Author Topic: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide  (Read 334114 times)

Offline kratos

• Kopite
Re: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2008, 01:15:27 am »
The Hayfield in Stepney Green isnt a bad place for Liverpool games

Offline Tam

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2008, 02:51:02 am »
Jabrul, were you there tonight mate? That place has gone down hill since last year, used to be a hell of a lot better for livepool games. Not a single song gets sung there these days, ive given up trying
We Are The Champions!
Of Who?
Champions Of Europe!
Of Where?
Champions Of Europe!
Oh Right

Offline Roman Maroney

• Main Stander
  • They seek him ere.....
« Reply #322 on: March 14, 2008, 10:18:29 pm »
Just came back from the White Bear in Kennington. Was a few Reds there like, but a bit disappointing for a match of this importance.

Surely there must be some pub in London where Liverpool fans gather in strength? If not, let's get a little organized and choose a pub where we all gather when not at the match itself!!

I'm in London most weeks working - it would be good if there was a particular boozer to aim to stay near and be able to watch the reds!

" would rather have a beer with someone who was looking for the truth than with someone who had found it...." CB 2008

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #323 on: March 14, 2008, 11:17:21 pm »
Quick question...... I'll be in London for first leg v Arsenal. I'll be staying at my brothers near Hammersmith, Anyone know of any good pubs to watch match in that area? ( probably daft question, but hey-ho)
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #324 on: March 14, 2008, 11:38:53 pm »
Quick question...... I'll be in London for first leg v Arsenal. I'll be staying at my brothers near Hammersmith, Anyone know of any good pubs to watch match in that area? ( probably daft question, but hey-ho)
West Kensington, 3 Famous Kings - details earlier in the thread mate.

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #325 on: March 14, 2008, 11:40:49 pm »

Thanks mate:)
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: March 14, 2008, 11:55:38 pm »

Are you often in the Three Kings?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2008, 12:43:09 am »
I was born in Liverpool and lived there for all my life 23 years till 2 weeks ago I'm now In London working and just want to find a pub where other reds go to watch the match. Had to go the local to watch the inter game and there were unfortunately a few east end west ham woppers singing anti - Liverpool songs.

But at the end of the day it's their town so what can you expect YNWA blasting out the speakers at full time?! - hence the reason this thread is up and we are trying to get a few of us together! So instead of all this shite and superfans bollocks can't we just leave it as a place for us to organise it? Maybe it would be better in General Football or away guide or something may be better suited for it - not sure.

But I'm certainly not a 'cockney twat' and so far I haven't smelt much 'rats piss' either, like I said though it's only been two weeks...

edit - I'll be in the white bear for the Reading game tomorrow as well - good pub for the 3pm kick offs with a few reds there
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:45:36 am by gazjones6 »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2008, 12:50:39 am »
I was born in Liverpool and lived there for all my life 23 years till 2 weeks ago I'm now In London working and just want to find a pub where other reds go to watch the match. Had to go the local to watch the inter game and there were unfortunately a few east end west ham woppers singing anti - Liverpool songs.

But at the end of the day it's their town so what can you expect YNWA blasting out the speakers at full time?! - hence the reason this thread is up and we are trying to get a few of us together! So instead of all this shite and superfans bollocks can't we just leave it as a place for us to organise it? Maybe it would be better in General Football or away guide or something may be better suited for it - not sure.

But I'm certainly not a 'cockney twat' and so far I haven't smelt much 'rats piss' either, like I said though it's only been two weeks...

edit - I'll be in the white bear for the Reading game tomorrow as well - good pub for the 3pm kick offs with a few reds there

Where is the White Bear?

I normally head to the Three Kings for 3pm kick offs.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2008, 05:59:20 pm »
Can we keep this relevant please.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2008, 06:06:06 pm »
Was disappointed with three kings when I was in there last time (Porto game), no singing and a bit dead of what I remember of it and the landlord is a sound fella but the microphone is definitley annoying. Still, fuck all else around in that part of the city to watch us. Three kings is very close by and I haven't got the time in the evenings to trek it across the city
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:10:18 pm by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline yorstie

• Main Stander
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2008, 09:09:47 pm »
The Balham Tup is always full of Liverpool fans and gets better the bigger the game.  Though this years lucky pub for me is O'Neils in Wimbledon...
One pissed up old feller then took it upon himself to clutch each one of us by the face saying "you have to BELIEVE!"  "You know why we are going to win this?"  "Because we are the mighty, mighty, mighty, mighty, fuckin mighty mighty mighty fuckin mighty fuckin mighty mighty mighty mighty mighty mighty Reds!".

