Author Topic: Guandong 3-4 Liverpool - 13/07/11 13:00 GMT  (Read 103876 times)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Re: Guandong 3-4 Liverpool - 13/07/11 13:00 GMT
« Reply #1600 on: July 13, 2011, 07:43:22 pm »
I was a bit concerned to see how bad Carroll looked in comparison to the rest of the team, that was my point.
Scored one, made one, looked dangerous...can't wait until he's at his best and fully integrated.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #1601 on: July 13, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »
It was good to see some long balls being played by Adam and Aquilani.

Haven't seen anyone in our team apart from Gerrard do that since Benitez's tenure.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #1602 on: July 13, 2011, 07:44:07 pm »
I'm not a £35M superstar footballer aged 22, I'm a 40+ fat bloke who can only just see his toes.

I was a bit concerned to see how bad Carroll looked in comparison to the rest of the team, that was my point.
Even Kuyt looked bolloxed out there

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1603 on: July 13, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »
Aquilani:
Passes Completed:19 , passes misplaced:8 , chances created:1 , 3rd pass:0

Shots at goal:0 , shots on target:0 , balls blocked/intercepted:2

Never thought about it watching the game but those stats are about right. The thing is it doesn“t tell you the circumstance. I remember one in particular where he played a first time, lay off pass in front of Dirk., Dirk however had stopped running and so was caught on his heels and the ball just rolled right past him. Misplaced pass Aquilani!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1604 on: July 13, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »
Never thought about it watching the game but those stats are about right. The thing is it doesn“t tell you the circumstance. I remember one in particular where he played a first time, lay off pass in front of Dirk., Dirk however had stopped running and so was caught on his heels and the ball just rolled right past him. Misplaced pass Aquilani!

plus aquilanis miss passes were made in the final third, which is a good thing
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: July 13, 2011, 07:47:57 pm »

I remember that too - Kuyt was expecting it to feet and Aquilani played it just slightly infront of feet. You could argue that Kuyt was caught flat footed, but he had loads of space so he didn't really need to narrow his angle by moving forward.

Think thats more about getting to know each others game, which will come with time. AA definately looks like he needs a good pre-season mind you, i like the guy and i'm sure today was more about being rusty than anything else.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1606 on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »
I hate mark wright, that is all.

And I hate dickhead Liverpool fans like you, slagging off ex-players like Whelan, Houghton, St John, Mark Wright, Macmanaman etc.

Have a word with yourself.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1607 on: July 13, 2011, 08:00:33 pm »

And I hate dickhead Liverpool fans like you, slagging off ex-players like Whelan, Houghton, Have a word with yourself.

Whelen & Houghton? FFS. I Suggest you go and have a word with yourself too. Blert.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: July 13, 2011, 08:03:02 pm »

And I hate dickhead Liverpool fans like you, slagging off ex-players like Whelan, Houghton, St John, Mark Wright, Macmanaman etc.

So they're infallible beacuse they've donned the red shirt? What a load of shite.

Offline Bavaria

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1609 on: July 13, 2011, 08:05:56 pm »
I had every intentions of sneakily watching or at least listening to this at work but just before kick off got called in for a meeting and walked out 2hours later with a shit load of work and no football game  :no :no

Anyway from what I've read it sounds like it was one of the more exciting pre-season games in recent times, a 4-3 scoreline suggests it was good watch at least.

It's great that everyone got a run out and I was particularly happy to hear that Coady banged in a cracker and Adam did well on his debut. Poulsen scored to boot, excellent shop window display  ;D

Bit miffed how we let in 3 goals though, were the defence that bad or was just a few lapses in concentration?

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: July 13, 2011, 08:11:27 pm »
Repeat on in 20 minutes on LFCTV.  Excited to watch it.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1611 on: July 13, 2011, 08:13:49 pm »
Bit miffed how we let in 3 goals though, were the defence that bad or was just a few lapses in concentration?
Well we didn't coat ourselves in glory for the first one but the others were pretty much 2 late consolation goals where we were just guilty of switching off having won the game. We shouldn't be concerned about it, I mean we changed the keeper twice and the whole back four. In fact we changed the whole team.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #1612 on: July 13, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »

To be honest, they're the only former players who talk absolute toffee..
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1613 on: July 13, 2011, 08:16:44 pm »
I'm not a £35M superstar footballer aged 22, I'm a 40+ fat bloke who can only just see his toes.

He's been out for the better part of six months.

I would be surrpised if his fitness wanst below par.

Happily the season doesnt kick off for near on a month.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bavaria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1614 on: July 13, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »
Well we didn't coat ourselves in glory for the first one but the others were pretty much 2 late consolation goals where we were just guilty of switching off having won the game. We shouldn't be concerned about it, I mean we changed the keeper twice and the whole back four. In fact we changed the whole team.

