Author Topic: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia  (Read 48179 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2023, 02:13:17 pm »
people will most probably jump on me now - i'm used to it so...

but when you play in the 'saudi' league or for a 'saudi' team you have to adhere to their strict laws of islam

if you play in the US soccer leagues do you have to adhere strictly to christian laws? no

it's kind of accepting islamic law by the back door

as the saudis eat up all the other sports and get stronger and stronger then will this mean that sport would soon be under a lot more islamic laws eating away at democracy?

the players, the clubs, the managers, the boards, THE FANS adhering to rules and regulations that are dictated to by religious beliefs?

and before anyone thinks i'm anti-muslim - no, i couldn't give 2 fucks if you were a jedi - it is your morals that i would solely judge you on

lest we forget the world cup
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2023, 02:27:43 pm »
Its all about money and power.
If you are rich enough you just don't have to abide by any of it.
That's been the way of most religion and the world for centuries.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2023, 02:34:55 pm »

but when you play in the 'saudi' league or for a 'saudi' team you have to adhere to their strict laws of islam

if you play in the US soccer leagues do you have to adhere strictly to christian laws? no

as the saudis eat up all the other sports and get stronger and stronger then will this mean that sport would soon be under a lot more islamic laws eating away at democracy?

the players, the clubs, the managers, the boards, THE FANS adhering to rules and regulations that are dictated to by religious beliefs?

and before anyone thinks i'm anti-muslim - no, i couldn't give 2 fucks if you were a jedi - it is your morals that i would solely judge you on

Very politely...

What a load of waffle.

It's all about money and power, like lobsterboy says. Nowt to do with religion.

But you carry on...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2023, 02:45:13 pm »
Very politely...

What a load of waffle.

It's all about money and power, like lobsterboy says. Nowt to do with religion.

But you carry on...

i will...
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2023, 02:49:12 pm »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2023, 02:51:34 pm »
When he gets sacked, a lot of us can expect a "I left because I had to do to provide for my family but my heart never left Liverpool" video/post

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2023, 03:26:50 pm »
When he gets sacked, a lot of us can expect a "I left because I had to do to provide for my family but my heart never left Liverpool" video/post

No idea how ‘good’ or ‘bad’ his team is on the pitch, but if they can chuck enough dosh to tempt him I’d guess there’s enough money there to hold their own in their league.  Even if everything is relative and the competition won’t exactly be skint.  So doubt he’ll be for the chop, especially as he’s high profile in UK/Europe.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2023, 03:50:37 pm »
No idea how ‘good’ or ‘bad’ his team is on the pitch, but if they can chuck enough dosh to tempt him I’d guess there’s enough money there to hold their own in their league.  Even if everything is relative and the competition won’t exactly be skint.  So doubt he’ll be for the chop, especially as he’s high profile in UK/Europe.

Let's hope he's not given "the chop" in the Saudi embassy.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2023, 03:59:02 pm »
Nothing surprises me anymore.

There seem to be so few people who are prepared to stand up for anything. Taking the money, "for my family" has become the acceptable norm. The hard news of the way the regime acts seems a long way from the Sports pages.

The only people I can think of at the moment are Rory McElroy and Jordan Speith who turned the money down, then sadly the whole of professional golf gets bought by Saudi anyway.

I just hope they can take the money and do some good with it rather than just grinning and banking it.

There will be a lot more turning down the money, and very likely more than those that are accepting it. We just don't hear about it, mostly because I imagine the sportsmen don't want the aggro. If you take golf as the example, then pretty much every top 100 golfer that didn't join LIV would have turned them down because you can guarantee that they all will have been approached. Tiger Woods as well turned down a shit ton.

It's the same in football as well. There's no way the Saudi clubs are signing players like Ruben Neves and not trying for many more around his level and better. Son is on record as turning them down, and there's been strong rumours about the likes of Messi, Thiago, Vardy, Lukaku, Modric, Mahrez and Marco Silva too. There will be hundreds that have said no, it's that eventually they get far enough down their list and someone like Brozovic says yes.

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2023, 06:26:33 pm »

And I don't expect to see it, or watch it

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2023, 07:06:25 pm »
It just feels like the floodgates are open now regarding this type of move. No point getting attached to any footballer or manager ever again. There's so much money at stake, they'll all be tempted by the move to Saudi.

There's rarely any real loyalty to local clubs these days, it's all about the highest bidder. Saudi are just taking it to the extreme and players and managers are throwing their moral compasses into the abyss while they're at.

