Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1045825 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
The pool of blood on the floor may have taken some explaining.
No danger there. Just pop down and grab a fresh corpse. He'd about 100,000 to choose from.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Spoiler
Thought they did almost as good a job as could have been done there.
[close]
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
The pool of blood on the floor may have taken some explaining.

She fell..

Have you not seen ‘The Staircase’ ;D
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This could go 2 ways now, either RR gets pissed at the backlash and finishes the books or he thinks fuck it and washes his hands of it all.

No way they will release more than 1 spinoff and the way people are complaining it may not even make it to air even though it’s curr been filmed. Not out till next year so maybe people will have calmed down then and give it a go.

I think that’s the main thing. This has give us some of the best tv ever witnessed. Red wedding battle of the bastards, slavers bay, gold road

People subconsciously I think are gutted it’s finished along with them not getting what theie minds were readying themselves for. Much like lost

We’re forgetting here we’ve had 8 years brilliant tv

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
These people in the Thronecast audience pretending that they don't know the ending   ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/ShahDanish_/status/1130326068932431872

He has good reason to be salty,he gave two chancers a go after turning loads down before them all because they lied to him & then to top it off they fucked it up at the end,I know we got some great tv in these last two seasons but they still fucked it up.

I would be pissed off if I were him & I'd be looking at the fine print if I were a Disney CEO.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
These people in the Thronecast audience pretending that they don't know the ending   ;D

Weird it being on at 2am

USA tandem thing I’m guessing

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant ending to a brilliant series. Top class TV
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Pricks. I wonder how much was down to those two or if most of the cast/crew wanted to move on too though.
Mustve been hard with scheduling with most of the actors going on to do other stuff what with it becoming the hit it has. Think martins got ahead of himself there to be honest

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Not a terrible ending by any means, but a bit of a waste when you think about it.

Imagine the first three episodes of this season were the final three of season 7. Then imagine the final three episodes of this season were fleshed out across a final season. The build-up to Dany's genocide, the continuation of her frightening power, Jon's sacrifice and then a whole episode of resolution in true GoT style.

Just rushed. Some damn good moments but rushed.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That image of Drogon rising behind Daenerys was amazing as was the rally scene.

To be honest, having digested it a bit more, that episode was pretty cool on a number of fronts. The direwolf and the dragon are still alive and well, Ghost's re-appearance was actually the most touching part of the episode for me. Daenerys' story this season has been amazing to be fair, yeah it's been rushed and it isn't without fault, but it's been great to watch.

The big one for me though, Bran. He had us all fooled. No-one saw it coming (except the pricks who posted the spoilers.) The wee fucker had it all planned out and let everyone else get killed along the way and we have all been feeling sorry for him from the very first episode 10 years ago. Thing is as well, I think the clues have all been there all along. Was it Tyrion that first told him he would never be the lord of Winterfell? We even still thought he was the good guy when he gave Arya the Catspaw Dagger. He needed Arya to do that to fulfill his plan. I think he siblings were in on it, hence we never got to see their reaction to the news of Jon's parentage.

It's taken me all day to work out how good the ending actually is, or how I choose to perceive it, anyway.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

To be honest, having digested it a bit more, that episode was pretty cool on a number of fronts. The direwolf and the dragon are still alive and well, Ghost's re-appearance was actually the most touching part of the episode for me. Daenerys' story this season has been amazing to be fair, yeah it's been rushed and it isn't without fault, but it's been great to watch.

The big one for me though, Bran. He had us all fooled. No-one saw it coming (except the pricks who posted the spoilers.) The wee fucker had it all planned out and let everyone else get killed along the way and we have all been feeling sorry for him from the very first episode 10 years ago. Thing is as well, I think the clues have all been there all along. Was it Tyrion that first told him he would never be the lord of Winterfell? We even still thought he was the good guy when he gave Arya the Catspaw Dagger. He needed Arya to do that to fulfill his plan. I think he siblings were in on it, hence we never got to see their reaction to the news of Jon's parentage.

It's taken me all day to work out how good the ending actually is, or how I choose to perceive it, anyway.

