Author Topic: An idea to Protest at Hicks and Gillet inside the Ground that everyone can do !  (Read 26820 times)

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
I was watching the Inter Milan game yesterday and noticed they protest to decisions by waving toilet roll and its something we all have and costs buttons but it looks amazing and to see the whole Kop or even the ground doing it would be immense ! Plus if SoS could put the word out stating why we are exactly doing it i.e not against the Refs decisions we could do it before the game and during half-time or whenever really , plus its not against the law to carry tissue into the ground or wave it about and i feel the Police and Stewards would be powerless to do anything about it , but i do think it would make all the press and news , just an idea folks , what do you think ? Its Peaceful and cheap and everyone even the children can get involved and it would imho look Amazing and every game could be the same which would send a clear message to the Leeches .
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
I think that any way of showing dissent towards the owners of LFC must be considered.  As you said, this idea is not expensive and could be really visible even for people watching on TV. 

However, the problem seems to be the passive stance that most fans appear to have on this issue.  Unlike our friends down the road, whose protest of wearing green and gold seems to be gathering pace from game to game!

I like your idea though...would be interesting to know what SOS thinks!
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Do what they do in Spain and wave white hankeys.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture

I have a green, gold (with flecks of red) hankey!!  (have flu.... :)
From the Country of Liverpool

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan

I think you would get the problem of not everyone owns a white hankey or even a hankey as i dont think many would say they dont own a toilet roll  ;) ! The visual aspect is that good as Inter made all the Sly Sports news doing it yesterday and if we were to do it surely we would aswell and the press and everyone would be intruiged why we are doing it and if SOS explained its against the owners i think it could be good as if you check it out for yourself or have seen it its visually amazing !

As i said its been mentioned about the black arm bands , black balloons , the SOS cards against Hicks and Gillet , they all cost alot more are are not as good visually imho , and everyone can take some of there own in the ground before the match and every match and everyone could do it who wanted H & G out and am sure everyone would catch on and do it even for the fun aspect in the end and the word would spread throughout Europe as well as here as we have put own own mark on it and its new meaning in England would be to signify disatisfaction with the owners of your club .

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
I think you would get the problem of not everyone owns a white hankey or even a hankey as i dont think many would say they dont own a toilet roll  ;) ! The visual aspect is that good as Inter made all the Sly Sports news doing it yesterday and if we were to do it surely we would aswell and the press and everyone would be intruiged why we are doing it and if SOS explained its against the owners i think it could be good as if you check it out for yourself or have seen it its visually amazing !

As i said its been mentioned about the black arm bands , black balloons , the SOS cards against Hicks and Gillet , they all cost alot more are are not as good visually imho , and everyone can take some of there own in the ground before the match and every match and everyone could do it who wanted H & G out and am sure everyone would catch on and do it even for the fun aspect in the end and the word would spread throughout Europe as well as here as we have put own own mark on it and its new meaning in England would be to signify disatisfaction with the owners of your club .

When I said hankey, i didnt mean litterally a hankey and nothing else will do. A bog roll, a piece of A4 paper will do the bloody job.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline kopite@m45

• A frightening peek inside the mind of a Tory voter... fuck me its roomy in here
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mo mo mo, Mo Sissoko
What if everybody brought in a ref's whistle and blew the house down ? These would cost pennies for a plastic one.

The richer people (in the executive seats) could bring rattles.
A legendary dickhead, no less.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
You'd get some c*nt complaining that the toilet roll is ruining the enjoyment of his £400 day out because he can't focus his camera properly on Gerrard.

Until we tackle the opposition within the fanbase, we'll have no chance.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
You'd get some c*nt complaining that the toilet roll is ruining the enjoyment of his £400 day out because he can't focus his camera properly on Gerrard.

Until we tackle the opposition within the fanbase, we'll have no chance.

Bang on.

Last time I was on the Kop, the couple sitting behind me asked me to stop waving my flag because they couldn't see the players warming up. Un-fucking-believable.
JFT97

Offline LiverpoolFaCupFan

• Anny Roader
Bang on.

Last time I was on the Kop, the couple sitting behind me asked me to stop waving my flag because they couldn't see the players warming up. Un-fucking-believable.

I know it's not a laughing matter, but this made me laugh!

what banner is yours?
"You come here to Anfield, you stand there and listen to that crowd, and it's the greatest sight in football."

