Author Topic: AFL thread: games, results, discussion  (Read 445099 times)

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: AFL thread: games, results, discussion
« Reply #6201 on: October 1, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »
Hawks
Cyril

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6202 on: October 1, 2015, 10:33:45 pm »
Hawthorn
Diperdomenico

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6203 on: October 2, 2015, 11:51:28 am »
Hawthorn
Diperdomenico
:)

Winner?
Hawthorn
Margin? (pts) 17
Norm Smith medallist? Rioli
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6204 on: October 2, 2015, 02:13:20 pm »
Want eagles to win but predict hawks by 35, Lewis for nsm

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6205 on: October 2, 2015, 10:43:53 pm »
Can't believe that people have been camping out since Thursday night for a match that doesn't start until Saturday arvo. Had no idea that a lot of tickets are general access. First in best dressed. Amazing that such a process exists in our Nanny State at a stadium that holds 100k.

Go the Eagles.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6206 on: October 2, 2015, 11:00:42 pm »
Weagles
Darling (I like that his name reminds me of Blackadder)

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #6207 on: October 3, 2015, 08:15:34 am »
Well done Hawthorn; back to back to back Premiers!

:scarf :champ

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6208 on: October 3, 2015, 08:19:41 am »
Hawks
Cyril
2 out of 3 has never felt sweeter

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6209 on: October 3, 2015, 11:13:53 am »
#bunchoftwats

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6210 on: October 3, 2015, 02:48:13 pm »
Shouldve continued watching Uconn v BYU.

Hawthorn have been damn good but these last few Grand Finals have really sucked. Theyve been terrible for a neutral.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6211 on: October 4, 2015, 11:44:27 am »
Always irritating to lose when you had chances but didn't take them.  It was clear that the Hawks had so much more composure during the big moments - there must have been 5 critical moments (not including kicking so many behinds) which could have kept us in it.  Hawthorn were better, no doubt about that, but we let ourselves down and I hope that we get another chance to put it right so the lessons learned are not lost.

Did you see the list of 3-peat coaches which Clarkson is now part of? Barassi, Matthews etc.  I think I underrate him.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6212 on: October 4, 2015, 12:00:12 pm »
Shouldve continued watching Uconn v BYU.

Hawthorn have been damn good but these last few Grand Finals have really sucked. Theyve been terrible for a neutral.
They've been awful. To be fair though, 2005-2012 saw some of the greatest grand finals we've ever seen.

But you compare yesterday to the NRL Grand Final today and all we can hope for is some teams can pick up their game next year.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6213 on: October 5, 2015, 05:09:27 am »
John Worsfold...new Essendon coach.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6214 on: October 5, 2015, 07:25:18 am »
They've been awful. To be fair though, 2005-2012 saw some of the greatest grand finals we've ever seen.

But you compare yesterday to the NRL Grand Final today and all we can hope for is some teams can pick up their game next year.

Or hope that the Hawks implode spectacularly ;D
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6215 on: October 5, 2015, 07:26:33 am »
John Worsfold...new Essendon coach.

For a time there both LFC and Essendon EFC were both officially without a manager/senior coach. Now it looks like we may end up with Klopp/Woosha - would be pretty happy with that outcome!!
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6216 on: October 5, 2015, 07:41:19 am »
I thought for a good while that Woosha would be good for Essendon but even though he's a dickhead biased Cartlon c*nt, I agreed with a lot of Robert Walls' article on him the other day.

He should lay a good foundation. But may also be too negative to take Essendon to the ultimate. With that said, they have to keep Carlisle. Could easily be the best defender in the league. Much better than the weird mormon Tiger pretty-boy.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6217 on: October 5, 2015, 01:34:55 pm »
For a time there both LFC and Essendon EFC were both officially without a manager/senior coach. Now it looks like we may end up with Klopp/Woosha - would be pretty happy with that outcome!!

I woke up to the news BR was gone, half an hour later Woosha was announced. Literally one coach out, one coach in.

nicholasanthony, why do you say that? Took over from the Eagles when they finished 14th, in his first season took them to finals and within 3 years had them playing off in a Grand Final then won the flag. Yes he also won a wooden spoon in 2010, but he was able to rejuvenate that list by taking them to 4th the following season. You've got to be a damn good coach to be able to do that. And with our list and our core group of players I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we made a similar jump.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 01:39:33 pm by OzBomber »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6218 on: October 21, 2015, 06:53:49 pm »
Did Carlisle's switch go through before this video of him allegedly snorting a 'white powder' surface?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6219 on: January 11, 2016, 09:49:11 pm »
Oh fuck.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cas-verdict-essendon-players-to-miss-season-2016-20160107-gm18nq.html

Current and former Essendon players have been found guilty of doping offences and will miss the entire 2016 season after the Court of Arbitration for Sport upheld the World Anti-Doping Agency appeal.

In a stunning reversal of the AFL Tribunal decision that cleared the 34 current and former Essendon players last March, CAS was comfortably satisfied that the players had taken the banned substance thymosin beta-4 in 2012.

While the players were handed the mandatory two-year bans and were found to be significantly at fault, CAS indicated that most of the 34 would be suspended until November 13 this year, depending on the backdating that applies in each case.

Having served a shorter provisional suspension, Leroy Jetta, who is no longer an AFL player, comes back in February 2017. Alwyn Davey is also serving a longer suspension.

Jobe Watson and Dustin Fletcher have been banned for eight days longer than the remaining players, due to playing in the international rules series.

The players did not receive the major discount for "no significant fault, no significant negligence", which can cut a sentence drastically.

The ruling means that, barring any further legal appeals, most players will miss all of the 2016 season, in a judgment that is disastrous for both Essendon and the AFL.

