Author Topic: CLQF: Liv 3 vs 3 Ben (agg 6-4) Kon21’ Ramos 32’ Bobby 56' 65' Sub 73’ Nuñez 82’  (Read 18951 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We rested many players and didn't get out of first gear. We are through and that's all that matters.

ON TO THE SEMIS!!!

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
That was ridiculous.

Did Darwin Nunez put the ball in the net pretty much every time he touched it, or was I seeing things? Does he ever miss?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Got the result we needed. But some work deffo needed on our high line

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How much is Tsimi worth in today's market, I wonder? Surely there'd be a queue for him.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
VAR wanted to make things interesting lol.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That was ridiculous.

Did Darwin Nunez put the ball in the net pretty much every time he touched it, or was I seeing things? Does he ever miss?

He made Alisson look like a pylon - quite shocking to see.

Also, Ali's save after their equalizer was one of his best ever.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Thought Ali was really slow getting out tonight, seemed to hesitate a few times.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
We need to cut this lackadaisical streak out of our game sharpish. Its happened a few times this season and it will end up costing us if we aren't careful. After going 3-1 up there is no way in hell that they should see any way back into the game. If it was City or another elite team, fair enough it can happen but not against Benfica who are struggling in the Portuguese league.

It seems to be momentary mistakes or complete lack of balance between midfield and defence when it happens. Its happened against Brentford, Atletico, Chelsea away. We need to be absolutely ruthless and focus for 90+ mins if we don't want to just end up with the League Cup at the end of the season.

Worth noting as well that if we had played in the last three quarters of that tie against Atletico, we would probably be out.

Online proudred

• Legacy Fan
Need to sort out the defending. Do we really needed to play with a high line for this match ?

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
It seemed like VAR let 2 offside goals stand to keep the tie interesting. Oh well, B-Team gets a draw to send us through to the semis. Can't ask for better than that.

But they were both onside

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
It's a bit worrying how easily our offside trap has been played through today and against City last Sunday.

Still, we did enough to get the job done and gave a lot of players a rest in the process, on we go.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Those saying the defence was sloppy. It’s more that we dropped our intensity as a team in defending all over than the defensive line having a mare.

All three of their goals had to survive VAR checks, all were just on, another day they’re not
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
That was ridiculous.

His selections are very natural

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
We need to cut this lackadaisical streak out of our game sharpish. Its happened a few times this season and it will end up costing us if we aren't careful. After going 3-1 up there is no way in hell that they should see any way back into the game. If it was City or another elite team, fair enough it can happen but not against Benfica who are struggling in the Portuguese league.

It seems to be momentary mistakes or complete lack of balance between midfield and defence when it happens. Its happened against Brentford, Atletico, Chelsea away. We need to be absolutely ruthless and focus for 90+ mins if we don't want to just end up with the League Cup at the end of the season.

Worth noting as well that if we had played in the last three quarters of that tie against Atletico, we would probably be out.

Is there anything about the club you like?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All that matters is getting through.

Nunez looks some player.

Online Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
That was good fun actually. Never felt stressed at all. Here we go again.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All that matters is getting through.

Nunez looks some player.

Needs to cut out the acting though,was disgraceful in both games.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Chaotic

Offside trap played by people who don’t usually play
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
Job done. Players rested. Bring on the oil cheats at the weekend.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

If we'd played against Benfica we'd have got through. What load of nonsense that last sentence.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Benfica are very good going forward but crap defensively. We really didn’t take full advantage of those facts and they did - which is why the scoreline flattered them hugely. But in the great scheme of CL things, all that matters is who is in the next round, and that is LFC.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

I'm struggling to think of anything less worthy of note than this.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Happy Days.  :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Needs to cut out the acting though,was disgraceful in both games.

Some player though. Going to be very special if he carries on that way.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Our offside goal. The hell Salah was passing it to Mane?

Just pull the trigger Mo, go for the goal. Don't have to be afraid being called greedy!!!

I was almost screaming when he passed it. It's fine to be greedy!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That was good fun actually. Never felt stressed at all. Here we go again.

Twelve 1-0 wins would make a very decent season.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan

Well they obviously watched the game at weekend? All 3 where hairline decisions, especially the 3rd. I think we might well bin it for specific games coming up now. Looks like our opponents are literally throwing all eggs in one basket now in a means to score against us.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
Got the job done resting loads of players will hopefully pay dividends this weekend against City.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

This is not a super post.

Very disappointed in you Sir.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
Those saying the defence was sloppy. It’s more that we dropped our intensity as a team in defending all over than the defensive line having a mare.

All three of their goals had to survive VAR checks, all were just on, another day they’re not

Ummm it was.

That's not any sort of justification.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Job done.

Move on to weekend.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Pretty silly game really… almost everthing benfica hit went in (they’re at like 1xg or something) .. and some of our players quite rightly in injury prevention mode

Into the CL semis … never not special

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Jake Humphries saying benfica had two goals disallowed they could’ve won it

I hate that prick so much

They were clearly offside like Manes goal was. Mention that maybe you carrot crunching prick
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Job done.

Move on to weekend.

No mate, get upset about the defence.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty silly game really… almost everthing benfica hit went in (they’re at like 1xg or something) .. and some of our players quite rightly in injury prevention mode

Into the CL semis … never not special

They were also desperate for Bobby to get his hatty.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
Could have done without their last two goals, not that it matters. Job done in an efficient and non fussed manner. On we go.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Don't know about that. The back consisted of a mixture of players not used to playing with each other and we pretty much controlled the game itself, with them getting behind us a couple of times in the second half and scoring. To me it seems like a bit of a freak more than anything else.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
Jake Humphries saying benfica had two goals disallowed they could’ve won it

I hate that prick so much

They were clearly offside like Manes goal was. Mention that maybe you carrot crunching prick

Not to mention we clearly had a couple of more gears to go up if needed. Klopp denied we had one eye on Saturday but that didn't look to be the case.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

Yeah it’s not just the defence as the whole team needs to play their part. Midfield need to close down quicker to prevent the pass. As you said, on another day they would have been a foot offside. However on both goals, Gomez and Konate were a foot or two behind the others and they played Benfica on. That’s probably just a slight lack of game-time or lack of communication. Other than those goals, the backs had a good game.

I also think we became less direct and tried to manage the game when we were 3-1 up. Our sharpness dropped just a little and that allowed Benfica to get back into the game. Benfica’s general play didn’t deserve 3 goals and they ride their luck at times. It was just one of those games were we relaxed a little too much.
#JFT97