Author Topic: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide  (Read 334042 times)

Offline Gethin

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2007, 07:48:43 pm »
Gethin, I was in there for the 2nd leg of the semi too, so will probably recognise you next time. Was out of town for the Villa game, but does the King's Head still look the likeliest place for games this season? Beer's not bad too…

Reckon I'll keep going there until they move to the new place (landlady is a red -hence the This Is Anfield sign over the bar). Going to be out of town this weekend so won't be there for the Chelsea game - but I reckon there will be a decent crowd there.

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2007, 12:00:58 am »
it looks like im watching the game on wed at f3k in west ken

is it any good
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2007, 12:13:58 am »
Mike - not been ther for a couple of years but they have loads of screens and normally a fair few reds so should be good. Dunno what it will be like at 3.30 on a wednesday afternoon though!

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2007, 10:53:25 pm »
Alright, I'm moving down to Reading this weekend and looking for a good pub preferably in West London where I can catch the Marsaille game this Wednesday witha few mates.

We went to watch the Portsmouth game in a pub by Paddington station which did the job but was a bit crap.  Also with Chelsea playin at the same time, don't want to go into London without knowing somewhere to go.

So basically, any pubs anyone is planing to go to in west london this wed?

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2007, 10:55:20 pm »
Alright, I'm moving down to Reading this weekend and looking for a good pub preferably in West London where I can catch the Marsaille game this Wednesday witha few mates.

We went to watch the Portsmouth game in a pub by Paddington station which did the job but was a bit crap.  Also with Chelsea playin at the same time, don't want to go into London without knowing somewhere to go.

So basically, any pubs anyone is planing to go to in west london this wed?

Coincidentally I live in West London, and work in Reading :)

Right outside the West Ken tube station on the district line is the Three Kings which is good.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:45 pm »

Right outside the West Ken tube station on the district line is the Three Kings which is good.

Cheers mate, usually get a good crowd? and will it definately show liverpool?

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2007, 11:03:52 pm »
Cheers mate, usually get a good crowd? and will it definately show liverpool?

The Landlord is a Red, so yes. They have a few dozen screens, so will show them all.

Best get there early, as it can get very busy.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: October 3, 2007, 01:39:56 pm »
Going to bump this for the new season.

Would be great to have a few pubs in London that you can rely on some Reds being in for most games. For North London, The Kings Head on Essex Road was pretty good for the 2nd leg of the Semi last year - the landlord's missus is a Red from what I remember. Anyone up for the Villa game?

Jesus I live on Essex Road and the Kings Head is literally the only pub I've never been in... any fellow reds still go down there?

Offline Gethin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2007, 06:40:35 pm »
A heads up for anyone that goes there, the landlord/lady have bought a place down by Old Street tube and will be moving there mid-September. Can't remember the name of the place (the something Star) but she was saying it's bigger and has pool tables as well as two big screens.

Anyone any idea the guys at the Kings head at ANgel  have:
1) Moved yet
2) What the name of the new place is?

Not been able to get out to the pub to watch a game since the start of the season but got to make an exception for the Derby

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2007, 07:20:02 pm »
Anyone any idea the guys at the Kings head at ANgel  have:
1) Moved yet
2) What the name of the new place is?

Not been able to get out to the pub to watch a game since the start of the season but got to make an exception for the Derby

Not sure about that one mate but I will most likely be watching it at the New Rose, also on Essex Road, just a bit further down away from Upper Street

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
« Reply #290 on: November 24, 2007, 12:16:14 am »
Hi, does anyone know a good, LFC friendly pub in London to watch Newcastle away? I just got to this city and have no idea where to watch the game. I'm on Kingsland road, but anywhere near the city centre would do. (The last post on this was mid october) Thanks!
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline adamtoale

• Main Stander
  • every other saturday's me half day off.
« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2007, 05:25:11 pm »
I have not read all the preceding posts on this topic, but I can say that there is a smashing traditional pub in Crouch End, North London called the "Hope and Anchor" which is a Liverpool supporter's pub. Landlord is a proper RED!

Had a great night watching the semi of the Euro Cup last year against Chelsea. Funny as F**K, 3 Brompton road Bum Boys came in expecting a normal night in a norf london boozer, only to to chanted out the place by half time.

Good Beer, honest food - geat laugh.
"We were playing Liverpool next week in the Cup, so I sent one of our scouts to Anfield to find their weak point. He came back and said 'The Half time Tea's a bit cold, thats about it'"

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2007, 05:33:16 pm »

Worth the trip in from Reading for any reasonably big games?
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »
Worth the trip in from Reading for any reasonably big games?

I have really struggled to find a pub in Reading that has any redeeming features for watching football in.

The Three Kings is normally very good and full of Reds, whether it is worth a trip in to London for is another matter.

