Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1761520 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #14960 on: April 13, 2024, 11:19:15 pm »
Depends on how it affects you I suppose,  but is was more the "from the start" part.  I know I would find it difficult to be at 100% straight after remembering the 97, but I was directly involved in the disaster so I might be different.
ah got it, thanks.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #14961 on: April 14, 2024, 07:00:06 am »
Love and honest sympathy to Andy and Millie and all those who were at Hillsborough or were impacted by loss of loved ones - That trauma is still a terrible burden for you to carry after all these years. I hope the weekend isn’t too hard on you. Probably the wrong thread but your posts got me this morning.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14962 on: April 14, 2024, 02:48:17 pm »
Crowd has turned really really nasty here, I get it because we aren't playing well at all but there's a lot of anger here today

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #14963 on: April 14, 2024, 04:29:26 pm »
Crowd has turned really really nasty here, I get it because we aren't playing well at all but there's a lot of anger here today

Too many people who want to whinge.and abuse the players rather than support. Heard several.players called c*nts, twats, pricks, dickheads, etc from the same people who were talking about how excited they were for their half time pints and gave up as soon as Palace scored. It was feral for sure but towards our own players but hey at least there were flags out to sing some songs and score some goals

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14964 on: April 14, 2024, 04:30:22 pm »
Too many people who want to whinge.and abuse the players rather than support. Heard several.players called c*nts, twats, pricks, dickheads, etc from the same people who were talking about how excited they were for their half time pints and gave up as soon as Palace scored. It was feral for sure but towards our own players but hey at least there were flags out to sing some songs and score some goals

So dispiriting. That's why I would prefer Klopp to go now, he doesn't deserve this shit.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14965 on: April 14, 2024, 04:36:20 pm »

Even when we play well there's SO many people who shout most of the time to call out players shit. I expected it in the main stand, I have been going there for 25 years I know a lot of them are bad dickheads.

But today I heard it everywhere, and loud.

Our fans hate our players more than anyone else, and they don't support the team.

They are entitled

They are angry

The fans are honestly just not good at all. And I fear our new manager will get about 2 weeks grace before the noise starts again

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14966 on: April 14, 2024, 04:43:13 pm »
Even when we play well there's SO many people who shout most of the time to call out players shit. I expected it in the main stand, I have been going there for 25 years I know a lot of them are bad dickheads.

Our fans hate our players more than anyone else, and they don't support the team.

They are entitled

They are angry

The fans are honestly just not good at all. And I fear our new manager will get about 2 weeks grace before the noise starts again

Let's be honest, there's a lot of people at Anfield who need to hand their season tickets back in. They're too old, stale and angry with it all and go out of pure habbit. The average age of a Liverpool season ticket holder must be very high. Get the younger generations in, but ultimately the club aren't really interested in that either.

I say that as someone who has no desire to spend what money I have on Premier League football, so I don't.

Anfield has had a good 8 years, going back to at least Dortmund in 2016. But the Anfield Klopp inherited was toxic (it was a defeat against Palace just after he joined that made Klopp realised just how bad thing have got). I wouldn't say it's gone full circle but the crowd knew we had to win today and unlike Luton there just wasn't the belief or the energy left to do it. It was ready to boil over in the Sheffield United game as well, but you can't rely on a wonder goal to win every week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14967 on: April 14, 2024, 04:48:49 pm »
Let's be honest, there's a lot of people at Anfield who need to hand their season tickets back in. They're too old, stale and angry with it all and go out of pure habbit. The average age of a Liverpool season ticket holder must be very high. Get the younger generations in, but ultimately the club aren't really interested in that either.

I say that as someone who has no desire to spend what money I have on Premier League football, so I don't.