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2008, 09:14:21 pm »
Was disappointed with three kings when I was in there last time (Porto game), no singing and a bit dead of what I remember of it and the landlord is a sound fella but the microphone is definitley annoying. Still, fuck all else around in that part of the city to watch us. Three kings is very close by and I haven't got the time in the evenings to trek it across the city

Strange that

I wonder whether most people stayed at home for the Porto game as it was on normal tel. I was going to go to the three kings but really wanted to hear all of the protest so stayed at home.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2008, 10:27:53 pm »
No, I'm not to be honest...

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2008, 10:54:31 pm »

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I was in the Three Kings for the Reading match. It was my first time there, and I was quite amazed by the sheer size of the place. Lots of screens around, and they were showing three PL matches plus the rugby. I think half of Wales must have been in there at some stage...

Anyway, the Liverpool match got decent priority and was shown at a big screen. Met some brilliant fellow Reds that have been going there regularly for the past four years. I have to say I quite liked the place (as my nine hour drinking spree in there would indicate!), and it's definitely a place I'll return to.
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2008, 11:30:01 pm »

I didn't go yesterday because of the Rugby

Last week for Newcastle it was full of Irish and so the Liverpool game only got the front screen, I assume the same would have been true yesterday.

There are a couple of fairly hardcore reds that turn up each week, they normally get a good sing song going. I was teaching them the whole Torres song last time.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2008, 10:09:53 am »
Though this years lucky pub for me is O'Neils in Wimbledon...

Watched the Juve, Chelsea and Milan games there in 2005 - a definite lucky pub for me. Particularly enjoyed the Chelsea game as me and my brother seemed to be outnumbered by about 100 to 2 but still made more noise!

I'm fairly close to the Famous 3 Kings these days so will try and head there for future games (although away for the next couple of epic weeks)

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2008, 10:26:43 am »
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I was in the Three Kings for the Reading match. It was my first time there, and I was quite amazed by the sheer size of the place. Lots of screens around, and they were showing three PL matches plus the rugby. I think half of Wales must have been in there at some stage...

Anyway, the Liverpool match got decent priority and was shown at a big screen. Met some brilliant fellow Reds that have been going there regularly for the past four years. I have to say I quite liked the place (as my nine hour drinking spree in there would indicate!), and it's definitely a place I'll return to.

Was there on Saturday too mate, though by mistake - got roped in to watching the rugby and discovered that the F3K has a nice little habit of showing, as someone else has said, the 'naughty' games.

Hard to tell what the atmosphere would be like, as it was mostly rugby fans in there, including some pretty unsavoury elements of the Welsh National Liberation Army, moaning on about the 'English c*nts' in the place.

But from what I could tell it looks a good bet for the big games. Though bear in mind I think we play Arsenal the same night as Chelsea v Fenerbahce, and West Kensington is close to Chelsea - there were a few rentboys in there on Saturday cheering Reading's goal.

Can imagine the pub's a lively venue for a big game though - got the potential. If a few people here are meeting up there for Arsenal, I'll be in.

Looks like the Kings' Head on Essex Rd has gone - any one know if this is true?
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline worthers

• originals
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:30 am »
Might make my way to the F3K tomorrow - anyone else?
"We can not walk alone" Martin Luther King 1963

In nine years, Paisley won three European Cups, a Uefa Cup, six League titles and three League Cups. He won three European Cups in nine years, while Mr Ferguson has managed two in 24.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2008, 03:14:07 pm »
Strange that

I wonder whether most people stayed at home for the Porto game as it was on normal tel. I was going to go to the three kings but really wanted to hear all of the protest so stayed at home.

