Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 47138 times)

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #240 on: December 9, 2020, 01:01:19 pm »
My game collection outlet pre-order came today so just installing on XSX now, along with its 43 GB patch.
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #241 on: December 9, 2020, 04:28:35 pm »
Tom's Hardware got told to take down their review benchmarks after the review version seemed to be showing recommended specs were aimed at providing 30fps on PC. Whether DRM was responsible for that... Couple of the less stellar reviews point to the need for an extensive day one patch but if focus is on stability (as issues were there too) then there may still be a few showstoppers in it as well as the more cosmetic stuff we've come to know and love.

CPRR told all reviewers not to benchmark the game until Day 1 patch because the pre-launch DRM is invasive and performance isn't representative.

Not sure why Tom's put that out.
:D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #242 on: December 9, 2020, 09:36:08 pm »
CPRR told all reviewers not to benchmark the game until Day 1 patch because the pre-launch DRM is invasive and performance isn't representative.

Not sure why Tom's put that out.

Does Denuvo really have that large an impact? Some I can buy, on CPU maybe, but never personally noticed it in games which have it vs when they remove it. Think the real reason is that they're hoping launch day patch will introduce more optimisations which will lift performance without needing DLSS? See in a couple of hours I suppose how it performs away from the RTX cards.

edit: well, yup, default detected settings for me were targeted at 30fps with the odd outbreak of 40 fps. Wouldn't usually mind but it's noticeable for me in this one. Will have to have a play to see where sweet spot is. Apparently DLSS does help a lot, if at the cost of some blurriness.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:31:30 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2020, 07:06:29 am »
Does Denuvo really have that large an impact? Some I can buy, on CPU maybe, but never personally noticed it in games which have it vs when they remove it. Think the real reason is that they're hoping launch day patch will introduce more optimisations which will lift performance without needing DLSS? See in a couple of hours I suppose how it performs away from the RTX cards.

edit: well, yup, default detected settings for me were targeted at 30fps with the odd outbreak of 40 fps. Wouldn't usually mind but it's noticeable for me in this one. Will have to have a play to see where sweet spot is. Apparently DLSS does help a lot, if at the cost of some blurriness.

It's not terribly important to the discussion, but the cracked versions of games don't actually have Denuvo removed though, it's simply bypassed and still actually running in the background.  There's only been one game (Origins iirc) where one of the groups actually went through and completely removed it as a proof of concept.  Performance didn't change. 

CDPR's day one patch claims don't seem to have held up regardless given what you are witnessing now. 

Just watched a video of a 5700xt/5600x combo at 1080p ultra running largely at around the mid fifties (FPS) and dropping to the low 40s at times.  Dismal and I'm seeing nothing in the visuals that makes low FPS an acceptable trade-off.  Very disappointing. It looks from the footage that I have seen that the GPU's usage is also pretty lowat times, so I'm guessing the performance issues are to do with how the CPU and RAM are being tasked. Low and High settings seem to produce fairly little difference (relative to a lot of titles) in framerate from the limited footage that I've seen.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:17:18 am by Darren G »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2020, 08:21:08 am »
It's not terribly important to the discussion, but the cracked versions of games don't actually have Denuvo removed though, it's simply bypassed and still actually running in the background.  There's only been one game (Origins iirc) where one of the groups actually went through and completely removed it as a proof of concept.  Performance didn't change. 

CDPR's day one patch claims don't seem to have held up regardless given what you are witnessing now. 

Just watched a video of a 5700xt/5600x combo at 1080p ultra running largely at around the mid fifties (FPS) and dropping to the low 40s at times.  Dismal and I'm seeing nothing in the visuals that makes low FPS an acceptable trade-off.  Very disappointing. It looks from the footage that I have seen that the GPU's usage is also pretty lowat times, so I'm guessing the performance issues are to do with how the CPU and RAM are being tasked. Low and High settings seem to produce fairly little difference (relative to a lot of titles) in framerate from the limited footage that I've seen.

Was thinking of games where it was removed by the devs themselves. Dishonoured 2 comes to mind first. Prey by Arkane too.

From friends' and forums it does seem to be that an RTX card and you're pretty much golden (perhaps CPU bound in there where it applies?) whereas older cards playing above 1080p are struggling. Performance for me has been abysmal even dialling down to medium and below. Even when fps counter is saying that it's 60 fps+, the game feels really sluggish and not helped by combat being a bit 'Skyrim'. Think spread from ultra down to medium for me is 30/35 fps up to 40/45. (Their presets, no dlss or ray tracing heh.)