Anfield has had a good 8 years, going back to at least Dortmund in 2016. But the Anfield Klopp inherited was toxic (it was a defeat against Palace just after he joined that made Klopp realised just how bad thing have got). I wouldn't say it's gone full circle but the crowd knew we had to win today and unlike Luton there just wasn't the belief or the energy left to do it. It was ready to boil over in the Sheffield United game as well, but you can't rely on a wonder goal to win every week.

It's going to be toxic for a long time I fear. Unless we win literally every game I think people are going to have both a sense of entitlement to win, but also a complete lack of belief that we can

Today was the worst it has been in over a decade, with that time being the worst I have ever seen for us.

It's actually horrible. I actually think we may be better away getting away from it. Less fucking snipes. We make fun of fans singing "Shit Andy Carroll" and Nunez, I hear real fucking hatred and disgust from people around me at him. Can see it in here too I might add it isn't just the ground our fans are getting shit everywhere

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #14968 on: April 14, 2024, 04:49:36 pm »

This would be fine if it was just old season ticket holders doing it but its not. Old, young and everywhere in between were doing it today. Just complete abuse from start to finish from the vast majority of people, season tickets holders or not.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14969 on: April 14, 2024, 04:53:39 pm »
This would be fine if it was just old season ticket holders doing it but its not. Old, young and everywhere in between were doing it today. Just complete abuse from start to finish from the vast majority of people, season tickets holders or not.

I wasn't there but it seemed like the Chelsea game in 13/14 where there was a feeling we just weren't going to score and frustration turns to anger after giving a stupid goal up. Some of the anger would have been after the Thursday night performance as well and expecting a reaction from the players that wasn't there. I expected a reaction from the crowd as well though today and there evidently wasn't one.

If we get the equaliser we should have with the chances then that's the crowd lift and we go on to win the game from there. The spark needed to come either in the form of a goal or non-stop pressure which never came.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #14970 on: April 14, 2024, 04:53:45 pm »
The crowd sounded like they weren`t there on TV.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14971 on: April 14, 2024, 05:06:32 pm »
There was only one bloke by us that was being a bit of a knobhead, kept having a go at Virgil as well.
Loads of understandable moans & groans though because we were a shambles of a football team.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14972 on: April 14, 2024, 05:13:00 pm »
I think Klopp has papered over the cracks. Now he has run out of energy the unity that he did so well to create has gone. He turned us from doubters into believers. Without Klopp's energy, we seem to be drifting back to doubters. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14973 on: April 14, 2024, 05:23:35 pm »
Kop was shit again today. It felt like most had given up.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14974 on: April 14, 2024, 07:24:09 pm »

I sit in the main stand and didn't hear any knobhaeads calling out the players ! A few moans here and ther but that reflected the frustration of the game .

Also thought the crowd was decent trying to push the team on.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14975 on: April 14, 2024, 07:27:40 pm »
Threw this is the match thread, probably sits better in here.............

The turning of mosaic paper tiles into paper planes and playing some puerile game of seeing how far it can fly, or rolling it in a ball and launching it away like some used chip paper, is, was and - will forever be a stain on our lost family and friends of this club.

All I could do was to launch a proper snot rag tissue into the back of the head of some little wanker, who sadly didn’t even notice he’d been hit, tragically this was my only gesture of disgust I could muster. He was 5-6 rows in front of me.

If you go and its next season and you are near these little gobshites, please remind them - that they’re sullying the efforts of everyone who wants to remember our fallen family.

Fucking gobshites the lot of them.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14976 on: April 14, 2024, 07:29:31 pm »
Fuck sake, disrespectful c*nts.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14977 on: April 14, 2024, 08:48:44 pm »
There was only one bloke by us that was being a bit of a knobhead,
This bloke is not a typical Kenny Stand fan, he gives it everything every week. A proper vociferous supporter, bellows out every song in tune with the Kop. Lovely fella, same seat for 20 years.
Today he's agitated by the Ref and by the Reds and I can't emphasis enough how nice he is.

Just made myself laugh though about what I said to my lad at half time.

