Author Topic: Cuban protest  (Read 4394 times)

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Re: Cuban protest
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2021, 01:56:20 am »
Good point thanks

https://twitter.com/sabrod123/status/1415496641658896391
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-lives-matter-faces-backlash-statement-cuba-protest-rcna1438
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/black-lives-matter-misses-point-about-cuba/619471/
Have you posted the wrong tweet ? I read the tweet you posted and they have clearly come out against the sanctions imposed on them by the US, they've said nothing about the current regime...
Have you a link or tweet where they come out in support of the regime ?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2021, 10:21:38 am »
Have you posted the wrong tweet ? I read the tweet you posted and they have clearly come out against the sanctions imposed on them by the US, they've said nothing about the current regime...

...at a time when the regime is using its dictatorial police powers to repress peaceful protest and beat up ordinary Cuban citizens, including black ones.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2021, 10:56:13 am »
Have you a link or tweet where they come out in support of the regime ?

I'm afraid you've totally invented that I said they've come out in support of the regime, sorry to disappoint. I said they "have effectively come out in support of the regime".

I am surprised you can read that statement and think they haven't mentioned the current regime? The statement pretty clearly launders the image of the current regime, which I'd say is a pretty supportive act. Here's a few examples of what they've done for the current regime:

a) implying they have been legitimately voted in as the government under a transparent democratic system.
b) have praised the regime's medical care (something that has clearly irked Cuban's given the lack of investment in healthcare and public health has been a trigger point for the current wave of protests against the regime) - being gaslit by weirdo americans who've never even been to Cuba can't be much fun for Cuban's trying to protest and being violently beaten down by police and state actors.
c) have uncritically praised the regime's medic-washing image laundering technique of forcing doctors to travel around the world to wherever suits the regime politically, under the guard of their intelligence services (with their family under threat at home if they don't do as they're told) determined haven't.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2021, 11:04:15 am »
Sounds like Spain.

Yep,

I got banned for pointing this out

Ive been to Spain with a black mate,  we wont go again
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2021, 03:40:16 pm »
I'm afraid you've totally invented that I said they've come out in support of the regime, sorry to disappoint. I said they "have effectively come out in support of the regime".
;D 
would it be fair to say: You've effectively come out in support of the Trump regimes sanctions against the people of Cuba ?
Why didn't you post a link to BLMs own twitter account?  You might not be swayed by other peoples interpretation of what they tweeted, then we can see what else they've tweeted about Cuba. 

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2021, 03:41:31 pm »
Yep,

I got banned for pointing this out

Ive been to Spain with a black mate,  we wont go again
You got banned for that...  ::)

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2021, 09:16:48 pm »
;D 
would it be fair to say: You've effectively come out in support of the Trump regimes sanctions against the people of Cuba ?
Fairer to say logic isn't your strongest point?

Why didn't you post a link to BLMs own twitter account?  You might not be swayed by other peoples interpretation of what they tweeted, then we can see what else they've tweeted about Cuba. 
I don't have instagram so I posted the first link I found on twitter.

Interested to hear what kind of influence and bias the sentence "Black Lives Matter has released a statement on Cuba" in the tweet I linked had over me and my views ;D Do you think those nine words swayed me a lot?

Anyway, I checked and they're on twitter and they put another statement out on the 23rd - yet again not condemning the Cuban state and/or police brutality.
https://twitter.com/Blklivesmatter/status/1418642187802218496
They can talk about "deep solidarity", but realistically I don't think people in Cuba will consider them allies.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2021, 09:33:08 pm »
Fairer to say logic isn't your strongest point?
I don't have instagram so I posted the first link I found on twitter.

Interested to hear what kind of influence and bias the sentence "Black Lives Matter has released a statement on Cuba" in the tweet I linked had over me and my views ;D Do you think those nine words swayed me a lot?

Anyway, I checked and they're on twitter and they put another statement out on the 23rd - yet again not condemning the Cuban state and/or police brutality.
https://twitter.com/Blklivesmatter/status/1418642187802218496
They can talk about "deep solidarity", but realistically I don't think people in Cuba will consider them allies.
Yet you haven't condemned the Trump Regime's sanctions on the people of Cuba... Am I to take it you agree with that regime and / or their police brutality ?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2021, 09:45:54 pm »
Yet you haven't condemned the Trump Regime's sanctions on the people of Cuba... Am I to take it you agree with that regime and / or their police brutality ?