This is what it looks like for me.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:36:27 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2020, 08:34:31 am »
Just started it, on the ps5. Graphically, it looks like a PS4 VR game, character models anyway.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2020, 08:52:50 am »
Lots of issues with this for console owners, I’m reading. Defo gonna wait it out.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2020, 09:13:30 am »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2020, 09:16:42 am »
Oh my, was thinking of getting this for Christmas. Think I'll swerve til they sort out it out next year cos it looks a mess.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2020, 09:18:53 am »
Loving the GTA 3 vibes.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2020, 09:36:20 am »
Was thinking of games where it was removed by the devs themselves. Dishonoured 2 comes to mind first. Prey by Arkane too.

From friends' and forums it does seem to be that an RTX card and you're pretty much golden (perhaps CPU bound in there where it applies?) whereas older cards playing above 1080p are struggling. Performance for me has been abysmal even dialling down to medium and below. Even when fps counter is saying that it's 60 fps+, the game feels really sluggish and not helped by combat being a bit 'Skyrim'. Think spread from ultra down to medium for me is 30/35 fps up to 40/45. (Their presets, no dlss or ray tracing heh.)

This is what it looks like for me.

Spoiler
[close]

I think it's actually worse than that given the footage that I've seen.  I wouldn't consider a 5700xt (far from an old card) getting 42 frames per second at times at 1080p - which is what I've witnessed - anything less than abysmal optimisation.  I'm repeating myself here, but again, there is nothing in the visuals that make that kind of performance acceptable in my opinion.  I'm actually really surprised at just how badly this game looks to run given that the engine is a derivative of RedEngine used in The Witcher 3 which ran really well in relation to the work it was doing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:45:51 am by Darren G »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2020, 09:57:15 am »
Getting major GTA Vice city vibes from those polygons

Game companies need to stop reaching for the impossible and make a game enjoyable and keep adding in future

Reviews ranging wildly between very good to unplayable

Also a few questionable LGBTQ+ stereotypes that have seemingly tacked on

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2020, 10:30:12 am »
How could they release this? HOW?!?!?!?!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2020, 10:31:23 am »
Some of the clips and images on twitter have had me in stitches this morning :lmao

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2020, 10:36:24 am »
Some of the clips and images on twitter have had me in stitches this morning :lmao

Saw a comment on Reddit earlier which basically said "I dunno what you're all moaning about, it's really impressive for a game made entirely over the past 10 days" :lmao

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2020, 10:47:59 am »
Imagine the poor devs. Must be crunching to hell and back with no end in sight.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2020, 10:48:57 am »
I had a little go last night, a couple of hours or so, and I'd no issues with it.

Now bear in mind that I don't care about getting a billion frames per second, that really doesn't bother me in the slightest unless it's massively skippy when I turn the camera around. and it's not, so that's fine and I have absolutely no idea how many fps I was getting.

the only bug I seemed to have was that one pop-up seemed to stay on the screen long after it should have gone away, but a quick save and reload made that go away and took about 20 seconds if that.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2020, 10:49:13 am »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2020, 10:59:15 am »
Oof.

https://twitter.com/Legolas/status/1336768342993104899?s=20

The GTA Keanu Reeves above makes sense now.  ;D

Holy fuck! Eight years they've been developing this game.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2020, 11:51:38 am »
That PS4 footage does look poor. PushSquare had tried all PS versions and although PS5 was obviously the best they seemed to think it’s was more than playable even on the original PS4.

Although a day 1 patch is due and might not be reflected in some of these pics and videos it would have to be a hell of a change to cover all the issues. Definitely holding off until this settles down. At least CDPR do tend to support their games well through life.

Odd though, considering the good work they’ve done on Witcher 3 for PS4 and Pro, that we’re seeing this level of issue. If you take the worst examples it seems like it’s really only suitable for the new consoles and PC but they’ve had to release on the older consoles to get a good amount of sales.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2020, 11:56:50 am »
Was hoping it would come early so I could start downloading it. Royal Mail don't seem to have any schedule round here though, as likely to be here at 08:00 as at 17:00.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2020, 12:29:33 pm »
Was hoping it would come early so I could start downloading it. Royal Mail don't seem to have any schedule round here though, as likely to be here at 08:00 as at 17:00.

