Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 667264 times)

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We dont need to see how he does. We have Origi who is younger, better, and not coming off an ACL.

Why waste the first 6 months of next season seeing if Ings will get up to speed to be anything like his former self, and then probably selling next summer anyway because he probably wont and probably wasnt any better than a 3rd choice striker for a club with our ambitions anyway.

I just dont see the need.

Origi as flown past Ings this season and pushed him even further down the pecking order. Firmino too looks more effective as a forward than a 10.

Then there's Sturridge who hopefully wont miss as much football as well as possibly (hopefully) another striker to come in case Sturridge can't stay fit again.

Where does Ings figure exactly?
I think if we re-qualify for Europe next season then there is a place and lots of game time for Ings.

However, you are right, assuming we get rid of Benteke/Balotelli and bring in one very good striker (like Dembele perhaps), we will have Origi, Sturridge, Firmino (who can play there), one very good striker and Ings.

I'm happy for Ings to be about the place as he comes across well especially if we have lots of midweek games but if we don't I don't see him getting loads of game time. That said, unless he gets re-injured, he is young enough to always have a value and he could be a great sub option off the bench at times. When he came on last year he injected energy and the crowd responded to him, if he could carry out that role 30 times a year then sound.

Online The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
I personally think Ings will be great next season... but regardless the player himself seems to have supreme confidence in his own abilities. So after completing a dream transfer and then battling back to fitness after a year blighted by injury, it's suggested to him that he might want to go to crystal palace or some other two bit outfit... do people actually think for a second he's just going to happily pack his little Ings toothbrush into his  little "easyjet size compliant" Ings suitcase and sprint off all enthusiastic like to book a National Express ticket straight to croydon?

Ings has a contract. He's going to tell whoever suggested it to go fuck themselves. The guy obviously believes he can make it here and so do I. He's got a bit of that dirk kuyt grit about him, and the same "right place right time" vibe, but has the benefit of being a bit more mobile and skillful that Dirk.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
I have to hand it to this kid. Seeing his latest interviews, and his overall demeanour, he really is fighting hard to reach that higher level. All credit to him. But, he has a long way to go, and to be fair, he knows it. Needs to keep scoring and keep his chin up at all times.

Areas where he needs to improve is finishing, making better runs/movements. He has a master in the art to learn from, in Sturridge when it comes to making sneaky runs. If he can improve his finishing, keep his fitness, improve his runs and still maintain the all action, physical game he has shown in short glimpses, then he can be special.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
You can understand why Sinclair doesn't want to sign a new contract, especially with how well Origi is doing, he would be well down the pecking order and now has Ojo coming through.

We have had a bad run of injuries with our strikers this season, so need some cover
OR Sinclair could look at Origi and say to himself, if I take my chance I'll play. I was just thinking about him this morning (Sinclair) and what a waste the whole situation is, the lad obviously has talent but is poorly advised. Who better than Klopp to develop him?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Origi, Ings, Firmino and Sturridge will all be needed next season. Add the rapidly developing youngsters like Ojo and sign Dembele, Gotze and Xhaka and the team will be ready for a challenge  for the Premiership and the CL qualification (which wont be needed if we win the Europa League obviously) next season.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I personally think Ings will be great next season... but regardless the player himself seems to have supreme confidence in his own abilities. So after completing a dream transfer and then battling back to fitness after a year blighted by injury, it's suggested to him that he might want to go to crystal palace or some other two bit outfit... do people actually think for a second he's just going to happily pack his little Ings toothbrush into his  little "easyjet size compliant" Ings suitcase and sprint off all enthusiastic like to book a National Express ticket straight to croydon?

Ings has a contract. He's going to tell whoever suggested it to go fuck themselves. The guy obviously believes he can make it here and so do I. He's got a bit of that dirk kuyt grit about him, and the same "right place right time" vibe, but has the benefit of being a bit more mobile and skillful that Dirk.
Agree with everything you say. I was excited when we signed him and people forget how good he was before he got injured.

Anyway, Origi...

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
Origi, Ings, Firmino and Sturridge will all be needed next season. Add the rapidly developing youngsters like Ojo and sign Dembele, Gotze and Xhaka and the team will be ready for a challenge  for the Premiership and the CL qualification (which wont be needed if we win the Europa League obviously) next season.

If we sign those three we will be Prem league champs 1 year from today.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
He has the lot. There will be barren spells and there will be mistakes.
We need to give him time. Only 20 years old and alot to learn, but his attitude appears to be spot on.

