Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195883 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #20880 on: August 21, 2022, 03:33:55 pm »
Everton fans should be absolutely fucking petrified watching Leeds here. Brentford should be alright too, and I reckon Fulham could stand a chance with some new signings
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20881 on: August 21, 2022, 03:36:23 pm »
So Leeds look to have improved too. Who’s worse than Everton currently? Maybe Bournemouth? Anyone else?

West Ham and Man Utd currently...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20882 on: August 21, 2022, 03:40:26 pm »
Fulham will go down I reckon. I think Forest will too. The amount of signings they have brought in is mad. No way they will gel in time. Expect the wheels to fall off there quite quickly.

Fulham and Forest will at least be more competitive than the wretched Norwich and Watford last season who let Everton off the hook, Bournemouth are the whipping boys. Forest will be a tough ground to go to this season with the fans pumped up (as we found in the cup last season) and Fulham have started well which is always key for newly promoted teams.

I don't think there's much between the rest of the sides in the league once you get past the big 6, it comes down to coaching which is why the likes of Brighton and Palace look better than others.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20883 on: August 21, 2022, 03:41:11 pm »
Everton fans should be absolutely fucking petrified watching Leeds here. Brentford should be alright too, and I reckon Fulham could stand a chance with some new signings

That's why I wanted Leeds to stay up on the last day. Burnley were guaranteed relegation fodder if they stayed up whereas Leeds were more liable to kick on.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20884 on: August 21, 2022, 03:54:35 pm »
Incredible how little time these shitfucks have spent in the relegation zone over the past couple of years. They dropped in for maybe a week last season and then popped straight out, this season they've got 1 from 3 and still they're two spots clear.

The one bright spot is that none of the teams beneath them are really relegation fodder, so they should tumble soon.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20885 on: August 21, 2022, 04:04:09 pm »
Incredible how little time these shitfucks have spent in the relegation zone over the past couple of years. They dropped in for maybe a week last season and then popped straight out, this season they've got 1 from 3 and still they're two spots clear.

The one bright spot is that none of the teams beneath them are really relegation fodder, so they should tumble soon.

First 10 games don't count ;D

It needs a few more weeks for things to even out, these will deffo be down there come October

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20886 on: August 21, 2022, 04:44:01 pm »
I wouldn't worry for Forest too much. Too many signings, probably, but they're on a great run under Cooper, and I think they have the game smarts and determination that will see them pick up points. Home form will certainly be key but I'd fancy them to have a good record at the City ground. Very early days but wouldn't predict them to go down.

Bournemouth look like goners already, and it might be harder to predict with Fulham, because 5 points from 9 is a good start for them. Ultimately I think they could do with a couple more players, but get them right and they could stay up.

If Leeds improve this season, and I think they will, it'll be cause for some Worrying Times™ for Frankie's Blues™ - Regardless, I think it's going to require slightly more points this season to stay up, which should be cause for concern anyway because their starting XI has gotten worse, and this time it's Lampard from the start. As I say Leeds seem to be the ones right now who'd concern you if you were an Everton fan, but it's only a good start so far for them and it could go either way. The likes of Brighton have came up and are doing better than them on a budget far smaller, Brentford are threatening to do the same, too.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20887 on: August 21, 2022, 05:54:57 pm »
The media including the BBC are really bigging Gordon up. Can’t say he strikes me as anything particularly special but neither where Barkley or Rodwell I suppose and they got mega bucks for them too.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20888 on: August 21, 2022, 05:56:52 pm »
The media including the BBC are really bigging Gordon up. Can’t say he strikes me as anything particularly special but neither where Barkley or Rodwell I suppose and they got mega bucks for them too.

Mega bucks for Barkley? I heard they were robbed and the bizzies were involved

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #20889 on: August 22, 2022, 08:30:11 am »
I wouldn't worry for Forest too much. Too many signings, probably, but they're on a great run under Cooper, and I think they have the game smarts and determination that will see them pick up points. Home form will certainly be key but I'd fancy them to have a good record at the City ground. Very early days but wouldn't predict them to go down.

