Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures May 19th - Final day of the season  (Read 17099 times)

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League Fixtures May 19th - Final day of the season
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 09:12:20 pm »
It's crazy as you need to assess each game individually to appreciate how unpredictable the last game of the season truly is. It's like waking up from a crazy party where lots of shit went down and you try to comprehend it whilst focusing on your mates (Liverpool) but start to hear stories of what went on. So your enemies (Man Utd) drew 5-5 in a game with the Steve Clarke's WBA, Lukaku scored a hatrick. Then we have the low lifes of the party, nobody seems to care about the QPRs, Readings and Wigans as there all going home with no lady, but if you look closer it's interesting. QPR are comparable to the girl who never puts out at a party, she fails to deliver on any stage and they did that today at Anfield. Wigan who are everyones favourite loser at the party, they somehow manage to do it every year but run out a big loser this season. As we move closer up we see Reading got a hammering off West Ham and the chicken dancer Kevin Nolan grabbed a hatrick, it's as if he's the only one of the dance floor at the party, pissed up doing the chicken dance to get the party started and for Fat Sam to sign a new contract. We have Fulham the team that are full of mediocrity, they attend the party smartly dressed but deep down are a failure, they know they can't live up to the big boys until they demolished everyone's circlejerk team Swansea 3-0. The loud mouths of the party and bruisers looking for fights are Stoke City, they're hated by everyone and nobody likes them, even pigs head detest them! Well they ran out in a 1-1 draw with Pochetti's Southampton. As we move upstairs to the bedroom this is where the climax is held, Arsenal going hard in one room trying to bust a nut whilst Spurs are helpless as they wait for the one man show to attend, he's late, Gareth missed the party time and arrives 80 minutes later for Spurs to give it a go. They run out winners to a 10 man crazy man managed team, Sunderland. Di Canio is the fiesty drunk, the one that makes you think one more line of coke off a strippers tit and he's going to implode and fight the pigs head. Arsenal are content with their actions in the bedroom, they know, we know that they're satisfied with their performance. It's as if the Arsene is too stingy to purchase sexual toys to make them more attractive. As the party draws to a close we have Chelsea man managed by that guy. That guy is loved by Liverpool, they act as a destroyed lover who left at the wrong time and still remains loved by the Reds. Well Rafa is a villain to everyone in the stadium including the visiting blue side, he bowed out a gentlemen and a winner.

I've just spent the last 9 hours reading critical text and thought I'd write this out of sheer boredom, it most likely won't get read or make sense but you'll catch my drift.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:14:40 pm by FernandoSusoLFC »

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:53:38 pm by Magic8Ball »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2013, 09:52:56 pm »
Love the banner with 'We forgive you'  ;D

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
Love the banner with 'We forgive you'  ;D
Like it mattered. Glad he refused to join the parade - Job done, dignity maintained, Rafa rolls on
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »
Like it mattered. Glad he refused to join the parade - Job done, dignity maintained, Rafa rolls on

I was being sarcastic  ;)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2013, 10:01:49 pm »
Nice touch from Chelsea to let Rafa's son work in the Tunnel on his last day.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

There are some interesting comments down there, some tomo lad f.e. ;)
That's some statement!

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2013, 10:15:51 pm »
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:39 pm »
Owen is a Liverpool legend despite being a little c*nt.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »
Owen is a Liverpool legend despite being a little c*nt.

Feels wrong, though, to talk about Carra being a legend and than say Owen is one.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2013, 10:38:42 pm »
Quite a dull last day, I want us to stuff Reading, Arsenal to get 4th, West Brom to spoil Ginsoaks wankfest & nice if you win for Carra's last game.

Well that went well. :D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2013, 10:40:09 pm »
Quite a dull last day, I want us to stuff Reading, Arsenal to get 4th, West Brom to spoil Ginsoaks wankfest & nice if you win for Carra's last game and Crosby Nick to win the lottery midweek.

All good so far Paul. One to go...

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2013, 06:32:49 am »
All good so far Paul. One to go...

50/50 split though lol
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2013, 07:50:10 am »
Feels wrong, though, to talk about Carra being a legend and than say Owen is one.
There is times you take a step back and look at things as a football fan first and foremost. He gave me many joyous days as I was growing up. To hell with it when I was playing in the playground I was picking to be Owen. Now he's retired will pay homage because the last 5-6 years I have grown to dislike him a lot.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:56 am »

Good to see that they've shown some appreciation to Rafael.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2013, 09:26:29 am »
Apparently, that Chelsea win pocketed Rafa a cool 250k by getting 3rd place.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »
Apparently, that Chelsea win pocketed Rafa a cool 250k by getting 3rd place.

