Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 556887 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Is it just a battle for 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st spot with 4 other teams now?
« Reply #2400 on: February 23, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »
Scan down that goals against column, it doesn't make pretty reading, it really does need sorting.

I take it your in the pessimist category given scanning down the goals for is so inspiring
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2401 on: February 23, 2014, 06:45:25 pm »
Defending is over rated, attack is where it's at.

Kevin?  :wave :D
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: February 23, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »
Scan down that goals against column, it doesn't make pretty reading, it really does need sorting.

;D

haha  fuck me the pessimism in you mate.  look at the points.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2403 on: February 23, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »
Very, very tough finish to the season to us but it's in our hands and that's all we can ask for.

Need to play better than we have in the last 2 games or we'll drop some points in the next few games
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: February 23, 2014, 06:48:50 pm »
Really? Look at the goals for ffs, or even the goal difference. We're ahead of Chelsea in goal difference, which really says a lot considering how much we've been shipping :)

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2405 on: February 23, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »

Our defence is problematic (and can we please get Sakho back already so we can stop playing Skrtel) but thus far we've generally shown a propensity for just outscoring opponents to compensate. Even if that means things like 5-3 and 4-3.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2406 on: February 23, 2014, 06:52:36 pm »

Scored almost twice as many as everyone else though, that's pretty amazing. You're probably right though, I suspect the key stat in there is Chelsea's goals against column.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2407 on: February 23, 2014, 06:53:01 pm »
With our GD that`s practically 7 pts advantage. That means 26 out of remaining 33. Even if we need to win 24 and I`m sure we won`t and Spurs will drop decent amount of points 24 is 2.00 ppg which is ratio we have throughout entire season.

We just gotta keep on playing the way we did the whole season. A really really massive chance for CL next season. It`s now or never.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2408 on: February 23, 2014, 06:53:21 pm »

I'm scanning down the points column ... the only one that really counts

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #2409 on: February 23, 2014, 06:53:36 pm »
Good day for the pessimists, no change for the optimists

What about the optometrists....?

Can't see any mention of them

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: February 23, 2014, 06:55:43 pm »
6 or 7 wins will get us 4th.

I'd be amazed if that Spurs side I saw today win 9 or 10 of the last 11 that they will need to finish above that.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2411 on: February 23, 2014, 06:56:44 pm »
Can't see any mention of them

You need to go and see an Optimist..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2412 on: February 23, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »
It is inconceivable that so many people in here consider a 6 (or essentially 7) point advantage a guarantee for 4th with so many tough games to go and given the fluctuations in our performance and limited player experience under pressure..

Two bad results in a row and things can turn 180 degrees just like that..

Pardon?

Skrtel, Agger, Henderson all have cup medals

Gerrard and Sturridge have Champions league medals

Suarez, Sturridge, Skrtel, Johnson and Toure have League winner's medals

We're not short of experience under pressure
Better looking than Samie.

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #2413 on: February 23, 2014, 07:04:11 pm »
Sort out the silly conceded goals and we should be fine. The team have shown alot of determination to stay in the race at the top stoke away, fulham away and todays result show the lads are going to give it there all to the end of the season. If we are in the race still come the games against chelsea and city both will be worried to come to anfield.
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2414 on: February 23, 2014, 07:21:34 pm »
That was a mixed weekend for us. Had Chelsea drawn, it would have been good, but now the point distribution is the same and we have one less game to gain on that gang. And we had to fight hard for that result in a game that seemed easy the way it started.

One thing went for us - the Spurs result. The pressure for fourth is off our backs now, and that may enable us to play our hearts out for the rest of the season.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #2415 on: February 23, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »
Good on yer Norwich.

Always liked Hughton
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #2416 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:33 pm »
If we get 4 pts from Chelsea and city games we'll win the title
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:59 pm »
Great results for us today, did some great business for that 4th spot! Three away games up next, the realistic guy in me tells me that we'll lose touch with the top 3. But dear Liverpool, feel free to surprise me. For the first time this season I say that the top 4 is secured, no way that Spurs, United or Everton can catch us. Simply because the gap keeps getting bigger and those teams don't get better. Champions League at Anfield next season boys and girls.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2418 on: February 23, 2014, 07:43:53 pm »
That was a mixed weekend for us. Had Chelsea drawn, it would have been good, but now the point distribution is the same and we have one less game to gain on that gang. And we had to fight hard for that result in a game that seemed easy the way it started.

One thing went for us - the Spurs result. The pressure for fourth is off our backs now, and that may enable us to play our hearts out for the rest of the season.

At times today it looked possible that we'd be tied with Spurs in 4th place, 7 points off top. Turned out to be a fantastic day for us.

But yeah, could really have done with a draw yesterday. Fucking Tim Howard.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #2419 on: February 23, 2014, 07:45:14 pm »
I wont say 4th is secure till we play spurs at anfield 6 points from the mancs and spurs and we can say 4th is ours i think if we take 3 from either the city or chelsea game and we can win the title.
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: February 23, 2014, 07:45:24 pm »
We're 5.5 to miss out on the Champions League in some places. Thinking of sticking 100 quid on it. Would use the winnings to treat myself to a holiday to get over the misery if it happens!
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2421 on: February 23, 2014, 07:45:54 pm »
We have some tough and crucial games ahead and we could end up needing the 6 point cushion. I see us ending third or higher.
#JFT97

Online gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2422 on: February 23, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »
Arsenal have tougher (on paper) fixtures coming up in March, maybe it should be them looking over their shoulder?
Yeah, I have concerns about our defending, but as long as we are outscoring the opposition like we are, we should do alright.