One of the best shots of the series.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Bronn season 3: doesn't know how debt works

Bronn season 8: master of coin

You think that's bad. How long was George Gideon Oliver Osborne, son of Sir Peter Osborne, 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon and Felicity Alexandra Loxton-Peacock, educated at St. Paul's and Magdalen College, Oxford Chancellor of the Exchequer?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:49:51 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I didn’t really have any preconceptions about how it would finish and I enjoyed that more than I thought I might. No perfect way to end things and no way to keep everyone happy. Pretty good. I’ll leave the rest of you to argue about it some more. :D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I didn’t really have any preconceptions about how it would finish and I enjoyed that more than I thought I might. No perfect way to end things and no way to keep everyone happy. Pretty good. I’ll leave the rest of you to argue about it some more. :D

But...but... Cersei and Jaime weren't buried beneath enough bricks!  :'(

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh aye, was no-one else pissed off with Brienne. That ink was wet, don't turn the page yet.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
They were meant to reshoot that scene but didnt have time as the dragon is known for photobombing

Spoiler

[close]

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But...but... Cersei and Jaime weren't buried beneath enough bricks!  :'(

I must say that bitch got off lightly.

I wanted her tortured by Drogon somehow

Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
Oh aye, was no-one else pissed off with Brienne. That ink was wet, don't turn the page yet.

I'm sure her mediaeval desk set came complete with some sand for drying ink.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah & she didn't even blot it or use sand like Tywin.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else think Bronn deserved a good killing

Bit gutted he survived. He went from affable sellsword with a good heart to greedy callous twat.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I must say that bitch got off lightly.

I wanted her tortured by Drogon somehow

As did I. But if you think about it, it was a fitting end for her. Her entire world literally collapsed on her.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Brienne filling in Jamie's deeds into the Kings Guard book was a great scene.

The rest of the episode was rushed shite.

And thats that all she wrote, if she bothered to finish writing.
:D

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
I thought that was absolutely shit and had a few genuinely cringe worthy moments. I wanted it to end witb about 20 minutes left.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As did I. But if you think about it, it was a fitting end for her. Her entire world literally collapsed on her.

Very true

The penultimate episode with her in full delusion mode while Drogon went full meltdown was a joy

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I was more pissed off with Varys last week when he set fire to the scroll then put it in a pot then put the lid on it :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Really was a great episode and a great ending.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
I thought that was absolutely shit and had a few genuinely cringe worthy moments. I wanted it to end witb about 20 minutes left.

Echo that, I've never cringed at Game of Thrones before but some of the delivery was absolutely torrid or overly on the nose.

It feels like the last two seasons could have been split into 5.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Brienne filling in Jamie's deeds into the Kings Guard book was a great scene.

The rest of the episode was rushed shite.

And thats that all she wrote, if she bothered to finish writing.

Was waiting for a:

PS - he was a fantastic lover

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Spoiler
Thought they did almost as good a job as could have been done there.
[close]
Totally agree..

They nailed that episode (and the one before).

And what a last line for Tyrion.  After three series of despair, he went out on a high.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
well at least the crybabies won't have anything new to moan about now.

though bran's still a c*nt and the night's watch are pointless now. jon's "punishment" was basically to go and get pissed all day every day with tormund.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess they did everything they could in 90 minutes
 It's been catastrophically rushed though. The last 3 EPs particularly.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Was waiting for a big flashback scene after Brann says 'Why do you think I'm here?', showing how he manipulated all the major events to get to this moment and rule over the 6 kingdoms.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
I guess they did everything they could in 90 minutes
 It's been catastrophically rushed though. The last 3 EPs particularly.

I mean they could have had more seasons really, so I guess not ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
With regards to the Nightswatch,the Others have been beaten before,they then built the wall,so it stands to reason that they would keep it manned even though Arya made the NK and his gang go all explodey.

No ?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Awful again. Think I'll stop watching this now.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Totally agree..

They nailed that episode (and the one before).

Erm...

When I say almost as good as it could have been, it’s taking into account the shit festival that they built for themselves in the first place.

But yeah - apart from the inexplicable “prisoner chooses method to pick king” and Uncle Whassisname professing his credentials for the throne, it was better than it might have been.

John finishes the Last Hero arc going north of the wall with his pals, Dani gets Nissa Nissa’d, Drogon melts the throne... some good bits. Ghost suddenly a good doggy again...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thronecast have outdone the show

Pissed up Al Murray and a rapper acting like a shy 5 year old when spoken to

Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
I thought the ending, matching the opening scene in the first episode of the patrol leaving the gate in the wall, was effective.

So Jon is now the King Beyond the Wall?