Offline Lady OOT

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I was watching the Inter Milan game yesterday and noticed they protest to decisions by waving toilet roll and its something we all have and costs buttons but it looks amazing and to see the whole Kop or even the ground doing it would be immense ! Plus if SoS could put the word out stating why we are exactly doing it i.e not against the Refs decisions we could do it before the game and during half-time or whenever really , plus its not against the law to carry tissue into the ground or wave it about and i feel the Police and Stewards would be powerless to do anything about it , but i do think it would make all the press and news , just an idea folks , what do you think ? Its Peaceful and cheap and everyone even the children can get involved and it would imho look Amazing and every game could be the same which would send a clear message to the Leeches .

I saw the Inter fans and thought of the Kop doing it .... 'Flush the Turds'  ;D

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
We need something that everyone can get involved with.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
United and Liverpool to join forces in US protest
Exclusive by Mike Keegan

February 22, 2010

Manchester United and Liverpool fans plan to stun the football world by launching an 'unholy alliance' at Old Trafford next month.

In a move that until recently would have been unthinkable, United supporters and their Anfield rivals are set to put aside years of bitter hostility to launch a joint protest against their respective American owners.

M.E.N. Sport can reveal that talks between key fan groups from each side of the great divide have already taken place.

Plans to stage a joint show of strength at the March 21 game have been discussed but are still being finalised.

Any joint demonstration is expected take place in the ground with protest marches ruled out amid fears fans, unable to ignore the two club's historic differences, would clash.

Supporters of both clubs may be encouraged to join in chants and display banners sympathising with each's cause.

One source described the plans as "ground breaking."

He said: "There have been talks and certain groups from both sides are up for it.

"It just shows what state football in this country is in when two of its biggest rivals are talking about joining together."

How the proposals will be greeted by the majority of fans from both ends of the East Lancs Road is yet to be seen.

United's Green and Gold protest against the Glazer family has won grudging support among Liverpool followers upset with their own US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Whether or not the majority of both sets of supporters could stomach a coalition - even if it is only for one game - is unclear.

The source added: "It's a massively sensitive issue and whether it will happen at this match, I don't know."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1193369_united_and_liverpool_to_join_forces_in_us_protest
SoS Membership Number: 387

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
We need something that everyone can get involved with.

Why cant everyone get involved in this its only toilet paper as mentioned above and we all have it so costs of making anti H&G cards are dismissed straight away , plus each game it was done it would imho catch on as even the kids can get involved as mentioned and most would see it as fun and want to be part of it , and if SOS said why we were doing it to the press then word would spread and Europe would even get to hear our plight as we had taken something that was there moking of a Ref and put our own mark of wanting rid of our owners on it , its just an idea that i thought could at least be attempted as the costs are low , we all already own it , its peaceful , plus it gets the message across , and its visually amazing and am sure the likes of Sly Sports and the press would be onto it straight away , didnt think there would be to many arguments against it tell the truth .

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
United and Liverpool to join forces in US protest
Exclusive by Mike Keegan

February 22, 2010

Manchester United and Liverpool fans plan to stun the football world by launching an 'unholy alliance' at Old Trafford next month.

In a move that until recently would have been unthinkable, United supporters and their Anfield rivals are set to put aside years of bitter hostility to launch a joint protest against their respective American owners.

M.E.N. Sport can reveal that talks between key fan groups from each side of the great divide have already taken place.

Plans to stage a joint show of strength at the March 21 game have been discussed but are still being finalised.

Any joint demonstration is expected take place in the ground with protest marches ruled out amid fears fans, unable to ignore the two club's historic differences, would clash.

Supporters of both clubs may be encouraged to join in chants and display banners sympathising with each's cause.

One source described the plans as "ground breaking."

He said: "There have been talks and certain groups from both sides are up for it.

"It just shows what state football in this country is in when two of its biggest rivals are talking about joining together."

How the proposals will be greeted by the majority of fans from both ends of the East Lancs Road is yet to be seen.

United's Green and Gold protest against the Glazer family has won grudging support among Liverpool followers upset with their own US owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Whether or not the majority of both sets of supporters could stomach a coalition - even if it is only for one game - is unclear.

The source added: "It's a massively sensitive issue and whether it will happen at this match, I don't know."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1193369_united_and_liverpool_to_join_forces_in_us_protest

Has actually left me speechless?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Me too - as any discussions haven't been with the Union.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Me too - as any discussions haven't been with the Union.
It's even here, if you could be bothered to read anything they print: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1252827/Manchester-United-Liverpool-fans-plan-shock-joint-Old-Trafford-protest-American-owners.html

It sounds like made up nonsense then.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Cant imagine it being more than a chorus of "Yanks out".
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
It's even here, if you could be bothered to read anything they print: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1252827/Manchester-United-Liverpool-fans-plan-shock-joint-Old-Trafford-protest-American-owners.html

It sounds like made up nonsense then.