Bournemouth look like goners already, and it might be harder to predict with Fulham, because 5 points from 9 is a good start for them. Ultimately I think they could do with a couple more players, but get them right and they could stay up.

If Leeds improve this season, and I think they will, it'll be cause for some Worrying Times™ for Frankie's Blues™ - Regardless, I think it's going to require slightly more points this season to stay up, which should be cause for concern anyway because their starting XI has gotten worse, and this time it's Lampard from the start. As I say Leeds seem to be the ones right now who'd concern you if you were an Everton fan, but it's only a good start so far for them and it could go either way. The likes of Brighton have came up and are doing better than them on a budget far smaller, Brentford are threatening to do the same, too.

Bournemouth are like the Fulham side Parker took down.
Yes I know they were able to upset us that season when we spluttered after losing half our team. Despite our largesse they still bombed out of the league.
Ultimately Parker has them playing pretty triangles and one touch passes, but under any sort of pressure they crumble and misplace passes. They look toothless as well. The snippets I saw, Arsenal barely got out of second gear.
Forest are flying on the crest of a wave, carrying their momentum from last season forward. They will taper off but Cooper seems to have a good team spirit going which means they will fight to the end. Silva has started well at Fulham, by we know he has form for his teams folding later in the season.
Be funny if Moyes took The bubble blowers down though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #20890 on: August 22, 2022, 08:31:19 am »
Mega bucks for Barkley? I heard they were robbed and the bizzies were involved

I bet Joe regrets calling the bizzies now.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20891 on: August 22, 2022, 08:38:21 am »

Jeffers as well a big fee for the time which kept the wolf from the door for them financially. Rodwell was always average, lived off one goal against the Mancs IIRC, woudln't have even came through here. Barkley was a talent but no football brain. Jeffers amounted to nothing.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:40:27 am by Fromola »

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #20892 on: August 22, 2022, 09:01:40 am »
The Ev now 3rd faves to get relegated
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20893 on: August 22, 2022, 09:06:37 am »
Jeffers as well a big fee for the time which kept the wolf from the door for them financially. Rodwell was always average, lived off one goal against the Mancs IIRC, woudln't have even came through here. Barkley was a talent but no football brain. Jeffers amounted to nothing.

You are forgetting the greatest talent to emerge from this country for 50 years, Daniel Cadamarteri.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20894 on: August 22, 2022, 09:43:33 am »
The Ev now 3rd faves to get relegated
That sounds about right.  As I said in an earlier post the poor starts for West Ham and Man U are funny but both are going to get 50+ points, same for Leicester.  The problem for Everton is that the more realistic relegation candidates are picking up points most weekends.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20895 on: August 22, 2022, 09:49:01 am »
Their best attacker has a record of 0.08 goals a match in league football, created 4 big chances in 52 appearances and only got 3 assists...

And they might be selling him too!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #20896 on: August 22, 2022, 11:41:31 am »
Their best attacker has a record of 0.08 goals a match in league football, created 4 big chances in 52 appearances and only got 3 assists...

And they might be selling him too!

But you’ve missed off his most vital statistic - his expected dives per game.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20897 on: August 22, 2022, 11:55:39 am »

His development was left hanging. I remember paying attention to Everton when Rafa was there, watched their pre-season, training sessions, you could see Gordon develop with his shooting, his positioning on the pitch, when to take a man on, when to cross early, the decision-making in the final third. He needed another full season under Benitez / any proper coach to work on giving him a structure to his decision-making in the final third, the way Howe is doing with Saint Maximin (to various degrees of success, match to match but you can see a methodology now when under Bruce he just did what he wanted and his fellow attackers struggled to time their runs to stay onside or read his intentions.

I saw Gordon for a game the other day recently and the attackers played as individuals, he lacked direction. He'll bring good close control, touch, physicality, pace, work-rate to the table but you still need to develop the decision-making side, Benitez rated him highly because he was a keen learner, you could see the improvement over months. If whoever goes for him completes that process they'll get an excellent player, as long as he doesn't get injured beforehand struggling, pushing too hard in a badly set-up Everton side.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:03:57 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #20898 on: August 22, 2022, 04:01:50 pm »

Everton twitter is another level.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #20899 on: August 22, 2022, 04:20:09 pm »
what the fuck
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20900 on: August 22, 2022, 04:25:56 pm »
They are the ONLY club in the 92 to not win anything in that period.

