and Clyne have been our starters at RB, were any of them really better on the ball than Trent?

You might think I've jumped the gun, but if it's not apparent now it will be in a few months.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2017, 02:42:21 pm »
I don't think so, going back to 2007, Arbeloa, Glen Johnson and Clyne have been our starters at RB, were any of them really better on the ball than Trent?

You might think I've jumped the gun, but if it's not apparent now it will be in a few months.

He has a long way to go yet, comparing him to one of the best full backs in Europe - Clyne.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: January 27, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »

he was quite sloppy on the ball against united.

i think its a huge exaggeration to come to that after a handful of games.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2017, 03:08:10 pm »

Johnson at his best was much better on the ball that Arnolds current ability.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2017, 09:38:58 pm »
This is a really nice interview by the lad off the official site, seems to have really learnt from his experience at La Manga. I'm really looking forward to his next appearance, delighted that him and some of the talented youngsters had this chance to be with the first team and seen first hand what is expected of them.

Trent: I learned so much in La Manga

The opportunity to study Liverpool's first-team players at close quarters during their mid-season training camp was something Trent Alexander-Arnold was determined not to pass up.

Alexander-Arnold was among the Reds’ party who returned to Merseyside yesterday following a four-night stay in La Manga.

Several other Academy prospects, including Ben Woodburn, Harry Wilson and Conor Masterson, also travelled to Spain as part of the 27-man group selected by Jürgen Klopp.

And Alexander-Arnold has revealed that the youngsters were determined to learn everything they possibly could from the ‘incredible’ professionalism of their more experienced teammates.

“I think because you’re away 24 hours a day, you get to see what their whole routines are - what they put into their body, what time they go to sleep, everything like that,” the 18-year-old told Liverpoolfc.com.

“You see how professional every single player is, and you’re kind of surprised by it. You hear rumours about how professional the first-team players are at the Academy, but when you’re in and around it you actually see that nothing bad will go into their body because they know it won’t help them, things like that.

“It’s incredible because it just shows the level you have to get to and that’s what all us youngsters are trying to do.”

Taking information on board from the senior members of Klopp’s squad was also high on Alexander-Arnold’s priority list in La Manga.

“I think every bit of advice you get, you’ve got to take it because obviously the players are more experienced and they’ve been in the position that I’m in right now so they know the situation better than me,” the West Derby-born teenager explained.

“If they know how to handle it, it’s best if they give me that knowledge and then I can absorb it and use it. I think that’ll help me.”

Alexander-Arnold has made eight first-team appearances for the Reds this season after his debut came in the EFL Cup win over Tottenham Hotspur in October.

The Scouse full-back also remains a regular for Mike Garrity’s U23s, and he insists that he does not have a figure in mind when it comes to the total number of senior games he wants to get under his belt this season.

“I don’t really set targets, I just try to enjoy it where I can because this is the first season I’ve really been with the first team, so I’m just enjoying every minute of it,” he added.

“I haven’t really set targets because I didn’t really expect it to happen at all! I think maybe next season I’ll set targets, but from now until the end of the season I’ll just try to enjoy my football, try to play as much as I can, whether that’s first team or U23s or whoever, and I’ll give it my best whenever I do play.”

Garrity said recently that Alexander-Arnold has ‘gone up a level’ thanks to his involvement with Liverpool’s first team - an assertion the No.66 agrees with.

“I’d say every aspect of my game’s got better, on and off the pitch,” he continued.

“I think communication with the team’s really improved, and just every aspect on the field as well. I think that’s because I’m training with such high-quality players and I’ve got to try and match their level. I’ve been pushed a lot this season so I think that’s what’s helped me.”
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"