Who knows, maybe this will lead to a generation of supporters who pack it all in and support grassroots clubs, instead of paying subscriptions to Saudi owned television networks, showing Saudi clubs while promoting the barbaric Saudi state, all with a helping hand of our club legends.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2023, 08:39:30 pm »
That's just sad

Just saw the actual video and its not just sad, its fucking sickening.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2023, 09:01:58 pm »
There will be a lot more turning down the money, and very likely more than those that are accepting it. We just don't hear about it, mostly because I imagine the sportsmen don't want the aggro. If you take golf as the example, then pretty much every top 100 golfer that didn't join LIV would have turned them down because you can guarantee that they all will have been approached. Tiger Woods as well turned down a shit ton.

It's the same in football as well. There's no way the Saudi clubs are signing players like Ruben Neves and not trying for many more around his level and better. Son is on record as turning them down, and there's been strong rumours about the likes of Messi, Thiago, Vardy, Lukaku, Modric, Mahrez and Marco Silva too. There will be hundreds that have said no, it's that eventually they get far enough down their list and someone like Brozovic says yes.
This is a really good point btw. Everyone above Brozovic level who hasn’t moved—or at any rate everyone who hasn’t moved and has an agent or club with its nose in the trough—has said no.  That’s something.  It makes the yea-sayers look even worse though to be honest.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2023, 09:56:09 pm »

I don't think he will stay there for 20 or 25 years.

He will eventually get bored like every other footballer or any working professional in the middle east. It is the epitome of fakeness and non-organic growth.  It is sure shiny and polished at first. But somewhere down the line, it will be plastic, fake and deserving of utmost hatred and contempt. Thats when people realise that 5 years of their life they could've done something else worthwhile.

And when that happens he will either kick up a fake bust-up to make it look like a culture clash and bitch out on his own accord. Or come up with a pathetic statement something on the lines of "the only club I will ever imagined managing is Liverpool".

And when either of that happens, and I expect it to happen in the next 5 years, he will come crawling back like a tame kitten and come up with that pathetic excuse that I said he will do.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2023, 10:02:47 pm »
Maybe all part of a grand plan of his to succeed Eddie Howe when Howe gets executed for not delivering the Champions League.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2023, 11:10:52 pm »

USA isn’t a Christian country in that it doesn’t have a national religion. England is a better example. We have shows of organised fealty to royalty. We force players to wear poppies and our press shame those that don’t.

And no, I don’t think this is about religion at all.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2023, 07:34:38 am »
USA isn’t a Christian country in that it doesn’t have a national religion. England is a better example. We have shows of organised fealty to royalty. We force players to wear poppies and our press shame those that don’t.

And no, I don’t think this is about religion at all.

my point was about islamic law creeping into sport

for example, if the saudis gain a major golf tournament but decide that any sponsors will not be able to sell alcohol or that any golfer must not do this or do that as it would be a conflict of their religion - remember the not wearing of rainbow laces or anything that freely demonstrated support of human rights last year

yes, religion IS about money and power - but i was thinking of how the game could change if the money people (the saudis in this debate) call the shots once they have a foothold

didn't we see the 'shots' already being called in the last world cup?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2023, 09:36:16 am »
my point was about islamic law creeping into sport

for example, if the saudis gain a major golf tournament but decide that any sponsors will not be able to sell alcohol or that any golfer must not do this or do that as it would be a conflict of their religion - remember the not wearing of rainbow laces or anything that freely demonstrated support of human rights last year

yes, religion IS about money and power - but i was thinking of how the game could change if the money people (the saudis in this debate) call the shots once they have a foothold

didn't we see the 'shots' already being called in the last world cup?

Apples and Oranges the way I see it mate.
In QATAR, follow QATARI rules. That was the issue last year.
I dont think City or PSG have banned alcohols in their stadiums just because they are owned from the middle east.
Playing devils advocate here.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2023, 09:47:15 am »
Nothing to do with religion. The Saudi's have generally had very little need to engage with the wider world. For decades they've sold billions of dollars of oil per day to the world and it's allowed them to live very comfortably. But they know they have to broaden their economy and participate in a more globalised world as the world's reliance on oil declines over the coming decades. They'll want to line up alongside other big countries to help shape policy and direction. The other thing is they have a very young population and there is a desire from them to see evolution (rather than revolution) as part of the global world they've been raised in.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2023, 10:02:22 am »
Nothing to do with religion. The Saudi's have generally had very little need to engage with the wider world. For decades they've sold billions of dollars of oil per day to the world and it's allowed them to live very comfortably. But they know they have to broaden their economy and participate in a more globalised world as the world's reliance on oil declines over the coming decades. They'll want to line up alongside other big countries to help shape policy and direction. The other thing is they have a very young population and there is a desire from them to see evolution (rather than revolution) as part of the global world they've been raised in.

as said - the last world cup was affected by that country's belief system so i'm asking here whether future promotion or events will be affected by owners' beliefs

most football associations aren't the most trustworthy at the best of times so if money talks then...

