Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 663497 times)

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12440 on: April 16, 2024, 10:23:39 am »
I still laugh at how they were ecstatic about Beto based on his performance against a tiring Doncaster team who had up until that point played out of their skins.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12441 on: April 16, 2024, 10:26:41 am »
Florian Plettenberg
News #Branthwaite | Yes, the 21 y/o from Everton is on the list of Manchester United and being scouted. Among many other candidates, as a new center-back is definitely supposed to come. #MUFC

➡️ However, I'm told that he's not currently a top target. Especially not for the rumored price of around €93m.

???

He was like a pub player last night.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12442 on: April 16, 2024, 10:30:17 am »
???

He (stupidly) signed a contract until 2027 so Everton have him hostage.  He also has the triple premium on him of being English, young and left footed.  He's probably a £20m player but with those premiums and with idiotic clubs like Man U around then I wouldn't be surprised at any price.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12443 on: April 16, 2024, 10:34:51 am »
Branthwaite reminds me of Harry Maguire. Might look decent in a low block team just heading balls away, but when he actually has to do some proper defending he looks slow and clumsy.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12444 on: April 16, 2024, 10:38:03 am »
Moshiri's tenure really has been catastrophic for them, straight from the "Peter Risdale Guide to Aquatic Apocalyptic Vanity Projects" fuckwit football owners handbook. 

I could feel sorry for them for a while............................

That'll do, enough sympathy from me for today.

Didn't Risdale infamously say in that press conference when it all came crashing down that they had 'lived the dream'.

Everton have somehow splurged hundreds of millions of pounds and ended up fighting relegation year in year out.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12445 on: April 16, 2024, 11:16:59 am »
Crisis seeming averted for now.

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/everton-administration-fears-777-takeover-141258530.html

Will 777 need to pump in more funds this month so they can cover the pay roll?

I'd imagine if this is the case, the idea will be to finish the season without going under. At what point do the PL tell them to complete the deal or move on?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12446 on: April 16, 2024, 11:29:41 am »
Their worst season will be next season after they've released Coleman, Young, Gueye and Gomes, and sold at least one of Branthwaite and/or Onana.  They certainly can't afford to be spending another £40m on passengers like Beto and Chermiti.

I doubt 777 Partners are going to be bankrolling another spending spree.
It sounds like these 777 clowns are the type of people who find a shell of an old Lotus sports car in a barn, then purchase it. They have no money to actually restore it, but are just chuffed with themselves because they own the shell.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12447 on: April 16, 2024, 11:46:31 am »
Moshiri's tenure really has been catastrophic for them, straight from the "Peter Risdale Guide to Aquatic Apocalyptic Vanity Projects" fuckwit football owners handbook. 

I could feel sorry for them for a while............................

That'll do, enough sympathy from me for today.

I think a lot of us had sympathy for them, but are starting to have less and less sympathy with every shout of "cartel", "corruption" and "it's so unfair". Lashing out at the wrong people is not helping anyone have any sympathy leftover
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12448 on: April 16, 2024, 11:48:02 am »
He (stupidly) signed a contract until 2027 so Everton have him hostage.  He also has the triple premium on him of being English, young and left footed.  He's probably a £20m player but with those premiums and with idiotic clubs like Man U around then I wouldn't be surprised at any price.

I wouldn't call him stupid. He wasn't getting massive attention last summer so signing that contract and becoming a regular has given him a chance to get a big move. He'll still only be 23 when entering the final year of his contract (assuming they don't get relegated before then) which is a decent age to be moving on.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12449 on: April 16, 2024, 11:50:16 am »
It sounds like these 777 clowns are the type of people who find a shell of an old Lotus sports car in a barn, then purchase it. They have no money to actually restore it, but are just chuffed with themselves because they own the shell.

More like they buy the shell of a Lotus then go to the bank and say "I have a Lotus, can I get a £100k loan using it as collateral?", then use the money to buy a house, get a loan against the house, and so on.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12450 on: April 16, 2024, 12:05:45 pm »
Branthwaite reminds me of Harry Maguire. Might look decent in a low block team just heading balls away, but when he actually has to do some proper defending he looks slow and clumsy.

He's a hyped up Nat Phillips.

Being left footed helps but he doesn't look a modern centre back. He's not quick or great on the ball. Main quality is aerial doninance via sheer frame and size. No doubt they'll get a ridiculous fee but the money quoted is absurd.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12451 on: April 16, 2024, 12:06:04 pm »

Lotus definitely the right car to represent Everton. Lot's Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12452 on: April 16, 2024, 12:08:58 pm »
Lotus definitely the right car to represent Everton. Lot's Of Trouble Usually Serious.
That's why I picked it.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12453 on: April 16, 2024, 12:25:06 pm »
???

How many Premier League players will be able to blow £90 million plus on a player this summer?

I think Everton will be lucky to get half the money they think they can for their most sellable players.
Justice for the 96!

