Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5737793 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #51320 on: November 4, 2018, 01:14:12 pm »
Like a lot of fans you mean in football. I find it a little perplexing this stuff about Wenger as it was obvious to all of us that Arsenal were going to ruin under his leadership in the end, regardless of how a good manager he was at the start of his career. Emery is a good all round manager and see no reason why he won't eventually put them back amongst the top four teams, it could even occur this season considering Tottenham and United's situation.

I don't think my circle of Liverpool friends are like that.

The only manager I've not been on board with is he who shall not be named.

I don't work for the club and despite supporting them for close to 39 years, I don't always know what's best .

I wanted to stick with Rodgers, hell I wanted to stick with Kenny.

Btw I think Emery is a fantastic manager. Just not sure Arsenal deserve him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51321 on: November 4, 2018, 01:20:41 pm »

I don't work for the club and despite supporting them for close to 39 years, I don't always know what's best .

There are plenty of who turned on Benitez. Don't forget that.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51322 on: November 4, 2018, 01:33:49 pm »

Parts of our fanbase turned on Rafa and gave the then owners an excuse to get rid of him. You only have to see what some of our fans are like on social media to see we have people like that. All fanbases have them, that's the point. I would say like you, most of my friends are how you describe above as well and I was the same about Rodgers too. But I'm afraid its the nature of the beast now, social media have given some a platform and they use it to cause a divide between fans. It's one of the reasons I don't bother with it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51323 on: November 4, 2018, 02:24:53 pm »
There are plenty of who turned on Benitez. Don't forget that.

Probably turn on Klopp judging by the reaction to the result yesterday.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51324 on: November 4, 2018, 02:27:28 pm »
Probably turn on Klopp judging by the reaction to the result yesterday.

It wouldn't surprise me unfortunately

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #51325 on: November 4, 2018, 02:36:24 pm »
Count Dracula looking c*nt.

I developed an unhealthy hatred towards him since yesterday. Fuck his greasy hair and his ugly teeth. Production didn't help cause they decided to show us his reaction every single fucking time.

As for Arsenal, I expected them a bit worse. They were very up to it, lots of energy and had some good combinations with their passing.

Arsenal fans, I don't care if he was not ready, Torreira should have played against City.  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51326 on: November 4, 2018, 02:37:17 pm »
This is a free season for Emery, no one will turn on him, hes about a year ahead of schedule, I love Wenger but Emery is showing that it was the right decision to make a change.
A lot of people were underwhelmed, he didnt come with a big reputation, doing a great job so far.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51327 on: November 4, 2018, 02:40:06 pm »
I developed an unhealthy hatred towards him since yesterday. Fuck his greasy hair and his ugly teeth. Production didn't help cause they decided to show us his reaction every single fucking time.

As for Arsenal, I expected them a bit worse. They were very up to it, lots of energy and had some good combinations with their passing.

Arsenal fans, I don't care if he was not ready, Torreira should have played against City;D

He came on for 20 minutes and even then we looked a different team. Hes already our most important player.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #51328 on: November 4, 2018, 02:41:45 pm »
This is a free season for Emery, no one will turn on him, hes about a year ahead of schedule, I love Wenger but Emery is showing that it was the right decision to make a change.
A lot of people were underwhelmed, he didnt come with a big reputation, doing a great job so far.

Top 4 is essential for you though. If you don't make it, what's the transfer budget gonna be like? I'm sure he'd like to bring in a couple of CBs and maybe a winger, plus better backup for the front 2 than Iwobi and Welbeck.

Being in the Europa again might make that tricky. Or, on the other hand, the board's been hoarding up so maybe they'll see and appreciate the progress and decide to back him and you lot have a summer like we did this season.

I hope not :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51329 on: November 4, 2018, 02:49:46 pm »
Top 4 is essential for you though. If you don't make it, what's the transfer budget gonna be like? I'm sure he'd like to bring in a couple of CBs and maybe a winger, plus better backup for the front 2 than Iwobi and Welbeck.

Being in the Europa again might make that tricky. Or, on the other hand, the board's been hoarding up so maybe they'll see and appreciate the progress and decide to back him and you lot have a summer like we did this season.

I dont think the budget will be affected, we wont be spending hundreds of millions anyway, just the type of money a wolves or fulham spend. We got a massive new sponsorship deal that will make us a lot more money than CL . I think between the league and EL we have a decent chance of CL anyway.
Plus Ramsey will go and one or two others, will free up wages.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51330 on: November 4, 2018, 03:38:16 pm »

On that, not just yesterday, but it's terribly annoying that they cut to the managers or the bench or the crowd every single time the ball goes out of play and then don't show the restart so you miss the game. It's ridiculous and sometimes they miss goals because of it. I was particularly vexed yesterday as I wanted to see how we kept giving the ball away from our goal kicks :P
« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 03:42:07 pm by Foregone Concussion »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #51331 on: November 4, 2018, 03:39:50 pm »
On that, not just yesterday, but it's terribly annoying that they cut to the managers or the bench or the crowd every single time the ball goes out of play and then don't show the restart so you miss the game. It's ridiculous and sometimes they miss goals because of it. I was particularly vexed yesterday as I wanted to see how we kept giving the ball away from out goal kicks [emoji14]
Oh yes. Or when they show a useless replay of a nothing ball while we miss live action. Absolutely hate it.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51332 on: November 4, 2018, 04:09:25 pm »
I dont think the budget will be affected, we wont be spending hundreds of millions anyway, just the type of money a wolves or fulham spend. We got a massive new sponsorship deal that will make us a lot more money than CL . I think between the league and EL we have a decent chance of CL anyway.
Plus Ramsey will go and one or two others, will free up wages.

