Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112329 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #960 on: January 9, 2011, 05:39:23 pm »
Give what a rest?! I am saying we were the same today as we have been all Season... You think we suddenly played well today?! The whole game was quite poor. The Mancs play was bad and so was ours... It was a poor game.

Harsh that mate, the pen was never a pen, we know that but to keep them at bay like we did for as long as we did is a vast improvement on what we have been witness too so far.
It'll do us the world of good.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: January 9, 2011, 05:39:24 pm »
If our defenders were worried about avoiding minimal contact against the opposition strikers then we would let in much more goals than the ones we let because of an ocasional wrong ref desition.
Btw on our last 3 trips to the toilet the ref has given the mancs a penalty.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:07 pm »
I forgot to mention Aurelio's great chance, was shades of his 2009 free there.

He slipped aswell didn't he?

Was a great effort that and was unlucky not to fly in.

Think the fact he slipped meant to didn't get as much power as he wanted behind it.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #963 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:12 pm »
Two of them there, guy in the grey hoodie too.

Before we start another witch hunt, let's talk to the fans that were actually there and find out if there was any provocation before we hang draw and quarter the lad. Not nice we know but fuck sake has not anybody on here acted impulsively when provoked? I've been to Old Trafford many times and some of the vitriol aimed at scousers has been hard to take on the cheek let alone turn the other one.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:17 pm »
Frankly mate I can't be bothered, if I have to tell you why it wasn't a poor performance, then seriously you need your head checked.
But then again I forgot I am talking to the person who think england can do no wrong and spain and the most boring team to ever play football.
OK whatever Mr SuperFan.

Offline Wot_Shanks_would_Say

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #965 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:20 pm »
Dissapointed by the result but probably the best we have played this season, and thats all I was looking for.

Looks like they're doing great business on rose-tinted-specs.com. This performances was at best on a par with the first game of the season vs arsenal. We have been much better e.g vs chelsea and spurs. Come on, kenny or no kenny we were still crap today. Still creating virtually nothing. It goes without saying that webb cost us and gerrard was a silly sausage but we were still crap.

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #966 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »
Kenny's United press conference:

Kenny Dalglish spoke of his desire to 'bring back the happy memories' for the Liverpool fans who today welcomed his return with rapture.

Chants of 'Dalglish' could be heard throughout our 1-0 FA Cup third round defeat to Manchester United - and the man himself admitted he was overcome with emotion to be back after 20 years away from the Liverpool dugout.

"The reception of the fans was unbelievable," said Dalglish. "It crossed my mind to do a Mourinho or a Gary Neville and run down the line to their corner but I never made it!

"But the fans have always held a special place for me and my family and thankfully they've got a long memory of those happy times. I hope we can bring them back. Their support for me today was superb.

"I cannot see into the future. All I can do is promise the same as when I signed in 1977 - 100 per cent commitment from Kenny Dalglish.

"The next six months will be fantastic for me. If we put as much effort and commitment to the cause as we have today then we should be alright.

"It's my responsibility to encourage the players and improve them, and hopefully we'll get better."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-s-united-press-conference

Kenny certainly knows how to talk to the press! unlike Hodgson Kenny oozes class!!  :)
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »
Give what a rest?! I am saying we were the same today as we have been all Season... You think we suddenly played well today?! The whole game was quite poor. The Mancs play was bad and so was ours... It was a poor game.

I'm not sure which games you watch. You said recently our first half against Bolton was really good. I think everyone agreed otherwise. Today was a vast improvement. 12 v 10.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #968 on: January 9, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »
Hilarious to see someone using the "super fan" card who was, just a week ago, telling people to stop moaning, get behind the team and manager, and generally repeating that ad nauseam over and over again.

I say hilarious, but obviously I mean twattish.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline BigSpruceyGob

• Sold.
  • Anny Roader
  • ITK to be honest
« Reply #969 on: January 9, 2011, 05:41:03 pm »
A few points:

1) It was a soft penalty but there was contact and Agger had no need to touch Berbatov.It was a stupid decision from him.

2) Gerrards tackle was crazy.It was two-footed and he was off the floor, right in front of the ref.It was a red, lets be fair.You have to expect more from your captain.

3) Some really big positives today - Kelly was superb and Reina really kept us in it.With a bit of luck, and maybe a bit more effort from Nando, we might've pinched a draw.We'll do Everton next week - the perfect response.

4) This conspiracy shite is really embarrassing.We've had more penalties at Old Trafford against  United in the past few years than they have had against us.And as the Manc twat I work with said to me before, when was the last time they got a penalty at Anfield?

5) Meireiles was dreadful and I'm losing patience with him very quickly.
oh and

6) The dick giving it 'Munich!' really needs a fucking good slap.I reported that twat on Talksport for his nonce comment last night, this was on a par.Gives us all a bad name.
Next season................whisper it............