I'm with him all the way on "we love you Liverpool"......
Then a misplaced pass turns in to a "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" - then he gets singing again.
We Love you Liverpool ....
He's more angered than I've ever known. It's one of those when people in front turn round to have a look and I'm like it's not fucking me :)
He's oscillating between the songs and the screams he can't keep up with himself.

I said to my lad at half time, I was certain at one point he was gonna sing "we love you Liverpool, you c*nts, we love you Liverpool, you c*nts".

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14978 on: April 14, 2024, 09:10:49 pm »
:lmao

Yep, frustration plays havoc with your shouting/singing/talking. It’s Turrets FC, at times.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14979 on: April 14, 2024, 09:17:05 pm »
Love and honest sympathy to Andy and Millie and all those who were at Hillsborough or were impacted by loss of loved ones - That trauma is still a terrible burden for you to carry after all these years. I hope the weekend isn’t too hard on you. Probably the wrong thread but your posts got me this morning.

Cheers mate.

And as for the crowd today I really don’t know where to start.  The away FA Cup atmospheres at Arsenal and Utd were immense with 7600/9200 in attendance. The Club really needs to get all these fans together on The Kop and fuck the day trippers, whoppers and can’t be arsed fans off.

Maybe those of us who are old enough to know how it should be, should accept that those days are gone.  and Anfield will never be the same again.

“They say our days are numbered…..”
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:17:24 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #14980 on: April 14, 2024, 10:04:54 pm »
In the upper Annie today, me and my son sang as hard as we could but not many around us did.

I'd say the atmosphere was quite flat and poor today.

You would not have guessed we were in a title race or that Klopp's games left were numbered.

Not great to be honest. Not sure where the Kop were at...........?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14981 on: April 14, 2024, 10:16:09 pm »

They are entitled

They are angry

Not making excuses but it's modern football now. It's got worse with social media etc and all the banter that comes with it. Arsenal and Man Utd fanbases are worse than ours for it.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #14982 on: April 14, 2024, 10:26:35 pm »
Today’s broken me to be honest. It was the first time I’ve truly felt there’s no hope in terms of getting the ‘old’ Anfield back.

Those of us that care are now (vastly) outnumbered by those who simply don’t give a shit what happens in the game, they’re just there to say they’ve been. For what purpose, I don’t know when they just stand there like statues in silence. Don’t know what they get out of it.

Was in AL3 and our group plus a couple of early 20s scouse lads trying to rouse people into getting behind the team and it was just absolutely pointless. Hundreds in the vicinity just not interested. The absolute lack of noise anywhere suggested a similar scenario in the whole ground - just small pockets of fans trying and failing to get songs going.

As we left I asked the lads to carry on trying for the rest of the games this season, hopefully they will and not get put off. Way I feel right now, I might sack off the majority of the home league fixtures next season, just do European homes and the odd league away dependent on mates sorting me.

The lack of any sort of support from massive sections of the crowd today, in a title race let’s not forget, is hugely concerning for what’s around the corner in a post-Jurgen Anfield

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14983 on: April 14, 2024, 10:53:29 pm »
Today’s broken me to be honest. It was the first time I’ve truly felt there’s no hope in terms of getting the ‘old’ Anfield back.

Those of us that care are now (vastly) outnumbered by those who simply don’t give a shit what happens in the game, they’re just there to say they’ve been. For what purpose, I don’t know when they just stand there like statues in silence. Don’t know what they get out of it.

Was in AL3 and our group plus a couple of early 20s scouse lads trying to rouse people into getting behind the team and it was just absolutely pointless. Hundreds in the vicinity just not interested. The absolute lack of noise anywhere suggested a similar scenario in the whole ground - just small pockets of fans trying and failing to get songs going.

As we left I asked the lads to carry on trying for the rest of the games this season, hopefully they will and not get put off. Way I feel right now, I might sack off the majority of the home league fixtures next season, just do European homes and the odd league away dependent on mates sorting me.