Snap!!! woulda been easier if i'd gone the asda to get it!
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2020, 01:32:09 pm »
I think it's actually worse than that given the footage that I've seen.  I wouldn't consider a 5700xt (far from an old card) getting 42 frames per second at times at 1080p - which is what I've witnessed - anything less than abysmal optimisation.  I'm repeating myself here, but again, there is nothing in the visuals that make that kind of performance acceptable in my opinion.  I'm actually really surprised at just how badly this game looks to run given that the engine is a derivative of RedEngine used in The Witcher 3 which ran really well in relation to the work it was doing.

There's definitely some seriously funky stuff going on, as Tom's Hardware were flagging with the preview copy journalists were given. Not disagreeing with you about AMD or whatever, just been concentrating on trying to narrow down what I can for Nvidia GPUs where there does seem to be quite a dramatic gap between 1080p and 1440p. Much more than you'd reasonably expect from 10xx cards or whatever. It's also fascinating to me how on ultra (default settings it gives for my system) it absolutely nails 30fps at 1440p. Barely dips below it no matter what. Rarely rises much above it either which is the puzzling part. Almost like it has a frame limiter on, even though the settings tells me anything like that is most definitely off. Do have gsync but that wouldn't cause it either. For a strategy game I'd not care, it doesn't really matter, but it makes for some chuggy first person action.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2020, 02:41:11 pm »
There's definitely some seriously funky stuff going on, as Tom's Hardware were flagging with the preview copy journalists were given. Not disagreeing with you about AMD or whatever, just been concentrating on trying to narrow down what I can for Nvidia GPUs where there does seem to be quite a dramatic gap between 1080p and 1440p. Much more than you'd reasonably expect from 10xx cards or whatever. It's also fascinating to me how on ultra (default settings it gives for my system) it absolutely nails 30fps at 1440p. Barely dips below it no matter what. Rarely rises much above it either which is the puzzling part. Almost like it has a frame limiter on, even though the settings tells me anything like that is most definitely off. Do have gsync but that wouldn't cause it either. For a strategy game I'd not care, it doesn't really matter, but it makes for some chuggy first person action.

Are there default settings for the individual system in the graphics options? Because I'm not so sure about that. I think it had my settings to everything on ultra with raytracing on. Running an RTX 2080, but surely that's not enough to make Ultra settings with raytracing in 4K the default. Got 30 fps in the best case with slight drops to 25 or so, but that was at the start of the game and not in the city. Turned raytracing off and it runs at 60+ now. That said, I didn't have any big issues when I played, but I'm only two hours in yet. The only glitches/bugs I've seen so far is that some of the stuff on the floor is shown as being an item, but if you walk up to it, there's no option to pick it up. And one time Jackie or whatever that bloke you meet in the beginning is called entered the elevator through closed doors... ;)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »
Snap!!! woulda been easier if i'd gone the asda to get it!
I've a feeling I won't be playing this today. Friday night it is!

My order was from Base.com, read good reviews but using Royal Mail wouldn't be my first choice.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2020, 04:06:57 pm »
Are there default settings for the individual system in the graphics options? Because I'm not so sure about that. I think it had my settings to everything on ultra with raytracing on. Running an RTX 2080, but surely that's not enough to make Ultra settings with raytracing in 4K the default. Got 30 fps in the best case with slight drops to 25 or so, but that was at the start of the game and not in the city. Turned raytracing off and it runs at 60+ now. That said, I didn't have any big issues when I played, but I'm only two hours in yet. The only glitches/bugs I've seen so far is that some of the stuff on the floor is shown as being an item, but if you walk up to it, there's no option to pick it up. And one time Jackie or whatever that bloke you meet in the beginning is called entered the elevator through closed doors... ;)

It obviously does some sort of system autodetect. Have seen others with similar systems say that they had a 'custom' setting when they went to check initially. But don't know. Notice that Nvidia are curiously not suggesting anything with Experience in spite of releasing drivers specifically to support the game on release. Tom's Hardware's suggestion from the review copy was that the recommended specs were targeted at 30 fps, rather than 60. It's not something I usually whitter on about but I'm finding it really noticeable with any sort of movement. I pick up driving violations (aka GTA gooranga recreations) every time I try to drive anywhere as a result. Notice it a lot with combat because of how you dodge and move in that too.