When I say it was dead I don't actually mean empty but atmosphere wise I've definitley seen much better. From my experience it only seems to be great if it's really packed out and has virtually no non-footy fans in there

Some big games coming up though and I've yet to find anywhere else in west london - anyone heading to the 3kings for sunday and the arsenal games? Could make a few decent atmospheres.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2008, 12:53:15 pm »
Can we bump this post mods, and keep it up for the next few days?

Where's everyone going for the Arsenal game next Weds then?

F3K looked good to me, but near Chelsea territory and they play the same night. Tricky.

North London options include Crouch End, Hackney and Upper St, all potentially Gooner territory, though hardly the badlands if we're pushed.

Does anyone know what's happening with the King's Head on Essex Rd?

Put your suggestions down here and let's try and organise a meet-up.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2008, 01:22:43 pm »
When I say it was dead I don't actually mean empty but atmosphere wise I've definitley seen much better. From my experience it only seems to be great if it's really packed out and has virtually no non-footy fans in there

Some big games coming up though and I've yet to find anywhere else in west london - anyone heading to the 3kings for sunday and the arsenal games? Could make a few decent atmospheres.

Me and a mate (and maybe a couple of others) are trying to organise somewhere for sunday and the arse games.  Where is this place? we'll come down.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2008, 02:04:32 pm »
Me and a mate (and maybe a couple of others) are trying to organise somewhere for sunday and the arse games.  Where is this place? we'll come down.

'Famous 3 Kings' next to West Kensington tube station on the district line.

They have two rooms for big screens so I'm assuming one will be for chelsea and the other our game. Dont think it's a problem that it's chelsea territory. Will probably be lots of reds there but if we can get enough singers can make a decent atmosphere. Probably have to get there quite early though.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2008, 12:58:19 am »
anyone heard of  The Canterbury Arms in Brixton ??   ???
this guy seems to think it's pretty sound...

"Some may call the Canterbury Arms an Old Man pub, but if you’re looking for a place to sit down and watch the football on a Saturday afternoon, you’d be hard pressed to find a better place in Brixton. 2 42” Plasma TV’s and lots of space. Friendly staff (The Landlord is a liverpool fan) and reasonably priced beer. Definitely a safe pub in Brixton because you are about 20m from the police station!"

(http://www.qype.co.uk/place/116646-The-Canterbury-Arms)

need to know cos i'm at a fuckin gig at brixton academy (gogol bordello) that night    :butt and need a pub close by...

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2008, 03:35:26 pm »
anyone heard of  The Canterbury Arms in Brixton ??   ???
this guy seems to think it's pretty sound...

"Some may call the Canterbury Arms an Old Man pub, but if you’re looking for a place to sit down and watch the football on a Saturday afternoon, you’d be hard pressed to find a better place in Brixton. 2 42” Plasma TV’s and lots of space. Friendly staff (The Landlord is a liverpool fan) and reasonably priced beer. Definitely a safe pub in Brixton because you are about 20m from the police station!"

(http://www.qype.co.uk/place/116646-The-Canterbury-Arms)

need to know cos i'm at a fuckin gig at brixton academy (gogol bordello) that night    :butt and need a pub close by...

Not sure what it's like for sport but it's a decent enough boozer mate and about 2 minutes from the Academy for when you head down there

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2008, 04:02:39 pm »
You couldn't pay me to go to a pub in Brixton
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2008, 04:08:14 pm »
You couldn't pay me to go to a pub in Brixton

Out of interest, why not? Used to live there and it's fine - some dodgy places to steer clear of but all of South London seems like that

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2008, 04:51:13 pm »
Out of interest, why not? Used to live there and it's fine - some dodgy places to steer clear of but all of South London seems like that

I have lived in Southwark for a period of time and that was bad enough for me.

Been to Brixton on a few occasions and never had any problems, but keep hearing about how rough the pubs are especially of the weekends
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2008, 05:05:06 pm »
I work away regularly and spend hours trying to find 'friendly' pubs, there must be many reds like me and we have lots of is there a Red bar in Ullan Bator type questions

Surely we shoud be able to create a global database of Red Pubs/bars?
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2008, 08:42:58 pm »
Goin to be in the F3K from about 1ish tomorrow.  Anyone else heading down?