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12454 on: April 16, 2024, 12:30:13 pm »
I wouldn't call him stupid. He wasn't getting massive attention last summer so signing that contract and becoming a regular has given him a chance to get a big move. He'll still only be 23 when entering the final year of his contract (assuming they don't get relegated before then) which is a decent age to be moving on.
I'm not sure.  Having another three seasons of top flight football under his belt is going to aid his development but the longer he spends playing low block football under Dyche the longer it's going to take him to transition to defending with a high line.  Tarkowski, Mee and Keane have never progressed beyond being penalty box defenders - all having spent the majority of their careers playing for Dyche.

Quansah's mistake against Man U was annoying but better to be making and learning from those mistakes as a 21-year old.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12455 on: April 16, 2024, 12:33:51 pm »
???

Would be annoying if they get lots of cash for him but hilarious if Utd signed him, couldn't believe there's been suggestions of us to go for him in the transfer thread, he is horrific, another horror show last night, just like at City, Utd etc. He's rash, slow, can't pass, just sits in a low block heading a few away, same as much hyped players in the past like Keane, Maguire, Tarkowski etc etc.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12456 on: April 16, 2024, 12:59:22 pm »
They will stay up due to the fume they had when they were given the first points deductions. It's literally kept them up.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12457 on: April 16, 2024, 01:09:11 pm »
When your mentor is Tarkowski all you will learn is how to block and header let's face it

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12458 on: April 16, 2024, 01:14:43 pm »
Would be annoying if they get lots of cash for him but hilarious if Utd signed him, couldn't believe there's been suggestions of us to go for him in the transfer thread, he is horrific, another horror show last night, just like at City, Utd etc. He's rash, slow, can't pass, just sits in a low block heading a few away, same as much hyped players in the past like Keane, Maguire, Tarkowski etc etc.

I thought that don't get them raving about him vastly over rated mind you how many players have they done that with over the years
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12459 on: April 16, 2024, 01:40:37 pm »
The Miami-based investment fund now have a few weeks to come up with the money.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-takeover-777-partners-loan-b2529346.html

Kicking the can down the road...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12460 on: April 16, 2024, 01:44:15 pm »
Their worst season will be next season after they've released Coleman, Young, Gueye and Gomes, and sold at least one of Branthwaite and/or Onana.  They certainly can't afford to be spending another £40m on passengers like Beto and Chermiti.

I doubt 777 Partners are going to be bankrolling another spending spree.

Seeing Gomes out there last night was a bit mad. Didn’t realise he was still there - been there since what, 2017? When did he last do anything?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #12461 on: April 16, 2024, 01:47:50 pm »

If Maguire is worth £80m, Branthwaite was worth £320m until last night, that result shaved half off his price
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 01:51:29 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12462 on: April 16, 2024, 01:50:15 pm »

How many Premier League players will be able to blow £90 million plus on a player this summer?

I think Everton will be lucky to get half the money they think they can for their most sellable players.

Anyone buying Everton players will be stupid if they do not do what Spurs did with Forest, low ball them before June 30th (when Everton need to sell by to get into this years accounts).

Anyone who overpays for Everton players is stupid and will also have one eye on their own 2023/24 accounts as well. Prices are going down.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12463 on: April 16, 2024, 02:04:17 pm »
Seeing Gomes out there last night was a bit mad. Didn’t realise he was still there - been there since what, 2017? When did he last do anything?

He dominated (one of) the Origi derby's remember?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12464 on: April 16, 2024, 02:31:10 pm »
It's clear that 777 will see Branthwaite, Onana, Dacoure, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin as bankable assets. No-one else is worth diddly squit but they may see that bunch as £200m+.

I know they are in the mire but without those players and the ability to cash those chips they would be in a far worse position.

Calvert-Lewin has 1 year left on his contract
Dacoure 1 year

The other 3 have 3 years so are the ones with value.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12465 on: April 16, 2024, 02:36:53 pm »
He arrived at the height of them throwing money around so must be around 2017.  I can still remember the bantz that Barcelona supposedly took our players whilst Everton took Barcelona's players.  If only we'd signed Mina, Digne and Gomes instead of Alisson and Virgil  :butt

I think Gomes has played in most of their games in the past couple of months.  There was a game where MotD featured him for their 30 second analysis checkbox exercise and pointed out he was controlling the game.  Getting himself in the shop window so he can blag one final big contract, I guess.  No such luck for Dele though as Everton won't want to trigger any payments to Spurs.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12466 on: April 16, 2024, 02:41:33 pm »
It's clear that 777 will see Branthwaite, Onana, Dacoure, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin as bankable assets. No-one else is worth diddly squit but they may see that bunch as £200m+.

I know they are in the mire but without those players and the ability to cash those chips they would be in a far worse position.