Actual bugs, I've had that 'can't pick it up' like you a few times. One full CTD for no apparent reason. Had a few things which seemed missing, sometimes obviously so sometimes less, to scenes. Whether a bloke's hamburger or even an NPC who seems like they should have been in the scene but I could only hear their voice. Another issue I'm finding is that keys seem not to input at times - like 'alt' for holstering or even getting locked into the first dialogue option because neither mouse nor arrow keys work for a period.

edit: seems to have been a hugely successful launch in terms of sales. 8m pre-orders, new Steam record for concurrent players of a single player game at a smidge over 1m - Fallout 4 was previous record holder at 473k.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:10:53 pm by Zeb »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2020, 04:12:54 pm »
edit: seems to have been a hugely successful launch in terms of sales. 8m pre-orders, new Steam record for concurrent players at a smidge over 1m - Fallout 4 was previous record holder at 473k.
This doesn't surprise me, this is the most hyped game I can remember in years, in that someone like me who doesn't keep up with the gaming industry massively is very aware of it's presence via articles, adverts, word of mouth etc.

Some of the glitches and bugs people are finding so seem inexcusable. It seems like this will end up being what they wanted it to be, but probably in 6 months to a year's time.

I'm awaiting a copy to play on the Series X, not really seen much on how it's running on the new gen consoles.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2020, 04:21:40 pm »
I also had that bloke walking through the lift doors when they were closed but that hasn't happened to anyone else since though. the thing with an item maybe not being an item you can pick up has happened a few times, but I don't really care about that.

today I've had one instance where it got stuck in the 'scanning' mode which required a reload. lost all of about 15 seconds of game time so an irritating more than anything else.

it's fine.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »
Personally I'm totally okay with it running shite for now, as I have not got my hands on a new console  ;D Yes, I'm bitter like that.

However, they better fix the issues before I actually get a new console!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2020, 04:43:03 pm »
CD Projekt Red most overrated developers about.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2020, 05:28:01 pm »
Tom's Hardware benchmarking on the i9-9900k, and some smug about being right on the game's performance: https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/cyberpunk-2077-pc-benchmarks-settings-performance-analysis

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2020, 07:49:53 pm »

The question is, who are the most underrated ;)

Anyway, gonna have a couple hours with this on PC later, hope it lives up to some of the hype at least.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2020, 08:16:50 pm »
So I've just installed it and the 50+gb day one patch on the Xbox Series X but after reading this I'm afraid to turn it on :lmao
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2020, 08:27:24 pm »

They've only really worked on the Witcher series prior to this. Not sure they've put enough out to have a catalog considered overated. This game for sure though seems like they bit off more than they could chew, on top of a lot of crunch and multiple delays.

I'd probably say Ubisoft, keep milking the same franchises with the same generic mechanics.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:32:25 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2020, 08:57:11 pm »
They've only really worked on the Witcher series prior to this. Not sure they've put enough out to have a catalog considered overated. This game for sure though seems like they bit off more than they could chew, on top of a lot of crunch and multiple delays.

I'd probably say Ubisoft, keep milking the same franchises with the same generic mechanics.

That’s the point though. They’ve only put out the Witcher series and everyone has been gushing over them ever since but this just looks like a mess. Ubisoft are bad though I’ll agree with you on that.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2020, 09:37:57 pm »
If its this bad why not just delay it. I played 30 minutes and now I appreciate the work rockstar must do to release a gta. Even the volume of some characters dialogue is out of place, cars driving through walls lmao. At least they gave everyone 3 penis size options tho hey? Priorities and that
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2020, 09:47:57 pm »
Won’t be bothering with this for a good few months.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2020, 09:58:35 pm »
If its this bad why not just delay it. I played 30 minutes and now I appreciate the work rockstar must do to release a gta. Even the volume of some characters dialogue is out of place, cars driving through walls lmao. At least they gave everyone 3 penis size options tho hey? Priorities and that

For like, at least a year. It's that bad.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2020, 10:32:02 pm »
I've no idea what it's like on consoles, but on PC it's fine.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2020, 10:38:09 pm »
Jesus I just watched the digital foundry video on PS4 and PS4 pro. Looks absolutely unplayable on the PS4 and not too much better on the pro. No way should it have been released on those systems. The Xbox one review should be a laugh.

I’ve only got a base PS4 and decided to wait till I get the ps5 and the version for that is out so no worries. But this thing is taxing on top pc’s. Should have been delayed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:41:23 pm by MBL? »