but good points have already been raised regarding psg and city and i guess we can add newcastle too (imagine trying to ban alcohol at their place!)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2023, 10:34:40 am »
i'm asking here whether future promotion or events will be affected by owners' beliefs
It’s possible but it would be a matter of trying to use their leverage to impose an islamic culture, rather than directly imposing islamic law. It’s a little bit hard to keep that distinction in mind because the stricter the culture is, the more the culture *is* the law.  The leverage they have is as owners of the stadium, it’s piddling compared to being a sovereign power able to impose an actual law.  They could try I suppose, but they’ve bought into a western gig, they don’t like it but they’ll have to go along with it.

What would be interesting would be if they acquired enough clubs to become a majority or a blocking minority.  Then conceivably they might be able to impose their culture on the whole league.  It would meet massive resistance though - in free western countries it’s a basic principle that the culture generally isn’t the law, it’s so fundamental to us that we react with disgust at the idea of having our freedoms threatened that way, hence your strong reaction here.  But if they did own it and were bloody-minded enough, yes in theory they could do it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2023, 10:44:59 am »
Indeed, the move itself has seen Amnesty UK’s Economic Affairs Director Peter Frankental speak on Gerrard, saying:

“The gathering stampede from players and coaches to join Saudi Arabian football clubs on lucrative contracts is more evidence that Saudi sportswashing has gone into overdrive.

“Across multiple sports and multiple formats, the Saudi state is deploying huge sums to sportswash its heavily tarnished image and deflect attention from an appalling human rights record.

“Under Mohammed bin Salman, there’s been a frightening human rights crackdown, with peaceful activists jailed, a staggering 196 people executed last year alone, and there’s still been no justice after the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

“The Saudi strategy on football appears to be to keep ratcheting up the big-name deals to create the momentum for a bid to host the World Cup in 2030.

“Fifa must apply stringent human rights risk assessments to any Saudi bid for 2030, but we also need to see FIFA, star signings and high-profile managers like Steven Gerrard speaking out about Saudi Arabia’s atrocious human rights record.”

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2023, 10:48:42 am »
So we've got discussion about Steven Gerrard and Saudi Arabia in the following threads:

> Saudi Arabia's raid of European clubs - General Football & Sport
> Re: Steven Gerrard - Former LFC Players
> Re: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia - News & Current Affairs

I'd suggest merging into the 'former players' one, given the opening post.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2023, 10:55:52 am »
It’s possible but it would be a matter of trying to use their leverage to impose an islamic culture, rather than directly imposing islamic law. It’s a little bit hard to keep that distinction in mind because the stricter the culture is, the more the culture *is* the law.  The leverage they have is as owners of the stadium, it’s piddling compared to being a sovereign power able to impose an actual law.  They could try I suppose, but they’ve bought into a western gig, they don’t like it but they’ll have to go along with it.

What would be interesting would be if they acquired enough clubs to become a majority or a blocking minority.  Then conceivably they might be able to impose their culture on the whole league.  It would meet massive resistance though - in free western countries it’s a basic principle that the culture generally isn’t the law, it’s so fundamental to us that we react with disgust at the idea of having our freedoms threatened that way, hence your strong reaction here.  But if they did own it and were bloody-minded enough, yes in theory they could do it.

cheers iska - good points there

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2023, 09:49:07 am »
Big opportunity for Gerrard's wife (or indeed Stevie 'G') to say something and perhaps do a bit of good.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2023/jul/18/i-am-a-prisoner-women-fight-middle-eastern-laws-that-keep-them-trapped-at-home
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2023, 09:57:59 am »
Big opportunity for Gerrard's wife (or indeed Stevie 'G') to say something and perhaps do a bit of good.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2023/jul/18/i-am-a-prisoner-women-fight-middle-eastern-laws-that-keep-them-trapped-at-home

She's more likely to release a Forever Unique Burka then stand-up for anyone's rights.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2023, 09:58:37 am »

I read that as 'middle aged' laws.  :)

Their laws are from thousands of years ago, so it could've been that too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 10:05:30 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2023, 10:04:11 am »
She's more likely to release a Forever Unique Burka then stand-up for anyone's rights.

Cue shots of her in a Vuitton headscarf.