The AFL, which had hoped the players would escape suspension, is set to confirm on Tuesday that Essendon will be given the opportunity to recruit "top-up" players for the period of suspension - which is for the 2016 season.

The judgment, unprecedented in AFL and Australian sporting history, will have a number of consequences, with the players almost certain to consider legal action against Essendon and possibly the AFL.

The AFL Commission is also facing an imminent decision on whether to strip Bombers skipper Jobe Watson of his 2012 Brownlow.

The players' legal representatives, the AFL and the anti-doping bodies were informed of the CAS decision early on Tuesday. It is unclear if there are legal avenues of appeal, though it is possible to take the matter to a Swiss court or Australian courts.

Barring a successful legal challenge, Port Adelaide will be without their ex-Bombers Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries for the relevant period, while the Bulldogs will lose Stewart Crameri and St Kilda and Melbourne will be deprived of recruits Jake Carlisle and Jake Melksham respectively.

Essendon will be without Watson and many of their premier players, such as Dyson Heppell, Michael Hurley, Cale Hooker, Michael Hibberd and Brent Stanton, along with Travis Colyer, David Myers, Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Ben Howlett and Tayte Pears. Exactly half of the 34 are no longer playing AFL football. 

The CAS decision, while significant and unwelcome for Essendon, the players and the competition, was not surprising to those with a knowledge of the hearing in Sydney.

WADA's case involved bringing not only doping expert Richard Young and his offsider to Australia, but expert witnesses from the US and Germany.

Sources with a knowledge of the CAS hearing had observed before the verdict that the panel, headed by London QC Michael Beloff, gave strong signs that they would set the bar lower for "comfortable satisfaction" - the standard of proof in doping cases - compared with the AFL anti-doping tribunal.

Beloff had also indicated at one point that he could not see why players were entitled to a "no significant fault, no significant negligence" discount, which could cut a sentence from two years to one and might have seen the players avoid missing games altogether.

The players did not qualify for cooperation, either, which can reduce sentences by a further six months, but they will receive discounts for what is deemed to be a period they've already missed.

WADA's successful appeal of the AFL Tribunal verdict - which had found decisively against the Australian Sport Anti-Doping Authority - was led by renowned doping lawyer Young, who had been among those who prosecuted disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong and had helped devise the WADA code.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6220 on: January 12, 2016, 03:44:44 am »
Absolutely gobsmacked. Today was supposed to mark the end of this whole fiasco, but things could get even uglier from here with all the possible legal ramifications.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6221 on: January 12, 2016, 05:34:03 am »
You're surprised, really? There was never going to be any other outcome once WADA got involved. Despite the AFL's best efforts to sweep it all under the carpet, Essendon have finally been forced to face the consequences of their crimes. The players have every right to sue for their wrecked careers, and the club is going to have a long battle ahead to restore its status and credibility. I've never switched allegiances in any sport, ever, but I wouldn't begrudge Essendon fans who want to jump ship.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6222 on: January 12, 2016, 07:24:45 am »
12 months for taking a drug THAT DIDNT EVEN WORK. Thats the one thing that shits me in all this. We were fucking horrendous in 2012. The drugs we took resulted in more injuries and worse form. It's going to be a long for years ahead for Bombers fan.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6223 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:59 pm »
One of the biggest stories in sport. If this was Football or an American sport you'd be hearing about this everywhere. I'd been out of the loop for quite a while on it, but didn't see this coming to be honest.
Well it made the BBC so it's definitely massive news.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6224 on: January 12, 2016, 03:25:17 pm »
How can the NFL do what they do and the NRL have their bans but the AFL have to cop what WADA say? Weird.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6225 on: February 23, 2016, 09:52:27 am »
With the start of the season being about a month away, I figured I'd get the tipping competition up and running again.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/RAWK_AFL_Tipping_2016
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6226 on: March 6, 2016, 09:32:54 am »
With the start of the season being about a month away, I figured I'd get the tipping competition up and running again.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/RAWK_AFL_Tipping_2016

Anyone?
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6227 on: March 6, 2016, 09:40:37 am »
Yeah I'm in.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6228 on: March 21, 2016, 11:47:18 am »
In.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6229 on: March 21, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »
In!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6230 on: March 21, 2016, 10:08:25 pm »
I'll join, let's see if I remember!
My Twitter

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6231 on: March 28, 2016, 08:23:25 pm »
Anyone know where I can stream the games for free? As Im living in Dubai now & not exactly able to get access to the games I was wondering if there was a Kodi channel or reliable stream for the games? Even if its a replay. Wouldnt mind watching the Geelong v Hawthorn game.  :P
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6232 on: April 1, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »
The Pies pulled that one out of their you-know-what. Great 2nd half of footy.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6233 on: April 2, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »
So, um, this is shit.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6234 on: April 3, 2016, 08:48:10 am »
Great performance from The Hawks..not the opponent you want after a loss but dealt with. Even Gibson is scoring.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6235 on: April 3, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6236 on: April 9, 2016, 02:53:34 pm »
Christ, this rebuild is going to take a lot of patience. Hopefully Carlton won't be shown on Channel 7 for a little while. Thanks Mick for leaving us with no goalkickers anywhere on the pitch, you absolute thundercunt.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6237 on: April 10, 2016, 08:57:20 am »
HAWKS!! Really good win..some of these younger dudes are really stepping up. This week, it's Sicily
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:00:27 am by b_joseph »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6238 on: April 25, 2016, 04:03:40 am »
 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

My God this is so bad the only thing I can do is laugh.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6239 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:38 am »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

My God this is so bad the only thing I can do is laugh.

Great post. Wish I would work out what exactly you are referring to considering the last post in this thread was 10 days ago.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.