Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 729054 times)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Suarez - my flawed hero
« Reply #2920 on: October 5, 2013, 05:31:48 pm »
Yeah, because we didn't batter teams without him. Like Newcastle 6-0. But of course, that doesn't suit your agenda.

Still, Suarez was excellent today.

Sorry mate but you were way off when you were spouting that stuff. I did tell you correlation does not equal causality. The reason we were playing well without him was because we had other class players step up. Not because he was out the team.

He's come back in and every game since we've got that attacking 'edge' back. That comes from defenders having to think twice when facing up to him. We haven't even got Coutinho in next to him yet either, and when he's back it'll be even better, because there's no way you can't leave space for at least 1, probably 2, out of those 3. And they'll kill you when they get space. If we have Moses in there as well, then it'll be a great attack. He needs to get into the Suarez/Sturridge dynamic though - I think he's shown he has the skill, power and ability to play on their wavelength. Coutinho pulling the strings of those 3...

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2921 on: October 5, 2013, 05:32:32 pm »
He had no right to score that goal, his will to win is just something else.
I thought his best moment today was when he missed that glorious chance at the half. The frustration on his face was a classic example of his determination. We were up 3-0 at the time. Also when he steamrolled the Palace defender. Poor guy looked like he ran into a tank.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: October 5, 2013, 05:34:55 pm »
Sorry mate but you were way off when you were spouting that stuff. I did tell you correlation does not equal causality. The reason we were playing well without him was because we had other class players step up. Not because he was out the team.

He's come back in and every game since we've got that attacking 'edge' back. That comes from defenders having to think twice when facing up to him. We haven't even got Coutinho in next to him yet either, and when he's back it'll be even better, because there's no way you can't leave space for at least 1, probably 2, out of those 3. And they'll kill you when they get space. If we have Moses in there as well, then it'll be a great attack. He needs to get into the Suarez/Sturridge dynamic though - I think he's shown he has the skill, power and ability to play on their wavelength. Coutinho pulling the strings of those 3...
SACAS will be deadly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2923 on: October 5, 2013, 06:39:28 pm »
Suarez ain't making a difference to our form. Mark my words on that.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: October 5, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

2 wins and 1 loss in 3 games. Our form during our first 3 games without Suarez was 2 wins and 1 draw. Which one is better? Form is judged over 4-5 games at the minimum.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2925 on: October 5, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »

Haha! You know he's already got a load of Newcastle posts typed up for 2 weeks time. "But we beat these 6-0 without Suarez. This is proof he hinders us".

He'll never be seen again if we win 7-0!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2926 on: October 5, 2013, 06:44:08 pm »
2 wins and 1 loss in 3 games. Our form during our first 3 games without Suarez was 2 wins and 1 draw. Which one is better? Form is judged over 4-5 games at the minimum.

do you realise how ridiculous you look right now?.....just admit you were talking out yer arse and stop making an absolute twat of yourself
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2927 on: October 5, 2013, 06:45:11 pm »

You're definitely on a wind up now. Fair play.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: October 5, 2013, 06:51:33 pm »

Wow. Just admit we look a far better team with him than without.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2929 on: October 5, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »
Wow. Just admit we look a far better team with him than without.

We are doing nothing now that we weren't doing when he was suspended.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #2930 on: October 5, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »

You, Sir, are a top merchant.
YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: October 5, 2013, 06:58:37 pm »

Except for scoring more goals (this season) but apart from that your right.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: October 5, 2013, 07:02:23 pm »
This season, we're scoring more goals now though instead of just relying on Sturridge like earlier on.  I think the addition of Coutinho and Daniel was a great move, and it relieved a lot of the pressure off Suarez, but that doesn't mean in the right system he can't make us even better than just Cou and Daniel alone.  I know we were trying to be pragmatic when Suarez was likely to leave, and looking at the bright side with the other two, but putting him back in to add to the team, not be the focal point of it, has to be a good thing.  We've scored 6 in the last 2 with him scoring half of them.