Wont bother clicking on that link but read the other article

The one thing this proves to me is that the United groups have better links and aliances with the press than ours do.

Now before i get shouted at, it may not be the fault of our groups, and more about the press being willing to "help" united fans, but their protests certainly get more column space, air time and discussion than anything we do, and by that come across as more committed and more organised.

Offline stfabians

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Could you imagine the jokes if we covered Anfield in toilet paper - in essence your on the right lines, but not with bog roll!!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wont bother clicking on that link but read the other article

The one thing this proves to me is that the United groups have better links and aliances with the press than ours do.

Now before i get shouted at, it may not be the fault of our groups, and more about the press being willing to "help" united fans, but their protests certainly get more column space, air time and discussion than anything we do, and by that come across as more committed and more organised.

They've got more onside about their problems.

The Union has banged on and on about our problems and while progress has been made and continues to be made the education of their fans may have been better, easier or probably, in my view, the actual changes made by the Glazers have hit people harder and made them more radical (although a load of Norwich scarves, while visually powerful, is hardly storming the battlements).

I think we might have a more militant fanbase if we'd suffered what they have in relation to the compulsory ticketing scheme, big increases in season ticket prices and things like the loans and expenses taken out of the Club (which dwarf what our lot have taken).

The other advantage they have is the fact that their fanbase has a larger proportion of rich fans ready to jump in and kick start a takeover while we have Share Liverpool..........
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:03:00 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly

The Union has banged on and on about our problems and while progress has been made and continues to be made the education of their fans may have been better, easier or probably, in my view, the actual changes made by the Glazers have hit people harder and made them more radical (although a load of Norwich scarves, while visually powerful, is hardly storming the battlements).

I think we might have a more militant fanbase if we'd suffered what they have in relation to the compulsory ticketing scheme, big increases in season ticket prices and things like the loans and expenses taken out of the Club (which dwarf what our lot have taken).

The other advantage they have is the fact that their fanbase has a larger proportion of rich fans ready to jump in and kick start a takeover while we have Share Liverpool.

And they have a local newspaper who is willing to run that sort of story which just says a source said and no official quotes from any group, whereas as our 'local' paper didn't even run with what happened at the Christian Purslow Meeting.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga

The other advantage they have is the fact that their fanbase has a larger proportion of rich fans ready to jump in and kick start a takeover while we have Share Liverpool.

All this fans outrage while they are still winning things.

The idea of the scalfs only being scalfs is something i dont agree with, its getting media coverage, its a simple idea and it is working. It seems SOS have to work so much harder to get the same media attention with a lot of what you do going unheard.

I realise that the media is not the number one target but they can help so much more. I wonder how many United fans have become aware of the issues because of this media interest, I also wonder how many rich fans, as you suggest, have become aware of this issue as they are surely to have been hit less hard in the pocket by the changes.

With a new refinance deal in the pipeline for us, if we get this £100M we could really do with some media coverage of our dislike for the owners right now, and over the next few months.

maybe the idea of Liverpool fans joining together with United fans would actually start to show people, both fans and other people, that this is a serious problem, and this is the length at which we will go, however it would only work if we had well planned out, well media covered events either side, otherwise we would just be washed up in the United media campaign
And they have a local newspaper who is willing to run that sort of story which just says a source said and no official quotes from any group, whereas as our 'local' paper didn't even run with what happened at the Christian Purslow Meeting.

Why is that, and what are the group doing to challenge this?

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
All this fans outrage while they are still winning things.

The idea of the scalfs only being scalfs is something i dont agree with, its getting media coverage, its a simple idea and it is working. It seems SOS have to work so much harder to get the same media attention with a lot of what you do going unheard.

I realise that the media is not the number one target but they can help so much more. I wonder how many United fans have become aware of the issues because of this media interest, I also wonder how many rich fans, as you suggest, have become aware of this issue as they are surely to have been hit less hard in the pocket by the changes.

With a new refinance deal in the pipeline for us, if we get this £100M we could really do with some media coverage of our dislike for the owners right now, and over the next few months.

maybe the idea of Liverpool fans joining together with United fans would actually start to show people, both fans and other people, that this is a serious problem, and this is the length at which we will go, however it would only work if we had well planned out, well media covered events either side, otherwise we would just be washed up in the United media campaign

I think you need to look at both sides in a bit more detail. The Green and Gold campaign has been great, fair play to them on that. Question is, will they still be getting the coverage in a year's time at the same level. We have been getting the column inches for the last two years whilst they have been getting priced out of the game. They had their initial protests in 2005 against the Glazers then all went quiet until last month. In the time inbetween ST prices have gone up dramatically, loads left to FC United and loads got priced out. The recent press coverage for them has came on the back of our Hicks Jr and Purslow meeting coverage, Pompey's situation and the likes of Palace and Chester as well so its the 'in' thing in the press now as well.