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2023, 02:49:23 pm »
What saddens me most is the apathy of a lot of our fans. The idea of what it means to be a Liverpool fan seems to be fading for many. When Klopp was appointed we spoke of how he "got us". We like to think of ourselves as different, promoting social justice through food banks and working to make our world a fairer place for all. But many of our own fans just dont care, and don't want to have to face up to the reality of the real effects of sportwashing. I never expected much of the players, it is some of our own fans who have left me deflated.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2023, 03:04:47 pm »
What saddens me most is the apathy of a lot of our fans. The idea of what it means to be a Liverpool fan seems to be fading for many. When Klopp was appointed we spoke of how he "got us". We like to think of ourselves as different, promoting social justice through food banks and working to make our world a fairer place for all. But many of our own fans just dont care, and don't want to have to face up to the reality of the real effects of sportwashing. I never expected much of the players, it is some of our own fans who have left me deflated.

What are we supposed to do, exactly? I don't 'hate' Gerrard or Hendo for going there, though Hendo is more puzzling for me and leaves a sour taste, feels like he's leaving because he's throwing a tantrum about game-time, whereas Milly knew his role and was professional always.

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2023, 03:20:05 pm »
I think we could explain to the those not clued in that a multi millionaire who chooses to go to Saudi for some more cash and is willing to ignore the beheading of a person who is gay is not a person worthy of the respect of Liverpool fans. Regardless of how good they were at football.

Of course I do not expect this to work with all our fans.

They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2023, 05:33:50 pm »
What are we supposed to do, exactly? I don't 'hate' Gerrard or Hendo for going there, though Hendo is more puzzling for me and leaves a sour taste, feels like he's leaving because he's throwing a tantrum about game-time, whereas Milly knew his role and was professional always.

This is how I feel about it all. It does leave a sour taste and I have lost respect for them but I don't hate them and can't imagine 10/20/30 years down the line it'll help inform my memory/opinion of them. I'll just remember the football and know that they were a miniscule part of a project which will probably long have ended by then.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2023, 01:29:55 am »
Heroes to Zeros.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2023, 09:16:13 am »
With a few of our players/ex players going over to Saudi, is this the start of a push by Saudi to get Saudi money into our club?

Butter the fans up by using legends of the club to soften the view of them.

There will always be those against, but if it comes to a time when we are no longer competitive - could we become like Newcastle and start separating the art from the artist?

Getting Newcastle on board is a means to an end, getting LFC on board would be game-changing for the Saudi brand.

I'm probably thinking too much into it, but all of it doesn't sit right.

They've been raiding every successful European club though. It's not one team they're after, it's the whole sport.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2023, 03:44:17 pm »

I find the apathy of the fans troubling for different reasons, many on here are hypocritical IMO

if it's morally wrong for players to be taking the blood money as they don't need it and they should turn it down, then it's morally wrong for LFC to take the blood money, as we can also operate fine without it and don't need it.

Very little blame being attached to LFC from the same fans that I can see,  I would suggest it's partly as they would prefer we bank the blood money(for hendo and fab) for all it's worth , so we can better attack next season i.e. pure pragmatism as we are very motivated by our own aims, many probably a bit uneasy about where the money comes from, but we are more driven by a "need" for a potential 20th title or 7th CL.  All whilst slamming rich for selling out for even more money.

The timeline was interesting, slamming gerrard, bobby and fowler for being greedy and soulless and not displaying our values and a few hours later being angry when we can only get 12m for hendo from the same saudi executioners

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2023, 03:46:58 pm »

if it's morally wrong for players to be taking the blood money as they don't need it and they should turn it down, then it's morally wrong for LFC to take the blood money, as we can also operate fine without it and don't need it.

Fundamentally disagree. It's the difference between an active engagement with evil and a passive one. And that difference is crucial.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2023, 04:50:05 pm »
Stevie M. E

That monikor was so true in every sense, as a man and if we are honest a player as well. If there ever was a player bigger thsn the club it was him.

Ps you can get rid of that auto correct on it now

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2023, 08:48:36 pm »
90% plus people moaning, would do the same as Gerrard in the highly unlikely circumstances that they were ever offered the riches on offer. No one will own up to it, because we're all holier than thou.
Judge the man in a decade. My guess is a lot of good will be done with that dirty money.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2023, 08:55:14 pm »
90% plus people moaning, would do the same as Gerrard in the highly unlikely circumstances that they were ever offered the riches on offer. No one will own up to it, because we're all holier than thou.
Judge the man in a decade. My guess is a lot of good will be done with that dirty money.

As I said in another thread: what good is that money to the likes of me, when the country offering it would have me killed? I know our moral stance makes certain people uncomfortable. But it's real and genuine (for many of us).

Personally, I'm not so bothered about Steven Gerrard. He, unlike certain others, never claimed to be an ally.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2023, 09:36:47 pm »

People still using this as an argument to justify a millionaire many times over becoming a sportswasher, is as hysterical as it is mad!

As for your second point, what on earth makes you think a lot of ‘good will be done with that dirty money’, what even does this mean. He’s going to like give it all away or something? Right.