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2007, 06:00:03 pm »
might try it for wednesday night then.

Well, maybe anyway. Student budget and all that, but I can't stand watching us in Reading... one of the lads here who I thought was actually a proper red was reading the Scum during yesterday's... I'm starting to lose the will to live.
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline SkemRed

• Kemlynite
  • Fat Man Dem Crew
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2007, 08:22:14 pm »
Old Ale Emporium on Green Lanes in Harringay shows LFC over arsenal - the pubs a shithole though and the clientele a motley crue (weird, not voilent). Also the agricultural on chapel market N1 is good for the match. The Queens Head at Turnpike Lane is a no-no though. Big crowd (cosmopolitan I think they call it) for reds games but not the type of crowd an upstanding citizen would mix with, unless they like stabbings, shootings, being robbed and being surrounded by London's finest scum.
May I? No, it's dirty...

Offline kennysshinpad

• Main Stander
  • Oooooh this should get me mediocrety
« Reply #296 on: November 25, 2007, 08:31:16 pm »
O'neills on Leicster Sq in general always seems to show LFC games on the top floor
We may as well have Mr Magoo

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2007, 08:33:13 pm »
might try it for wednesday night then.

Well, maybe anyway. Student budget and all that, but I can't stand watching us in Reading... one of the lads here who I thought was actually a proper red was reading the Scum during yesterday's... I'm starting to lose the will to live.

One thought to consider may be....

....We are on the same day as Chelsea, and that pub is in Chelsea-ville. Now I have not been there for a Champions League night, just in case Chelsea gets the big screen and commentary.

In saying that, I was there for a 3pm kick off, which was being shown ahead of a Chelsea game, so maybe the Red Landlord knows his stuff.

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2007, 09:46:11 pm »

worked on there about 10 years back when they refurbed it to a 'via fossa'...sure it was an old combat 18 pub back then

Offline Gethin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2007, 02:03:15 pm »
Anyone out in North London for the Manc game? Can't stay home and watch it - I'll drive the wife nuts  ;D

Offline DWMault

• Boys Pen
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2008, 01:29:56 pm »
am moving down to London on the 21st and will be living in hackney. Anyone know any good pubs to watch the games?

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2008, 02:34:27 pm »
am moving down to London on the 21st and will be living in hackney. Anyone know any good pubs to watch the games?

The best one near to you mate is probably the Kings Head on Essex Rd, Islington, N1. Good reds pub, landlady's a red, good beer, show most games on a big screen. Quite a few RAWKites in there.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2008, 02:47:14 pm »
The best one near to you mate is probably the Kings Head on Essex Rd, Islington, N1. Good reds pub, landlady's a red, good beer, show most games on a big screen. Quite a few RAWKites in there.

Live on Essex Road myself :)

I have never been there before by my mate just told me about the Yucatan Pub in Stoke Newington.... apparently it plays all the 3pm saturday games. Charges £6 to get in but they give you 2 drinks vouchers, so really they're just stopping people going in and watching games for free without buying a drink. I'll be heading down tomorrow for Middlesborough away to check it out...  :hally
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:48:49 pm by Pym »

Offline DWMault

• Boys Pen
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2008, 03:18:05 pm »
Thanks for that.

Sounds great. I'll defo check those two out next week.

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2008, 12:26:21 am »
Hello all  - currently in the process of moving to London from Liverpool, taking up Graduate jobs after finishing uni that are based here. Right now I'm staying temporarily in Clapham Junction but I'm moving properly into a flat in Bethnal Green (E2) in 3 weeks. Enjoying it so far - but worried about missing our games, at  home there's always a local showing the match on foreign tv -if I cant make it .

Does anyone know any pubs that will  be showing our FA cup match on Saturday- it's not on 'normal' tv - so would need to be a foreign channel? Obviously ideally close to Clapham - but as I'm free all Sat I'm prepared to tube it  -although I'm ok on the Tube but pretty clueless after that!

Would really appreciate it lads!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:52:29 am by gazjones6 »

Offline Ceebs

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2008, 02:51:06 am »

The Dolphin on Mare Street in Hackney usually has any televised Liverpool matches on if it's a Saturday/Sunday. Not sure about evenings though. Never a very big crowd, but mostly reds. Looks dodgy, but never had any problems in it. Just a bit traditional.
Let's drink to the hard working people
Let's think of the lowly of birth
Spare a thought for the rag taggy people
Let's drink to the salt of the earth

Offline DWMault

• Boys Pen
« Reply #306 on: January 27, 2008, 09:26:51 pm »
The king's head in Islington has now changed hands - so is not run by  reds anymore. It is friendly though. The Dolphin on Mare Street is the only pub I been hanging out in, but I never associated it with football or Liverpool. Great in the evenings!