Not a bad day at the office.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »
forgive rafa for what?

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »
forgive rafa for what?

Idiots. All of them.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2013, 02:12:18 pm »
haha andy jacobs just said that some of the chelsea fans were "disappointed that benitez didn't acknowledge the fans after the game".

honestly you couldn't make this shit up. he was one of the ones who's been slaughtering him all season.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »
jacobs is 1 of the most irritating twats around that silly giggle makes me want to punch the radio!
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:30 pm »
Terrible defending in our game. We were 5-2 up with 10 minutes to go. If we had held out for a few more minutes at that scoreline, Adnan Januzaj (very good player from our reserves) would have come on, but instead we conceded two more goals very quickly, used our last sub on Rio and conceded the fifth. Ah well.

Lukaku should be some player for Chelsea if they use him, and will be interesting to see what happens with Bale.

Sentiment got in the way. Scholes' legs have well and truly gone, we got over-run by Swansea last week when he played and yesterday when he came on it all went down-hill, not that the result mattered to be honest. Scholesy was just hanging around up front trying to bow out with a goal, leaving the midfield horribly exposed. Add that to make-shift fullbacks in Valencia/Buttner and the fact WBA scored their 3rd and 4th whilst Evans was limping and it was absolute chaos :D Would have been annoyed to lose but in the end, it was just a privilege being there to see a game like that and wave Fergie farewell. Credit to WBA fans for the reception they gave Fergie and Scholes.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:33:06 pm by RossoBianchi »

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:16 pm »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2013, 02:47:57 pm »
Interesting stat

http://i.imgur.com/7VnljOF.png
Oh no another If only league table! Hopefully were at the top of that table next season!!!..

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2013, 02:48:19 pm »
Have a look at this one:

http://ifmeauntiehadballsshedbemeuncle.com

Hahaha

How the Premier League table would look in an Apertura / Clausura format (Split in half)

http://i.imgur.com/9wwA837.jpg

Goes to show Arsenal crushed it in the second half

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2013, 02:55:23 pm »
Hahaha

How the Premier League table would look in an Apertura / Clausura format (Split in half)

http://i.imgur.com/9wwA837.jpg

Goes to show Arsenal crushed it in the second half

Nice plummet there by Stoke too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »
Nice plummet there by Stoke too.

And West Brom. Four wins in their last 19.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »
Here you go:

Points difference between first 19 games and second 19 games:

Liverpool +11
Reading +8
Arsenal +7
Southampton +7
Spurs +6
Wigan +6
QPR+5
Villa +5
Fulham +1
Newcastle +1
Man City 0
West Ham 0
Chelsea -1
Everton -3
Man Utd -3
Swansea -4
Sunderland -5
Norwich -6
Stoke -14
West Brom -17

Those first five games just killed us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2013, 03:10:18 pm »

No we just play better with no pressure same old poor mentality that's plagued us the last 4-5 seasons.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2013, 03:25:45 pm »
legacy? so its nothing to do with 2 top drawer players joining us?  ok..
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Po The Panda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:39 pm »
legacy? so its nothing to do with 2 top drawer players joining us?  ok..
Yep post January couple of occasions when we were 5-7 points behind 4th golden chance and we would slip up whenever we were close.

Then with our season pretty much over no surprise we went  unbeaten in our last 8 games without the added pressure of chasing 4th.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »
Yep post January couple of occasions when we were 5-7 points behind 4th golden chance and we would slip up whenever we were close.

Then with our season pretty much over no surprise we went  unbeaten in our last 8 games without the added pressure of chasing 4th.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it no?

Could be that Sturridge and Coutinho needed more than, you know, a couple of games to even slightly bed in?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 21

• Barrack-room Hutz
  • Kopite
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:39 am »
what the actual f*ck???  :o :o :o

didn't hear a wimper about it in the media. nothing at all.
disgraceful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WBS21nwCC3s

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:51 am »
disgraceful..

imagine if that was.. nevermind

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WBS21nwCC3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WBS21nwCC3s</a>
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:23 am »
Evans doing that doesnt surprise me.

not hearing anything about it from the British media doesnt surprise me.

Evans getting away with that doesnt surprise me.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2013, 10:05:30 am »
What is it? Can't see youtube at work! Cheers.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:04 am »
What is it? Can't see youtube at work! Cheers.
Evans punching Rosenberg in the face

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2013, 10:33:49 am »
What a sly little shithouse.