Ta for the update. Not concerned really, just hoping it does not affect the younger lads confidence, for the likes of Wisdom it was their first game at senior level so they would have seen it as huge opportunity to make an impression even though it was only a warm up game.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1615 on: July 13, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »
To be honest, they're the only former players who talk absolute toffee..

The weird thing is.... I“ve heard McManaman commentate in Spanish and he doesn“t talk shite and is very pro-Liverpool. Yet when he commentates/pundits in the Uk he is the opposite. Almost like he“s told to toe the line or we will find someone who will!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline passandmove85

• Main Stander
« Reply #1616 on: July 13, 2011, 08:27:32 pm »
Enjoyed the game today.  Everyone was pretty rusty as you'd expect at this stage & a few switched off for their goals but again that's to be expected with the heat & humidity over there at this stage of pre-season.

Adam showed some nice passes that you could imagine Suarez running onto in a proper pitch.  The big man scoring & setting up  one another positive.  Shelvey's assist was boss too.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1617 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:12 pm »

Sorry mate, but do you not think it might be just you imagining it? Like taking the myth that he's out of shape and unfit all the time and running with it?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1618 on: July 13, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »
So, in general, on average, if you started this game you are for sale or loan or a reserve or cara, and if you came on in the second half you are a reserve/on the bench/a rotator, and if you didnt play at all you are a lock for the first 11?

The first half looked like a Harrods half-off sale to me. Flano and Kelly aside of course.

Its not Andys fitness btw. Its the beard. Very off-putting omg.  ;D Wheres his minders at?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:38:59 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline gybs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1619 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »
Not that hard.

Britain - England and Wales
Great Britain - England, Wales & Scotland.
UK - England, Wales, Scotland & Northrern Ireland

The UK can be referred to as 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland'.

There is no such place as Britain - people only say Britain as a shortened version of Great Britain .

Great Britain is England Scotland and Wales

In Roman days the first called Great Britain anything South of Hadrians Walls but that obviously changed through the years

British Isles is the collective name for the island of Ireland and the Island of Great Britain .

And finally as you say the UK is the United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1620 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:55 pm »

I seriously wonder what game you were watching. What did the majority of the team do that was better than a goal and an assist? Not to mention he ran his arse off. Looked fucked at the end but it's all about fitness at this stage isn't it? Was very pleased with his run out.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #1621 on: July 13, 2011, 08:49:26 pm »
I seriously wonder what game you were watching. What did the majority of the team do that was better than a goal and an assist? Not to mention he ran his arse off. Looked fucked at the end but it's all about fitness at this stage isn't it? Was very pleased with his run out.

yeah he did. Odd.

Did anyone watch the stream with the commentator (extreme goal/fox soccer.?) who wouldn't shut about andys left foot.Everytime he hit it with his left foot it was "CARROLLS LEFT FOOT.THAT IS A DEVASTING LEFT FOOT. THE OPPOSITION HAVE TO BE ALERT IF THEY ARE TO STAND ANY CHANCE!" even when he skied it. A still,thats what we should be hearing.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:10 pm »
First preseason game so understandably there were quite a few bad touches and misplaced passes but on the whole I was happy. Moments of class mixed in there too!

I'd forgotten just how "pretty" Aquilani can be on the ball! Adam had a couple fantastic passes which I couldn't help but compare to Xabi. :-\

They all looked knackered 10 minutes in! ;D Not surprised we conceded at the end of each half.

Bring on Saturday. 8)
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: July 13, 2011, 08:58:43 pm »
yeah he did. Odd.

Did anyone watch the stream with the commentator (extreme goal/fox soccer.?) who wouldn't shut about andys left foot.Everytime he hit it with his left foot it was "CARROLLS LEFT FOOT.THAT IS A DEVASTING LEFT FOOT. THE OPPOSITION HAVE TO BE ALERT IF THEY ARE TO STAND ANY CHANCE!" even when he skied it. A still,thats what we should be hearing.
Has to be better than the commentator that called Kelly "Flanagan" the entire first half! He called Flano "Robinson" once in the beginning and then must have realised Robinson wasn't on the pitch and so for the rest of the half, we had an unnamed LB running around who's name wasn't mentioned whenever he got the ball! ;D

He must have been told at half time about his error as he got the substitutions rights with who replaced who on the left and right.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #1624 on: July 13, 2011, 08:59:27 pm »
So all the goals were conceded in injury time at the end of each respective half with players playing their first 45 minutes in a long time. Why are people getting worked up by it?

A decent run out, entertainment for the locals, money in the coffers, a confidence booster for the young lads (and Carroll) and a shopwindow for Poulsen and Cole. What’s the problem?!

Is right lad, some bellends in here, again. A good workout in very difficult conditions, its hard enough walkin around in 30 degrees nevermind playin in it. Compared to the previous last few yrs pre-season, this was a breath of fresh air! Enjoyed it, the seasons almost upon us and i cant wait.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1625 on: July 13, 2011, 09:02:53 pm »
I'm that starved of football (well specifically LFC) i'm in the middle of watching this again!