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2423 on: February 23, 2014, 07:55:32 pm »
Got to love the way we are winning... "So you come here and think you can score three? We'll here's four fucking goals and you can shove them right up yer arse"... It's a massive fuck off to anyone coming here thinking they can take OUR points away... I just love it!

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:20 pm »
yep you can lay us on betfair to get 4th, 95 quid profit after commision  will cost you 20 quid if we do it though! 
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: February 23, 2014, 08:05:45 pm »
If anyone's curious this is what the league form's been like since the new year:

So, yeah. Pretty confident right now no one below us poses a serious threat as long as don't revert to our old, early last season selves.
West Ham is going to be tougher than I'd thought.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #2426 on: February 23, 2014, 08:07:38 pm »
Need to beat Southampton, as Spurs are playing Cardiff and I think they will beat them at home. The week we dont't play but Spurs play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Can't see them getting anything other than a beating there. So that should keep the gap to 6 points with a game in hand   
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2427 on: February 23, 2014, 08:15:20 pm »
We're coming lads :scarf

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LRTq9-rvHik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LRTq9-rvHik</a>

Let's get there first.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2428 on: February 23, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »

Or scan down the Goals For column (almost double any other team), or better still the Goal Difference column (best in the league), or even better still the points column (join best).

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2429 on: February 23, 2014, 08:27:55 pm »
Or scan down the Goals For column (almost double any other team), or better still the Goal Difference column (best in the league), or even better still the points column (join best).
Exactly! :-)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2430 on: February 23, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »
Not taking anything for granted. The six point cushion feels great but there will be a few twists and turns in the final months.

It'll go down to the wire and any one of us, Spurs, United and Everton can still get that fourth spot.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: February 23, 2014, 08:28:55 pm »
Not taking anything for granted. The six point cushion feels great but there will be a few twists and turns in the final months.

It'll go down to the wire and any one of us, Spurs, United and Everton can still get that fourth spot.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #2432 on: February 23, 2014, 08:29:27 pm »
It is inconceivable that so many people in here consider a 6 (or essentially 7) point advantage a guarantee for 4th with so many tough games to go and given the fluctuations in our performance and limited player experience under pressure..

Two bad results in a row and things can turn 180 degrees just like that..

Thinking exactly this. I feel really good about this season and will not be too disappointed if we do slip up to be honest. All of the top 7 teams have big games that can alter things a lot. It only takes two bad results, especially in a 'six-pointer' and things will look a lot different.

We are six ahead of Tottenham now and with our GD that gives us almost another point. I think we will have more nail-biting games to come. Let's just enjoy it. Realistically, I still think all of the top 7 are still in with a shout. We have the opportunity to press ahead and hopefully we will, but don't be too disheartened or shocked if there are some shifts in the next few weeks.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2433 on: February 23, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »

I'll never rule out United, nobody should. It's been fantastic laughing at them and their manager since August, but this season isn't over. I'll celebrate for real when they're mathematically out of the race for fourth as well as out of the Champions League.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #2434 on: February 23, 2014, 08:35:38 pm »
4th?

We're going for the title!

:scarf
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: February 23, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »
I'll never rule out United, nobody should. It's been fantastic laughing at them and their manager since August, but this season isn't over. I'll celebrate for real when they're mathematically out of the race for fourth as well as out of the Champions League.

Really?

Why wouldn't you rule them out? They've had 27 games to show that Moyes knew what he was doing. They haven't show top four form for the majority of those 27 games. Are they suddenly going to go on league winning form for the last 11?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2436 on: February 23, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

You're scared of the name and nothing more.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2437 on: February 23, 2014, 08:44:15 pm »
Why wouldn't you rule them out? They've had 27 games to show that Moyes knew what he was doing. They haven't show top four form for the majority of those 27 games. Are they suddenly going to go on league winning form for the last 11?

No disrespect PoP. You dont get 4th until you get 4th. 5 points from 5th and 9 points from 6th means fuckall if we draw/lose a weekend and they win theirs.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2438 on: February 23, 2014, 08:45:34 pm »
Usually after a win this thread installs optimism into the majority but it seems that a lot of us (me included) are taking a more measured approach of not taking anything for granted. With the Norwich result tonight we've been gifted a 'free' reprieve just in case of a slip up. I think Arsenal could potentially drop pts at Stoke next weekend so a win against Southampton would be absolutely huge.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2439 on: February 23, 2014, 08:47:15 pm »
No disrespect PoP. You dont get 4th until you get 4th. 5 points from 5th and 9 points from 6th means fuckall if we draw/lose a weekend and they win theirs.

They are 11 points behind us. They need to win 4 games (probably in a row) that that we lose to get ahead of us.

Is that likely to happen?