Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1048348 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17600 on: December 12, 2022, 04:38:47 pm »

It's on a keyring. People are looking all over for the logo but cannot find it.

Thanks for looking.
My first thought was an engineering company. If it is, it is not a large and obvious one - my very far from exhaustive search drew a blank.

I did have a quick look at USPTO, but logo searches are devilishly difficult. I do not have the time and energy to perform a serious search there - it will take a lot of time (assuming the logo is even registered there).

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=login&p_lang=english&p_d=trmk

You will probably use the third option:

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=search&state=4810:l9uere.1.1

To use the above, you will need to look through the Code Manual:

https://tess2.uspto.gov/tmdb/dscm/index.htm

And you can apply boolean logic to narrow your search.

But read these pages first:

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search/design-search-codes

And, good luck - you will need it!
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #17601 on: December 13, 2022, 01:33:50 pm »
have you thought that it may not be a logo?

i did design as well as art and sometimes for practical reasons we would construct a design that would enable an object to be more tangible

that could be for grip or even just for aesthetic reasons and have no real purpose

a design that is more pleasing to the eye is more preferable to a potential customer
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17602 on: December 13, 2022, 01:39:21 pm »
It rang bells for me and I also was thinking tyre company. Went through all the big tyre companies before coming back here later and reading others had done the same.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17603 on: December 13, 2022, 02:03:04 pm »
Looks like our famous 80s track suits.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17604 on: December 14, 2022, 08:13:13 am »
Has anyone ever done any experiments to see if it's cheaper to just leave your central heating on?

I'm currently on holiday and wont be going out much but havent changed my settings as yet. I'm generally on 19.5c when I go to bed and just got up 6 hours later and its 14.5c. My house is fairly cold and my double glazing is very old so it takes a lot to get it back up.

👍

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #17605 on: December 14, 2022, 11:18:20 am »
Has anyone ever done any experiments to see if it's cheaper to just leave your central heating on?

I'm currently on holiday and wont be going out much but havent changed my settings as yet. I'm generally on 19.5c when I go to bed and just got up 6 hours later and its 14.5c. My house is fairly cold and my double glazing is very old so it takes a lot to get it back up.

👍
Almost never - although the specifics will depend on what internal temperatures you are trying to maintain and for how long (e.g. when the house occupied).

Every home is different but it is not too difficult to try this experiment yourself and it will give you a definitive answer which will help you understand where the money/energy is going.

Assuming you have gas central heating, take readings from your gas meter 2-3 days apart under your current heating regime. Then try leaving it on all the time for the same amount of time at your preferred temperature set point(s), reading the meter before and after.

If the outside temperature has been more of less consistent you can convert the difference in the volume of gas used in the two periods to kWh using the link below. Multiply the kWh figure by 34p 10p which is the current unit price cap for gas and you will be in a good position to weigh up the difference in cost against the benefit in terms of comfort/utility.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-meter-readings-and-bill-calculation

If your home takes a very long time to heat up it is probably not due to your double glazed windows (the energy saving potential between new and old units will be modest). Most heat loss tends to be through the roof (25%), walls (35%) and floor (10%) rather than your windows (10%) so sort those out first (although floor insulation isn't always easy). I would also suggest checking to see that all of your radiators are working properly - if you have airlocks, accumulated sludge or the system is poorly balanced it will reduce the rate of heat output.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 03:02:07 pm by Red Raw »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17606 on: December 14, 2022, 11:22:31 am »

👍
The greater the difference between inside and outside temperature, the greater the flow of energy away from the house. So, any time you reduce the difference between inside and outside temperatures, you are saving energy (and money). So, turn off the heating (or set the thermostat low to protect against freezing pipes) - do not leave on the heating 24/7!
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17607 on: December 14, 2022, 12:51:33 pm »
Also depends how long you go away for, and how cold it gets. If you have a free standing house, for example, you'll have to think about frozen pipes and other damage. If you go away for a long time, in an old house, you can get mold and wood worm if there is no heating at all.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17608 on: December 14, 2022, 02:08:20 pm »
I cant find the quotes but Martin Lewis has gone on record as saying that its NOT cost effective to leave the heating on
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17609 on: December 14, 2022, 02:18:35 pm »
Related to the above are those Quooker and other similar type 100 degrees C boiling water tap things. You know you pop a tea bag in a mug and turn the tap and instant boiling water comes out. Surely it can't be cost effective to have boiling water always ready at the turn of a tap, 24 hours a day?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17610 on: December 14, 2022, 02:22:16 pm »
Related to the above are those Quooker and other similar type 100 degrees C boiling water tap things. You know you pop a tea bag in a mug and turn the tap and instant boiling water comes out. Surely it can't be cost effective to have boiling water always ready at the turn of a tap, 24 hours a day?