The question for me will be what the club does in January.  I think Unai has shown enough to potentially pick up one or two players if the club backs him, potentially fix the glaring issues from an unbalanced squad.  Ramsey leaving will be a shame but yesterday's performance highlighted how Emery wants the team to set up and how Ramsey's style of play makes him a passenger.  It is a shame as at one point he had the ability to be a top-class, versatile mid, a bit like Milner - he certainly has the boring/ultra professional thing going on in his home lift.  The downside is believing your own hype after that stellar season of his (2015?) where everything he touched seemed to go in the top corner. 

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51333 on: November 4, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me unfortunately

Yeah, it's going to happen, probably in the summer if we don't win the league or the Champions League this season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51334 on: November 4, 2018, 04:29:08 pm »
Yeah, it's going to happen, probably in the summer if we don't win the league or the Champions League this season.

Was thinking that as well

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51335 on: November 4, 2018, 07:41:53 pm »

Not sure it's essential for us, as we can still attract good players, & I'm not sure we would be in the market for the top players anyway, we'll be likely looking for guys at Torrieras level, but it might give us a financial boost which might help us to accelerate more rebuilding.

I'll be honest with you, I hope that they concentrate on the defence the next window or 2. I'd be happy if most of the budget went on as good a centre back as we can get & a good left back.

Id be happy to gamble on our youth to fill squad positions, Iwobi has came on leaps & bounds under Emery, Reiss Nelson if he keeps impressing at Hoffenheim could be a good candidate for a tricky wide player we are missing. Maitland-Niles to get more game time now Ramsey is leaving, likewise send Nkeitah on a loan spell to get minutes in preparation to take Welbecks space in the squad. Emile Smith-Rowe is doing well in his cameos as well.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 07:43:34 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51336 on: November 4, 2018, 07:44:23 pm »
You can fulfil one of wengers dreams and sign Chris Smalling

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51337 on: November 4, 2018, 07:56:37 pm »
Not sure it's essential for us, as we can still attract good players, & I'm not sure we would be in the market for the top players anyway, we'll be likely looking for guys at Torrieras level, but it might give us a financial boost which might help us to accelerate more rebuilding.

I'll be honest with you, I hope that they concentrate on the defence the next window or 2. I'd be happy if most of the budget went on as good a centre back as we can get & a good left back.

Id be happy to gamble on our youth to fill squad positions, Iwobi has came on leaps & bounds under Emery, Reiss Nelson if he keeps impressing at Hoffenheim could be a good candidate for a tricky wide player we are missing. Maitland-Niles to get more game time now Ramsey is leaving, likewise send Nkeitah on a loan spell to get minutes in preparation to take Welbecks space in the squad. Emile Smith-Rowe is doing well in his cameos as well.

Can't see the club going big across the board yet they may be encouraged by the recent striker change over the last couple of seasons to 'pull a Liverpool' when it comes to a top quality centre-back.  Iwobi I'm happy with, he's fantastic at getting out of a press, strong as an ox and can do a fullback inside-out, as he showed against TAA.  Only downside would be tactical discipline in big games where he's untested and has a tendency to wander out of position, but still young enough to iron that out.  As for Nelson.. he's signed a new contract so he would be the guy to kick on now he's going to be at the club, he certainly seems to be flying in Germany.  Would be brilliant to have a 'core' group of players coming through, develop some team spirit and leadership necessary for the big games. 

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51338 on: November 7, 2018, 08:50:25 am »
I was very happy on the weekend that we looked competitive against a top team, then Liverpool put in a stinker last night and now I’m not sure where we are again.
Still 14 unbeaten is very good, but we couldn’t beat an off form Liverpool , feels like a chance missed now.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51339 on: November 7, 2018, 10:20:10 am »
I was very happy on the weekend that we looked competitive against a top team, then Liverpool put in a stinker last night and now I’m not sure where we are again.
Still 14 unbeaten is very good, but we couldn’t beat an off form Liverpool , feels like a chance missed now.

