Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 170276 times)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #1640 on: November 1, 2022, 05:21:21 pm »
Lol packing the courts works.

If only the democrats had thought of that.

Dems will Dem  ;)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: November 1, 2022, 07:30:23 pm »
538 can only do as well as poll data and interpretations, so there might be some leeway given some of the newer polls in PA for example weren’t from the best pollsters.  But there’s no doubting the recent momentum of the GOP.

The Dems need to stave off major losses here.  50-50 isn’t a terrible result.  They need to avoid a 53-47 type loss. 

The 2024 map could be brutal.  Seats up include (with 2018 margins):
Arizona (Sinema): +2.4
Michigan (Stabenow):  +6.5
Montana (Tester):  +3.5
Nevada (Rosen):  +5
Ohio (Brown):  +6.8
West Virginia (Manchin):  +3.3

Wisconsin (Baldwin +10.8 ), Pennsylvania (Casey +13.1), and a few others aren’t easy if the 2024 environment is favoring the Republicans.

GOP has to defend Florida (Scott +0.2), Indiana (Braun +5.9), Missouri (Hawley +5.8 ), and Texas (Cruz +2.6)

The upside scenario:  Dems hold at least 50/50 this year, things get better going into 2024, and they can try to hold the Senate and White House then.

The downside scenario:  Dems go down to 47/53 this year, things don’t getter better going into 2024, and the Dems are desperately trying to prevent a GOP-filibuster proof majority in 2024.

Maybe a little doom-monger but it doesn’t get easier in the Senate after this year.
King Kenny.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1643 on: November 1, 2022, 07:38:37 pm »
538 can only do as well as poll data and interpretations, so there might be some leeway given some of the newer polls in PA for example weren’t from the best pollsters.  But there’s no doubting the recent momentum of the GOP.

The Dems need to stave off major losses here.  50-50 isn’t a terrible result.  They need to avoid a 53-47 type loss.
The chart is supposed to indicate the chances of one or other gaining the majority of Senators. It is not predicting that each gain 50 seats. And as it stands, it is toss up.

Irrespective - as I've boringly argued in the past about Nate Silver - you cannot meaningfully predict one off events in this manner.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: November 1, 2022, 07:48:21 pm »
The chart is supposed to indicate the chances of one or other gaining the majority of Senators. It is not predicting that each gain 50 seats. And as it stands, it is toss up.

Irrespective - as I've boringly argued in the past about Nate Silver - you cannot meaningfully predict one off events in this manner.
The average seats controlled data is also 50-50, but no matter.  My point is in general that 50-50 isn’t terrible and that they need to stave off a defeat that leaves them more vulnerable in terms of judicial appointees and 2024 races.
King Kenny.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: January 12, 2023, 07:04:38 pm »
How many more classified files are they gonna come up with,so much dumb in american politics.I think he's done now.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1646 on: January 12, 2023, 07:14:06 pm »
I like that the special council is called 'Mr Hur'.

His assistant is Mrs Hym.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: January 12, 2023, 08:55:18 pm »
The Democrats need a candidate who can beat De Sanctis. I think Biden was the only candidate who could beat Trump last time, and probably beats him next time. But against De Sanctis they need someone young, dynamic and who can take him on.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: January 12, 2023, 09:01:59 pm »
How many more classified files are they gonna come up with,so much dumb in american politics.I think he's done now.

"How that could possibly happen, how anyone could be that irresponsible." - Sept 2022
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: January 12, 2023, 09:39:54 pm »
The MSM bias is coming out strong on this story - it’s hilarious. 
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1650 on: January 12, 2023, 09:44:58 pm »

You’re a predictable fucking bore. You love to compare apples to oranges when it suits you.

Biden is not nearly as guilty as your hero the disgraced former President, but he should be liable for prosecution. Unfortunately he’s president therefore according to the Trump DOJ memo he has immunity.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: January 12, 2023, 10:08:33 pm »
You’re a predictable fucking bore. You love to compare apples to oranges when it suits you.

Biden is not nearly as guilty as your hero the disgraced former President, but he should be liable for prosecution. Unfortunately he’s president therefore according to the Trump DOJ memo he has immunity.
trump is a dickhead, I haven’t said otherwise.

Both situations are as bad as each other, for different reasons.
‘Trump: tried to fight against giving the documents back, his lawyers told the archives they handed over everything - they didn’t.

Biden: had documents for 6 years, in multiple locations including his garage, likely also had lawyers sign a document saying he handed over everything. Covered up the story because the elections in November.

They might be “apples and oranges” like the MSM are saying, but a rotten orange is still a rotten orange, and a rotten Apple is still a rotten apple.

In reality: this has probably happened way more times in the past than the public know, it’s just both sides are playing political football to the extreme. Helped by Fox News, CNN etc

But keep on drinking the blue Kool aid.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 10:11:54 pm by stevensr123 »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1652 on: January 12, 2023, 11:05:22 pm »
He needs to step aside and let someone else run in 2024. It's clear that he's been in cognitive decline for years and it's only getting worse. Forgetting sensitive data left and right really isn't a good look.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1653 on: January 12, 2023, 11:45:34 pm »
He needs to step aside and let someone else run in 2024. It's clear that he's been in cognitive decline for years and it's only getting worse. Forgetting sensitive data left and right really isn't a good look.