They're supposed to be 50% more efficient than other ways of boiling water
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17611 on: December 14, 2022, 02:23:39 pm »

It doesn't have water boiling ready to go - it boils only what is needed. Compared to a kettle where people constantly boil and reboil water they don't use.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17612 on: December 14, 2022, 02:25:05 pm »
They're supposed to be 50% more efficient than other ways of boiling water
Really? even while keeping water at boiling point 24 hours a day? OK let me rephrase: do your bills go down by having one of those taps compared to boiling a kettle when you need boiling water?

I'm not being critical, I genuinely want to know, as if it's truly cheaper I'll get one fitted!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17613 on: December 14, 2022, 02:27:51 pm »
Really? even while keeping water at boiling point 24 hours a day? OK let me rephrase: do your bills go down by having one of those taps compared to boiling a kettle when you need boiling water?

I'm not being critical, I genuinely want to know, as if it's truly cheaper I'll get one fitted!

Compared to a kettle they are cheaper to run, but how many decades you'd need to cover before you got the purchase price back is a whole different story ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17614 on: December 14, 2022, 02:30:16 pm »
As far as I know, there is no reservoir. Rather, it is instant boiling water, and only in the amount required. I would expect it to be considerably more efficient than a kettle.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17615 on: December 14, 2022, 02:35:12 pm »

Didn't you buy one when Boris told everyone we'd save money if we bought a new kettle?

We have an instant boil thing for making the baby's bottles. I would guess it costs less money than using a kettle to make them. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17616 on: December 14, 2022, 02:53:23 pm »

Maybe there are different types, the one we have in work looks like a small water tank with a heater. You can hear it kick in and boil water now and then too, so I guess it is keeping a reservoir at temperature. I can't see that being cheaper than a kettle for a private household, unless there's someone making cuppas every 5 minutes!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17617 on: December 14, 2022, 02:57:21 pm »
Maybe there are different types, the one we have in work looks like a small water tank with a heater. You can hear it kick in and boil water now and then too, so I guess it is keeping a reservoir at temperature. I can't see that being cheaper than a kettle for a private household, unless there's someone making cuppas every 5 minutes!

That's me in winter.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17618 on: December 14, 2022, 03:05:48 pm »
That's me in winter.

There's a new thing to ask Santa for then ;D

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17619 on: December 14, 2022, 03:19:28 pm »

It's on a keyring. People are looking all over for the logo but cannot find it.

Thanks for looking.

so someone found this;

https://t.co/sfywSv3rlP

However, I've no idea why I'd know that place  :(

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #17620 on: December 14, 2022, 03:26:08 pm »
so someone found this;

Bloody hell that's about as arb as you can get.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17621 on: December 14, 2022, 03:26:39 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #17622 on: December 14, 2022, 03:43:09 pm »
RedByrdz, I think is right on this.

The instant boiling water dispensers retain a relatively small, insulated reservoir at/near boiling point so that the first few centilitres are at the right temperature. They rely on a high power heater which heats the majority of the water 'on demand' as it is drawn through the device.

You will use pretty much the same amount of energy to boil your water whichever technology you use (~0.00116 kWh/kg.K at 20°C). The main difference in economy is the amount of water that is heated but not used.

'Savings' are always dependent on whatever comparison you are making. If the counterfactual is a kettle that is routinely overfilled by multiple people several times a day (e.g. in a shared/work kitchen) then I think they can do reasonably well. There may also be H&S benefits over kettles in a commercial environment. In a low occupancy, domestic setting I suspect they are more of a convenience than an energy saving appliance.

I do not believe instant water boilers can be 50% more efficient in anything other than some highly convoluted and favourable scenario ('energy saving' appliances rarely state in any meaningful way the conditions under which such savings are possible). As the savings are only made at the margins you would need a lot cups of tea before you will realise any savings against the initial outlay.

For reference, a ~Ł1200 cost (excluding installation) would pay for enough electricity (even at 34p/kWh) to bring about 37,000 litres of water from 15°C to 100°C.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17623 on: December 14, 2022, 03:59:41 pm »
Thank you very much for your replies about the heating everyone. Thanks Red Raw. Think I will up the lower limits a bit just so I havent got to make up so much. I think my maximum of 19.5c isnt that much, although I'm fine with it. Everyone I speak to seems to have theres at 21/22c.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #17624 on: December 14, 2022, 04:16:37 pm »
so someone found this;

Oh mate that looks like a wind-up. Pick anything beginning with A and make something else up. Is that a real brand? Very obscure surely...

