Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112275 times)

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #920 on: January 9, 2011, 05:29:26 pm »
All this hand-wringing over the Munich shouter. Are you all as fucking outraged about the shit they sing about us EVERY FUCKING GAME THEY PLAY?

If not, shut up.
I am. They're all gobshites.

Anyone who sings about any disaster where innocent people died are a gobshite.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 9, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »
It's quite clear. Unless you're thick. That lad is a disgrace, and a gobshite.

tbf its not clear to me.
but who knows maybe he was pissed off at their chants , maybe his dad died at hillsborough.
I think we should leave the judgements aside

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: January 9, 2011, 05:30:07 pm »
Was NOT a penalty... Fuckin robbed.
As for the game...Another poor performance...
I really hope Kenny sells half of the first team and inject some new blood. I have gone on for ages why I think the problem isnt the Managers, but is the players... I just dont think we are good enough.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #923 on: January 9, 2011, 05:30:10 pm »
All this hand-wringing over the Munich shouter. Are you all as fucking outraged about the shit they sing about us EVERY FUCKING GAME THEY PLAY?

If not, shut up.

yes mate we give them shit for it, no reason we shouldn't give our own supporters for it as well.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #924 on: January 9, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »
We did press though, not ultra-aggressively, but we didn't lose the ball and then all run back to our 'shape' at the edge of our own box, only going for a tackle when the opponent actually reaches us. Sure we didn't really press their back 4 aggressively, but we didn't just let them saunter into our own half without putting in any kind of challenge or pressure either, it was a clear difference to our previous tactic this season.

I must have been watching a different game first half when their CB's had fucking yards of space by the halfway line when in possession.

Offline benny

• Anny Roader
  • the road end united will never be defeated
« Reply #925 on: January 9, 2011, 05:30:54 pm »
Always gutted to lose to them horrible twats,but in the bigger picture we've had the best result of all this wk end.90 mins today was a big improvement on the last 6 months things are looking up.Long live the king,fuck off howard webb you shit house rat.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #926 on: January 9, 2011, 05:30:57 pm »
Great game. Bad result but great effort. Given the last time I saw the two teams face off it was all one way traffic and the scoreline flattered us to be honest. Nothing which tells me that Kenny  is not a good manager anymore or the game has moved on etc etc. We shall see how things go from here on. I am sure given the back room staff and if Steve Clarke is coming in, things will get better. Kenny will improve with time, in fact, I think by February we shall see the results with consistency in playing style and results.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: January 9, 2011, 05:31:00 pm »
I really hope Kenny sells half of the first team and inject some new blood. I have gone on for ages why I think the problem isnt the Managers, but is the players... I just dont think we are good enough.

Poor performance? Are you having a laugh?
Jesus I give up I really fucking do. Some of our supporters really need to go support another team.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: January 9, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »

I really hope he promotes Suso - the lad is absolutely brilliant!

Much as I want to see young talent come through the ranks I've not seen Suso play as much as I'd like too... is he more worthy of a chance than Pacheco, Eccleston and such considering his very young age and inexperience?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #929 on: January 9, 2011, 05:31:11 pm »
From twitter (now deleted)

Linda_Pizzuti: Webb is, how do you say politely... a challenge to agree with, even by referee standards (2.38pm)

Think the words you are looking for are "corrupt" and "bastard" Linda

Offline lea7kewell

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #930 on: January 9, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »
Just want to make a point on Torres - agree with 'Danny boy the red' his support gets took away from him in the first half - Old Trafford is a hard place to go anyway, and when you lose your captain, and best player, the impact on others (ie Torres) is going to be a negative one.

Aldo was saying we should cash in in the Summer - but it says alot when he's still our best, and most threatening forward
We can go into all the ins and outs of how the Yanks never backed us in the transfer market - but the fact is Fernando has been isolated for basically 2 years now - a new, top striker is a must - and hopefully not at the expense of Torres.
There are places I remember - All my life, though some have changed - Some forever, not for better - Some have gone and some remain ...

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: January 9, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »

If not, shut up.
Know what you are getting at but two wrongs dont make a right, i saw him and was sat in a bar, my lad said whats he shouting , i told him it was about a German city, Spurs twat behind me said " fackin ell cant you sing about your own team"  :butt
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: January 9, 2011, 05:33:02 pm »
Paul Dalglish on Twitter:

"Just stopped for lunch and saw the score. Absolutely sick. Hate losing to them. Fergie has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string!"

Say how you feel, Paul. :D
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #933 on: January 9, 2011, 05:33:04 pm »

If not, shut up.
Of course we all are, but that doesnt mean we should have retaliated, we need to be better than them and set the example that you need to pay respect to any disaster. Which is why we are angry it came from one of our own, we should know better.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: January 9, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »
I didn't see the Rafael challenge - but if it was one footed then you are bang on, there's no comparison. As you say, two feet off the ground in a lunge = red, same way as elbowing someone in the face = red, or a professional foul = red, and rightly so IMO, in all of those cases.