Would be a good moment to start the transition right now in my view. Let Kamala Harris take over and let her try to create a profile for herself and depending on how well she does in the polls let her run or bring in someone completely new for 2024. At the same time, Biden and the Democrats can say that he's taking responsibility for mishandling those documents unlike Trump who has done much worse stuff and still seems to want to run again in 2024. Everybody wins.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: January 13, 2023, 02:21:02 am »

It’s hilarious - and all too predictable.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: January 13, 2023, 04:08:16 am »
Kamala Harris as president would be disastrous for the Dems, they'd lose for certain in 2024. It doesn't matter whether she'd actually do a good job or not, it's because the US public thinks she's a complete idiot and would be apoplectic if she walked into the job "unelected" (hey, I never said the electorate was smart).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: January 13, 2023, 05:18:03 am »
MSM,Kool Aid

Have I accidentally clicked onto fucking reddit ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: January 13, 2023, 07:49:25 am »
What is MSM?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: January 13, 2023, 08:03:40 am »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #1660 on: January 13, 2023, 09:25:10 am »
Would be a good moment to start the transition right now in my view. Let Kamala Harris take over and let her try to create a profile for herself and depending on how well she does in the polls let her run or bring in someone completely new for 2024. At the same time, Biden and the Democrats can say that he's taking responsibility for mishandling those documents unlike Trump who has done much worse stuff and still seems to want to run again in 2024. Everybody wins.

LOL No, Kamala Harris in an election will get pummelled. She's worse than useless - and take that to the bank from a Democrat.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #1661 on: January 13, 2023, 09:26:09 am »
Kamala Harris as president would be disastrous for the Dems, they'd lose for certain in 2024. It doesn't matter whether she'd actually do a good job or not, it's because the US public thinks she's a complete idiot and would be apoplectic if she walked into the job "unelected" (hey, I never said the electorate was smart).

The US thinks that because it is true!!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: January 13, 2023, 03:01:17 pm »
From which side? Please always put context to a statement mate.
Both situations are as bad as each other, for different reasons.
They most definitely are not.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: January 13, 2023, 03:33:57 pm »
Trump refused to cooperate, hence the raid on Mar-A-Lago.

Biden has been cooperating.

How are these the same?

Also, the complaints about "MSM" are ludicrous.  Is Fox News not "MSM" considering they have high viewership?  They're literally asking out loud why the FBI hasn't raided the Biden Center or the White House???

I've never understood this weird obsession with the "MSM."  It's like people hate-watch CNN and complain about how unfair it is ("Why arent' you calling for Biden to be prosecuted!!!???") when Fox News, with its sky-high mainstream media ratings, is hand-waving away every Trump misdeed and demand raids on Biden's residences (despite Biden's cooperation with the investigation).
King Kenny.

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
« Reply #1664 on: January 13, 2023, 05:09:43 pm »
Also, the complaints about "MSM" are ludicrous.  Is Fox News not "MSM" considering they have high viewership?  They're literally asking out loud why the FBI hasn't raided the Biden Center or the White House???

I've never understood this weird obsession with the "MSM."  It's like people hate-watch CNN and complain about how unfair it is ("Why arent' you calling for Biden to be prosecuted!!!???") when Fox News, with its sky-high mainstream media ratings, is hand-waving away every Trump misdeed and demand raids on Biden's residences (despite Biden's cooperation with the investigation).

The other thing that people miss on this idea of the "MSM" is they forget that talk radio is completely dominated by the right, if you have driven in the U.S you will know that the vast majority of major political talk radio stations are basically right wing, for every liberal voice on the airwaves you'll have at least 5 from the right.

As for Biden, he's an idiot to let this happen, I hope he doesn't run again, and we desperately need new blood in leadership.  Harris is not close to the answer, it needs to be opened up to new candidates.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 05:11:53 pm by spartan2785 »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1665 on: January 13, 2023, 06:05:21 pm »
I would say that some people have no notion of nuances, but actually their just bad faith actors.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: January 13, 2023, 07:02:38 pm »
Trump refused to cooperate, hence the raid on Mar-A-Lago.

Biden has been cooperating.

How are these the same?

Fucker Carlson recently said live on air that he hates Liberals. Nobody batted an eyelid. If Rachel Maddow said on her show that she hated Conservatives, they'd be demanding her head.

This isn't nuance. It's hypocrisy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: January 13, 2023, 11:06:18 pm »
From which side? Please always put context to a statement mate.They most definitely are not.
From both sides of the political spectrum, mainly Fox News and CNN, people on Twitter, reddit etc the hypocrisy is hilarious.