Online wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: October 5, 2013, 07:03:53 pm »

Without him we've scored five goals in our five previous premier league games. We have scored six in two premier league games with him playing .
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2934 on: October 5, 2013, 07:07:17 pm »
This season, we're scoring more goals now though instead of just relying on Sturridge like earlier on.  I think the addition of Coutinho and Daniel was a great move, and it relieved a lot of the pressure off Suarez, but that doesn't mean in the right system he can't make us even better than just Cou and Daniel alone.  I know we were trying to be pragmatic when Suarez was likely to leave, and looking at the bright side with the other two, but putting him back in to add to the team, not be the focal point of it, has to be a good thing.  We've scored 6 in the last 2 with him scoring half of them.

But you are acting as if we haven't scored goals when he hasn't played. We put 3 past West Ham and Fulham without him, and 6 past Newcastle without him.

I admit, he has done well upon his return as I expected. I have said many times that Suarez will always score goals and will always make an impact. I was more concerned about the form of our team. The claim that people on here have made is that we are a better team with Suarez has to be backed up with an improvement of form when he returns. We still have to wait and see if over a larger sample (say 8 games), if he has made a difference to our form. So far so good, but he has only been back for 3 games.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: October 5, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »
But you are acting as if we haven't scored goals when he hasn't played. We put 3 past West Ham and Fulham without him, and 6 past Newcastle without him.

Brilliant. That was last season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: October 5, 2013, 07:09:54 pm »
Without him we've scored five goals in our five previous premier league games. We have scored six in two premier league games with him playing .

You can always manipulate things over a small sample. For example, in our first 3 games without Suarez, we scored 9 goals. In his first 3 games back we have scored.

You have to look at things over a larger sample than just 2-3 games.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2937 on: October 5, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »
Brilliant. That was last season.

So what? Did Liverpool begin playing football this season only?

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #2938 on: October 5, 2013, 07:11:48 pm »
You guys are arguing with a member who'll use a 5-6 game sample to destroy a player he dislikes or deify one he loves. On the other hand, if you're using such a sample, we need a bigger one to back the player you rate.

Anyone saying this side isn't better with Suarez in it needs to give up on football.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: October 5, 2013, 07:13:42 pm »
Another day he would of probably got 2 assists today also with his goal, if Moses didn't somehow miss that sitter in the first half and sturridge effort that he set-up went in off the post in the second.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: October 5, 2013, 07:13:52 pm »
So what? Did Liverpool begin playing football this season only?

Last season has nothing to do with this. You don't half embarrass yourself.

We've already scored more goals with him returning.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: October 5, 2013, 07:14:15 pm »
You guys are arguing with a member who'll use a 5-6 game sample to destroy a player he dislikes or deify one he loves. On the other hand, if you're using such a sample, we need a bigger one to back the player you rate.

Anyone saying this side isn't better with Suarez in it needs to give up on football.

Which player are you referring to?

Online wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: October 5, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »
You can always manipulate things over a small sample. For example, in our first 3 games without Suarez, we scored 9 goals. In his first 3 games back we have scored.

I clearly stated Premier League games played this year. I'm not sure why you would use a sample that has nothing to do with this years competition. A blind man could see the difference that he has made thus far.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: October 5, 2013, 07:17:25 pm »
Last season has nothing to do with this. You don't half embarrass yourself.

Yes it does. We can use form from last season to draw conclusions.

We've already scored more goals with him returning.

And we also got knocked out of one competition when he returned against a team that we beat a few weeks before without him. The sample is still too small to make a judgement (3 games).

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: October 5, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »
Which player are you referring to?

Are you obtuse?

You'll use a small sample to bash Gerrard, praise Sahin... and yet if someone uses a small sample, the same kind of sample you've used for others, for Suarez; you say the sample is too small!

You're incredible. It has to be deliberate...a person can't be this lost.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: October 5, 2013, 07:18:36 pm »

And we also got knocked out of one competition when he returned against a team that we beat a few weeks before without him. The sample is still too small to make a judgement (3 games).

Honestly don't see why you post in this thread.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: October 5, 2013, 07:20:00 pm »

Hang on a minute, you were using a 6 game sample as your proof for saying we are a better side without Suarez, now you're saying a small sample isn't enough evidence?! Pretty much admitting your previous Suarez'6 game sample' posts were rubbish.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 07:24:20 pm by Dar »

Online wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: October 5, 2013, 07:25:58 pm »

Based on what you're saying we should have just have carried on from last years results without Suarez in the side and put two or three past every opponent, which didn't happen. A new season brings new challenges and it's clear that we struggled to score goals without Suarez this season. Since he' s been back we've been better at scoring in the premier league.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: October 5, 2013, 07:30:07 pm »
Are you obtuse?