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17625 on: December 14, 2022, 04:47:23 pm »
Oh mate that looks like a wind-up. Pick anything beginning with A and make something else up. Is that a real brand? Very obscure surely...
It's legit. I was not totally convinced of it being the correct match, so looked around a bit. The original person asking the question posted some more details at Reddit and this helped someone at Twitter to perform a nice USPTO search and found the logo. The details of the trademark owner matched the extra details posted at Reddit and this is what enabled the meaningful search at USPTO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatisthis/comments/zgg3aa/found_this_old_keychain_the_logo_looks_soo/

https://twitter.com/henkvaness/status/1601684201694441474?s=20&t=95R_UtPUUZs0bLNyKLEChg

https://twitter.com/SababaUSA/status/1602712558699429909

I modified the USPTO search so that the returned results fitted within the 100 limit allowed by a public search:
(261702)[DC] AND (TEXAS)[OW] AND `FD > 19650000 < 19850000
(Return 28 in my search).

https://www.wynnejackson.com/

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/img/73331607/large?1670950819583
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 06:55:48 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17626 on: December 14, 2022, 06:45:18 pm »
This place never ceases to amaze me  :o

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17627 on: December 14, 2022, 06:57:36 pm »
This place never ceases to amaze me  :o
I'd say the same, except maybe use "baffle".  :)

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17628 on: December 14, 2022, 08:18:34 pm »
It's legit. I was not totally convinced of it being the correct match, so looked around a bit. The original person asking the question posted some more details at Reddit and this helped someone at Twitter to perform a nice USPTO search and found the logo. The details of the trademark owner matched the extra details posted at Reddit and this is what enabled the meaningful search at USPTO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatisthis/comments/zgg3aa/found_this_old_keychain_the_logo_looks_soo/

https://twitter.com/henkvaness/status/1601684201694441474?s=20&t=95R_UtPUUZs0bLNyKLEChg

https://twitter.com/SababaUSA/status/1602712558699429909

I modified the USPTO search so that the returned results fitted within the 100 limit allowed by a public search:(Return 28 in my search).

https://www.wynnejackson.com/

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/img/73331607/large?1670950819583

I'm still puzzled though. When I first saw the image, I smiled and said yea I know that. There's absolutely no way I would know the original image as found above. I wonder if the pattern is a part of something bigger that I am remembering??

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17629 on: December 14, 2022, 08:20:23 pm »
I'm still puzzled though. When I first saw the image, I smiled and said yea I know that. There's absolutely no way I would know the original image as found above. I wonder if the pattern is a part of something bigger that I am remembering??

I reckon we all saw it in an episode of Dallas  ;)

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17630 on: December 14, 2022, 08:21:48 pm »

;D

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17631 on: December 14, 2022, 08:35:15 pm »
I think it is human psychology. We could probably put up nearly any (and obscure) repeating pattern, ask if anyone recognises it, and most of will think it 'looks familiar'. It is part of human nature to store and seek pattern matches. It is so basic to survival.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:42:10 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17632 on: December 14, 2022, 08:35:35 pm »
That's it! ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17633 on: December 14, 2022, 08:58:07 pm »
Hmmmm. Where else have I seen more than one symbol placed side by side, looking like a stylised S or lightning strike......  ??? :o :-X

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17634 on: December 14, 2022, 09:04:00 pm »
Hmmmm. Where else have I seen more than one symbol placed side by side, looking like a stylised S or lightning strike......  ??? :o :-X

I thought they all fled to Brazil not Texas?   :o

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17635 on: December 14, 2022, 09:04:40 pm »

My immediate thought was a game of some kind, maybe a racing game.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17636 on: December 14, 2022, 10:02:36 pm »
Best company for delivering flowers nationwide?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17637 on: December 14, 2022, 10:11:12 pm »
I thought they all fled to Brazil not Texas?   :o
Not just Brazil mate...... ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sOtYdSDCb5A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sOtYdSDCb5A</a>

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17638 on: December 16, 2022, 09:21:42 am »
They’re stupidly expensive but Interflora only allow reputable florists onto their platform and they do always get them there in good condition and reasonably close to the picture. M&S not bad either. Some of the budget ones are dire, they look full bouquets online then the person receives a few twigs and some battered flowers.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17639 on: December 16, 2022, 12:03:54 pm »

What Sangria said above. But also - when I wanted to send flowers abroad, I found it was better (and cheaper) to find a local florist (local to the receiver) online that delivered and order them there.