I watched a video yesterday and on CNN they where justifying it because the documents where found with funeral arrangements of his sons funeral - gas lighting much? Like wise Fox News is going completely nuts, when just 4 months ago they defended trump.

Even your own statement about they are most definitely not, why?

He had them for 6 years (longer than trump) , would have also signed a document saying they handed them over (like trump), had them also in insecure locations (multiple locations, more than trump) , buried the story so it didn’t come out before the elections (where is the so called transparency he was meant to bring?)

Simple fact is, both have fucked up and both should have consequences.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 11:09:47 pm by stevensr123 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: January 13, 2023, 11:18:40 pm »
From both sides of the political spectrum, mainly Fox News and CNN, people on Twitter, reddit etc the hypocrisy is hilarious.

I watched a video yesterday and on CNN they where justifying it because the documents where found with funeral arrangements of his sons funeral - gas lighting much? Like wise Fox News is going completely nuts, when just 4 months ago they defended trump.

Even your own statement about they are most definitely not, why?

He had them for 6 years (longer than trump) , would have also signed a document saying they handed them over (like trump), had them also in insecure locations (multiple locations, more than trump) , buried the story so it didn’t come out before the elections (where is the so called transparency he was meant to bring?)

Simple fact is, both have fucked up and both should have consequences.
Hopefully your answers will come from two independent Special Counsel investigations.
Where did you get the bit in bold from?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: January 13, 2023, 11:21:04 pm »
What is MSM?

You didn't know this?
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: January 13, 2023, 11:34:05 pm »
Hopefully your answers will come from two independent Special Counsel investigations.
Where did you get the bit in bold from?
they know they had top secret documents and handed them over on the 2nd of November. The elections where 8th.  So they clearly didn’t disclose this information to the public. If that isn’t burying a story I don’t know what is.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: January 13, 2023, 11:42:34 pm »
they know they had top secret documents and handed them over on the 2nd of November. The elections where 8th.  So they clearly didn’t disclose this information to the public. If that isn’t burying a story I don’t know what is.
Interesting, is there a source for that mate?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: January 13, 2023, 11:55:18 pm »
November elections are held on the 8th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_elections

They” found” the documents on the 2nd and notified the national archives on the 3rd

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/01/12/biden-classified-documents-wilmington/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-center-classified-documents/

“ The material was identified by personal attorneys for Mr. Biden on Nov. 2, just before the midterm elections, Richard Sauber, special counsel to the president confirmed. The documents were discovered when Mr. Biden's personal attorneys "were packing files housed in a locked closet to prepare to vacate office space at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C.," Sauber said in a statement to CBS News. The documents were contained in a folder that was in a box with other unclassified papers, the sources said. The sources revealed neither what the documents contain nor their level of classification. A source familiar with the matter told CBS News the documents did not contain nuclear secrets.

Sauber also said that on the same day the material was discovered, Nov. 2, the White House counsel's office notified the National Archives, which took possession of the materials the following morning.”

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1673 on: January 14, 2023, 12:00:40 am »
Biden was up for re-election in the midterms. That’s a new one.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: January 14, 2023, 12:11:43 am »
Biden was up for re-election in the midterms. That’s a new one.
you don’t think a president has any influence on election results for the senate and house? That’s a new one.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:34:10 am by stevensr123 »

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: January 14, 2023, 12:36:05 am »
you don’t think a president has any influence on election results for the senate and house? That’s a new one.

Actually they don't, most people voting in mid-terms have little interest in the president. Its why Obama was sent out on the campaign trail and Biden was in the White House for the most part.
The reality is that most people will vote party line most of the time (even if they don't really like the candidate) and most people don't change their political stance once they've decided on one so the only thing the parties are trying to do is get the turnout up, this story wouldn't have changed turnout much more for Republicans because they were already upset at Biden for perceived blame for high inflation, The Dems were the ones that came out stronger because of Wade V Roe which is why the republicans didn't win as many as they expected

Plus according to a lot of reports at the time 40% ish had already voted before this would have broken as a story so it wouldn't have had much of an impact overall
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:44:10 am by blacksun »

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: January 14, 2023, 01:33:11 am »
Huh? There’s absolutely a link between a President’s approval rating and midterm election results.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: January 14, 2023, 02:27:56 am »

Surprised Team Biden didn't think to do a full sweep of all of his properties in early September just after Trump was raided.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: January 14, 2023, 05:30:45 am »
Huh? There’s absolutely a link between a President’s approval rating and midterm election results.

So why didn't the republicans sweep the House and Senate like predicted as Biden had the lowest approval of any other president in the last 30 years (bar Trump, they were actually level at 38%)?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: January 14, 2023, 06:58:31 am »

Folk tend to vote in accordance with the state of the country and how it impacts them including the economy, jobs, services provision, etc.  I’m not in the US but by all accounts things are generally going well under the current administration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64189105

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/jp-morgan-tops-q4-earnings-forecast-say-us-economy-remain-strong/ar-AA16j8GX

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/30/economy/us-gdp-third-quarter/index.html