The lack of any sort of support from massive sections of the crowd today, in a title race let’s not forget, is hugely concerning for what’s around the corner in a post-Jurgen Anfield

100%

Grim times at anfield. The social media culture has taken full effect!

The passion of a few has been taken away by the silence of many. It’s not just anfield though, it’s the sport in general being taken over by the corporates

The difficulty of even getting a ticket makes it less enjoyable too.

Not anfield, but my mind is blown when I think that the league cup final was only a couple of months ago. The atmosphere was fantastic even when we looked like we could be down and out. Those are the days that’ll keep my attention in football but those special moments with our fans are getting fewer and far between
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:04:22 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14984 on: April 14, 2024, 11:57:12 pm »

Had two of the ‘younger generations’ in today behind us. More interested in giggling at the isolated shouts of those trying to get the team going and impersonating accents. All that while checking their betting apps and chatting all game.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14985 on: April 15, 2024, 12:06:30 am »
Had two of the ‘younger generations’ in today behind us. More interested in giggling at the isolated shouts of those trying to get the team going and impersonating accents. All that while checking their betting apps and chatting all game.

Well without being funny but there are proper match goers on here who are 100% behind the team but are posting during the game, while at the match, so I don’t think we can slate or use fans on their phones as a barometer of how good they are going by what the norm seems to be here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 12:08:03 am by Andy82lfc »

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14986 on: April 15, 2024, 12:11:44 am »
Well without being funny but there are proper match goers on here who are 100% behind the team but are posting during the game, while at the match, so I don’t think we can slate or use fans on their phones as a barometer of how good they are going by what the norm seems to be here.
What you on about?

They were literally checking their betting apps and chatting about their fantasy football. Giggling at people trying to support the team and sat there impersonating the Scouse accent after isolated shouts of support. What’s that got to do with posting on here during the game?

They’re part of the reason why the atmosphere is so bad.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 12:17:42 am by D🐶G »
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14987 on: April 15, 2024, 12:13:49 am »

They are entitled

They are angry

Dude, you've posted some variation on this across multiple threads and you need to stop and calm down. People are angry about the performance and upset the title challenge looks to have ended. Our fans don't hate the players. We do support the team. Just chill.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14988 on: April 16, 2024, 12:20:21 am »
What you on about?

They were literally checking their betting apps and chatting about their fantasy football. Giggling at people trying to support the team and sat there impersonating the Scouse accent after isolated shouts of support. What’s that got to do with posting on here during the game?

They’re part of the reason why the atmosphere is so bad.

My point was it’s a bit funny to use phone use as a barometer for how good a fan is.(I get it wasn’t that in isolation though) As some fans on here post during games, I’d never think of doing that but it doesn’t make me a better supporter than them.

Suppose I’m tired of hearing all the same excuses year in year out and picking on different sections to blame. Some games are dead for various reasons and have always been that way even back decades ago. It’s easier to point the finger now at many other groups that come to our city, but there’s also a shit ton of locals who sit in silence and look at you like fucking garbage when you try an sing.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14989 on: April 16, 2024, 12:42:20 am »
My point was it’s a bit funny to use phone use as a barometer for how good a fan is.(I get it wasn’t that in isolation though) As some fans on here post during games, I’d never think of doing that but it doesn’t make me a better supporter than them.

Suppose I’m tired of hearing all the same excuses year in year out and picking on different sections to blame. Some games are dead for various reasons and have always been that way even back decades ago. It’s easier to point the finger now at many other groups that come to our city, but there’s also a shit ton of locals who sit in silence and look at you like fucking garbage when you try an sing.
There was no barometer set by me as to what makes a good fan or not. It was nothing more than an observation regarding the behaviours of two people sat behind us at the match who had a sheer disinterest in what was going on on the pitch.