The problem with the coverage as well has been down to LFC's handling of things. Of course the club will like that. With them stopping journalists and cameramen covering the Bolton after game protest.

We have things in the pipeline. Big meeting on Sunday.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly

There is a few possible reasons. We had a meeting with the Echo recently about these concerns and issues. Hoping their coverage in future will be better.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On the Echo and Post issue we have had two meetings in the last three weeks with them (at their request) at which we were able to complain about their attitude to the Union and the whole ownership issue. They rehearsed some of the coverage they planned, which frankly was stuff we have been pushing out for 15 months.

We received a positive hearing and a promise that they would listen more carefully to what we pushed out. We were offered the chance to author some articles and we think they recognised that we were ahead of the curve on this issue with them lagging behind for whatever reason.

Time will tell if this more positive attitude is reflected in better and more positive coverage.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
I actually think it is worth at least opening dialogue with the mancs.

it would show the world that we care about our football club and how serious we are taking it.

Online PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
Could you imagine the jokes if we covered Anfield in toilet paper - in essence your on the right lines, but not with bog roll!!

Thats the whole point the media or jokes will only be made if people take notice of it , and am sure we could handle the odd joke if we knew the message was being noted and getting across the pond to H&G , lets face it we are the butt of many jokes at the minute anyway so another few wont hurt imho .

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
It's all well and good me making comments from the other side of the world, I've been here two years now and after giving my season tickets up and missing the whole match scenario like mad (I always feel as though I have to justify myself) all this shite is doing my head in. It'll take some form of radical action that the media gutter snipes will want to report on to get world wide coverage.  Saying that, I don't want to see anyone getting into a lot of shit for the masses.

Although I can't believe I'm actually saying it, I think I like the idea of joining forces with the Mancs. I reckon every fucker with a whistle will also work, just ruin the Manc game and get the attention of the world, it'll drive the commentators mental, they'll have to comment on it. Also, loads of USA flags burning on the fences along the coach park and around the cross roads by Lou Macari's chippy, the low life media will be creaming their kecks.

I fully appreciate what SOS have done so far and thank them for their continuous action on behalf of the rest of us, I just think the demonstrations, not necessarily by them, have to be stepped up a bit and effectively reported on. Let's hope the Echo can stretch their Mancunian budgets to buying a GPS between them and actually manage to spell and type in the city of Liverpool and at least show an attempt to represent the people who have lined their pockets over the years.  Long live the Union.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:50:59 am by BSBW »
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
What About making multiple banners with the YLO initials on them?  If there are several of these banners around, it will raise curiosity as to what they mean....YANK LIARS OUT! 

Its just an idea, and since they wont have direct words vs the owners, they might not be confiscated by the stewards!

What do u  think!?
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan

Would tampons be too subtle do you think?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Would tampons be too subtle do you think?

don't be daft.. Johnson would think we're having a go at him.

Offline BG101

• Boys Pen
Hello All, 1st Post.

What would the cost of something like this:-

Obviously with 'YANKS OUT'.

Simple, Just card needed and good arrangment.

That would look amazing!!!!
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be."

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
Hello All, 1st Post.

The problem with a mosaic like that though is that you have to get permission off the club to go into the Kop the day before or the morning of the game (if a night game) to lay the cards out. You can then see the outline once the cards have been placed. I don't think the club would allow such a mosaic.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hello All, 1st Post.

No chance ... has to be approved by the club first ...

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
The next time the cowboys attend the game, egg them big style. 10,000 eggs being launched at the pair of Tvvats, from a signal from the kop, would have the desired effect!

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
The next time the cowboys attend the game, egg them big style. 10,000 eggs being launched at the pair of Tvvats, from a signal from the kop, would have the desired effect!

It would show we were unruly knobheads and attract bad publicity on our behalf.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The easiest, most visual and fairly cheap option to do would for SOS to hand out plain black pieces of paper to be held up before or during the game. No need to go to the cost of printing them up as last time, just plain pieces and an explanation when handing them out (get a few guys on megaphones).

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
The easiest, most visual and fairly cheap option to do would for SOS to hand out plain black pieces of paper to be held up before or during the game. No need to go to the cost of printing them up as last time, just plain pieces and an explanation when handing them out (get a few guys on megaphones).

You wont get the megaphones on the kop though. We will be doing the leaflets again though.

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
No chance ... has to be approved by the club first ...

Pieces of paper have two sides, just a thought. Would probably stop any future mosaics if it happened though?