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: January 9, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »
Again from Paul Dalglish:

"Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Empire! I am not normally bitter as you know but it's is different rules against them!"
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: January 9, 2011, 05:42:10 pm »
What fantastic words from the King. We can't ask for anymore than this.

Kenny owes us nothing. He's brought us all together again, that in itself says enough about the man.

Just watched him on Sky, how much more confidence do you get from Kenny speaking he even makes a shite free kick from Jonjo seem positive
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: January 9, 2011, 05:42:36 pm »

Considering we played most of the game with 10 men, and still came out of the match looking the stronger side, I'd say yes. We did play well today. Even more so when you consider the scum have lost just one game this season.

Certainly a lot better than the long ball tactics we've been watching all season.

Give it a rest.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #973 on: January 9, 2011, 05:42:47 pm »
People saying we created nothing, what the hell did they create?
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: January 9, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »
Their players had acres of space to play in right up to the halfway line. If that's pressing high up the pitch then fair enough.

They had too much freedom on their left/our right but I think Kuyt was trying to play more aggressively. However, overall we pressed much further up the pitch than under Roy which is a huge improvement.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #975 on: January 9, 2011, 05:43:26 pm »
Again from Paul Dalglish:

"Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Empire! I am not normally bitter as you know but it's is different rules against them!"
The amount of tweets about Howard Webb says it all really.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #976 on: January 9, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »
Not a bad result given it was 12 v 10 for long periods.

WTF was going through Gerrards head with that tackle?

Stupid from someone so experienced in the game and with the antics of Webb.

But if the letter of the law is applied fairly then the game should have stopped to deal with Rafael's challenge. Whether it's a booking, sending off or just a free kick the game stops and Gerrard doesn't tackle Carrick.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: January 9, 2011, 05:43:38 pm »
People saying we created nothing, what the hell did they create?

Opportunities for Howard Webb to give penalties/send our players off? ;)

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #978 on: January 9, 2011, 05:44:16 pm »
I think it is true mate, Barret was on Radio earlier. Didnt hear him myself but very much alluded to it, apparently.

Fucking sweet. This weekend is getting better and better. He's a great coach. 

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: January 9, 2011, 05:44:25 pm »
For those intrested here is a good site that analyses the game. http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/01/09/manchester-united-1-0-liverpool-dalglish-tactics/

There is an explanation on the difference between this and the previous Liverpool games.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 05:46:41 pm by alvaro »

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: January 9, 2011, 05:44:44 pm »
All this hand-wringing over the Munich shouter. Are you all as fucking outraged about the shit they sing about us EVERY FUCKING GAME THEY PLAY?

If not, shut up.

Yes, I am actually.  Songs about disasters are out of order.

The good thing for us is that it was just one or two of our supporters who were crass enough to do it.  Unfortunately the same can't be said of the numbers of Man U supporters and the songs they sing.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: January 9, 2011, 05:44:47 pm »

Depressing for the game that the referee is not anonymous

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: January 9, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »
In that 4231 formation the positions Maxi and Dirk play in need new players. We miss Yossi as a direct dribbler who can thread a pass. Two quick attacking players on either side so we can break more effectively.
@paulair

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #983 on: January 9, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »
OK whatever Mr SuperFan.
Superfan? You're chatting shite. You honestly couldn't see the difference in how better we were today compared to the last 2 months?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #984 on: January 9, 2011, 05:45:20 pm »

I'd prefer it if somebody from the club said it openly in the media, but I wont hold my breath.

Offline BigSpruceyGob

• Sold.
  • Anny Roader
  • ITK to be honest
« Reply #985 on: January 9, 2011, 05:45:53 pm »

The good thing for us is that it was just one or two of our supporters who were crass enough to do it.  Unfortunately the same can't be said of the numbers of Man U supporters and the songs they sing.

Totally agree.

It's already on YouTube.
Next season................whisper it............

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #986 on: January 9, 2011, 05:46:21 pm »

Yeh you're right. I mean it was an identical performance as those against Wigan, Wolves, Blackpool, Northampton, Stoke etc... Apart from the commitment, tactical organisation and managerial skill.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: January 9, 2011, 05:46:22 pm »
Harsh that mate, the pen was never a pen, we know that but to keep them at bay like we did for as long as we did is a vast improvement on what we have been witness too so far.
It'll do us the world of good.
I agree it was never a pen... And I question the sending off. The second half, we HAD to go forward, and some of the players did, but the quality how they did it was poor. The effort was there I think, which is the 'Kenny' effect. We had a couple of chances, but the Mancs had many more.
Yes I suppose it was a small improvement, especially on the effort, but I just dont think the quality was there. Harsh as it sounds, I do not think our best 11 are that good. And that is my opinion. We will vastly improve whn the owners provide funds to the Manager to improve he team.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #988 on: January 9, 2011, 05:46:30 pm »
Done well with 10 men. Think we might have done em with 11.