Calvert-Lewin has 1 year left on his contract
Dacoure 1 year

The other 3 have 3 years so are the ones with value.
I'd also add Mykolenko but that's just based on him looking above average in the handful of their games I've watched.  I don't see anyone paying for Calvert-Lewin or Doucoure but then you never know with Arteta  ;D

777 Partners selling Genoa's best player to Spurs shows they're well suited to running Everton.  Unlike Everton though it was a good bit of financial business as Genoa flipped him for a massive profit after only six months or so.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12467 on: April 16, 2024, 03:27:49 pm »
Also worth pointing out that contracts are up shortly for

Harrison (loan)
Danjuma
Gomes
Alli
Gueye
Coleman
Young
Lonergan

Who all have to be replaced (except Alli who does not leave a shadow, what a buy that was), not really losing that much and they are probably happy to save the wages.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12468 on: April 16, 2024, 03:34:08 pm »
Also worth pointing out that contracts are up shortly for

Harrison (loan)
Danjuma
Gomes
Alli
Gueye
Coleman
Young
Lonergan

Who all have to be replaced (except Alli who does not leave a shadow, what a buy that was), not really losing that much and they are probably happy to save the wages.

Dunno, Harrison, Gomes, Gueye, Coleman, Young are semi regulars now aren't they? Harrison has played a lot, Gomes seems to come on a lot as a sub, Young and Coleman appear a fair amount. They could have some problems

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12469 on: April 16, 2024, 03:40:15 pm »
Dunno, Harrison, Gomes, Gueye, Coleman, Young are semi regulars now aren't they? Harrison has played a lot, Gomes seems to come on a lot as a sub, Young and Coleman appear a fair amount. They could have some problems

Biggest issue there is they're getting no money for them and they've shown pretty much zero initiative towards using their reserves and youth set-up. Even Branthwaite had to go to PSV to get an opportunity at first-team football. So now they need to find half a dozen replacements with little to no way of spending a significant outlay to replace any of them

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12470 on: April 16, 2024, 03:53:30 pm »
Biggest issue there is they're getting no money for them and they've shown pretty much zero initiative towards using their reserves and youth set-up. Even Branthwaite had to go to PSV to get an opportunity at first-team football. So now they need to find half a dozen replacements with little to no way of spending a significant outlay to replace any of them

As the jewel in the crown of 777, they will have their pick of the crème de la crème of all of 777's other basket case clubs.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12471 on: April 16, 2024, 03:55:11 pm »

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-takeover-777-partners-loan-b2529346.html

Surely paying off this loan with another one goes against the reason the PL stipulated this needed paying off in the first place?

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12472 on: April 16, 2024, 04:01:49 pm »
https://x.com/paddypower/status/1779960778277167177
Has anyone seen this ?
Gave me a good laugh.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12473 on: April 16, 2024, 04:04:40 pm »

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12474 on: April 16, 2024, 04:20:51 pm »
Branthwaite looks like the new Michael Keane or Harry Maguire - he's a serviceable midtable player in a low block team aided by a left foot and some media hype. No doubt United or Chelsea throw silly money at the Bitters for him.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12475 on: April 16, 2024, 04:31:46 pm »

They offered to buy the club and have spent 7 months trying to get the money together, but have been lending the club £20m a month, and presumable getting a good wedge back in interest payments.
What a web of intrigue.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12476 on: April 16, 2024, 04:37:48 pm »
He arrived at the height of them throwing money around so must be around 2017.  I can still remember the bantz that Barcelona supposedly took our players whilst Everton took Barcelona's players.  If only we'd signed Mina, Digne and Gomes instead of Alisson and Virgil  :butt

I think Gomes has played in most of their games in the past couple of months.  There was a game where MotD featured him for their 30 second analysis checkbox exercise and pointed out he was controlling the game.  Getting himself in the shop window so he can blag one final big contract, I guess.  No such luck for Dele though as Everton won't want to trigger any payments to Spurs.
And I can't see him getting any more TV work.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12477 on: April 16, 2024, 05:19:11 pm »
They offered to buy the club and have spent 7 months trying to get the money together, but have been lending the club £20m a month, and presumable getting a good wedge back in interest payments.
What a web of intrigue.
777 have done this in the past, promised but never delivered. It's why they are in court. Frankly, if they ever did pull this deal off I would be scared shitless if I was an Everton fan, it would be like popping a cork on a champagne bottle, money will be gushing out. And considering their approach to date has been to use new acquisitions for even bigger gambles...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12478 on: April 16, 2024, 09:25:06 pm »
So MSP, Bell, Downing AND Moshiri lent 777 partners £158 million snots, but 777 partners have lent Everton about £200 million snots for the day to day  running?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12479 on: April 16, 2024, 09:36:39 pm »
So MSP, Bell, Downing AND Moshiri lent 777 partners £158 million snots, but 777 partners have lent Everton about £200 million snots for the day to day  running?

It's one of the debts Everton are carrying.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”