Personally, I don’t know why anyone would go to a football match, pay over £50 for the privilege and spend most of the game checking in game odds and their fantasy football scores, let alone mock those who are trying to get behind the team or individuals accents. But that’s just me.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14990 on: April 16, 2024, 12:45:02 am »
There was no barometer set by me as to what makes a good fan or not. It was nothing more than an observation regarding the behaviours of two people sat behind us at the match who had a sheer disinterest in what was going on on the pitch.

Personally, I don’t know why anyone would go to a football match, pay over £50 for the privilege and spend most of the game checking in game odds and their fantasy football scores, let alone mock those who are trying to get behind the team or individuals accents. But that’s just me.

Personally I don’t get people who will post on a forum during the game on their phones. But that’s just me.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14991 on: April 16, 2024, 06:58:04 am »
Atalanta was poor all round but there was too much complacency from everyone from players to fans that we only needed to turn up. It never felt like a big European night, even in the city during the day. If we'd lost the first leg away then Anfield would have been well up for the 2nd leg, but a first leg in the middle of a title challenge fell flat.

Sunday was also a hangover from that shocking performance, but it's months and months of making hard work of every game as well. Every home game since January we've either been level or behind at half time or into the second half and conceded first in the last 5. It's exhausting. especially with a title on the line. In the ebb and flow of a season you need games where you can relax a bit rather than full throttle all the time - it's why the players have wore themselves out as well.

Klopp made a calls to arms with the atmosphere before Arsenal and the fans have delivered since, but going back to Fulham at the start of December every home game has been a huge grind with the exception of Chelsea. We were winning comfortably at home before that. We really needed to score first on Sunday and control the game given the confidence has gone. Both are beyond us at the moment. As soon we we concede it's here we go again and after the way United and Atalanta went there wasn't the confidence on or off the pitch we could hit a cows arse with a banjo to turn it around.

It was gearing up to a big last 3 games at Anfield this season. With the title on the line Spurs and Wolves would be buzzing. A semi final second leg would be buzzing. I think Wolves will be anyway for Klopp's sake.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 07:19:56 am by Fromola »

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #14992 on: April 16, 2024, 08:30:11 am »
We've helped the players out on many a huge Anfield night in Europe.  Maybe now it's time for them to do it for us but without most of us!
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14993 on: April 16, 2024, 02:00:53 pm »
We've helped the players out on many a huge Anfield night in Europe.  Maybe now it's time for them to do it for us but without most of us!

Or just do it for the manager? The least he deserves.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #14994 on: April 17, 2024, 10:10:53 am »
Was reading elsewhere from someone at the game that Klopp was turning round and shouting 'for f-k sake, stand up and sing' and someone shouted back 'We're not allowed to'.

What game was it last season where the travelling Kop sang Bobby's song for what felt like the entire second half? Perhaps that energy will come for the away games. There's been so much negativity online for the past week - some of it justified, to be fair, and we're all disappointed - but at least that's something the team are extremely unlikely to ever see.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14995 on: April 17, 2024, 10:40:38 am »
Was reading elsewhere from someone at the game that Klopp was turning round and shouting 'for f-k sake, stand up and sing' and someone shouted back 'We're not allowed to'.

What game was it last season where the travelling Kop sang Bobby's song for what felt like the entire second half? Perhaps that energy will come for the away games. There's been so much negativity online for the past week - some of it justified, to be fair, and we're all disappointed - but at least that's something the team are extremely unlikely to ever see.

Leicester.

Trent ruined it by pinging a free kick into the top corner  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5NCdK6qqUaU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5NCdK6qqUaU</a>
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #14996 on: April 20, 2024, 08:44:12 pm »

Could do with the stewarding getting on the same page as Klopp; the Arsenal game this season, he’d written in the programme notes about wanting fans to stand up and make noise. Few minutes after kickoff and the stewards were already making everyone sit down, if the main man at the club wants something, people lower down the hierarchy shouldn’t be actively going against it.