What was Stevie thinking? Defo sending off.

No penalty but silly all the same from Agger.

Good start overall for me.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: January 9, 2011, 05:46:34 pm »

Sadly we need to just accept that their fans will sing such awful rubbish about us. If they can't be mature then we need to be though it does hurt to be the ones to turn the other cheek

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: January 9, 2011, 05:48:04 pm »
Can we please stop blaming Agger?? If he never ever did minimal contact he would be the worst defender in the league.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: January 9, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »
Yeh you're right. I mean it was an identical performance as those against Wigan, Wolves, Blackpool, Northampton, Stoke etc... Apart from the commitment, tactical organisation and managerial skill.

Heh, those miniscule details apart it was just the same!! ;)

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »
Never a pen, in hindsight SG should never have gone in like that and imo it was a sending off. Really pleased with the way the 10 lads played out, Martin Kelly was superb, Raul was a bit off his game with a number of over hit passes, e looked better at the back and there was some passion out there. All encouraging signs for the future...

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #993 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »
Looks like they're doing great business on rose-tinted-specs.com. This performances was at best on a par with the first game of the season vs arsenal. We have been much better e.g vs chelsea and spurs. Come on, kenny or no kenny we were still crap today. Still creating virtually nothing. It goes without saying that webb cost us and gerrard was a silly sausage but we were still crap.

Bullshit. They didn't have a shot on goal until the last ten minutes, besides the "peno".We had far more attacking intent before SG got sent off. We're a team 4 points from relegation and clearly lacking in confidence, they're top of the table undefeated. We had 10 men for over an hour. Was a great display to restore confidence.

What exactly were you expecting? A 4-0 mauling at OT??

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »
Done well with 10 men. Think we might have done em with 11.

What was Stevie thinking? Defo sending off.

No penalty but silly all the same from Agger.

Good start overall for me.

Totally agree Agger made it easy for Webb, by challenging Berbatov it gave him the opportunity to dive, i wonder if we shall see a Walcott style apology, i think not
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline bloodred09

• Kemlynite
  • God is love find him you need him
« Reply #995 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »
Agreed.  Fair enough to say Torres wasn't sharp today, he wasn't.  But I don't understand the "Everyone tried but Nando..." stuff.  I don't want him to run around knocking himself out cold chasing shadows.  That's not  a good use of his time out there especially with a man down.  Unfortunately his control and passing wasn't up to snuff but it's not fair to paint that as a lack of effort.  Meireles was really bad but no one questions his effort.
I did, i thought he was weak today to be honest
YOU may tie your shoestrings in the morning, but the UNDERTAKER may untie them before night.
ARE YOU READY to meet your MAKER?

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #996 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:40 pm »
But he only pulled out of it to an extent (though he still played the ball) because Rafael shaped to take his legs off by jumping with two feet off the floor. So why wasn't that a red if Gerrard's was? Meireles did Rafael a favour indeed (although I think he was looking to do his own legs a favour more than anything else), but why did Webb not take action there? He bottled it, he was all over the place. Then another strong challenge goes in and suddenly it's a red, despite not even giving a free kick for Rafael's challenge, and despite not blowing straight away or not seeing it properly. I'm only surprised he didn't help them kill the game off later on when Kelly cleanly challenged Evra in the area.

There was more contact in the Kelly challenge.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »
Can we please stop blaming Agger?? If he never ever did minimal contact he would be the worst defender in the league.

Daft to put a foot in when he didn't need to, pure dive from their player but we just need to move on

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #998 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:48 pm »

If you think we were 'crap' today then geez.

I was actually quite proud of the lads. They actually showed fight.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »
A few points:

1) It was a soft penalty but there was contact and Agger had no need to touch Berbatov.It was a stupid decision from him.

2) Gerrards tackle was crazy.It was two-footed and he was off the floor, right in front of the ref.It was a red, lets be fair.You have to expect more from your captain.

3) Some really big positives today - Kelly was superb and Reina really kept us in it.With a bit of luck, and maybe a bit more effort from Nando, we might've pinched a draw.We'll do Everton next week - the perfect response.

4) This conspiracy shite is really embarrassing.We've had more penalties at Old Trafford against  United in the past few years than they have had against us.And as the Manc twat I work with said to me before, when was the last time they got a penalty at Anfield?

5) Meireiles was dreadful and I'm losing patience with him very quickly.

Good post that, fair assessment of things. Stevie needs a word in his ear after that. Kenny's first game, at Old Trafford and he goes and does something as fucking stupid as that. He's the captain and should behave as such, that wasn't what he did out there today. With regards to Meireles I'd be willing to give him more time but that pulling out of tackles is not fucking on. Opposition managers will see something like that and target him, so he's gonna gave to toughen up and deal with it.