Rafael pulled out of the challenge at last(ish) sec and Raul got out of the way before that. If the latter had stayed in then maybe there was charge to call but otherwise it was a normal tackle

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: January 9, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »
Paul Dalglish on Twitter:

"Just stopped for lunch and saw the score. Absolutely sick. Hate losing to them. Mr Alex Ferguson has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string!"

Say how you feel, Paul. :D

Heh. Nice :)

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: January 9, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »
Kenny's United press conference:

Kenny Dalglish spoke of his desire to 'bring back the happy memories' for the Liverpool fans who today welcomed his return with rapture.

Chants of 'Dalglish' could be heard throughout our 1-0 FA Cup third round defeat to Manchester United - and the man himself admitted he was overcome with emotion to be back after 20 years away from the Liverpool dugout.

"The reception of the fans was unbelievable," said Dalglish. "It crossed my mind to do a Mourinho or a Gary Neville and run down the line to their corner but I never made it!

"But the fans have always held a special place for me and my family and thankfully they've got a long memory of those happy times. I hope we can bring them back. Their support for me today was superb.

"I cannot see into the future. All I can do is promise the same as when I signed in 1977 - 100 per cent commitment from Kenny Dalglish.

"The next six months will be fantastic for me. If we put as much effort and commitment to the cause as we have today then we should be alright.

"It's my responsibility to encourage the players and improve them, and hopefully we'll get better."

Asked what his old adversary Alex Ferguson said to him before kick-off, Dalglish replied: "He said 'Welcome back'. I thought he'd be up here first to warm you up before I came in to be honest!"

Liverpool lost 1-0 following a controversially awarded penalty after less than a minute of play, Daniel Agger making the slightest contact with Dimitar Berbatov.

Ryan Giggs duly converted, and though the Reds initially looked good for an equaliser, their task was made all the more difficult by the straight red card flashed by referee Howard Webb to Steven Gerrard for a strong challenge on Michael Carrick.

Dalglish added: "Obviously I'm not going to be pleased to lose a match but the most important thing for us is what we got out of it - that we had a great deal of effort and commitment from the players. Their endeavour and enthusiasm and commitment to the cause was matched by the supporters and if we get everyone pulling in the same direction we'll have a good chance to improve things going forward.

"I don't think any one of our players could be faulted for effort and commitment. Yes, they might pass it better or finish it better but this is a hard place to come.

"To concede a penalty in the first minute and get a man sent off was always going to make it difficult for us but the boys stuck to the task. Up until they hit the post late in the second half they had the penalty shot and very little else. If we can restrict the top teams to that then it bodes well for us."

Dalglish substituted Fernando Torres with 14 minutes remaining.

Quizzed on the striker's form, he said: "We couldn't have got any more from Fernando in terms of effort and commitment. He ran himself into the ground. It's a great sign he's determined to get himself back and silence any critics he's got. He did everything that was expected of him on the day.

"When you look at the lads, it doesn't matter how good a player you are - you've still got to have a bit of confidence. And we've got to get that confidence back in him.

"We've got to get the players confident and believing in themselves. Once we get that then we'll move forward."

The Reds had to do without Glen Johnson, whose wife fell into labour.

"The lads were thrown into a wee bit of turmoil yesterday with Glen Johnson's wife going to have a baby and it's 100 per cent proper that he wants to be with her," said Dalglish.

"Young Martin Kelly comes in and he's as good as anyone on the pitch. That's great encouragement for Martin and for all the young boys out there. Jonjo Shelvey came on and was a wee bit ambitious with his free-kick, but at least he's looked up and noticed something."

Dalglish was asked if he would appoint any new coaches to help him turn Liverpool's season around.

He replied: "I don't know - I've only just turned up. If there are people who have left positions then obviously they'll have to be filled."

Regarding possible new signings, The King added: "If somebody had said to me, this is your squad of players, would you take the job? I'd have said yes with the squad of players we've got. I've got no pre-conceived ideas of players I have in mind to bring in. Whether there are other targets there that the club had in mind before I came in, I don't know. And I shouldn't know because I wasn't in a privileged enough position to know."

Reporters wanted to know more about how Dalglish's return came about.

He told them: "I was on a boat, I was happy! Then I got a phone call from John Henry and he said 'Do you want to come and look after the team until the end of the season?'

"Being a professional athlete I was at the bar!

"It's brilliant. It's amazing how quickly the memory comes back to you. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was in the dressing room.

"It's a club that means a great deal to me and my family."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-s-united-press-conference
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #937 on: January 9, 2011, 05:34:14 pm »

I dont think you can call that a poor performance. Raul was off, Torres didnt bother after Stevie went off and Stevie got sent

Thought we showed real grit and determination.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline JCP

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Star Wars Games
« Reply #938 on: January 9, 2011, 05:34:33 pm »
Christ we were playing for 10 men for most of the game, what did you expect.

Offline thekop0071

• Main Stander
« Reply #939 on: January 9, 2011, 05:34:35 pm »

If not, shut up.