The only one.

:lmao
Yep, Oldham were also on that list last season but they ended up getting relegated out of the football league.  Even that must be more exciting than being an Everton fan.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20902 on: August 22, 2022, 04:46:26 pm »

Everton twitter is another level.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Had a shocker there, has Jamie

'Everton orientated Hitler Youth' could be a good thread name for the future

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #20903 on: August 22, 2022, 05:01:19 pm »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20905 on: August 22, 2022, 07:50:06 pm »
Bournemouth are like the Fulham side Parker took down.
Yes I know they were able to upset us that season when we spluttered after losing half our team. Despite our largesse they still bombed out of the league.
Ultimately Parker has them playing pretty triangles and one touch passes, but under any sort of pressure they crumble and misplace passes. They look toothless as well. The snippets I saw, Arsenal barely got out of second gear.
Forest are flying on the crest of a wave, carrying their momentum from last season forward. They will taper off but Cooper seems to have a good team spirit going which means they will fight to the end. Silva has started well at Fulham, by we know he has form for his teams folding later in the season.
Be funny if Moyes took The bubble blowers down though.
It is a very brave style of football though.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20906 on: August 22, 2022, 07:51:16 pm »
You are forgetting the greatest talent to emerge from this country for 50 years, Daniel Cadamarteri.
Better than Michael Owen lad.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20907 on: August 23, 2022, 02:24:41 pm »
Are Chelsea really bidding £60m for a player who had 4 goals last season (3 of which were deflected) and more importantly are Everton going to be crazy enough to turn it down?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20908 on: August 23, 2022, 05:01:10 pm »
Are Chelsea really bidding £60m for a player who had 4 goals last season (3 of which were deflected) and more importantly are Everton going to be crazy enough to turn it down?

The money they'll get for this twat will keep them up as well assuming they don't piss the lot of it up the wall. Same as when Rooney left, although he was actually worth the money.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20909 on: August 23, 2022, 05:08:55 pm »
Hopefully he fails his medical.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20910 on: August 23, 2022, 05:08:57 pm »
I think most of it is going on Broja, to be honest. Frank probably likes him and he's got no business starting at Chelsea. Silly moves by all parties, really.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20911 on: August 23, 2022, 05:10:57 pm »
West Ham are in for Broja, a much more attractive prospect than everton for any player with half a brain.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20912 on: August 23, 2022, 05:27:34 pm »
Hopefully he fails his medical.
They'll bang his knees with one of those little hammers to test his reflexes and he'll roll round on the floor holding his face.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20913 on: August 23, 2022, 06:22:56 pm »
They'll bang his knees with one of those little hammers to test his reflexes and he'll roll round on the floor holding his face.
If I had a face like his I’d cover it at any given opportunity too.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #20914 on: August 23, 2022, 08:03:00 pm »
I'd be curious to see how many of the following are still at Everton come September 1st

Allan
Anthony Gordon
Dele Alli
Andre Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Yerry Mina

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20915 on: August 23, 2022, 08:14:55 pm »
why isn't gordon playing against Fleetwood - he'd finally score some goals

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #20916 on: August 23, 2022, 08:18:10 pm »
why isn't gordon playing against Fleetwood - he'd finally score some goals

Probably being protected. Madder thing is Lampard playing three at the back against Fleetwood. Shows how desperately he needs a result

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20917 on: August 23, 2022, 08:28:33 pm »
I'd be curious to see how many of the following are still at Everton come September 1st

Allan
Anthony Gordon
Dele Alli
Andre Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Yerry Mina

Mina's in the last year of his deal I think, nobody's buying him. Fella makes Keita look like fucking Thor.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20918 on: August 23, 2022, 08:40:16 pm »
They're spanking Fleetwood Town 1-0 at halftime.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20919 on: August 23, 2022, 08:40:46 pm »
They're spanking Fleetwood Town 1-0 at halftime.

Thanks to a fleetwood giveaway no less