It seems you have the same affliction the write of BLM's statements had - try as some might, you just won't engage on what is happening in Cuba as a result of Cuban state.

No matter how bad things look, no matter what the Cuban state does, the lives of Cuban people will never matter to you guys in the same way as you care about unrelated trivialities in the US or global west only.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2021, 10:01:16 pm »
It seems you have the same affliction the write of BLM's statements had - try as some might, you just won't engage on what is happening in Cuba as a result of Cuban state.

No matter how bad things look, no matter what the Cuban state does, the lives of Cuban people will never matter to you guys in the same way as you care about unrelated trivialities in the US or global west only.
Probably best if you don't criticise people for what they dont write, while ignoring what they do...Even if you think 60+ years of sanctions is an unrelated triviality.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2021, 10:31:36 pm »
Probably best if you don't criticise people for what they dont write, while ignoring what they do...
Good advice
Even if you think 60+ years of sanctions is an unrelated triviality.
Seems you forgot it moments later! ;D

By the way, since you insist on derailing this, your analogy really didn't/doesn't work.

I provided three examples in the BLM statement that were painting the regime in a positive light. If you can find me giving three positives about Trump's or predecessors sanctions (actually lets make it even broader and simpler for you, just about anything Trump did) then maybe you might be close to approaching something coherent. Otherwise, maybe drop the weirdness?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2021, 10:45:18 pm »
Good adviceSeems you forgot it moments later! ;D

Read again I was'nt criticizing you, I was asking if I should be criticising you ...Using your own flawed logic. 
btw
I disagree with your assertion 60+ years of sanctions are an unrelated triviality in relation to the current unrest .  ( in case you misunderstood that part too )

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2021, 10:55:25 pm »
Read again I was'nt criticizing you, I was asking if I should be criticising you ...Using your own flawed logic. 

There's a little bit of you still showing. I think it's your fringe. Could be the hair from the nape of your neck. But the rest of you has now well and truly gone down the plughole.  ;D

Sanctions against Cuba have probably kept the regime alive for many years, long past its sell-by date. That'll go down as yet another of Trump's glorious failures. I think most of here would think that sanctions should be lifted now. But I imagine that most of us also believe that the communist autocracy in Cuba belongs in the dustbin of history and that the ordinary Cuban deserves a bit of constitutional democracy and a bit of fair play and prosperity at long last.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2021, 11:46:22 pm »
So RAWK is in for Santo Trafficante and United Fruit Company.
On the back of a couple of dodgy holidays.
I'll roll with that to end 70 years of dictatorship.
I've even put Frank on the juke.  :)

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2021, 12:19:57 am »
I disagree with your assertion 60+ years of sanctions are an unrelated triviality in relation to the current unrest .  ( in case you misunderstood that part too )

The misunderstanding is that you think thats what I asserted.

I don't believe the sanctions to be trivial. I said that some people care about unrelated trivial things in the global west a lot, while simultaneously giving no shits about serious things, like violently preventing protests by cubans.

Since you bring it up though, what role is it that you believe the US is playing in beating down these protestors?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2021, 03:01:24 am »
There's a little bit of you still showing. I think it's your fringe. Could be the hair from the nape of your neck. But the rest of you has now well and truly gone down the plughole.  ;D

Sanctions against Cuba have probably kept the regime alive for many years, long past its sell-by date. That'll go down as yet another of Trump's glorious failures. I think most of here would think that sanctions should be lifted now. But I imagine that most of us also believe that the communist autocracy in Cuba belongs in the dustbin of history and that the ordinary Cuban deserves a bit of constitutional democracy and a bit of fair play and prosperity at long last.

Not going to try deciphering your ramblings in the the first part of your post.But you might be right about the sanctions helping prop up the communist. After all been a dick rarely brings people around to your way of thinking it usually bakes in and hardens the resolve of those who oppose you.
As for fair play and prosperity I'll liken that to the American dream... Out of reach to the majority.

Since you bring it up though, what role is it that you believe the US is playing in beating down these protestors?

None that I'm aware of Its not like they're on the US list of human right abusers who are supplied with the means to oppress their own people.
Then again the Cubans could learn a trick or two about torture from their closest interactions with the US in Guantanamo.Bay

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2021, 08:54:24 am »
Not going to try deciphering your ramblings in the the first part of your post.

[...]

After all been a dick rarely brings people around to your way of thinking it usually bakes in and hardens the resolve of those who oppose you.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.