Offline DWMault

• Boys Pen
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2008, 07:23:44 pm »
Is anyone going to watch the game tonight around hackney?

If so let me know or text me 07950293184

Offline DWMault

• Boys Pen
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:17 pm »
Some idiot thought it would be funny to send me a text calling me a cockney c*nt. I've only recently moved down to London after my whole life in Liverpool. What the fuck is that about?

I know it's partly my fault for putting my number on the post, but I don't know anyone down here and thought it would be good to watch it with some fellow reds!

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2008, 10:22:34 pm »
Can't help you with pubs in Hackney but if you're ever in Peckham the Wishing Well is quite good.

As for who sent you the text, could've been anyone including guests, shame though.

Great result btw.   ;D
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #310 on: February 29, 2008, 05:06:07 pm »
Hello - I've just moved to Bethnal Green - Next to Liverpool street. Wondering if there are any reds from around there on here - where is the best place to watch the reds on the tv -  this 'extra time' bar sounded like the ideal place but apparently has closed/changed? So somewere like that were there will be a few reds and you can wear colours/scarves without it kicking off. Be good to find somewere for Sunday.

Cheers

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #311 on: February 29, 2008, 06:04:33 pm »
The king's head in Islington has now changed hands - so is not run by  reds anymore. It is friendly though. The Dolphin on Mare Street is the only pub I been hanging out in, but I never associated it with football or Liverpool. Great in the evenings!

Bit of a loss that. Problem you'll find with London mate is - obvious i know - the sheer bloody size of it. It's hard to get enough reds into one neighbourhood for a game unless it's a big European fixture, then you'll see this thread start to buzz a bit.

If you find out where the old Kings Head crew have moved onto, let us know. The Litten Tree in Old St might be a contender, but it's not a brilliant option. Could really do with finding a pub where a good crowd of us can head to for the Inter away game.

Anyone wanna open the bidding…
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline sheff-jim

• Legacy Fan
  • Schizophrenic?! I'm bleeding Quadrophenic
« Reply #312 on: February 29, 2008, 10:34:31 pm »
A few Reds used to get into The Rose & Crown on Hoe St, Walthamstow.

Mind you that was 10 years ago when I lived down there.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: March 5, 2008, 07:08:49 pm »
Could really do with finding a pub where a good crowd of us can head to for the Inter away game.

Indeed, I'm moving back down to London next week, day of the game ::) and will be desperately seeking a place to watch it, none of my mates down there like footie and I don't fancy wandering into some dodgy pub on me own for some reason ;D

I'm gonna be living in E14, so if anyone knows of any friendly places round there, *please* let me know! Don't mind travelling a bit if there's gonna be a good atmosphere further afield :)

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #314 on: March 5, 2008, 07:10:34 pm »
Belushi's on Great Dover Street
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline DWMault

• Boys Pen
« Reply #315 on: March 6, 2008, 06:38:07 am »
I found a great little pub last night where I watching us destroy West Ham. It was very friendly and quite a few exiled reds and all.

They are showing the Newcastle game.

Made me laugh last night they night us on a huge plasma (which was labelled Anfield) and Chelsea on a shitty portable in the corner!

It 's called the West Brom (the land lord is a huge baggies fan) and it's on Goldsmith Road just down from Broadway Market in Hackney.

Am going to watch Newcastle on saturday and Milan next week - would be good to watch the game with a few reds. Anyone let me know where you are heading.

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2008, 04:21:31 pm »
Would be ideal to get a group of us in one bar tonight - although it's obviously pretty late notice - DWMault that pub is pretty close to me (Bethnal Green) but it looks quite far from the nearest tube on google maps. I watched the Westham game in the White Bear 2 minutes from Kennington tube which was good met quite a few reds in there.
So any ideas/preferences....?

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »
sounds like a good idea, altho i cant tonight as im working nights atm, but we could try and sort something out for the next round!!

Im in SE London
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2008, 12:07:51 am »
Would be ideal to get a group of us in one bar tonight - although it's obviously pretty late notice - DWMault that pub is pretty close to me (Bethnal Green) but it looks quite far from the nearest tube on google maps. I watched the Westham game in the White Bear 2 minutes from Kennington tube which was good met quite a few reds in there.
So any ideas/preferences....?

Just came back from the White Bear in Kennington. Was a few Reds there like, but a bit disappointing for a match of this importance.

Surely there must be some pub in London where Liverpool fans gather in strength? If not, let's get a little organized and choose a pub where we all gather when not at the match itself!!
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2008, 12:13:35 am »
The Famous Three Kings right next to West Kensington Tube Station.

The landlord is a Red, there are plenty of screens, they show all the games. (even the naughty ones). There is always a big Liverpool crowd there, singing and all sorts.