"He has a point-strangely enough me thinks "  !!!!
"I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager." - Rafa Benitez 3 June 2010

They ripped my heart  from my chest TWICE.
Firstly when the drove a knife into the back of Rafa and when they de throned the king both men who I would glady follow to the ends of the earth ! YNWA

Online redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #940 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:13 pm »

If not, shut up.

eggzackerly.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #941 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:23 pm »
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:23 pm »
 rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand
By the way I never told howard webb to send gerard off I just said I thought it was a 2footed tackle... #justsaying

TWAT

Two footed = red card. Knew exactly what he was doing

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #943 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:23 pm »

give it a rest
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »
Jesus I give up I really fucking do. Some of our supporters really need to go support another team.

Some "fans" should be excused the trouble of supporting the team. If they can't see the simple truths whether painful or pleasurable then they're not worthy of intercourse on the subject

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #945 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:41 pm »
He does Ingerlund! ;D
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: January 9, 2011, 05:35:50 pm »
OK Mr SuperFan... Tell me why that was a good performance?!

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #947 on: January 9, 2011, 05:36:05 pm »
....if Steve Clarke is coming in, things will get better.

Is this true? Where did you hear that?

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: January 9, 2011, 05:36:45 pm »
rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand
By the way I never told howard webb to send gerard off I just said I thought it was a 2footed tackle... #justsaying

TWAT

I think he knew exactly what the words "2 footed tackle" would do when mentioned to HW

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #949 on: January 9, 2011, 05:36:49 pm »
Why give him TV time? :/

The media do that to make all of us look bad. You know how people like to tar everyone with the same brush!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: January 9, 2011, 05:36:51 pm »
No, we didn't.

Until the sending off we did.  It was a similar performance to the 2-0 defeat we had last season under Rafa where we played some really bright football in the first half but fell away and surrendered meekly in the second.  Torres, Kuyt, Mereiles, Lucas and Stevie all did a good job of pressing the united players when they had the ball.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/01/09/manchester-united-1-0-liverpool-dalglish-tactics/

I agree with zm's analysis.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: January 9, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »
rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand

TWAT

Too be fair if Ferdinand told Webb to bend over he would

Offline BigSpruceyGob

• Sold.
  • Anny Roader
  • ITK to be honest
« Reply #952 on: January 9, 2011, 05:37:14 pm »
A few points:

1) It was a soft penalty but there was contact and Agger had no need to touch Berbatov.It was a stupid decision from him.

2) Gerrards tackle was crazy.It was two-footed and he was off the floor, right in front of the ref.It was a red, lets be fair.You have to expect more from your captain.

3) Some really big positives today - Kelly was superb and Reina really kept us in it.With a bit of luck, and maybe a bit more effort from Nando, we might've pinched a draw.We'll do Everton next week - the perfect response.

4) This conspiracy shite is really embarrassing.We've had more penalties at Old Trafford against  United in the past few years than they have had against us.And as the Manc twat I work with said to me before, when was the last time they got a penalty at Anfield?

5) Meireiles was dreadful and I'm losing patience with him very quickly.
Next season................whisper it............

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: January 9, 2011, 05:37:55 pm »
give it a rest
Give what a rest?! I am saying we were the same today as we have been all Season... You think we suddenly played well today?! The whole game was quite poor. The Mancs play was bad and so was ours... It was a poor game.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #954 on: January 9, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »
Is this true? Where did you hear that?

I think it is true mate, Barret was on Radio earlier. Didnt hear him myself but very much alluded to it, apparently.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #955 on: January 9, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »

"I cannot see into the future. All I can do is promise the same as when I signed in 1977 - 100 per cent commitment from Kenny Dalglish.

"It's my responsibility to encourage the players and improve them, and hopefully we'll get better."

What fantastic words from the King. We can't ask for anymore than this.

Kenny owes us nothing. He's brought us all together again, that in itself says enough about the man.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #956 on: January 9, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »
Until the sending off we did.  It was a similar performance to the 2-0 defeat we had last season under Rafa where we played some really bright football in the first half but fell away and surrendered meekly in the second.  Torres, Kuyt, Meireles, Lucas and Stevie all did a good job of pressing the united players when they had the ball.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/01/09/manchester-united-1-0-liverpool-dalglish-tactics/

I agree with zm's analysis.

Their players had acres of space to play in right up to the halfway line. If that's pressing high up the pitch then fair enough.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: January 9, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »
OK Mr SuperFan... Tell me why that was a good performance?!

Frankly mate I can't be bothered, if I have to tell you why it wasn't a poor performance, then seriously you need your head checked.
But then again I forgot I am talking to the person who think england can do no wrong and spain and the most boring team to ever play football.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #958 on: January 9, 2011, 05:39:09 pm »
I forgot to mention Aurelio's great chance, was shades of his 2009 free there.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #959 on: January 9, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »
Give what a rest?! I am saying we were the same today as we have been all Season... You think we suddenly played well today?! The whole game was quite poor. The Mancs play was bad and so was ours... It was a poor game.

You seriously think we were the same today as we have been all season - I give up really
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer