Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 350323 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
There's no recent evidence we're interested in Coentrao. According to oddball (whose vibes are good) Comolli wants Baines or Enrique.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Personally, I don't think that Inter, Real or Barca would be willing to spend as much as we would on him ...

You're in dream land mate.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
Personally, I don't think that Inter, Real or Barca would be willing to spend as much as we would on him ...

Nah , its not like Real have spent a few bob on players is it? Its pure fantasy football manager talk , where you are in your element.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You know, in all the scouting of Carroll and Suarez... How many ITKs named them in the months leading up to January? I don't recall seeing them spoken about?

So, on that basis, I doubt any of these players (bar Young and Adam- who we bid for in Jan so it's a no brainer, my old ma could ITK the fuck out of them) will turn up in a red shirt.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
Nowt to do with, here we go. I know that Kelly is in love with the Duz, and dont want em to get their hopes up as we havnt bid for him.

I like the cut of you're jib ;)

We have bid for Van Wolfswinkel and Mexes. Also Adam and Young are big targets. As Ive said before, Baines agent has been sounded out. Comoli is also a fan of Enrique, so ID (IMO) would expect one of them two. s far as Im aware, we arnt showing any interest in Cahill. We have though also enquired on Michel Bastos.

Anything on Hazard or Sanchez or these just not targets any more? I'm guessing it's too early though.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Because adding a top class left wing-back is the biggest single improvement on this LFC team ... I've checked the German media on the ''Coentrao to Bayern'' report, and it seems that everything is based on a single report in ''A Bola'', so probably far from a done deal that one ... With Coentrao still on the market, I believe that he will be our target ... But, if Bale becomes available for a transfer, I am pretty much certain that Comolli will take advantage of the opportunity to sign him for the second time ...

Bale to Liverpool is utter fantasy.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
You're in dream land mate.

After spending £35 million on Carroll, everything is possible in our recruitment policy, especially when we talk about young and talented British players ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
Nah , its not like Real have spent a few bob on players is it?

Real Madrid have Marcelo as an equally talented left wing-back ... They don't need Bale ...

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
Real Madrid have Marcelo as an equally talented left wing-back ... They don't need Bale ...

Not getting into that mate.......bottom line is i would be staggered if we got anywhere near Bale.Enrique or Baines would be far, far more realistic , although now you will blind me with stats and newspaper reports showing me why we wont be signing those either.

Offline B_I_F

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Bale to Liverpool is utter fantasy.
Exactly. We should discuss Baines, Enrique, Wolfswinkel, Mexes etc... Why mention Bale, I think that suggestion itself is unrealistic and even childish.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:16:16 pm by B_I_F »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
Not getting into that mate.......bottom line is i would be staggered if we got anywhere near Bale.Enrique or Baines would be far, far more realistic , although now you will blind me with stats and newspaper reports showing me why we wont be signing those either.

Personally, I would be satisfied with Leighton Baines for the role ... I was a big fan of his when he was still at Wigan ... Jose Enrique is also a very solid player ... I am not saying that Bale is a very realistic target, mostly because I expect him to stay at Spurs for at least one more season ... But, if he is on the market in the summer, he will end up at LFC ...

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
Personally, I would be satisfied with Leighton Baines for the role ... I was a big fan of his when he was still at Wigan ... Jose Enrique is also a very solid player ... I am not saying that Bale is a very realistic target, mostly because I expect him to stay at Spurs for at least one more season ... But, if he is on the market in the summer, he will end up at LFC ...

Why would he end up at LFC of all clubs bidding for him? We might not even bid for him as well!

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
Bale wont be on the market so its not worth even worrying about.

Irish Exile Red

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
After spending £35 million on Carroll, everything is possible in our recruitment policy, especially when we talk about young and talented British players ...

You could be right, but i think thats a bit of a generalisation in reality. Its been well documented that the money used to buy Carroll came from his asking price + £15 for Torres. So we in effect replaced Torres and made £15m on the transfer (why and how that £15m was accumulated is anybody guess)

I don't think we'll shell that sort of money out again anytime soon. I'd expect our 'roof' for transfer fees to be more like what we paid for Suarez without weighing transfers off against one another.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9430152.stm
im sure he will be on the market this summer.
Irish Exile Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9430152.stm
im sure he will be on the market this summer.

Andy Carroll has signed a new 5-year contract for Newcastle in October 2010 ... Therefore ...

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Since this seems to be the new transfer thread Is THOMMO banned?

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
Andy Carroll has signed a new 5-year contract for Newcastle in October 2010 ... Therefore ...

October 2010, Bale signed his March 2011. This month.

Quit dreaming.
Irish Exile Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
October 2010, Bale signed his March 2011. This month.

Quit dreaming.

Yes, Andy Carroll has left Newcastle 3 months after signing a new 5-year contract ... When the transfer window opens in July, Gareth Bale will be 4 months into his new contract at Spurs ... Therefore, your argument means nothing ...

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, Andy Carroll has left Newcastle 3 months after signing a new 5-year contract ... When the transfer window opens in July, Gareth Bale will be 4 months into his new contract at Spurs ... Therefore, your argument means nothing ...

So your point is that Bale could be sold this summer, and that we are in a position to sign him?

I'd agree with point one, but i can't sign up to point 2. I'd be very happy yet also surprised if we were throwing around the sort of cash that would be required to sign somebody like Bale who is media hyped to extortionate prices.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
Either way, I doubt Bale would want to come to us. He's probably aiming to Real Madrid/Barcelona.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
So your point is that Bale could be sold this summer, and that we are in a position to sign him?

I'd agree with point one, but i can't sign up to point 2. I'd be very happy yet also surprised if we were throwing around the sort of cash that would be required to sign somebody like Bale who is media hyped to extortionate prices.

The good thing about the media hype in Britain is that works both ways ... Once Spurs are massacred by Real Madrid in the CL quarter-finals, and they fail to qualify for Europe next season, the press will start looking for scape-goats ... I am not worried about that part at all ...

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
Either way, I doubt Bale would want to come to us. He's probably aiming to Real Madrid/Barcelona.

Why? Because Real Madrid and Barcelona are bigger clubs than LFC ? I doubt that he has supported them as a kid in Whitchurch ...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
To back my mate Mac up I am starting to think Spurs will soon be in the shit both on and off the pitch.

Bale could be sold this summer even though he has signed a new contract.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Gareth bale will not be joining LFC next season. Anyone who thinks it may be a possibility is obviously under 15 years old and plays too much Football Manager.

I will be made up if we can bring in Baines, Adam, Young, Jarvis, and maybe (if we're lucky) Hazard or Elia or Turan. I also think we need a good CB, and Gary Cahill could fit the bill nicely.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
Gareth bale will not be joining LFC next season. Anyone who thinks it may be a possibility is obviously under 15 years old and plays too much Football Manager.

In that case, you've just labeled anyone expecting that we could sign Eden Hazard or Alexis Sanchez ... In fact, if all three of Bale, Hazard and Sanchez are on the market in the summer, we have the best chance of signing Bale ...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
According to a poster on TLW Poulsen's been given a big motive to move on and not quibble about salary; apparently been told he won't be picked for Denmark unless he plays regularly.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
According to a poster on TLW Poulsen's been given a big motive to move on and not quibble about salary; apparently been told he won't be picked for Denmark unless he plays regularly.

Don't see what Denmark has to do with his salary though mate.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
In that case, you've just labeled anyone expecting that we could sign Eden Hazard or Alexis Sanchez ... In fact, if all three of Bale, Hazard and Sanchez are on the market in the summer, we have the best chance of signing Bale ...

How much do you think each will be valued at? Bale will be double both the other 2 because of media hype etc. Lets face it, as if 'Arry will sell him to us even if Bale did want to come to us.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Don't see what Denmark has to do with his salary though mate.
Maybe it means that he'd be more liberal on what he feels he is worth when negotiating the contract with whoever buys him this summer.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe it means that he'd be more liberal on what he feels he is worth when negotiating the contract with whoever buys him this summer.

Instead of feeling he can warm a bench in L4 while pocketing whatever generous renumeration Cecil agreed.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
How much do you think each will be valued at? Bale will be double both the other 2 because of media hype etc. Lets face it, as if 'Arry will sell him to us even if Bale did want to come to us.

Both Hazard and Sanchez would realistically go in the 30 million region ... And once Spurs are out of Europe (this and next season), Bale's price would come to the same (realistic) level ... As for 'Arry, I wouldn't worry too much, since his ambition is elsewhere, anyway ...

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
You could be right, but i think thats a bit of a generalisation in reality. Its been well documented that the money used to buy Carroll came from his asking price + £15 for Torres. So we in effect replaced Torres and made £15m on the transfer (why and how that £15m was accumulated is anybody guess)

I don't think we'll shell that sort of money out again anytime soon. I'd expect our 'roof' for transfer fees to be more like what we paid for Suarez without weighing transfers off against one another.

Agree wholeheartedly with the first paragraph and couldn't disagree more with the second. What you say about the Carroll transfer is very astute and needs to become the common way of thinking regarding that transfer. We didn't spend 35m on Carroll, we spent Torres-15m. That was where we set Andy's value and it was just a matter of getting Chelsea to meet Newcastle's valuation plus 15m. So I don't think people can simply say "Well we spent 35m on Carroll, so anything is feasible!"

That being said, I do think anything is feasible. I don't believe our owners will ever put a roof or cap on a transfer or window. It will all be about value, timing, and need. If we can get a player we value at 35m for 30m then I think our owners will be willing to sanction it granted it fits a need.  That isn't to say we should be looking for our owners to purchase a new 30m player every transfer window, but rather that they will look at each opportunity individually and will not arbitrarily write off a potential purchase simply because it exceeds a predetermined figure. Don't be fooled; FSG have plenty of financial clout and are more than willing to flex it when they deem it to be prudent (go look at what they spent this winter on the Red Sox for an example).
Justice For The 96

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
I hope we had scouts at international games fs. Lucas Moura Da Silva from Sao Paulo please. ;)

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
I don't think we'll have a problem shifting Poulsen, he seems to already know he's moving on in Summer. He'll be thankful cause he can go back to home his country with no hard feelings from Kenny.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Both Hazard and Sanchez would realistically go in the 30 million region ... And once Spurs are out of Europe (this and next season), Bale's price would come to the same (realistic) level ... As for 'Arry, I wouldn't worry too much, since his ambition is elsewhere, anyway ...

At this moment I believe a 35-40m bid would get Bale in the summer.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think we'll have a problem shifting Poulsen, he seems to already know he's moving on in Summer. He'll be thankful cause he can go back to home his country with no hard feelings from Kenny.

People are forgetting he stayed on the Juve bench or his Italian home for over a year and turned down moves.

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
People are forgetting he stayed on the Juve bench or his Italian home for over a year and turned down moves.

True but he's 30 now and is probably already looking to move away either on his own personal reasons or the club has said he's not in any plans.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
True but he's 30 now and is probably already looking to move away either on his own personal reasons or the club has said he's not in any plans.

Doesn't matter if he is in the club's plans or not. He has a contract and he can just do a Jova and turn down a move even if the club accepted the bid.

As for him being 30 - again that has nothing to do with anything. If he can stay at Juve for a year while 28-29 he can certainly do it at 30.

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
Doesn't matter if he is in the club's plans or not. He has a contract and he can just do a Jova and turn down a move even if the club accepted the bid.

As for him being 30 - again that has nothing to do with anything. If he can stay at Juve for a year while 28-29 he can certainly do it at 30.

Fair enough you expect him to sit on the bench enjoying his pay but I personally think he'll be shipped out in Summer.