2/10. Must try harder.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #51340 on: November 7, 2018, 10:24:48 am »
He’s justified in being a bit lary

After all last season they weren’t good enough to qualify for the CL through the league but this season they’re on course to....um....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51341 on: November 7, 2018, 11:21:55 am »

There is a prospect of 5 English teams in the mighty europa league next round. The place to be I tell you!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51342 on: November 7, 2018, 11:30:22 am »
Bless, nearly as giddy as those Everton fans are from last night after winning their own trophy and Liverpool losing. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51343 on: November 7, 2018, 12:32:33 pm »
There is a prospect of 5 English teams in the mighty europa league next round. The place to be I tell you!

Probably the last thing you want considering it's your most realistic chance of getting into the Champions League.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51344 on: November 7, 2018, 12:39:02 pm »
Probably the last thing you want considering it's your most realistic chance of getting into the Champions League.

Won't be a problem for them mate. They got a draw at home against an out of form Liverpool side.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51345 on: November 7, 2018, 01:08:13 pm »

If not you then PSG or Napoli, this is going to be a tough EL whoever drops into it, same for spurs and inter.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51346 on: November 7, 2018, 07:43:08 pm »
Would be brilliant to have a 'core' group of players coming through, develop some team spirit and leadership necessary for the big games.

Like Wilshere and Ramsey you mean?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51347 on: November 7, 2018, 10:18:59 pm »
Like Wilshere and Ramsey you mean?
dont forget Carl Jenkinson

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #51348 on: November 11, 2018, 06:47:46 pm »
For all the masturbation over Emery by the press and ‘we’ve got our Arsenal back’ this lot are genuinely lucky not to be floating around 9th/10th in the league this season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51349 on: November 11, 2018, 06:53:07 pm »
They look pretty much the same as ever to me, only difference is the passing at the back and their heads don't drop as quick. Other than that they don't win big games and get undeserved wins v shit, not a lot has changed. 15 points would be much fairer than their current tally. Top 4 would be a good achievement for them or a Europa win but they may get unlucky there as the Europa is going to be strong with Chelsea, Spurs possibly, one of us/PSG/Napoli etc.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51350 on: November 11, 2018, 07:22:21 pm »
They look pretty much the same as ever to me, only difference is the passing at the back and their heads don't drop as quick. Other than that they don't win big games and get undeserved wins v shit, not a lot has changed. 15 points would be much fairer than their current tally. Top 4 would be a good achievement for them or a Europa win but they may get unlucky there as the Europa is going to be strong with Chelsea, Spurs possibly, one of us/PSG/Napoli etc.

Don't think anyone is saying or expecting there to be big changes after 12 games of a new managers reign. There are signs that he is getting his ideas across but no sane Arsenal fan should be getting carried away, in any direction, either after the winning run, or a good performance last week or 2 average performances this week.

We don't have the consistency in results or performance yet to be 1 of the top 3 teams yet, we still have dips in performances & dodgy results like even the top managers in the league (Guardiola, Klopp & Poch) had in their first couple of seasons.

Obviously we are all hoping to have as successful rebuild as they guys have had, but it's early days still.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51351 on: November 11, 2018, 07:24:29 pm »
Wolves are a good side. They have given most top teams a good game.

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
« Reply #51352 on: November 11, 2018, 07:55:40 pm »
Another incredible 1-1 victory.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #51353 on: November 11, 2018, 07:59:28 pm »
Four games without a win now.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51354 on: November 12, 2018, 02:52:45 am »
They’re going to be approaching last years ManU or Burnley pretty soon for the most undeserving of their standing based on their actual performances.  I guess they can point to playing their best game of the season against us and getting a draw but on the whole their actually worse under Emery than under last years Wenger.  Yet their happier now just because they’ve lucked half a dozen results at this point.  Will be interesting to see how it goes when their luck finally runs out.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51355 on: November 12, 2018, 07:47:56 am »
Still overachieving given it’s not Emerys team. I didn’t think we’d be anywhere near top 4 , especially with the pace everyone else is setting.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #51356 on: November 12, 2018, 01:22:00 pm »

Yeah, I think given the implosion at man United after fergie going, anywhere in the top half of the table would have been ok with most Arsenal fans . As long as they could see improvement on the pitch. Haven't watched them so can't say I they are better or not. Still fairly early in the season, but if the table doesn't lie then Emery is doing a better job than we are seeing.
Still overachieving given it’s not Emerys team. I didn’t think we’d be anywhere near top 4 , especially with the pace everyone else is setting.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51357 on: November 13, 2018, 04:11:50 pm »

What is an Emery team?  Considering he had no say in transfers at Sevilla or PSG then I'm genuinely interested in what the thought on this is.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51358 on: November 13, 2018, 08:17:21 pm »
Anyone see Sky's power rankings? They have Mustafi as the topped ranked centre back in the league so far, Man City's Laporte partners him in the team.

Jesus H, what is it they say about stats again, they can be manipulated in any way? Hope it adds to his value somewhat!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #51359 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:38 am »
Their next game is away to Bournemouth?
That's gonna be an interesting one

They've started this run against us, Wolves with two draws at home, then comes bournemouth and I think Man United soon..its pretty tough

Emery will learn alot from the side after that
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.