You'll use a small sample to bash Gerrard, praise Sahin... and yet if someone uses a small sample, the same kind of sample you've used for others, for Suarez; you say the sample is too small!

You're incredible. It has to be deliberate...a person can't be this lost.

So tell us, what size sample did I use to praise Sahin? How many games?

3 games is a small sample. On top of that, the 3 game sample doesn't even show an improvement over our form without Suarez.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: October 5, 2013, 07:32:47 pm »
Hang on a minute, you were using a 6 game sample as your proof for saying we are a better side without Suarez, now you're saying a small sample isn't enough evidence?! Pretty much admitting your previous Suarez'6 game sample' posts were rubbish.

A 3 game sample is smaller than a 6 game sample. You do realise that? 6 games isn't a small sample by the way.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: October 5, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »

A 3 game sample is smaller than a 6 game sample. You do realise that? 6 games isn't a small sample by the way.

Tedious. Forget your sample sizes. You don't think Suarez makes a difference to our side (in a positive sense) then it's laughable.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2951 on: October 5, 2013, 07:34:49 pm »

:lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: October 5, 2013, 07:36:59 pm »
Based on what you're saying we should have just have carried on from last years results without Suarez in the side and put two or three past every opponent, which didn't happen. A new season brings new challenges and it's clear that we struggled to score goals without Suarez this season. Since he' s been back we've been better at scoring in the premier league.

In 2 games. 1 goal being a penalty that shouldn't have been.

As I said, our form over 10 games without Suarez was 7-2-1. So far, with Suarez back, it's 2-0-1. Lets wait 7 more games before we see if our form has improved with Suarez or not.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: October 5, 2013, 07:39:31 pm »
Tedious. Forget your sample sizes. You don't think Suarez makes a difference to our side (in a positive sense) then it's laughable.

That's all you can say. You have no argument to back your claims. At the end of the day, in terms of form, we are doing no better now than when Suarez was first banned and we played matches without him. That is the truth.

When he is out, our form proved that we didn't miss him.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: October 5, 2013, 07:42:22 pm »
That's all you can say. You have no argument to back your claims. At the end of the day, in terms of form, we are doing no better now than when Suarez was first banned and we played matches without him. That is the truth.

When he is out, our form proved that we didn't miss him.

He's best player in Premier League and if you don't think he's good for our side then maybe football isn't for you.

Again last season has no relevance to this. It's different style of players and play and we've already looked a helluva lot better in an attacking sense with him in our team than without him. Throw in Coutinho and that looks a brilliant front three.

You keep looking at your sample sizes though if it makes you feel better.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2955 on: October 5, 2013, 07:44:19 pm »
Whilst it's admirable to argue your point....know when to just leave it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: October 5, 2013, 07:52:42 pm »
So tell us, what size sample did I use to praise Sahin? How many games?

3 games is a small sample. On top of that, the 3 game sample doesn't even show an improvement over our form without Suarez.

What was it? 5 or 6? You kept harping on about 2 MOTM performances.

What? 6 games is a very small sample.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2957 on: October 5, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »
Luis Suarez -best player in the Prem  end of.

I really hope we finish in the top 3 or 4 and he signs a new contract. Early days but we are in with a shout.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: October 5, 2013, 08:10:53 pm »
What was it? 5 or 6? You kept harping on about 2 MOTM performances.

You are lost. My comments about 2 MOTM performances were for Assaidi and not Sahin. I argued that 2 MOTM performances in a few appearances merited more game time. Based on those performance, I couldn't understand why he was frozen out.

What? 6 games is a very small sample.

No it isn't. Seasons are won and lost in 6 games. Managers often make decisions to alter formations or change players on less than a 6 game sample.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: October 5, 2013, 08:35:20 pm »
I clearly stated Premier League games played this year. I'm not sure why you would use a sample that has nothing to do with this years competition. A blind man could see the difference that he has made thus far.
He was saying that Suarez is the reason that Ajax couldn't win the Dutch League, so unless we win the League with Suarez scoring a hat trick in the clincher, he will stick to his guns.
And even if that happens, he will turn around and say that it could have happened the same way even if Suarez was sold last summer, we just never got the chance to know it.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 08:42:38 pm by juan1001 »