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: July 13, 2011, 09:07:04 pm »
I'm that starved of football (well specifically LFC) i'm in the middle of watching this again!
;D

The repeat is on in my part of the world a bit later. I'm laughing but I may very well be joining... :-X

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: July 13, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »
Apologies if this has already been answered but where is Skrtel on this tour? Is he injured?

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #1628 on: July 13, 2011, 09:10:14 pm »
We had a 4-2-3-1 in each half, correct? What it looked like to me, but I am possibly off base.

LB: Flanno, Robinson
CB: Carra, Soto
CB: Wilson, Agger
RB: Kelly, Wisdom
LDM: Spearing, Adam
RDM: Poulsen, Coady
LAM: Pacheco, Maxi
CAM: Shelvey, Aqua
RAM: Cole, Kuyt
Striker: N'Gog, Carroll

Shelvey's one of the most intriguing prospects for this preseason for me. Right on the borderline of being kept around the squad and being loaned out. 80% of the time he looks awesome and then the next 20% is questionable. The inconsistency is something you suspect from the youngins, I suppose. Adam's passing is going to be a huge asset for the squad. I think he's got to get more of a feel for his teammates, but you could see the creativity in his vision. Aqua was really strong until the end of the second half...something you'd expect.

Offline gybs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1629 on: July 13, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »
Apologies if this has already been answered but where is Skrtel on this tour? Is he injured?

Got a little niggle , same with Raul and Johnson

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: July 13, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »
any online replays of the match? missed it live.

there's a replay on the tele for me is 4 hours. but that's four hours longer than i want to wait!

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1631 on: July 13, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »
;D

The repeat is on in my part of the world a bit later. I'm laughing but I may very well be joining... :-X

I watched it on a stream in work but also sky+'d iit from lfc channel! I must say, Spearing stands out from the first half for me, was involved in lots of the good build up.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1632 on: July 13, 2011, 09:36:37 pm »
Some good PR in China, we'll sell a few kits and Standard Charter will be happy. Exposing the brand rather than 1st team getting any fitness.  Glad the young lads and fringe players got a run out to prove themselves
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: July 13, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »

Baby is due
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #1634 on: July 13, 2011, 09:49:11 pm »
Baby is due

Liverpool pubs can't deal with Skrtel alone. How they'll deal with a son/daughter is out of my mind.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1635 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »
He's a big lad from the North East of England where anything over 20Deg is classed as a heatwave and he's playing football in a country where humidity is into the 90's and where you sweat like a bastard constantly even when standing still in the shade and you wonder why he looked peaky?

Fuck me son... It's their first runout of the pre-season ad they've only been back in training, what, three weeks? I thought they plated pretty well considering and I include Andy in that as well.

Jesus.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline meff

• istoffeles?
  • Kopite
  • does your dog bite?
« Reply #1636 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:39 pm »
We had a 4-2-3-1 in each half, correct? What it looked like to me, but I am possibly off base.

It was an opportunity for everyone to have a run-out, express themselves and enjoy the game. No value in trying to pigeon-hole players in any case, Kenny will always extol the virtues of flexibility.

For those about to Klopp! We salute you

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1637 on: July 13, 2011, 10:36:20 pm »
The last two pre-seasons were poor and kinda spilled over into the season - altho it's about getting match fit I'm not of the mind that results don't matter, they do, it's about momemtum to carry into the season, something which we failed miserably at for two seasons now. So I'm glad we got off to a good start that was a tad marred by two late goals conceeded but nothing to overly worry about. At least we were attacking throughout and put four away as well as building up fitness.

Overall I thought it was a decent display considering first game back and difficult conditions climate wise.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1638 on: July 13, 2011, 11:01:01 pm »
He's a big lad from the North East of England where anything over 20Deg is classed as a heatwave and he's playing football in a country where humidity is into the 90's and where you sweat like a bastard constantly even when standing still in the shade and you wonder why he looked peaky?

Fuck me son... It's their first runout of the pre-season ad they've only been back in training, what, three weeks? I thought they plated pretty well considering and I include Andy in that as well.

Jesus.

Agreed, it's rediculous to judge Carroll on his workrate/sharpness in this game. Don't even think they've been back for 2 weeks yet?!

Offline eryder

• Main Stander
  • The end of the match.
« Reply #1639 on: July 13, 2011, 11:12:51 pm »
The weird thing is.... I“ve heard McManaman commentate in Spanish and he doesn“t talk shite and is very pro-Liverpool. Yet when he commentates/pundits in the Uk he is the opposite. Almost like he“s told to toe the line or we will find someone who will!
Should be his own man. He's had enough of Liverpools money surely. 
Billy Beane is not my lover