I also really like the lads modesty. My nine year old son is already a big fan.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One thing that really struck me about Origi was that he was a very eloquent and clearly intelligent guy already at a young age. And remember, this isn't even his first language. But clearly, he had a top class education and carried himself with a decency and modesty, which was refreshing to see. And I'm sure his natural intelligence only helps him get better as he seems to be absorbing tactical instructions quite quickly.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Origi vs Hummels highlights:

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I can't stop comparing him to Henry.
I know, I know...just can't stop, it's stronger them me.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
What a player... he dominated Hummels at times--- absolutely magnificent

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely brilliant, he reminds me of Drogba minus the shitty antics.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
4 in 3, 2 of which were against one of the best sides in the world

Delighted to see him doing so well and it was infuriating seeing him written off straight away when we signed him. You would be hard pushed to find a more humble player at his age doing what he's doing. The strength all game against a player of Hummels ability was so impressive

He has all the tools to become one of the best around. The funniest thing is other teams fans are still writing him off and thinking he's nothing special. I was so excited when we got him as you could see the raw ability he possesses

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
Outstanding tonight.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

£11M is daylight robbery for this kid, he's worth that much for his hold up play alone 

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've got a hell of a player here. Just imagine how good he's gonna be when he reaches his prime, that's still 6 or 7 years away!
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
He still doesn't have that aura of deadliness elite strikers have, but I think it will come. His all round game is sensational already. He does everything a coach would want of a forward. Presses, runs the channels, holds up the ball well, dominates centre halves in the air, dribbles to create space. His strength and relatively good close control makes him a really tough customer to handle just outside the area, and he's found it easy to cut in from the left flank and take a shot on goal. Again, when he improves his shooting by 10%, it's another area he's going to be very scary from.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4GHN1Mu6VG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4GHN1Mu6VG0</a>

Can't stop Divock
Stop. Divock. You can't stop Divock.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
This kid is something else. Big game player at 20. Starting to look like he did at the World Cup.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Looking like a complete striker these days, great hold up play, great pace, good in the air and excellent finishing. He's really developed since Klopp arrived and is starting to look like he can push anyone in the team for that starting berth.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
A pure physical monster of a striker yet still has wonderful feet and dribbling ability. Need to play both him and Sturridge together as they just seem to have a very good understanding.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Ripped the shit out of Hummels.

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
What are we feeding him?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
raw diamond.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
Fast becoming my favourite.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
beast

the new anelka

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
I've said it once, I'll say it again:
Divock has got a massive cock,
Divock! Divock!
He tucks it in his football sock,
Divock! Divock!
He shagged a woman, now she's dead, he swings his cock around his head
Di-vock Ori-gi Liverpool's twenty seven!

Beast of a player.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
AUBEME-WHOOOOOO?!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
_ _ _ _ _ _

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
Mad player. Once the finishing comes with practice and a little experience he's going to rip this league to shreds.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Has absolutely everything in the locker. And ridiculous amounts of maturity for his age. Give him the No. 9 shirt next season, he'll make it proud.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
He gives me that feeling that Torres used to give, the way he runs at defenders reminds me so much of Torres. you can see defenders are shitting themselves when he turns at them.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
Fuck, when did he get this strong? Putting on 5kgs of muscle is one thing, but learning how to flaunt it so effectively in such short time like how Drogba used to do against one of Europe's premier centrebacks in Hummels is another thing altogether. His pace, link-up play, first touch and ball hold up are all at a really advanced level. Once he adds a finisher's ruthlessness to his game, he could frankly be unstoppable.

And if he keeps up this level of rapid progress, he will start next season as our first choice CF. And to think he was firmly our 4th choice at the start of the season.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:50:31 pm by IndianRed »

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not all the transfers were bad then?

This lad looks like he could be the next big thing, early I know but the all the signs are there.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
The lad was superb once again tonight.

Edit -  voted in the top eleven worst players of the French league last year...  What a load of shite.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
What a player we have here. Can't believe how good he's become in such short time. His confidence is growing each time he puts on the shirt.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Can we play him with Sturridge... you know... at the same time.. from the start.. please Jurgen?!!!

Every time they've been on the pitch together they've absolutely wrecked teams with their movement

Online Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Pleasure to watch this kid. Long may this form continue

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Better than Martial, I maintain.