Offline trooper7

• Main Stander
« Reply #350 on: March 29, 2008, 09:51:54 pm »
Any decent boozers near Arsenal's ground, traveling down on wed, shoud be there for about 1 or 2ish   :wave
If the lady wants a baby, im the cock of the north

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: March 29, 2008, 10:18:38 pm »
Goin to be in the F3K from about 1ish tomorrow.  Anyone else heading down?

May well do, I haven't decided yet.

If I go to the gym in the morning, I will happily have a couple of pints. If I stay in my pit, I will watch it at home.

Offline sumdumguy

• Anny Roader
  • Winning is everything
« Reply #352 on: March 29, 2008, 10:41:39 pm »
Can we bump this post mods, and keep it up for the next few days?

Where's everyone going for the Arsenal game next Weds then?

F3K looked good to me, but near Chelsea territory and they play the same night. Tricky.

North London options include Crouch End, Hackney and Upper St, all potentially Gooner territory, though hardly the badlands if we're pushed.

Does anyone know what's happening with the King's Head on Essex Rd?

Put your suggestions down here and let's try and organise a meet-up.

ONiells on Upper Street was pure quality last May for the CL final, packed with reds belting out songs all night.
It is pretty close to the Emirates, so there will be gooners around too.
Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: March 29, 2008, 11:40:12 pm »
Will probably be in 3kings myself

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #354 on: April 1, 2008, 05:53:24 pm »
What's the plan for tomorrow then? Quite a few reds seem to be coming down without tickets for a sing song and some beers -

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=215179.0

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=214910.0

Trafalgar square seems to be the location most are going to - anyone joining in? I finish work at 5:30 and thinking of going straight to Trafalgar Square hopefully find some reds and watch the match in a boozer round there with a few reds hopefully

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 1, 2008, 07:27:57 pm »
Any decent boozers near Arsenal's ground, traveling down on wed, shoud be there for about 1 or 2ish   :wave

Hi Trooper, you should just head to Highbury & Islington on the Victoria Line from Euston and turn right onto the main road (Upper Street), I really like the Hope & Anchor myself which is a good boozer for old punks.

F3K is a bit far for me, starting a new job over in Maida Vale next week but this meetup thing sounded good for the second leg, never mind

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline trooper7

• Main Stander
« Reply #356 on: April 1, 2008, 07:41:36 pm »
Hi Trooper, you should just head to Highbury & Islington on the Victoria Line from Euston and turn right onto the main road (Upper Street), I really like the Hope & Anchor myself which is a good boozer for old punks.

F3K is a bit far for me, starting a new job over in Maida Vale next week but this meetup thing sounded good for the second leg, never mind

Nice one, im going by coach which is leaving at 9, so probably be dropped off by the ground about 1ish, so probably just go with the flow
If the lady wants a baby, im the cock of the north

Offline redman_walking

• Kemlynite
« Reply #357 on: April 1, 2008, 09:02:11 pm »
I used to live in Islington myself and there's loads of good pubs to watch the footy. .

In no particular order:
The Old Queen Heads (Essex Road), The Duke of York (Upper Street, Angel end), The Edinburgh (Newington Green - shows non sky Premier League games), Islington Tup (Liverpool Road), The Barnsbury (Liverpool Road).

The best places are around Newington Green and Essex Road as they are mainly locals compared to Upper Street, however, most are obviously Arsenal pubs but Liverpool aren't hated around there.

The Hope and Anchor doesn't show much footy - its more music based.

Another decent place is in Covent Garden - The Freemasons Arms (Long Acre - Drury Lane end). Its where the FA was founded ands has loads of screens - was a 'lucky pub' of mine in 2005 - never seen us lose there.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 09:09:57 pm by redman_walking »
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 2, 2008, 12:11:33 am »
What's the plan for tommorow for everyone then? F3k is close to me but am tempted to head over to Highbury and a pub near there if there's gonna be a decent amount of reds there

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: April 2, 2008, 10:03:04 am »
Never been to the F3K before but fancy going down tonight. Problem is I don't finish work til 5 and it will take me at least half an hour to get there. Do you reckon I should be OK to get in?
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?